Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #6391  
Old 12-11-2015, 03:46 PM
Logan03CO Logan03CO is offline
No wire hangers, ever!

 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 10,309
Default Re: Thank you expensive brakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by connor2712 View Post
Nearly got killed today on the highway. This lady cut me off and slammed on her brakes not even 2 inches from me.

The story:
She was driving 40 on a merging lane that hooks onto a road that people go 75-80 on, so when she moves over to the right lane I pass her in the left to gain speed for the highway. Well apparently she didn't like that, she swerves onto the highway (dangerous enough as is) and roars by me in her old crappy Tahoe, then once she gets JUST In front of me, swerves over and slams on her brakes. Being in a truck without airbags that wouldn't have been good for me. I slammed on mine and swerved over to the left lane to get away but she follows me and repeatedly taps her brakes to slow me down. Then she speeds back up and goes on like nothing happened. All of this happening within like 10 seconds. The traffic behind us slowed down quite a lot, and move away into the far lanes because they probably though they were about to witness a wreck. All I could do was set my hand on the horn and write her plates down. But of course there's nothing the cops could do anyways.

Anyone else had experiences like this before? Also why would this have been worth gravely injuring yourself or others (and her kids in the back seat I believe)
Crazy people out there!
__________________
Curent 2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1 owner - Build Thread for her: Logan's 2003 Mach 1

Former 2003 Ford Ranger owner - Build Thread for her: Project Budget Buster
Reply With Quote
  #6392  
Old 12-11-2015, 04:35 PM
Ordinary Biker Ordinary Biker is offline
Just call me'Two Rangers'
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3,878
Default Re: Thank you expensive brakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by connor2712 View Post
Nearly got killed today on the highway. This lady cut me off and slammed on her brakes not even 2 inches from me.

The story:
She was driving 40 on a merging lane that hooks onto a road that people go 75-80 on, so when she moves over to the right lane I pass her in the left to gain speed for the highway. Well apparently she didn't like that, she swerves onto the highway (dangerous enough as is) and roars by me in her old crappy Tahoe, then once she gets JUST In front of me, swerves over and slams on her brakes. Being in a truck without airbags that wouldn't have been good for me. I slammed on mine and swerved over to the left lane to get away but she follows me and repeatedly taps her brakes to slow me down. Then she speeds back up and goes on like nothing happened. All of this happening within like 10 seconds. The traffic behind us slowed down quite a lot, and move away into the far lanes because they probably though they were about to witness a wreck. All I could do was set my hand on the horn and write her plates down. But of course there's nothing the cops could do anyways.

Anyone else had experiences like this before? Also why would this have been worth gravely injuring yourself or others (and her kids in the back seat I believe)
You don't have your location up, so I don't know where you are, but here you can report road rage, yes they can do something about it. I reported a dude that passed me in a blind corner in a no passing zone. State Patrol was appreciative of being told about him.
__________________
'98, 2wd, 2.5l, 5spd, regular cab step side
'07, 4X4, 4.0l, 5spd, super cab fleet side
'66 Ford Mustang 289, Auto
'81 Yamaha XS850 custom bobber
'91 Suzuki Marauder

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin
The best government is a benevolent tyranny tempered by an occasional assassination. - Voltaire
Reply With Quote
  #6393  
Old 12-11-2015, 06:02 PM
GLH GLH is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 8,818
Default

Police can't do anything about traffic unless they see it themselves.
Reply With Quote
  #6394  
Old 12-11-2015, 06:19 PM
connor2712 connor2712 is offline
Ford Ranger Owner
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 57
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ordinary Biker View Post
You don't have your location up, so I don't know where you are, but here you can report road rage, yes they can do something about it. I reported a dude that passed me in a blind corner in a no passing zone. State Patrol was appreciative of being told about him.
Fort Worth, Texas. At least that's around where I was at, merging onto highway 820. The cops I called didn't have a care in the world.


Quote:
Originally Posted by GLH View Post
Police can't do anything about traffic unless they see it themselves.
Yes I realized that before but I was so mad I had to try anyway
Reply With Quote
  #6395  
Old 12-11-2015, 07:24 PM
Ordinary Biker Ordinary Biker is offline
Just call me'Two Rangers'
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3,878
Default Re: The Offical Vent Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLH View Post
Police can't do anything about traffic unless they see it themselves.
If you are willing to testify to it, a citation can be sworn out that has the same force as if a police office swore to it. Very few people know this, and even fewer are willing to testify.
__________________
'98, 2wd, 2.5l, 5spd, regular cab step side
'07, 4X4, 4.0l, 5spd, super cab fleet side
'66 Ford Mustang 289, Auto
'81 Yamaha XS850 custom bobber
'91 Suzuki Marauder

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin
The best government is a benevolent tyranny tempered by an occasional assassination. - Voltaire
Reply With Quote
  #6396  
Old 12-11-2015, 07:43 PM
AmericanPride! AmericanPride! is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 6,690
Default Re: The Offical Vent Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ordinary Biker View Post
If you are willing to testify to it, a citation can be sworn out that has the same force as if a police office swore to it. Very few people know this, and even fewer are willing to testify.
And any half ass lawyer will wipe his ass with that citation.

Now, if you have a high def dash cam to back it up...
Reply With Quote
  #6397  
Old 12-11-2015, 07:44 PM
Ordinary Biker Ordinary Biker is offline
Just call me'Two Rangers'
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3,878
Default Re: The Offical Vent Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanPride! View Post
And any half ass lawyer will wipe his ass with that citation.

Now, if you have a high def dash cam to back it up...
Cops don't push it as they aren't too keen on it. The main point is that yes, they can do something even if they didn't see it.
__________________
'98, 2wd, 2.5l, 5spd, regular cab step side
'07, 4X4, 4.0l, 5spd, super cab fleet side
'66 Ford Mustang 289, Auto
'81 Yamaha XS850 custom bobber
'91 Suzuki Marauder

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin
The best government is a benevolent tyranny tempered by an occasional assassination. - Voltaire
Reply With Quote
  #6398  
Old 12-11-2015, 08:26 PM
GLH GLH is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 8,818
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanPride! View Post
And any half ass lawyer will wipe his ass with that citation. Now, if you have a high def dash cam to back it up...
Hearsay. Thrown out of court every time. Yep, Gotta have evidence.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ordinary Biker View Post
If you are willing to testify to it, a citation can be sworn out that has the same force as if a police office swore to it. Very few people know this, and even fewer are willing to testify.
No. That is called hearsay.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ordinary Biker View Post
Cops don't push it as they aren't too keen on it. The main point is that yes, they can do something even if they didn't see it.
They can do whatever but it will be thrown out of court everytime. Hearsay has no use in the judicial system. Only evidence.
Reply With Quote
  #6399  
Old 12-11-2015, 08:28 PM
Ordinary Biker Ordinary Biker is offline
Just call me'Two Rangers'
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3,878
Default Re: The Offical Vent Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLH View Post

They can do whatever but it will be thrown out of court everytime. Hearsay has no use in the judicial system. Only evidence.
No it won't. It's written into the law. But This is the last I will post to you about it as I know how you are with things like facts and logic.
__________________
'98, 2wd, 2.5l, 5spd, regular cab step side
'07, 4X4, 4.0l, 5spd, super cab fleet side
'66 Ford Mustang 289, Auto
'81 Yamaha XS850 custom bobber
'91 Suzuki Marauder

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin
The best government is a benevolent tyranny tempered by an occasional assassination. - Voltaire
Reply With Quote
  #6400  
Old 12-11-2015, 08:32 PM
GLH GLH is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 8,818
Default

Ok. You could just google and find proof that hearsay is admissible as evidence in a court of law. Google is your friend.



image-2561988497.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #6401  
Old 12-11-2015, 10:08 PM
stateranger stateranger is offline
What once was is no more.
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,858
Default Re: The Offical Vent Thread.

It takes multiple reports before dispatch will contact an officer to investigate someone who is driving recklessly. 1 person reporting a reckless driver doesn't warrant sending out an officer to investigate.
__________________
2014 F150 xl 3.7 6 speed auto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk9298 View Post
HELL TO THE NO!! Abort abort abort!! That's the first thing to go!!! Ewwwww! I'm not no vampire! I don't enjoy red tea

Last edited by stateranger; 12-11-2015 at 10:16 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #6402  
Old 12-11-2015, 10:41 PM
sole sole is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 6,279
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by connor2712 View Post
story
had a crazy woman do something like this to me. I was in my big f-350 and was driving down a 4 lane road, and she would fly and next to me and slam on the brakes, she did this about 3 times then got ahead of and would violently swerve into my lane. Well at that point I started laying on the train horns and on that truck I have a real set (loud as fuck) . And she preceded to keep doing it, finally we get stopped at the next light and I roll down the window and say "what the fuck are you doing" "I WAS SHOWING YOU WHAT YOU WERE DOING TO ME!" ? What?! I was driving straight and true no swerving no nothing. She said she was a undercover agent for the Fbi and that she was reporting me. As she pulls out her 2001 Motorola flip phone and acts like she's talking to someone, and I can plainly see her phone was at the main screen. So my dad told her to go smoke some more crack and I drove off. She was cracked out lol had 4 teeth maybe lol
__________________
Black 2008 ranger sport 4.0 SOHC SAS'd and converted to 4x4 riding on a Dana 50 up front and a sterling 10.50 in the rear regeared with 5.13's, mickey thompson classic 3's rapped in 37x12.50 maxxis creepy crawlers
Reply With Quote
  #6403  
Old 12-12-2015, 12:32 AM
GLH GLH is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 8,818
Default

Ha ! Yep, those methheads and crackskanks all seem to know FBI, CIA, Mexican Mafia, etc. Hilarious !
Reply With Quote
  #6404  
Old 12-12-2015, 07:17 AM
Auburn Fan 02xlt 2wd Auburn Fan 02xlt 2wd is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,576
Default

I know working at a golf course isn't hard, I mean it's just manual labor, but good lord. This guy I work with was supposed to help me fix the bunkers. Ok, not a hard thing to do. There are 80 bunkers out here, this guy fixed FOUR. I don't know how people get away with doing absolutely NOTHING! And get paid the same as me
Reply With Quote
  #6405  
Old 12-12-2015, 01:58 PM
stateranger stateranger is offline
What once was is no more.
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,858
Default Re: The Offical Vent Thread.

All they have to do is look busy.
__________________
2014 F150 xl 3.7 6 speed auto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk9298 View Post
HELL TO THE NO!! Abort abort abort!! That's the first thing to go!!! Ewwwww! I'm not no vampire! I don't enjoy red tea
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
*Offical* What did you get for X-Mas Thread. RangerNDog Off Topic 67 01-04-2011 06:18 AM
Want to Buy: AC/Heat Vent IndianScout Interior Parts 4 11-09-2010 12:25 PM
Air Vent LED's RedPowerRanger Interior Tech 8 07-23-2010 11:04 PM
hurst vent/fix mossyoak03 Drivetrain Tech 1 06-18-2010 03:54 PM
ac vent pmac03 Interior Tech 7 12-28-2009 08:48 AM