Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #61  
Old 06-25-2010, 09:34 PM
Coleosis Coleosis is offline
The Sickest
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 451
Default Re: Radar Gun and GPS question

lol my buddy got pulled over last night by a hi-po and the cop said his brake light was out...He came over this morning for me to change it because he is an idiot...All of his lights worked fine. Sometimes they do just look for reasons to pull you over, and if they cant find one, they'll make one up. I thought it was funny that it happened when people are talking about cops lying. Wasnt speeding, but he said the cop was behind him long enough to run his plates, and he did have a DUI a while back...So the cop was probably just checking up.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 06-25-2010, 09:44 PM
smakes smakes is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,005
Default Re: Radar Gun and GPS question

Quote:
Originally Posted by jutautodesign View Post
Dang... sorry to hear about the ticket, I got one last night for not knowing my lights weren't on in the middle of a well-lit city. -.-
not sure how you didnt know your lights werent on, as your gauges light up when you turn your lights on, and if my gauges arent on at night, i know somethings up lol
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 06-25-2010, 10:05 PM
Ranger_EDGE Ranger_EDGE is offline
SVT
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,522
Default Re: Radar Gun and GPS question

Quote:
Originally Posted by smakes View Post
not sure how you didnt know your lights werent on, as your gauges light up when you turn your lights on, and if my gauges arent on at night, i know somethings up lol
lol i've done this with running only my fogs on after work. got home and realized wait my lights are not as bright as always then turn the switch one more to the right then bam headlights lol lucky i didn't get pulled over
__________________
-1995 ford ranger prerunner, 4.0, 4x4, 5-speed, 62k original miles, 2.5 radflo bypass front and 2.5 radflo triple bypass rear, deavers f23, 4.56 gears front and back, 07 seats, 07 mirrors, 35x12.50 bfg a/t, 4" fiberwerk glass front and rear, eagle alloy rims, 6k hid heads, two 8k hid off road lights, 34" led light bar, bed/roll cage/engine cage, 25 gallon fuel cell, cut and extended beams/radius arms
-2000 ford SVT f150 lightning -SOLD Lifted 2001 Ford Ranger EDGE, April's 2012 TOTM
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 06-25-2010, 10:12 PM
smakes smakes is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,005
Default Re: Radar Gun and GPS question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coleosis View Post
lol my buddy got pulled over last night by a hi-po and the cop said his brake light was out...He came over this morning for me to change it because he is an idiot...All of his lights worked fine. Sometimes they do just look for reasons to pull you over, and if they cant find one, they'll make one up. I thought it was funny that it happened when people are talking about cops lying. Wasnt speeding, but he said the cop was behind him long enough to run his plates, and he did have a DUI a while back...So the cop was probably just checking up.
i got pulled over in my boyscout uniform one night and before the cop even asked me for my license/reg/insurance, he said he could smell alcohol. i was like that would be impossible, and hes lying. cop didnt like being called a liar, and called for backup, then searched my truck, and didnt find a fucking thing. prick wouldnt even appologize for wasting 20 minutes of my time , or give me a reason for why he pulled me over.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 06-25-2010, 10:19 PM
Coleosis Coleosis is offline
The Sickest
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 451
Default Re: Radar Gun and GPS question

Quote:
Originally Posted by smakes View Post
i got pulled over in my boyscout uniform one night and before the cop even asked me for my license/reg/insurance, he said he could smell alcohol. i was like that would be impossible, and hes lying. cop didnt like being called a liar, and called for backup, then searched my truck, and didnt find a fucking thing. prick wouldnt even appologize for wasting 20 minutes of my time , or give me a reason for why he pulled me over.



Yeah, I bet it made him feel big and bad...until karma caught up to him and his wife had a little mexican baby with juan the pool boy.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 06-25-2010, 10:23 PM
trcothorn trcothorn is offline
Ford Tough
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 238
Default Re: Radar Gun and GPS question

Quote:
Originally Posted by smakes View Post
i got pulled over in my boyscout uniform one night and before the cop even asked me for my license/reg/insurance, he said he could smell alcohol. i was like that would be impossible, and hes lying. cop didnt like being called a liar, and called for backup, then searched my truck, and didnt find a fucking thing. prick wouldnt even appologize for wasting 20 minutes of my time , or give me a reason for why he pulled me over.
the same crap happened to me, cop said i looked like ive been drinking, i havent drunk a drop of alcohol. 2 more cops pulled up and i was asked to do a field sobriety test. passed, and then blew into a breathalyzer. i asked the cop why he thought i was drinking and he said almost every kid who drives around this area at 2 am would be pulled over and suspected of drinking, why else would you be leaving the university at 2 am. it was the campus police from UNCG all i was doing was visiting my gf.
__________________
2004 ford ranger 2.3 2wd. flowmaster 40. sony xplode head unit. 30x9.50x15 turbostar ATs. stock jeep wrangler wheels, painted black. ebay taillights. few more cosmetic upgrades
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 06-25-2010, 10:37 PM
smakes smakes is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,005
Default Re: Radar Gun and GPS question

hence why i say

FTP!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 06-25-2010, 10:54 PM
trcothorn trcothorn is offline
Ford Tough
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 238
Default Re: Radar Gun and GPS question

Quote:
Originally Posted by smakes View Post
hence why i say

FTP!!!!!!!!
haha yea i used to say that too but im actually taking my Basic Law Enforcement Training this year and hopefully be hired to a sheriffs dept within another year
__________________
2004 ford ranger 2.3 2wd. flowmaster 40. sony xplode head unit. 30x9.50x15 turbostar ATs. stock jeep wrangler wheels, painted black. ebay taillights. few more cosmetic upgrades
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 06-25-2010, 10:56 PM
smakes smakes is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,005
Default Re: Radar Gun and GPS question

F-trcothorn





in a year
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 06-26-2010, 03:51 PM
Vrod21 Vrod21 is offline
Ford Tough
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 325
Default Re: Radar Gun and GPS question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coleosis View Post
But you can swivle the laptop around so it is viewable from the backseat...but Im not getting in this arguement...Its a lost cause, no matter which side I would be on.
Usually the speed shows up on the back of the gun, or if it is moving radar it shows up on a small read out mounted to the dash. I have never see one integrated in to windows software for a laptop....but I get your point. When ever I'm asked to show someone their speed, I do.....but then their argument turns into....Are you sure it was me? Does that thing take pictures of the car?



Quote:
Originally Posted by Coleosis View Post
lol my buddy got pulled over last night by a hi-po and the cop said his brake light was out...He came over this morning for me to change it because he is an idiot...All of his lights worked fine. Sometimes they do just look for reasons to pull you over, and if they cant find one, they'll make one up. I thought it was funny that it happened when people are talking about cops lying. Wasnt speeding, but he said the cop was behind him long enough to run his plates, and he did have a DUI a while back...So the cop was probably just checking up.

Interesting story...but if the cop was going to lie, it would make more sense to lie about the abstract (speed, weaving, failing to signal) and not something concrete (brake light, cracked windshield)? I thought you weren't getting in the argument?




Quote:
Originally Posted by Coleosis View Post
Yeah, I bet it made him feel big and bad...until karma caught up to him and his wife had a little mexican baby with juan the pool boy.
Guess you got in the argument. I know traffic tickets suck....but how does it become personal with the cop. As if, they did this to you on purpose. Did you ever think it's their job? Everyone makes mistakes and when they get caught the human psyche goes in one of three directions.

Mature people:
-Accept their mistake/punishment and adjust their driving behavior accordingly.

Immature people
-Know they made a mistake but believe other people made bigger mistakes. (Drug dealers, rapists, murders). Tell the cop how to do their job. That they should be out catching the aforementioned criminals. These people turn the encounter into a personal attack and belittle the officer.

-Decide they did noting wrong, it was the man (cop) out to get them. Believe the cop lied/cheated to write the ticket. These people take it personally, turn around and degrade the officer to make themselves feel better, never fully excepting their mistake.




Just my .02
__________________
(SOLD) 2003 Ranger 4.0L V6 FX4
2001 F150 Supercrew Triton V8 (DD)
2008 Fusion 3.0L SEL V6 (my baby)
1992 Taurus SHO MTX (my toy-almost Supercharged)
2004 Nissan Murano SL AWD (Wife's car)
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 06-26-2010, 03:59 PM
FireRanger FireRanger is offline
Blinded by the light
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 7,674
Send a message via AIM to FireRanger
Default Re: Radar Gun and GPS question

Quote:
Originally Posted by smakes View Post
i got pulled over in my boyscout uniform one night...
Coming up next on Law & Order: Special Victims Unit....
__________________
(Formerly)
FireRanger
2003 Edge 4.0 4wd

How to: Aux light wiring, relays, & fuses
Info: 300+ intake threads here on FRF
Info: HID Projectors
How To: NO HEAT Troubleshooting Guide
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 06-26-2010, 06:54 PM
Johnbaum13 Johnbaum13 is offline
<-----Buzz Killington
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,232
Send a message via Yahoo to Johnbaum13
Default Re: Radar Gun and GPS question

Lol.

One time I got pulled over for B.S. Was driving in a line of 6 or more cars, close to the middle of the pack, on a 2 lane country highway. Sheriff passed going the opposite way, pulled a u-turn, and picked me out of the line. Told me to get out of the car before explaining himself, searched me, my vehicle, had me empty my pockets on the hood of his car, threw all the stuff in my glove box all over the car, and then threatened to take me to jail for a prescription in my truck that belonged to my wife. Said it was a controlled substance and I was in illegal possession. Finally lets me go, after giving me a field sobriety test, and tells me he pulled me over because my license plate light was out.

1. My license plate light worked just fine.
2. No way he could have seen that it was out as he passed me going the opposite direction, and with another cars lights shining on it.


So, I say, yeah, sometimes they pull you over and make your life difficult just for the hell of it. Some cops are dicks. Not all, just some. I've been let off by nice cops for stuff I should have been ticketed for, maybe even arrested for sometimes, more often than I have been singled out by a dick. But you know which ones you remember most.
__________________
I got my Jesus on the dashboard, but the Devil's under my hood!
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 06-26-2010, 10:21 PM
Coleosis Coleosis is offline
The Sickest
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 451
Default Re: Radar Gun and GPS question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrod21 View Post
Usually the speed shows up on the back of the gun, or if it is moving radar it shows up on a small read out mounted to the dash. I have never see one integrated in to windows software for a laptop....but I get your point. When ever I'm asked to show someone their speed, I do.....but then their argument turns into....Are you sure it was me? Does that thing take pictures of the car?


Interesting story...but if the cop was going to lie, it would make more sense to lie about the abstract (speed, weaving, failing to signal) and not something concrete (brake light, cracked windshield)? I thought you weren't getting in the argument?


Guess you got in the argument. I know traffic tickets suck....but how does it become personal with the cop. As if, they did this to you on purpose. Did you ever think it's their job? Everyone makes mistakes and when they get caught the human psyche goes in one of three directions.

Mature people:
-Accept their mistake/punishment and adjust their driving behavior accordingly.

Immature people
-Know they made a mistake but believe other people made bigger mistakes. (Drug dealers, rapists, murders). Tell the cop how to do their job. That they should be out catching the aforementioned criminals. These people turn the encounter into a personal attack and belittle the officer.

-Decide they did noting wrong, it was the man (cop) out to get them. Believe the cop lied/cheated to write the ticket. These people take it personally, turn around and degrade the officer to make themselves feel better, never fully excepting their mistake.




Just my .02
First of all, I wasnt getting into an arguement about speeding. I was talking about a cop pulling my buddy over for a brake light and the next morning he came to me to change it and there was nothing wrong. Then I was responding to smakes about the cop that dicked with him...

Cops are people, there a mature cops, and immature cops, there are honest cops, and dishonest cops, just like there is honest and dishonest people.

My buddy didnt even get a ticket for his brake light... So he didnt have any reason to say "the mans just out to get me" If you think the cop is right and honest 100% of the time, then you are not the brightest crayon.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 06-27-2010, 04:00 AM
Ranger Sport Ranger Sport is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,137
Default Re: Radar Gun and GPS question

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireRanger View Post
Most states do not require showing you the radar or laser nor do they require you to retain the reading until leaving. And no, 9 times out of 10 they are not lying to you. The only people who think that are the people who have a speeding problem.
Years ago, i might have believed that.

Unfortunately, it has being revealed in my province that cops have quotas that are increasing yearly. So yes, some lie to issue undeserved tickets. Places where there are no accidents, but known for people going over the limit (even slightly) get camped, while problem areas with multiple deaths are left alone because they do not generate enough revenues.

There was a video or two on youtube about montreal police issuing fake tickets to random "speeding" cars that were following traffic, if those were speeders, then the whole lot should have been stopped.. Cops lie to keep their quotas up and keep their job, no matter how many motorists end up winning in court later on.

As for the radar/laser, only liscenced employees are allowed to use them, and they are supposed to be calibrated before each use to "insure accuracy". Here, you have the right to be shown evidence.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 06-27-2010, 04:20 AM
FireRanger FireRanger is offline
Blinded by the light
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 7,674
Send a message via AIM to FireRanger
Default Re: Radar Gun and GPS question

Well if someone made a youtube video, it must be true! I guess that settles it then.
__________________
(Formerly)
FireRanger
2003 Edge 4.0 4wd

How to: Aux light wiring, relays, & fuses
Info: 300+ intake threads here on FRF
Info: HID Projectors
How To: NO HEAT Troubleshooting Guide
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Paint gun recommendations DangerRanger01 Fabrication and Tool Tech 6 09-17-2010 06:47 PM
Gun Storage normandg General Ford Ranger Discussion 12 05-20-2010 09:34 PM
I support the second amendment. (gun pics) 01_ranger_4x4 Off Topic 16 04-23-2010 03:46 AM
Radar detectors??? 878ranger878 Off Topic 5 03-13-2010 09:13 AM
laptop gps? surfer03133 Music/Movies/Computers/etc. 6 08-24-2009 07:22 AM