Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #5326  
Old 07-09-2014, 01:26 PM
Stewart Stewart is offline
photog
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,739
Default

When somebody reposts your picture without credit then gets featured on a bigger page and no one knows who actually took it!!

image-1906837659.jpg

image-508018351.jpg

image-275192582.jpg

The fucking struggle lol
__________________
1997 Ford Ranger XLT
2.3L I4, 5 speed manual | Build
Flipped Shackles | Cat Delete | Polished Stock Exhaust | Throttle Cable Mod | LED conversions [cluster, HVAC, tag]
JVC KD-HDR60 | Polk Audio db6501 | Bazooka Bass Tube BT6024DVC | Hifonics ZRX1000.4 | PAC-LC1

RIP 10/8/15
Reply With Quote
  #5327  
Old 07-14-2014, 09:46 PM
jabbo88 jabbo88 is offline
chirpin' & lurkin'
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1,076
Default

Why are the prices for Rangers in California so damn high? I look at the Rangers in the Boston, MA area on Craigslist and drool over the plethora of cheap, quality Rangers. Here you're lucky if you can find a base level beater for under 4 grand.
__________________
1995 Ford Ranger XL 3.0 Long bed
Gold color
matching Leer shell ♠ clear corners ♠ black tail lights ♠ Mustang dome ♠ Bugflector II ♠ throttle mod ♠ sound system:
Pioneer AVH-x5600BHS ✣ Diamond D672S ✣ Infinity Kappa 682.9cf ✣ Precision Power P900.4 ✣ Precision Power P1000.1 ✣ Massive CORE-1 ✣ Sundown SD-2 8" ✣

BUILD THREAD
Reply With Quote
  #5328  
Old 07-14-2014, 11:20 PM
03DJ 03DJ is offline
Ford lover
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 7,052
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabbo88 View Post
Why are the prices for Rangers in California so damn high? I look at the Rangers in the Boston, MA area on Craigslist and drool over the plethora of cheap, quality Rangers. Here you're lucky if you can find a base level beater for under 4 grand.
Because...West Coast. East Coast is all rusted shit. May look good on the surface but in reality the vehicles there are prone to rust and other elements to make them worth less. You can find quality vehicles here that'll last a very long time if properly taken care of.
__________________
2003 Ford Ranger FX4: 4.0L V6 | Auto | 4.10s | 265/75R16 BFG AT KO2 | Ion Alloy 174 | Pioneer radio | Alpine Speakers| 06 tails | Thunderbolt turn signal mirrors | Kobalt Toolbox | 22" LED lightbar | Blackout headlights | Headache Rack | 140K miles. DWB!
Build Thread <-- Clicky

March 2015 TOTM

2016 Ford Fusion SE. 1.5L EcoBoost. 6-speed Auto. White Platinum Tri-Coat Metallic. 18" 5 spoke black rims. Daily Driver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioMike View Post
One can never have too many detailing supplies.
Reply With Quote
  #5329  
Old 07-15-2014, 03:39 AM
djfllmn djfllmn is offline
ford dealer parts guy
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 20,759
Send a message via AIM to djfllmn
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03DJ View Post
Because...West Coast. East Coast is all rusted shit. May look good on the surface but in reality the vehicles there are prone to rust and other elements to make them worth less. You can find quality vehicles here that'll last a very long time if properly taken care of.
wat? Not everything is rusted here.....
__________________
2016 F150 Supercrew XLT 5.0
1968 Ford Thunderbird Tudor 429 Thunderjet V8

(Click for Project Log)

traded-2007 F150 XLT Supercab 5.4
Sold:03 Sonic Blue FX4 Steppie 4.0SOHC 5spd
ranger free since 6/15/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan03CO View Post
These threads make me feel better about myself....
Quote:
Originally Posted by guell View Post
Welcome to the internet, if this is your first visit to it I suggest you stock up on a lot of preparation h cause you gonna be butt hurt a lot
Reply With Quote
  #5330  
Old 07-15-2014, 04:26 AM
guell guell is offline
Chat ********* Overlord
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,512
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03DJ View Post

Because...West Coast. East Coast is all rusted shit. May look good on the surface but in reality the vehicles there are prone to rust and other elements to make them worth less. You can find quality vehicles here that'll last a very long time if properly taken care of.
How about you look south. Vehicles down here dont rust
__________________
2011 Toyota Tundra 5.7 DC 4x4
Ranger free since 4/14/14
1972 bmw 2002tii
1974 Kawasaki mc1m 90
Reply With Quote
  #5331  
Old 07-15-2014, 07:40 AM
Farmertom390 Farmertom390 is offline
Ford Pickup
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 112
Default Re: The Offical Vent Thread.

Not everything here is rusted but chances are if it looks like a great deal on craigslist that it has some cancer. Seems like good rust free clean titled rangers are just bringing good money.
__________________
T.J. Flynn 02 x-cab 4.0, 5spd , 4x4
Reply With Quote
  #5332  
Old 07-17-2014, 03:51 PM
fork80 fork80 is offline
Like Ranger, Hate Dealer.
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 113
Default Re: The Offical Vent Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabbo88 View Post
Why are the prices for Rangers in California so damn high? I look at the Rangers in the Boston, MA area on Craigslist and drool over the plethora of cheap, quality Rangers. Here you're lucky if you can find a base level beater for under 4 grand.
After doing about a month of research in '99, I ended up finding a '92 4cyl. with shell and carpet kit, fresh paint, 72k miles for $4k. I have a great one on sale now for $6500. Keep lookin' and stay away from the dealers trying to sell them.
__________________
Non-stop Ranger owner: circa 1986 ('86, '92, '04). 648,000+ miles and counting. That's 1.04+ million kilometers for you north of the border.
Reply With Quote
  #5333  
Old 07-17-2014, 04:06 PM
96_4x4_XLT 96_4x4_XLT is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 6,189
Default

FUCK TRAFFIC
FUCK LONG WORK HOURS
FUCK OATMEAL COOKIES

that is all
__________________
95 Ranger XLT 4x2 2.3 I4 5 speed 206,000 *dead*
96 Ranger XLT 4x4 4.0 V6 5 speed 173,000 *alive*
D35 front, 8.8 rear, 3.73 gears, limited slip rear diff
Reply With Quote
  #5334  
Old 07-17-2014, 04:06 PM
Auburn Fan 02xlt 2wd Auburn Fan 02xlt 2wd is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,576
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96_4x4_XLT View Post
FUCK TRAFFIC FUCK LONG WORK HOURS FUCK OATMEAL COOKIES that is all
Lmao I'm done hahaha
Reply With Quote
  #5335  
Old 07-17-2014, 04:08 PM
floridacracker floridacracker is offline
dogrunner
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,288
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96_4x4_XLT View Post
FUCK TRAFFIC FUCK LONG WORK HOURS FUCK OATMEAL COOKIES that is all
dont hate on oatmeal cookies just hate when they put fuckin raisins in them!
__________________
2002 Ford Ranger EDGE: 4 inch spindle lift, 2 inch add a leaf, 33x12.5xR15 BFG All Terrrain KO2, Black bullethole steel rims, camo center console mod, diamond plate toolbox, 102 inch cb whip, tinted tails/corners, throttle cable mod, headlight mod, blinker mod, air box mod, Fog light mod.
Reply With Quote
  #5336  
Old 07-17-2014, 04:10 PM
96_4x4_XLT 96_4x4_XLT is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 6,189
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridacracker View Post
dont hate on oatmeal cookies just hate when they put fuckin raisins in them!
oatmeal cookies are why I have trust issues

I'll be like Hells ya! Fucking chocolate chip cookies

And then BAM! Nothing but disappointment
__________________
95 Ranger XLT 4x2 2.3 I4 5 speed 206,000 *dead*
96 Ranger XLT 4x4 4.0 V6 5 speed 173,000 *alive*
D35 front, 8.8 rear, 3.73 gears, limited slip rear diff
Reply With Quote
  #5337  
Old 07-17-2014, 04:32 PM
gcextreme gcextreme is offline
Sept. TOTM
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12,246
Default Re: The Offical Vent Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96_4x4_XLT View Post
FUCK TRAFFIC
FUCK LONG WORK HOURS
FUCK OATMEAL COOKIES

that is all
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96_4x4_XLT View Post
oatmeal cookies are why I have trust issues

I'll be like Hells ya! Fucking chocolate chip cookies

And then BAM! Nothing but disappointment
No no oatmeal cookies are fine..fuck ginger snap cookies and the ones called mackaroons or whatever the fuck they are..eew.

Anyway my rant.
my company just put me and a bunch of others thru this "Lean 5S" class on teaching us to be more organized and more efficient/productive. What a big waste of time..3 days of classes 4 hours each day...big waste of time.
The big thing they teach is how to learn what waste we have and the biggest waste we have is Movement/Walking...having to walk everywhere to get parts and tools and materials.
Well what the fuck..we cant have everything at our workstations!!
Here are the biggest forms or waste aka DOWNTIME
Defects- material and parts defects, made wrong or incorrect.
Overproduction- producing more then what is needed.
Waiting- waiting for the machine, waiting for parts etc.
Non-utilitized talent- non making the best of ones resources.
Transportation- moving materials from one place to another.
Inventory- having too much or not enough.
Movement- bodily movement in the work area.
Excess Process- doing too much or exceeding the normal standard of what is required.


Really 3 days of classes to learn this common sense shit.

And it breaks down to this, be more productive to make your boss more money so instead of him going on a 4 week vacation on his yacht he can take a 6 week vacation.

The instructor said if the company saves money and makes more money the employees will benefit with pay increases. Im like wtf? Can i get a written contract to guarantee that? Odds are the more the company profits the more the owner sticks in his own pocket cuz he doesn't give a rats ass about his employees.
__________________
1999 Ranger 3.0FFV-ExtCab-4x4-My 99 Build
1998 Ranger 3.0-ExtCab-4x4-PROJECT TRUCK-My 98 Build

GC-EXTREME GRAPHICS
NEED CUSTOM DECALS, APPAREL, or GLASS MUGS?
Visit My Thread!
Custom Stuff, Great Quality, & Great Prices!
These Graphics ROCK!

Buggman LEDS & GC-Extreme Graphics Joint Venture Mod Products Coming Soon!
Are you READY?!
Reply With Quote
  #5338  
Old 07-17-2014, 04:43 PM
djfllmn djfllmn is offline
ford dealer parts guy
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 20,759
Send a message via AIM to djfllmn
Default

Mmm ginger snap cookies
__________________
2016 F150 Supercrew XLT 5.0
1968 Ford Thunderbird Tudor 429 Thunderjet V8

(Click for Project Log)

traded-2007 F150 XLT Supercab 5.4
Sold:03 Sonic Blue FX4 Steppie 4.0SOHC 5spd
ranger free since 6/15/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan03CO View Post
These threads make me feel better about myself....
Quote:
Originally Posted by guell View Post
Welcome to the internet, if this is your first visit to it I suggest you stock up on a lot of preparation h cause you gonna be butt hurt a lot
Reply With Quote
  #5339  
Old 07-17-2014, 07:48 PM
vulcan2000 vulcan2000 is offline
Ranger!!!!!!
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 715
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcextreme View Post

No no oatmeal cookies are fine..fuck ginger snap cookies and the ones called mackaroons or whatever the fuck they are..eew.

Anyway my rant.
my company just put me and a bunch of others thru this "Lean 5S" class on teaching us to be more organized and more efficient/productive. What a big waste of time..3 days of classes 4 hours each day...big waste of time.
The big thing they teach is how to learn what waste we have and the biggest waste we have is Movement/Walking...having to walk everywhere to get parts and tools and materials.
Well what the fuck..we cant have everything at our workstations!!
Here are the biggest forms or waste aka DOWNTIME
Defects- material and parts defects, made wrong or incorrect.
Overproduction- producing more then what is needed.
Waiting- waiting for the machine, waiting for parts etc.
Non-utilitized talent- non making the best of ones resources.
Transportation- moving materials from one place to another.
Inventory- having too much or not enough.
Movement- bodily movement in the work area.
Excess Process- doing too much or exceeding the normal standard of what is required.

Really 3 days of classes to learn this common sense shit.

And it breaks down to this, be more productive to make your boss more money so instead of him going on a 4 week vacation on his yacht he can take a 6 week vacation.

The instructor said if the company saves money and makes more money the employees will benefit with pay increases. Im like wtf? Can i get a written contract to guarantee that? Odds are the more the company profits the more the owner sticks in his own pocket cuz he doesn't give a rats ass about his employees.
Dude it sounds just like my work. We got these annoying blue 5s signs everywhere now. And had employee meetings every shift
__________________
Brandon

2000 Ford ranger 4x4 steppie 3.0
Deep Wedgewood Blue
Cooper Discoverer AT'3 265/75/16
Reply With Quote
  #5340  
Old 07-17-2014, 08:13 PM
gcextreme gcextreme is offline
Sept. TOTM
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12,246
Default Re: The Offical Vent Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vulcan2000 View Post
Dude it sounds just like my work. We got these annoying blue 5s signs everywhere now. And had employee meetings every shift
Yeah i understand the need to be organized and efficient, and im always looking for ways to improve, but really for the company to pay big $$$ to pay a group to come in and spend so many hours basically teaching us common sense stuff is just stupid!


One lesson consisted of walking around a bucket, instead of walking around it and walking more steps, to remove the bucket from your path...
OMFG...i had no idea, i would never had thought of doing that!!
__________________
1999 Ranger 3.0FFV-ExtCab-4x4-My 99 Build
1998 Ranger 3.0-ExtCab-4x4-PROJECT TRUCK-My 98 Build

GC-EXTREME GRAPHICS
NEED CUSTOM DECALS, APPAREL, or GLASS MUGS?
Visit My Thread!
Custom Stuff, Great Quality, & Great Prices!
These Graphics ROCK!

Buggman LEDS & GC-Extreme Graphics Joint Venture Mod Products Coming Soon!
Are you READY?!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
*Offical* What did you get for X-Mas Thread. RangerNDog Off Topic 67 01-04-2011 07:18 AM
Want to Buy: AC/Heat Vent IndianScout Interior Parts 4 11-09-2010 01:25 PM
Air Vent LED's RedPowerRanger Interior Tech 8 07-24-2010 12:04 AM
hurst vent/fix mossyoak03 Drivetrain Tech 1 06-18-2010 04:54 PM
ac vent pmac03 Interior Tech 7 12-28-2009 09:48 AM