Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #3586  
Old 04-03-2015, 08:33 PM
AmericanPride! AmericanPride! is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 6,674
Default Re: Your Gun Pics, Post Em Up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter96Teal View Post
I don't know. There's plenty of reasons. But I don't think it's really been looked for. Or missed by anyone.
I would inform the cops and have them run the serial.

If it's stolen...you're fucked.

Let's say...you get it fixed up. You take it out shooting and you're having a blast.

Johnny law shows up for any number of reasons. He asks to run your numbers...boom! In cuffs you go.

I had a sheriff come out once because of some idiot 2 miles away. I had nothing to hide, so I let him run my numbers.
Reply With Quote
  #3587  
Old 04-03-2015, 08:37 PM
chrisgxl2003 chrisgxl2003 is offline
Ford Tough
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 369
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanPride! View Post
I would inform the cops and have them run the serial. If it's stolen...you're fucked. Let's say...you get it fixed up. You take it out shooting and you're having a blast. Johnny law shows up for any number of reasons. He asks to run your numbers...boom! In cuffs you go. I had a sheriff come out once because of some idiot 2 miles away. I had nothing to hide, so I let him run my numbers.
Hahaha assuming it has serial numbers lol
__________________
2003 xl 2.3 Dohc. Step side with stock 4.10 gears. 235/70 r15 mastercraft avenger gts with 3 inch body lift. Uws black tool box. Aftermarket pioneer head unit. Flow master 40 series wit turn down pipe!
Reply With Quote
  #3588  
Old 04-03-2015, 09:59 PM
AmericanPride! AmericanPride! is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 6,674
Default Re: Your Gun Pics, Post Em Up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisgxl2003 View Post
Hahaha assuming it has serial numbers lol
Yeah! If it didn't I would turn it in immediately! Lol
Reply With Quote
  #3589  
Old 04-03-2015, 10:13 PM
Hunter96Teal Hunter96Teal is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 625
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanPride! View Post
I would inform the cops and have them run the serial. If it's stolen...you're fucked. Let's say...you get it fixed up. You take it out shooting and you're having a blast. Johnny law shows up for any number of reasons. He asks to run your numbers...boom! In cuffs you go. I had a sheriff come out once because of some idiot 2 miles away. I had nothing to hide, so I let him run my numbers.
I get what you're saying man. And we did run the serial number after about 5 minutes of going lightly with a wire brush. (Very rusty)
__________________
1997 Ford Ranger 3.0 Xlt 5spd
2.5 inch leveling kit, 31x10.50R15 Mudstar tires, upgraded sound system, interior LEDs, LED light bar, camoflauge headliner.

It is what it is.
Reply With Quote
  #3590  
Old 04-03-2015, 10:17 PM
chrisgxl2003 chrisgxl2003 is offline
Ford Tough
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 369
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter96Teal View Post
I get what you're saying man. And we did run the serial number after about 5 minutes of going lightly with a wire brush. (Very rusty)
Honestly it's possible somebody just left it there on accident. People assuming it was used to kill a family of five and beat 4 cops to death and used to rob a Walmart lol. You prolly should have mentioned that you ran the number before people started freaking out lol
__________________
2003 xl 2.3 Dohc. Step side with stock 4.10 gears. 235/70 r15 mastercraft avenger gts with 3 inch body lift. Uws black tool box. Aftermarket pioneer head unit. Flow master 40 series wit turn down pipe!
Reply With Quote
  #3591  
Old 04-03-2015, 10:19 PM
07XL 07XL is offline
Socially awkward.
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 6,327
Default

Lots of people accidently leave their guns behind an AC unit.
__________________
Blue 1998 Ford Ranger XLT stepside, single cab, 2.5L.
If you like LOLZ, click HERE for the best thread FRF has ever seen!
#BringbackHOI
Reply With Quote
  #3592  
Old 04-03-2015, 10:33 PM
chrisgxl2003 chrisgxl2003 is offline
Ford Tough
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 369
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07XL View Post
Lots of people accidently leave their guns behind an AC unit.
Idk coulda been an old man with dimentia. He need mentioned what region this ac unit was in. Coulda been at a hunting lease where there could be snakes lol whole list of other possibilities than it being a murder weapon
__________________
2003 xl 2.3 Dohc. Step side with stock 4.10 gears. 235/70 r15 mastercraft avenger gts with 3 inch body lift. Uws black tool box. Aftermarket pioneer head unit. Flow master 40 series wit turn down pipe!
Reply With Quote
  #3593  
Old 04-03-2015, 11:04 PM
Idaho99ranger Idaho99ranger is offline
Ford Tough
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 280
Default

Whether it was used in a crime or not, it is not legal to keep it.
__________________
1999 ranger ext cab 5 speed with 3.0
2012 3500 dodge cummins
Reply With Quote
  #3594  
Old 04-03-2015, 11:09 PM
Hunter96Teal Hunter96Teal is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 625
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisgxl2003 View Post
Idk coulda been an old man with dimentia. He need mentioned what region this ac unit was in. Coulda been at a hunting lease where there could be snakes lol whole list of other possibilities than it being a murder weapon
It was actually in a very wealthy neighborhood that my grandfather lives in. There was a house that nobody had lived in for like 7 years because the owners died of old age. And over time the relays for the outdoor fan became faulty. So I noticed it while I was working on it.
__________________
1997 Ford Ranger 3.0 Xlt 5spd
2.5 inch leveling kit, 31x10.50R15 Mudstar tires, upgraded sound system, interior LEDs, LED light bar, camoflauge headliner.

It is what it is.
Reply With Quote
  #3595  
Old 04-03-2015, 11:17 PM
Idaho99ranger Idaho99ranger is offline
Ford Tough
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 280
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter96Teal View Post
It was actually in a very wealthy neighborhood that my grandfather lives in. There was a house that nobody had lived in for like 7 years because the owners died of old age. And over time the relays for the outdoor fan became faulty. So I noticed it while I was working on it.
Just read your first post on this, you didnt find anything, you stole it. Theft of a firearm is a felony.
__________________
1999 ranger ext cab 5 speed with 3.0
2012 3500 dodge cummins
Reply With Quote
  #3596  
Old 04-04-2015, 12:50 AM
AmericanPride! AmericanPride! is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 6,674
Default Re: Your Gun Pics, Post Em Up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaho99ranger View Post
Just read your first post on this, you didnt find anything, you stole it. Theft of a firearm is a felony.
^^

Finders keepers doesn't really apply to firearms
Reply With Quote
  #3597  
Old 04-04-2015, 01:33 AM
Hunter96Teal Hunter96Teal is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 625
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaho99ranger View Post
Just read your first post on this, you didnt find anything, you stole it. Theft of a firearm is a felony.
Totally. Broke into the house and stole it. Yep. Because I could definitely have taken it to wherever this person may be buried and personally handed it to them. Goodness I'm a felon now. I have family in law enforcement. That serial number is clean. Since nobody had it in possession AND it was clean, there is no problem in me keeping it. Why let it go to waste when I can bring it back to life?
__________________
1997 Ford Ranger 3.0 Xlt 5spd
2.5 inch leveling kit, 31x10.50R15 Mudstar tires, upgraded sound system, interior LEDs, LED light bar, camoflauge headliner.

It is what it is.
Reply With Quote
  #3598  
Old 04-04-2015, 08:55 AM
Idaho99ranger Idaho99ranger is offline
Ford Tough
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 280
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter96Teal View Post
Totally. Broke into the house and stole it. Yep. Because I could definitely have taken it to wherever this person may be buried and personally handed it to them. Goodness I'm a felon now. I have family in law enforcement. That serial number is clean. Since nobody had it in possession AND it was clean, there is no problem in me keeping it. Why let it go to waste when I can bring it back to life?
Has nothing to do with breaking into a house. You were in a house that doesn't belong to you and removed an item from that estate. Your family should know better, you can't keep something you stole.
__________________
1999 ranger ext cab 5 speed with 3.0
2012 3500 dodge cummins
Reply With Quote
  #3599  
Old 04-04-2015, 09:02 AM
Hunter96Teal Hunter96Teal is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 625
Default

Well nobody is missing that gun. And beings where it was located and where I live, I'm fine. Nobody is going to come out to the middle of nowhere looking for that .38. My family and I aren't delinquents nor are we thieves. We are just normal Americans like you guys. We obey the law for the most part. We're just not liberals. That's why we stay in the middle of nowhere. Not off the grid, but close enough.
__________________
1997 Ford Ranger 3.0 Xlt 5spd
2.5 inch leveling kit, 31x10.50R15 Mudstar tires, upgraded sound system, interior LEDs, LED light bar, camoflauge headliner.

It is what it is.
Reply With Quote
  #3600  
Old 04-04-2015, 09:03 AM
Idaho99ranger Idaho99ranger is offline
Ford Tough
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 280
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter96Teal View Post
Well nobody is missing that gun. And beings where it was located and where I live, I'm fine. Nobody is going to come out to the middle of nowhere looking for that .38. My family and I aren't delinquents nor are we thieves. We are just normal Americans like you guys. We obey the law for the most part. We're just not liberals. That's why we stay in the middle of nowhere. Not off the grid, but close enough.
Actually you are a thief and you have chosen not to do the right thing.
__________________
1999 ranger ext cab 5 speed with 3.0
2012 3500 dodge cummins
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Post pics of vehicle you've seen around! dixie_boysles Vehicle Snapshots 12827 09-13-2015 06:58 AM
Gold trucks post you pics Brodie_laj Vehicle Snapshots 49 11-15-2012 03:40 PM
Post your seat cover pics? Mike Interior Tech 5 12-11-2010 11:57 AM
I support the second amendment. (gun pics) 01_ranger_4x4 Off Topic 16 04-23-2010 04:46 AM
thought I would post a few pics of the truck here BILTRITE BULLIES Vehicle Snapshots 21 01-01-2010 08:45 AM