Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #2476  
Old 03-08-2014, 09:11 AM
AmericanPride! AmericanPride! is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 6,674
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey2011 View Post

Does a 1911 really need 14+1? Lol
Double the capacity? Hell yeah. Lol

I'm kind of a capacity nut. I don't want the most possible. But I'm comfortable at 14. He who reloads more, loses in a shootout. Not that I'm worried about not hitting my target with my first double tap, but you can never under estimate the effectiveness of suppressing fire.

You never know what your going to run into. Happen to be in a gunman's path who has an AR/AK...you'd want double the capacity too.

You carrying loaded with 2 extra mags, is at best 24+1. 8 round mags, not many carry the 10 round ext mags.

Me carrying with 1 extra mag I'm sitting the same. With half as many reloads.

When seconds count...

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGERS4LIFE View Post

If you need 16 shots youre screwed.
Think outside the box, grasshopper. ( in very calm Steven Segal voice)

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGERS4LIFE View Post

If you need 16 shots youre screwed.
And FYI... 14+1=15
Reply With Quote
  #2477  
Old 03-08-2014, 09:15 AM
Spidey2011 Spidey2011 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,958
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanPride! View Post

Double the capacity? Hell yeah. Lol

I'm kind of a capacity nut. I don't want the most possible. But I'm comfortable at 14. He who reloads more, loses in a shootout. Not that I'm worried about not hitting my target with my first double tap, but you can never under estimate the effectiveness of suppressing fire.

You never know what your going to run into. Happen to be in a gunman's path who has an AR/AK...you'd want double the capacity too.

You carrying loaded with 2 extra mags, is at best 24+1. 8 round mags, not many carry the 10 round ext mags.

Me carrying with 1 extra mag I'm sitting the same. With half as many reloads.

When seconds count...

----------

Think outside the box, grasshopper. ( in very calm Steven Segal voice)

----------

And FYI... 14+1=15
My 1911 holds 8+1 and I usually carry a spare mag or two as well. I just love how well I can run a 1911 and don't feel the need to trade that for ammo capacity.

I don't expect to ever be involved in a Hollywood style shootout.... Odds are, if I use my gun it's gonna be just a few shots. I want accuracy, reliability, and familiarity with a platform. The fact that it's a .45 is just a bonus.
Reply With Quote
  #2478  
Old 03-08-2014, 09:18 AM
RANGERS4LIFE RANGERS4LIFE is offline
The smartest man alive.
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 599
Default

I dont believe Ive posted these before.
The 3in is 7+1 the 5in is 8+1
ForumRunner_20140308_101643.jpg
__________________
97 ORIGINAL
4.0 XLT Reg Cab Manual on Manual Transfer
Best truck I've ever owned.

Last edited by RANGERS4LIFE; 03-08-2014 at 09:22 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2479  
Old 03-08-2014, 09:21 AM
AmericanPride! AmericanPride! is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 6,674
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey2011 View Post

My 1911 holds 8+1 and I usually carry a spare mag or two as well. I just love a how well I can run a 1911 and don't feel the need to trade that for ammo capacity.

I don't expect to ever be involved in a Hollywood style shootout.... Odds are, if I use my gun it's gonna be just just a few shots. I want accuracy, reliability, and familiarity with a platform. The fact that it's a .45 is just a bonus.
It's still a 1911. Just better. Lol

I've got big hands and have always been used to a double stack frame. The frame is wider, but has slim grips. It's just a tad wider than a single stack. I couldn't even feel a difference.

Still feels like a 1911, still shoots like one, same reliability as one.

First and second times shooting it. Smaller group was second. Targets at 25'
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ForumRunner_20140308_082052.jpg (15.5 KB, 17 views)
Reply With Quote
  #2480  
Old 03-08-2014, 09:21 AM
AmericanPride! AmericanPride! is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 6,674
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGERS4LIFE View Post
I dont believe Ive posted these before.
Both Kimber?
Reply With Quote
  #2481  
Old 03-08-2014, 09:24 AM
RANGERS4LIFE RANGERS4LIFE is offline
The smartest man alive.
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 599
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanPride! View Post

Both Kimber?
The 5in is the Tactical Entry the 3in is the Tactical Ultra yes both Kimber
__________________
97 ORIGINAL
4.0 XLT Reg Cab Manual on Manual Transfer
Best truck I've ever owned.
Reply With Quote
  #2482  
Old 03-08-2014, 09:37 AM
Spidey2011 Spidey2011 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,958
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanPride! View Post

It's still a 1911. Just better. Lol

I've got big hands and have always been used to a double stack frame. The frame is wider, but has slim grips. It's just a tad wider than a single stack. I couldn't even feel a difference.

Still feels like a 1911, still shoots like one, same reliability as one.

First and second times shooting it. Smaller group was second. Targets at 25'
How much thicker is the grip?
Reply With Quote
  #2483  
Old 03-08-2014, 09:48 AM
AmericanPride! AmericanPride! is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 6,674
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey2011 View Post

How much thicker is the grip?
⅛" more at most, than a standard single. But compared to any other double stack it's no wider. It didn't feel "big" to me at all. I couldn't believe how great it felt when I picked it up
Reply With Quote
  #2484  
Old 03-08-2014, 10:12 AM
Spidey2011 Spidey2011 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,958
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanPride! View Post

⅛" more at most, than a standard single. But compared to any other double stack it's no wider. It didn't feel "big" to me at all. I couldn't believe how great it felt when I picked it up
See I just hate carrying double stacks but they feel so much wider. My Glock feels enormous. Lol
Reply With Quote
  #2485  
Old 03-08-2014, 11:13 AM
AmericanPride! AmericanPride! is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 6,674
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey2011 View Post

See I just hate carrying double stacks but they feel so much wider. My Glock feels enormous. Lol
You can only carry what fits.

And just something to think about... I don't expect a "Hollywood shootout". But I can guarantee people didn't expect to not finish the batman movie, not come home from school, not make it to their plane on a secure military base...

The world is what makes me want capacity, not the ability to hit my target. Mass shootings are dramatically more common than they used to be and you have just as much chance of being there as anyone else. That's just one example
Reply With Quote
  #2486  
Old 03-08-2014, 11:20 AM
Spidey2011 Spidey2011 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,958
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanPride! View Post

You can only carry what fits.

And just something to think about... I don't expect a "Hollywood shootout". But I can guarantee people didn't expect to not finish the batman movie, not come home from school, not make it to their plane on a secure military base...

The world is what makes me want capacity, not the ability to hit my target. Mass shootings are dramatically more common than they used to be and you have just as much chance of being there as anyone else. That's just one example
But how many rounds do you really need to stop an active shooter?

Besides, I'm not going to seek out an active shooter. If the opportunity presents itself, then sure, but my priority is going to be getting myself and as many people as I can to safety. My weapon is defensive, not offensive.
Reply With Quote
  #2487  
Old 03-08-2014, 11:24 AM
ford4thot ford4thot is offline
2019 SVT SRT DIESEL SS Ra
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 13,592
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey2011 View Post

But how many rounds do you really need to stop an active shooter?

Besides, I'm not going to seek out an active shooter. If the opportunity presents itself, then sure, but my priority is going to be getting myself and as many people as I can to safety. My weapon is defensive, not offensive.
^^^^^^
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerrenceStuart View Post
You voted for Airbag?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylark65 View Post
aren't they all airbags?
Reply With Quote
  #2488  
Old 03-08-2014, 11:28 AM
AmericanPride! AmericanPride! is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 6,674
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey2011 View Post
My weapon is defensive, not offensive.
That's where you and I differ. My gun is a dual purpose
Reply With Quote
  #2489  
Old 03-08-2014, 11:29 AM
RANGERS4LIFE RANGERS4LIFE is offline
The smartest man alive.
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 599
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey2011 View Post

But how many rounds do you really need to stop an active shooter?

Besides, I'm not going to seek out an active shooter. If the opportunity presents itself, then sure, but my priority is going to be getting myself and as many people as I can to safety. My weapon is defensive, not offensive.
Aint nothing wrong with running at an opportune time
__________________
97 ORIGINAL
4.0 XLT Reg Cab Manual on Manual Transfer
Best truck I've ever owned.
Reply With Quote
  #2490  
Old 03-08-2014, 11:34 AM
Spidey2011 Spidey2011 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,958
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanPride! View Post

That's where you and I differ. My gun is a dual purpose
There's no way I'd willingly take on an active shooter with a rifle when I'm only armed with a handgun. Regardless of capacity. If confronted by the shooter or an opportunity for a clean shot presented itself, sure. But seeking it out? No way.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Post pics of vehicle you've seen around! dixie_boysles Vehicle Snapshots 12827 09-13-2015 06:58 AM
Gold trucks post you pics Brodie_laj Vehicle Snapshots 49 11-15-2012 03:40 PM
Post your seat cover pics? Mike Interior Tech 5 12-11-2010 11:57 AM
I support the second amendment. (gun pics) 01_ranger_4x4 Off Topic 16 04-23-2010 04:46 AM
thought I would post a few pics of the truck here BILTRITE BULLIES Vehicle Snapshots 21 01-01-2010 08:45 AM