Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #1  
Old 09-03-2010, 10:26 PM
wangbungal wangbungal is offline
Ford Ranger 1997 3.0 V6
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 239
Default someone stole my info..

someone stole my info, got my bank info, changed my address, have a copy of my debit card and my pin code and withdraw all my money on my bank, i reported it to the bank and to the cops. I was so furious when the bank said they need to prove first that i am not the one who drain the account. I was on a speaking barrage with them because the first withdrawal of those a-holes that stole my account, i called up the bank to closed it and cut my card in half that night. early the next morning, i woke up check my balance and they withdraw again, i called up the bank and they said someone called up really early to re-open my bank account, that trigger me to shout on the other person on the phone, why would someone reopen an account with a red flag already on it, dont they take me seriously??

sorry guys, im just venting here, to those who have their identity stolen, how you guys handle it, any tips?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-03-2010, 10:35 PM
joldtown joldtown is offline
White Trash Ballin' MFer
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 764
Default Re: someone stole my info..

That is my worst fear in life. Sorry dude, guns solve most problems.
__________________
'02 XLT ext. cab 4.0 4x4 Off Road
Usual mods
Unusual color
Only a real man can pimp DWB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnbaum13
What really impresses us is power, originality within reason, and a nice clean rig that makes us say "damn!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger Sport
ew, don't touch me smakes
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-03-2010, 11:17 PM
Bwad Bwad is offline
Turd Generation Ranger
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,972
Default Re: someone stole my info..

Quote:
Originally Posted by joldtown View Post
That is my worst fear in life. Sorry dude, guns solve most problems.
Guns only create more problems, my friend.

To OP, I'm really sorry to hear that. I've had my bank info stolen and had numerous charges on it before, so I have a little experience with identity theft. Then again, I called my bank and they refunded me the money in like 3 days and I had to change my card number and everything. It's a bitch...
__________________
1997 Ford Ranger 2.3L
It's lowered and stuff.

My Build Thread
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-03-2010, 11:38 PM
SaskRanger SaskRanger is offline
F-150 Driver, don't hate.
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 280
Default Re: someone stole my info..

Damn dude that sucks. I have no experience with this, but I hope this gets resolved real soon!
__________________
2008 F-150 Supercrew Lariat 4x4, 5.4L.
2007 Ranger Supercab FX4, 4.0L, Accident mod done in December, 2012, totalled.
1998 Ranger Reg. Cab, 3.Slow. Sold, then totalled.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-03-2010, 11:47 PM
Ranger Sport Ranger Sport is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,137
Default Re: someone stole my info..

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangbungal View Post
someone stole my info, got my bank info, changed my address, have a copy of my debit card and my pin code and withdraw all my money on my bank, i reported it to the bank and to the cops. I was so furious when the bank said they need to prove first that i am not the one who drain the account. I was on a speaking barrage with them because the first withdrawal of those a-holes that stole my account, i called up the bank to closed it and cut my card in half that night. early the next morning, i woke up check my balance and they withdraw again, i called up the bank and they said someone called up really early to re-open my bank account, that trigger me to shout on the other person on the phone, why would someone reopen an account with a red flag already on it, dont they take me seriously??

sorry guys, im just venting here, to those who have their identity stolen, how you guys handle it, any tips?
Did they tell you who re-activated your account?

Can't be done over the phone, you need to identify yourself at the bank and the cashier needs an override code from at least a supervisor for a flagged account. I'd take this issue up with the branch manager right away.

-How did they get your pin number? A regular cashier doesn't have that info.
-How did they change your credentials? They'd need a lot of personal information to confirm your identity.


Did you give out information to an email that said you had won a prize?

Something doesn't add up.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-04-2010, 03:19 AM
TGDKY TGDKY is offline
Ford Ranger Owner
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 59
Default Re: someone stole my info..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwad View Post
Guns only create more problems, my friend.

To OP, I'm really sorry to hear that. I've had my bank info stolen and had numerous charges on it before, so I have a little experience with identity theft. Then again, I called my bank and they refunded me the money in like 3 days and I had to change my card number and everything. It's a bitch...

WRONG. Guns solve that problem.
__________________
2000 Ranger Super cab 4x4- 4.0/3.73's/5 Speed
TBAR max/31x10.50 Yokahoma AT/S

2005 Explorer XLT 4x4- 4.0/3.73's/AUTO
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-04-2010, 04:56 AM
FireRanger FireRanger is offline
Blinded by the light
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 7,674
Send a message via AIM to FireRanger
Default Re: someone stole my info..

He probably sent and e-mail or threw away postal mail that contained his name and social security number. If you have that number, you can do anything. NEVER EVER send a complete SS#, bank account #, or any other private number by e-mail, ever. And all that junk mail from the bank, open it and shred it first.
__________________
(Formerly)
FireRanger
2003 Edge 4.0 4wd

How to: Aux light wiring, relays, & fuses
Info: 300+ intake threads here on FRF
Info: HID Projectors
How To: NO HEAT Troubleshooting Guide
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-04-2010, 05:24 AM
jaywmu08 jaywmu08 is offline
CRABGRASS!
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 84
Default Re: someone stole my info..

That happened to me a few months ago. my bank was great about the whole thing. They noticed the suspicious activity on my account and automatically froze everything. it sucked for me when at a bar with friends one night my card didn't work, but after i called them and they explained everything i was glad they did. I got all my money back and fee's reversed within a week. they did say that if the fraud was done by debit and credit i could have been screwed. So if you your card has both options always go credit.
__________________
2005 fx4 level 2
Rhino'd Westin Brush Guard w/ Daylighters
Line x'd Bed
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-04-2010, 07:28 AM
wangbungal wangbungal is offline
Ford Ranger 1997 3.0 V6
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 239
Default Re: someone stole my info..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger Sport View Post
Did they tell you who re-activated your account?

Can't be done over the phone, you need to identify yourself at the bank and the cashier needs an override code from at least a supervisor for a flagged account. I'd take this issue up with the branch manager right away.

-How did they get your pin number? A regular cashier doesn't have that info.
-How did they change your credentials? They'd need a lot of personal information to confirm your identity.


Did you give out information to an email that said you had won a prize?

Something doesn't add up.

to be honest I dont know, i have norton, whenever i open a site thats phising information, it always notify me, the only thing i could think of is my bank statements, i dont shred them, i only rip them by hand,but the pin number and how they reopen my bank account i dont know,
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-04-2010, 10:01 AM
smakes smakes is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,005
Default Re: someone stole my info..

stop downloading porn
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 09-04-2010, 10:07 AM
DisturbedESV DisturbedESV is offline
Original Grab-Her
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,430
Send a message via AIM to DisturbedESV
Default Re: someone stole my info..

That sucks man...
__________________
2008 XLT 4x4 - GRABBER ORANGE - 4.0 V6 - 5 spd
PNW CREW
Quote:
Originally Posted by camodown View Post
that's it, marie is pissed. game over
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-04-2010, 10:50 AM
mickblock mickblock is offline
Get off my lawn
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,059
Default Re: someone stole my info..

You gotta go through the process. Of course they have to investigate.
But that's why they'll find out all the ear marks of identity theft. Like the change of address, or the time, method and location of the withdrawal(s). Work with them.
__________________
08 4.0 Sport 4x4
Stock
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-04-2010, 12:26 PM
stephen stephen is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,274
Default Re: someone stole my info..

wow. they reopened the account? thats ridiculous.
__________________
2008 Sport Black 3.0 V6 2WD.
Build Thread

Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-04-2010, 07:35 PM
Ranger01 Ranger01 is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,402
Default Re: someone stole my info..

That is crazy. What bank do you have?

I have PNC and last year when i was 16 someone tried charging 3 separate charges of 550$ for some online web hosting. I tried using my card at wal-mart and it was declined so i tried at home depot and it was declined so i called the bank and they said they noticed that i have never shopped with them before and shut the card off and sent out a new one and the money was never taken out. I guess i was lucky.
__________________
2001 3.0 V6 Automatic "Police Interceptor"
4x4 Off-Road
3" Body Lift
Belltech 6400 Shackles
JBA Headers
LOKRITE Locker
COBRA disc conversion
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-04-2010, 07:51 PM
Ranger Sport Ranger Sport is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,137
Default Re: someone stole my info..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger01 View Post
That is crazy. What bank do you have?

I have PNC and last year when i was 16 someone tried charging 3 separate charges of 550$ for some online web hosting. I tried using my card at wal-mart and it was declined so i tried at home depot and it was declined so i called the bank and they said they noticed that i have never shopped with them before and shut the card off and sent out a new one and the money was never taken out. I guess i was lucky.
Last year i went to put in gas at a garage i had never gone to before, the next day i get a call from my bank; they had found out one card had been cloned there that month. They cancelled ALL debit cards who got swiped immediately and issued us brand new ones with the new secure chip.


@op: norton will never warn you about giving out information freely, so if you replied to an email, no matter how serious it looked, if its a scam its a scam lol.

Your bank statement only tells so little, when you call a bank they usually ask you for more detailed info, plus some banks ask you for a password of letters or digits. I still think there is something fishy about re-opening a flagged account.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My daughter stole my truck... wvcat General Ford Ranger Discussion 16 06-09-2010 04:05 AM
Just some info If anyone needs tigersax Audio / Video 2 05-20-2010 08:02 AM
Can someone help me with some contact info MattFetters Off Topic 1 02-08-2010 06:52 PM
any info would be helpful lower2 4-Cylinder Tech 1 02-06-2010 07:12 PM
DKR's info dkr Introduce Yourself 10 09-30-2009 06:52 AM