Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #5161  
Old 10-11-2013, 11:56 AM
gcextreme gcextreme is offline
Sept. TOTM
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12,246
Default Re: The Offical Vent Thread.

Been at my job for 5.5yrs now...i work on machines worth over $200K....i make less than $13 an hour..i am 29, been doing this since i was 24. A new older guy starts, has no experience, but i come to find that he's making $16.50 an hour...and i am training him in!!
I ask my boss, why is this guy making more than me...he says "Cuz he is older and has more going on, a house mortgage and kids to put into college, etc."
This guy is 38 yrs old...so because he is older and has kids a a fancy house and a lifestyle way of living he has to maintain, he deserves to get paid more than me??!!!

Ive heard of older people bitching cuz younger people take their jobs and do it for less $$ but never have i heard of it the other way around!!

On another note... i work on big fancy automated machines for big companies, and our company is making tons of $$ and is expanding, but do they pay their employees any more...nope..

Like i said 5.5yrs and i am making $2.00 more than what i was when i started!
This is why i am pushing my home business, vinyl graphics and shirts and trying to do it full time...i can make more doing this than working 10hrs a day at that dam factory!
__________________
1999 Ranger 3.0FFV-ExtCab-4x4-My 99 Build
1998 Ranger 3.0-ExtCab-4x4-PROJECT TRUCK-My 98 Build

GC-EXTREME GRAPHICS
NEED CUSTOM DECALS, APPAREL, or GLASS MUGS?
Visit My Thread!
Custom Stuff, Great Quality, & Great Prices!
These Graphics ROCK!

Buggman LEDS & GC-Extreme Graphics Joint Venture Mod Products Coming Soon!
Are you READY?!
Reply With Quote
  #5162  
Old 10-11-2013, 11:57 AM
stateranger stateranger is offline
What once was is no more.
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,871
Default Re: The Offical Vent Thread.

They picked the color and liked what they saw on the test piece then hated the finished product. Now their pointing out spots that you know you had to finish stripping. Their telling you who obviously knows how to do a job that they themselves cannot do. What you did looked damn good to me.
__________________
2014 F150 xl 3.7 6 speed auto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk9298 View Post
HELL TO THE NO!! Abort abort abort!! That's the first thing to go!!! Ewwwww! I'm not no vampire! I don't enjoy red tea
Reply With Quote
  #5163  
Old 10-11-2013, 12:01 PM
ford4thot ford4thot is offline
2019 SSVT Ford 'Maro
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 13,910
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stateranger View Post
They picked the color and liked what they saw on the test piece then hated the finished product. Now their pointing out spots that you know you had to finish stripping. Their telling you who obviously knows how to do a job that they themselves cannot do. What you did looked damn good to me.
Thanks. I just finished a brightening wash, if they have a problem with it at this point....I'm walking off

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by beef_stew View Post
Maybe sometime. I'm on enough lol ---------- Wow. That looks like fun. Gonna bid higher on deck/stain jobs now?
I'm never doing stain again. Srs
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler46 View Post
I suck weiner for money. I'm a gay prostitute.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerrenceStuart View Post
mods = SSSHHHHIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTT
Reply With Quote
  #5164  
Old 10-11-2013, 12:05 PM
Spidey2011 Spidey2011 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,958
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcextreme View Post
Been at my job for 5.5yrs now...i work on machines worth over $200K....i make less than $13 an hour..i am 29, been doing this since i was 24. A new older guy starts, has no experience, but i come to find that he's making $16.50 an hour...and i am training him in!!
I ask my boss, why is this guy making more than me...he says "Cuz he is older and has more going on, a house mortgage and kids to put into college, etc."
This guy is 38 yrs old...so because he is older and has kids a a fancy house and a lifestyle way of living he has to maintain, he deserves to get paid more than me??!!!

Ive heard of older people bitching cuz younger people take their jobs and do it for less $$ but never have i heard of it the other way around!!

On another note... i work on big fancy automated machines for big companies, and our company is making tons of $$ and is expanding, but do they pay their employees any more...nope..

Like i said 5.5yrs and i am making $2.00 more than what i was when i started!
This is why i am pushing my home business, vinyl graphics and shirts and trying to do it full time...i can make more doing this than working 10hrs a day at that dam factory!
Its illegal here for an employer to base the pay levels on age. Probably is there too, and him telling you he did that is enough to file a complaint with the state labor board.

Sent from my race truck so I can win wherever I am!
Reply With Quote
  #5165  
Old 10-11-2013, 01:12 PM
stateranger stateranger is offline
What once was is no more.
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,871
Default Re: The Offical Vent Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcextreme View Post
Been at my job for 5.5yrs now...i work on machines worth over $200K....i make less than $13 an hour..i am 29, been doing this since i was 24. A new older guy starts, has no experience, but i come to find that he's making $16.50 an hour...and i am training him in!!
I ask my boss, why is this guy making more than me...he says "Cuz he is older and has more going on, a house mortgage and kids to put into college, etc."
This guy is 38 yrs old...so because he is older and has kids a a fancy house and a lifestyle way of living he has to maintain, he deserves to get paid more than me??!!!

Ive heard of older people bitching cuz younger people take their jobs and do it for less $$ but never have i heard of it the other way around!!

On another note... i work on big fancy automated machines for big companies, and our company is making tons of $$ and is expanding, but do they pay their employees any more...nope..

Like i said 5.5yrs and i am making $2.00 more than what i was when i started!
This is why i am pushing my home business, vinyl graphics and shirts and trying to do it full time...i can make more doing this than working 10hrs a day at that dam factory!
Do what Spidey said. You don't deserve to be thrown to the side like that. Sounds to me like your boss hired one of his buds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford4thot View Post
Thanks. I just finished a brightening wash, if they have a problem with it at this point....I'm walking off

----------



I'm never doing stain again. Srs
Doing stain or paint is a big pain.
__________________
2014 F150 xl 3.7 6 speed auto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk9298 View Post
HELL TO THE NO!! Abort abort abort!! That's the first thing to go!!! Ewwwww! I'm not no vampire! I don't enjoy red tea
Reply With Quote
  #5166  
Old 10-12-2013, 11:53 PM
NFCTWC NFCTWC is offline
Ford Tough
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 261
Default Re: The Offical Vent Thread.

been a while since i vented so here goes...lets start with
A-the fact that at 24 i have to live with a roomate because my crap ass job pays shitty n i cant afford my own spot

B-fact that said roomate some how runs up a $1200 power bill,due partially to the landlords failing to mention that the box for the solar panels on the roof runs off our electric..well id ask him bout it..get told its ok,believed him..idk why..powers turned off..they want all 1200 to turn it back on

C-fact that then said roommate after power is off, goes to live with his Girl cuz he has the option to..has power,comforts of home,tv there..i on the other hand have NO other option..so i must stay here for..*checks calender* till the 2nd of NOV..leeching power from the outside power plug so i least have a working refrigerator n a working lamp..n well what ever i plug into the power strip..

D-that whilst he left the tv n sat box here..i could least njoy tv in my well amost 3rd world state..well decides he wants to watch tv at his girls so..bye bye tv/sat box..so now i have..a ps3 on a shitty SD tv with going from a 50" led to a 25" SD tv blows..that i only turn on every so often

E-that i cant just say fuck it n go home,much as thatd kill me cuz honestly i like living away from home but "home" is 350mis away in a state were i cant drive a car legally..

F-that im stuck in the whole fucking situation in the 1st place PLUS that i have to be roomates again with same guy n his girl..possibly in a nearby town cuz again i dont make enough to have my own place n the only other person id get a place with is in the same $ situation as me....shes lookin for her own place but life steps in n takes $

oh oh and to finish off..that i have a project car that..A) blew the higher perf motor i had in it..(i think it was prev bout to blow b4 i got it..B) after swapping in the new stock motor it DOES THE SAME FUCKING REV ISSUE.. n i cant figure it out....anyway thats my rant..
__________________
Attempting to give a fuck : ███████████████████] 99% Complete... ERROR!: Unable to give a fuck.
-92 ford ranger custom extended cab-v6/5spd,cone air filter,3" body lift,custom quiet exhaust,Audio upgrades
-97 civic DX-lots of work done but broken alot

Last edited by NFCTWC; 10-12-2013 at 11:57 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #5167  
Old 10-16-2013, 01:28 PM
sole sole is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 6,279
Default

Ok before I start this "meme" is my grandmother and Randell is my ******* step grand father, and the car I'm referring to is their POS pruis,

For the past week me and meme have planed Togo eat with my uncle, well today out of no where Randell said he wanted to go, well meme said you can drive our car, hell fucking no, or I could ride with them, hell fucking no, then she said could I take my sub box out and put my seat back in and all of us just ride in my truck and I told her it's harder than it sounds todo, so she said figure out what you wanna do and call me back, so I pretty much told her that I probably won't go if that's how it's going to play out. I don't mind fallowing them up their but she wants me to drive their car cause Randell scares her....then he just called me and acts like he was going all along and they invited me Togo and that don't go out of my way if I don't want to go..... I need to hit somthing or go fast before I rip someone's head off, I'm literally burning up because I'm so pissed right now Sent from my iPhone 5 using FRF App
__________________
Black 2008 ranger sport 4.0 SOHC SAS'd and converted to 4x4 riding on a Dana 50 up front and a sterling 10.50 in the rear regeared with 5.13's, mickey thompson classic 3's rapped in 37x12.50 maxxis creepy crawlers

Last edited by sole; 10-16-2013 at 01:32 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #5168  
Old 10-16-2013, 02:01 PM
Spidey2011 Spidey2011 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,958
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sole View Post
Ok before I start this "meme" is my grandmother and Randell is my ******* step grand father, and the car I'm referring to is their POS pruis,

For the past week me and meme have planed Togo eat with my uncle, well today out of no where Randell said he wanted to go, well meme said you can drive our car, hell fucking no, or I could ride with them, hell fucking no, then she said could I take my sub box out and put my seat back in and all of us just ride in my truck and I told her it's harder than it sounds todo, so she said figure out what you wanna do and call me back, so I pretty much told her that I probably won't go if that's how it's going to play out. I don't mind fallowing them up their but she wants me to drive their car cause Randell scares her....then he just called me and acts like he was going all along and they invited me Togo and that don't go out of my way if I don't want to go..... I need to hit somthing or go fast before I rip someone's head off, I'm literally burning up because I'm so pissed right now Sent from my iPhone 5 using FRF App
Burnouts. Soooo good at relieving stress. Lol.

Sent from my race truck so I can win wherever I am!
Reply With Quote
  #5169  
Old 10-16-2013, 08:19 PM
sole sole is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 6,279
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey2011 View Post
Burnouts. Soooo good at relieving stress. Lol. Sent from my race truck so I can win wherever I am!
my truck won't turn them over :/ 33's with a locker= no spin

Sent from my iPhone 5 using FRF App
__________________
Black 2008 ranger sport 4.0 SOHC SAS'd and converted to 4x4 riding on a Dana 50 up front and a sterling 10.50 in the rear regeared with 5.13's, mickey thompson classic 3's rapped in 37x12.50 maxxis creepy crawlers
Reply With Quote
  #5170  
Old 10-16-2013, 09:20 PM
sole sole is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 6,279
Default

And now my dad is volunteering me to do stupid shit that I won't get paid for instead of me doing stuff I'd much rather be doing and I get paid for and he's being an ass about it all, so sick of bull shit and how I'm treated like a personal Mexican

Sent from my iPhone 5 using FRF App
__________________
Black 2008 ranger sport 4.0 SOHC SAS'd and converted to 4x4 riding on a Dana 50 up front and a sterling 10.50 in the rear regeared with 5.13's, mickey thompson classic 3's rapped in 37x12.50 maxxis creepy crawlers
Reply With Quote
  #5171  
Old 10-16-2013, 09:37 PM
Spidey2011 Spidey2011 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,958
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sole View Post
my truck won't turn them over :/ 33's with a locker= no spin

Sent from my iPhone 5 using FRF App
Take a couple gallon jugs of water to help get em started.

Sent from my race truck so I can win wherever I am!
Reply With Quote
  #5172  
Old 10-16-2013, 09:38 PM
4x4fordcowboy 4x4fordcowboy is offline
Ford Off-Roader
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 457
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sole View Post
And now my dad is volunteering me to do stupid shit that I won't get paid for instead of me doing stuff I'd much rather be doing and I get paid for and he's being an ass about it all, so sick of bull shit and how I'm treated like a personal Mexican Sent from my iPhone 5 using FRF App
Try chopping down trees with a baseball bat, works very well
__________________
01 4x4 4.0
Reply With Quote
  #5173  
Old 10-16-2013, 09:44 PM
Spidey2011 Spidey2011 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,958
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4fordcowboy View Post

Try chopping down trees with a baseball bat, works very well
Wat. Must not be much of a tree if you can chop it down with a baseball bat.....

Sent from my race truck so I can win wherever I am!
Reply With Quote
  #5174  
Old 10-16-2013, 09:44 PM
Ranger Rick1 Ranger Rick1 is offline
Ford Tough
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 398
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4fordcowboy View Post
Try chopping down trees with a baseball bat, works very well
When I'm angry I got to town with an ax. I have almost cleared and entire patch of woods once.
__________________
98 ford ranger XLT 4.0 4x4 5-speed
Reply With Quote
  #5175  
Old 10-16-2013, 09:56 PM
4x4fordcowboy 4x4fordcowboy is offline
Ford Off-Roader
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 457
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger Rick1 View Post
When I'm angry I got to town with an ax. I have almost cleared and entire patch of woods once.
I did that too but it was too easy for me to just cut down a tree, I couldn't really work out all my frustration, besides you have to careful with an axe, you can't just swing away, don't swing right and your missing a limb, with bat you can swing as hard as you want, it doesn't glance off like an axe.
__________________
01 4x4 4.0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
*Offical* What did you get for X-Mas Thread. RangerNDog Off Topic 67 01-04-2011 06:18 AM
Want to Buy: AC/Heat Vent IndianScout Interior Parts 4 11-09-2010 12:25 PM
Air Vent LED's RedPowerRanger Interior Tech 8 07-23-2010 11:04 PM
hurst vent/fix mossyoak03 Drivetrain Tech 1 06-18-2010 03:54 PM
ac vent pmac03 Interior Tech 7 12-28-2009 08:48 AM