Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #451  
Old 11-02-2012, 11:28 PM
96Ranger+03YZ250F 96Ranger+03YZ250F is offline
in 2WD
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 257
Default

Redneck stone I don't publically display my guns on Facebook I only did it on here because obviously it's not like everyone knows me. Lol
__________________
'96 GEN III 3.WOAH 2WD 3.73 NLS | '00 BARRON 17 FT WITH FORD STERNDRIVE 2.3 115 HP

'81 SUZUKI GS650 - SOLD | '03 YAMAHA YZ250F | '95 GEN III 2.3 5SPD - SOLD
Reply With Quote
  #452  
Old 11-03-2012, 10:23 AM
63merc 63merc is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,130
Default

Wow! I bet you go out fist pumping.

Last edited by 63merc; 11-03-2012 at 10:28 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #453  
Old 11-03-2012, 11:29 AM
01_ranger_4x4 01_ranger_4x4 is offline
OIF Veteran

 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 6,043
Default Re: Your Gun Pics, Post Em Up!

Got out to the range today. Love the new scope/sight setup. Red dot drives tacks at 25 yards and the scope is dead on from 50-200 yards using the mildots. (range only goes to 200)




Also shot my .270 TC and my 870 with the slug barrel. A box of five 545 grain 12 gauge slugs is all my shoulder can handle anymore! Im going to be sore! lol
__________________
2001 Ranger 4x4 Stepside
-RCD Suspension lift
-33x12.5 BFG KM2's on Mickey Thomson classic locks
-4:56 gears
-Auburn gear LS
-James Duff traction bars
-Headers
-Flowmaster duals
-SCT X-Cal2 and some small exterior mods

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2321189

2005 F-150 Lariat 4x4
-LED third brake light
-Weathertech floor liners
-Edge tuner
Reply With Quote
  #454  
Old 11-03-2012, 11:31 AM
lrwfx4 lrwfx4 is offline
Ford Tough
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 474
Default Re: Your Gun Pics, Post Em Up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01_ranger_4x4 View Post
Got out to the range today. Love the new scope/sight setup. Red dot drives tacks at 25 yards and the scope is dead on from 50-200 yards using the mildots. (range only goes to 200)




Also shot my .270 TC and my 870 with the slug barrel. A box of five 545 grain 12 gauge slugs is all my shoulder can handle anymore! Im going to be sore! lol
sweet set up.
__________________



2005 Ford Ranger fx4:thrasher 3" BL" T-bar crank,shackles 33x12.50 BFG's
remote start,spray in bedliner,cap, window tint
Kenwood Excelon radio
Rockford P1683 speakers (punch)
Reply With Quote
  #455  
Old 11-03-2012, 02:46 PM
01_ranger_4x4 01_ranger_4x4 is offline
OIF Veteran

 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 6,043
Default Re: Your Gun Pics, Post Em Up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrwfx4 View Post
sweet set up.
Thanks man.
__________________
2001 Ranger 4x4 Stepside
-RCD Suspension lift
-33x12.5 BFG KM2's on Mickey Thomson classic locks
-4:56 gears
-Auburn gear LS
-James Duff traction bars
-Headers
-Flowmaster duals
-SCT X-Cal2 and some small exterior mods

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2321189

2005 F-150 Lariat 4x4
-LED third brake light
-Weathertech floor liners
-Edge tuner
Reply With Quote
  #456  
Old 11-03-2012, 08:57 PM
DadsFordGirl DadsFordGirl is offline
Choot 'Em!
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 475
Default

I've got a rifle (.22) and a shotgun (20 g) but am looking into getting a hand gun to keep in my truck. Just got my lifetime carrying license.

I haven't shot many handguns before, so I'm curious as to what you guys think.
I've shot my moms s&w .38 special. I liked it. But if I remember correctly it had a fair amount of recoil that I wasn't crazy about. Maybe cause its a snub nose?
I've also shot a buddy's glock 9mm. Loved that, I like the lightness and the minimal recoil. But I honestly don't like the plastic look.
Now, I don't shoot much. I honestly just want a gun to keep in my truck because I'm a 20 year old girl who's a farrier so I'm constantly going to people's houses that I don't know and you know... people are creepy weirdos and you never know.

My dad suggested a s&w .22 revolver. Anyone have one or shot one? Do you like it?
__________________
2004 3.0 V6 4X2 XL.
235/75/15 Wrangers
Headlight Mod: Black
8" Bazooka Tube EL

Quote:
Originally Posted by djfllmn View Post
so in other words dont f**k with Alexa lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by machine View Post
Alexa is in a room with a bunch of wild men!
Reply With Quote
  #457  
Old 11-03-2012, 09:32 PM
Aftermath Aftermath is offline
Bring Back The Ranger!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 175
Default

^ I have a .22 Smith and Wesson K frame revolver (K-22) but its a 10 shot with a 6" Barrel and would be less than ideal as a carry gun. I love it, but not to carry, long and a bit heavy. If your looking for a light recoil carry pistol and don't like polymer based pistols (Springfield XD, Glock etc) then you could check out the Beretta model 84. .380 with 13 round mag, easy to operate and very well made. Fits nicely in the hand but it is a little pricey. Good luck! It's always fun shopping for a new gun!
__________________
'04 Sonic Blue Ranger, 2 tone Katzkin leather seats, Custom Ford script spray in liner, Spyder LED tails, 8000k Morimoto HID's, LED 3rd brake light + signal mirrors, 06 badges, grille, corners, K&N intake, Magnaflow exhaust, AR Shelby series 17x8 chrome wheels, Pioneer P4300DVD, Hybrid Audio Technologies Imagine 6.5 components up front and Pioneer TS-D681R's in rear, Alpine PDX-V9 5 channel Amp, Image Dynamics IDQ 12" sub. Optima Red Top, "Painted to match" interior pieces
Reply With Quote
  #458  
Old 11-03-2012, 11:15 PM
FoMoCo FoMoCo is offline
RF.net ban camp founder
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,814
Default Re: Your Gun Pics, Post Em Up!

i know how exciting it is gun shopping, went to my first gun show today, i saw a little bit of everything, every from .22's to single shots, to desert eagles, rifles, M4's, one guy even had a .50 cal revolver... wholy shit, i'd just love to go into the sherriffs office and request a conceal carry permit for that bad sumbitch... gonna go back, and start my application, and probally end up with a RUGER SR22... nice little .22 hand gun

http://ruger.com/products/sr22Pistol/models.html

nothing extreme, i have alot of vicious wildlife out where i live, and to do a little recreation shooting, and maybe someday work up to something bigger
__________________
2013 DODGE DART RALLYE
1994 splash
702 crew
XBGT:IKONIK MOPAR
Reply With Quote
  #459  
Old 11-04-2012, 12:24 PM
96Ranger+03YZ250F 96Ranger+03YZ250F is offline
in 2WD
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 257
Default Re: Your Gun Pics, Post Em Up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DadsFordGirl View Post
I've got a rifle (.22) and a shotgun (20 g) but am looking into getting a hand gun to keep in my truck. Just got my lifetime carrying license.

I haven't shot many handguns before, so I'm curious as to what you guys think.
I've shot my moms s&w .38 special. I liked it. But if I remember correctly it had a fair amount of recoil that I wasn't crazy about. Maybe cause its a snub nose?
I've also shot a buddy's glock 9mm. Loved that, I like the lightness and the minimal recoil. But I honestly don't like the plastic look.
Now, I don't shoot much. I honestly just want a gun to keep in my truck because I'm a 20 year old girl who's a farrier so I'm constantly going to people's houses that I don't know and you know... people are creepy weirdos and you never know.

My dad suggested a s&w .22 revolver. Anyone have one or shot one? Do you like it?
PLEASE LISTEN TO ME.

If you want something not so powerful but something that isn't going to be weak in a situation where you might need some power, EVERYONE here will back me up on this I think:

Buy a .357 magnum, and have .38 specials in it. Much more dependable then a semi-auto, this gun will NEVER jam. This is what my mom has, and she has carpel tunnel, and it's perfect.
__________________
'96 GEN III 3.WOAH 2WD 3.73 NLS | '00 BARRON 17 FT WITH FORD STERNDRIVE 2.3 115 HP

'81 SUZUKI GS650 - SOLD | '03 YAMAHA YZ250F | '95 GEN III 2.3 5SPD - SOLD
Reply With Quote
  #460  
Old 11-04-2012, 12:31 PM
01_ranger_4x4 01_ranger_4x4 is offline
OIF Veteran

 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 6,043
Default Re: Your Gun Pics, Post Em Up!

Im not going to say a revolver is bad, because its not at all but its not the end all beat all of pistols by any means. Autos are far from unreliable and many military's, police departments and civilians use auto's to protect them in life or death situations all the time. I do however suggest to anyone looking for a pistol to never consider a .22 as a self defense carry weapon, all that will do to a would be attacker is piss them off. MINIMUM caliber I would consider would be a .380. I carry a .45 ACP personally.
__________________
2001 Ranger 4x4 Stepside
-RCD Suspension lift
-33x12.5 BFG KM2's on Mickey Thomson classic locks
-4:56 gears
-Auburn gear LS
-James Duff traction bars
-Headers
-Flowmaster duals
-SCT X-Cal2 and some small exterior mods

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2321189

2005 F-150 Lariat 4x4
-LED third brake light
-Weathertech floor liners
-Edge tuner
Reply With Quote
  #461  
Old 11-04-2012, 01:13 PM
DadsFordGirl DadsFordGirl is offline
Choot 'Em!
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 475
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96Ranger+03YZ250F
PLEASE LISTEN TO ME.

If you want something not so powerful but something that isn't going to be weak in a situation where you might need some power, EVERYONE here will back me up on this I think:

Buy a .357 magnum, and have .38 specials in it. Much more dependable then a semi-auto, this gun will NEVER jam. This is what my mom has, and she has carpel tunnel, and it's perfect.
Do you suggest any certain make? My dad and grandpa are both big smith and Wesson fans, so whenever I ask them, s&w is always the answer. Lol

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01_ranger_4x4
Im not going to say a revolver is bad, because its not at all but its not the end all beat all of pistols by any means. Autos are far from unreliable and many military's, police departments and civilians use auto's to protect them in life or death situations all the time. I do however suggest to anyone looking for a pistol to never consider a .22 as a self defense carry weapon, all that will do to a would be attacker is piss them off. MINIMUM caliber I would consider would be a .380. I carry a .45 ACP personally.
I'm not against my mom's .38. Just curious if the .22 would kick less. And I'm honestly not really planning on trying to kill an attacker or anything.(though I know that if I had to, I would) I mainly just want something that has a nice look and if I ever had to pull it out, looks scary enough to deter anyone from fucking with me.
__________________
2004 3.0 V6 4X2 XL.
235/75/15 Wrangers
Headlight Mod: Black
8" Bazooka Tube EL

Quote:
Originally Posted by djfllmn View Post
so in other words dont f**k with Alexa lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by machine View Post
Alexa is in a room with a bunch of wild men!
Reply With Quote
  #462  
Old 11-04-2012, 01:27 PM
96Ranger+03YZ250F 96Ranger+03YZ250F is offline
in 2WD
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 257
Default Re: Your Gun Pics, Post Em Up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DadsFordGirl View Post
Do you suggest any certain make? My dad and grandpa are both big smith and Wesson fans, so whenever I ask them, s&w is always the answer. Lol
The only ones I have used have been S&W

Dude is right about semi's though bigger clips...
__________________
'96 GEN III 3.WOAH 2WD 3.73 NLS | '00 BARRON 17 FT WITH FORD STERNDRIVE 2.3 115 HP

'81 SUZUKI GS650 - SOLD | '03 YAMAHA YZ250F | '95 GEN III 2.3 5SPD - SOLD
Reply With Quote
  #463  
Old 11-04-2012, 01:28 PM
01_ranger_4x4 01_ranger_4x4 is offline
OIF Veteran

 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 6,043
Default Re: Your Gun Pics, Post Em Up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DadsFordGirl View Post


I'm not against my mom's .38. Just curious if the .22 would kick less. And I'm honestly not really planning on trying to kill an attacker or anything.(though I know that if I had to, I would) I mainly just want something that has a nice look and if I ever had to pull it out, looks scary enough to deter anyone from fucking with me.

Yes a .22 would kick less then a .38. My wife shoots my .45 ACP with no issues though so recoil should not be a huge concern, especially if its a gun you might carry or keep in your vehicle for protection. Also, as far as pulling it out to deter someone, that is just stupid and also illegal in most states. Thats called brandishing and is a big no no. The only time a deadly weapon should be taken from its holster during a confrontation is when it is to be used as such. You can bet your ass an attacker that could also be carrying is going to kill you if you pull a .22 on him/her. Forget a .22 if its for defense purposes. Yes it will kill someone but you had better be an awesome shot and I will tell you right now, under stress in a life and death situation that is easier said than done. For plinking, small game hunting and just plain fun shooting a .22 is great but thats where it ends.
__________________
2001 Ranger 4x4 Stepside
-RCD Suspension lift
-33x12.5 BFG KM2's on Mickey Thomson classic locks
-4:56 gears
-Auburn gear LS
-James Duff traction bars
-Headers
-Flowmaster duals
-SCT X-Cal2 and some small exterior mods

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2321189

2005 F-150 Lariat 4x4
-LED third brake light
-Weathertech floor liners
-Edge tuner
Reply With Quote
  #464  
Old 11-04-2012, 01:31 PM
DisturbedESV DisturbedESV is offline
Original Grab-Her
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,430
Send a message via AIM to DisturbedESV
Default Re: Your Gun Pics, Post Em Up!

I'm too lazy to find all the other pics so I'll just post this one

__________________
2008 XLT 4x4 - GRABBER ORANGE - 4.0 V6 - 5 spd
PNW CREW
Quote:
Originally Posted by camodown View Post
that's it, marie is pissed. game over
Reply With Quote
  #465  
Old 11-04-2012, 01:32 PM
01_ranger_4x4 01_ranger_4x4 is offline
OIF Veteran

 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 6,043
Default Re: Your Gun Pics, Post Em Up!

Nice ^^^
__________________
2001 Ranger 4x4 Stepside
-RCD Suspension lift
-33x12.5 BFG KM2's on Mickey Thomson classic locks
-4:56 gears
-Auburn gear LS
-James Duff traction bars
-Headers
-Flowmaster duals
-SCT X-Cal2 and some small exterior mods

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2321189

2005 F-150 Lariat 4x4
-LED third brake light
-Weathertech floor liners
-Edge tuner
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Post pics of vehicle you've seen around! dixie_boysles Vehicle Snapshots 12827 09-13-2015 06:58 AM
Gold trucks post you pics Brodie_laj Vehicle Snapshots 49 11-15-2012 03:40 PM
Post your seat cover pics? Mike Interior Tech 5 12-11-2010 11:57 AM
I support the second amendment. (gun pics) 01_ranger_4x4 Off Topic 16 04-23-2010 04:46 AM
thought I would post a few pics of the truck here BILTRITE BULLIES Vehicle Snapshots 21 01-01-2010 08:45 AM