Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #361  
Old 09-24-2010, 11:31 PM
Radarmy088 Radarmy088 is offline
Ford Ranger Owner
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 69
Default Re: forum wars

My Colorado is slammed from the pics you can see. Throwing sparks at night. Static, I will never bag it. I want a huge lifted truck. I'm a big guy so I want a huge truck. My Colorado I did all the work myself. I'm also a certified mechanic. I did all the work myself excluding paint. I admire stuff that you don't really see around too much. As for the lift I believe people just don't go that high cause the inconvenience and it's $$$$$. Shoped around for 49.5" tires I'm looking at over 2K.....lolololol I want it....
__________________
08 Chevy Colorado 3.7L
too many mods
Reply With Quote
  #362  
Old 09-24-2010, 11:36 PM
Coleosis Coleosis is offline
The Sickest
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 451
Default Re: forum wars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radarmy088 View Post
My Colorado is slammed from the pics you can see. Throwing sparks at night. Static, I will never bag it. I want a huge lifted truck. I'm a big guy so I want a huge truck. My Colorado I did all the work myself. I'm also a certified mechanic. I did all the work myself excluding paint. I admire stuff that you don't really see around too much. As for the lift I believe people just don't go that high cause the inconvenience and it's $$$$$. Shoped around for 49.5" tires I'm looking at over 2K.....lolololol I want it....
I like more function...2k is a good start on a turbo or supercharger...2k is a lot of things better than 49in tires just to say you have 49 in tires...When you're getting gallons to the mile instead of visa versa, I just dont see it worth it. Good for you if you do it, Be sure to post the vid of you rolling it....entertainment at the expense of others is the best kind.
Reply With Quote
  #363  
Old 09-25-2010, 12:00 AM
Ranger Sport Ranger Sport is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,137
Default Re: forum wars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coleosis View Post
I like more function...2k is a good start on a turbo or supercharger...2k is a lot of things better than 49in tires just to say you have 49 in tires...When you're getting gallons to the mile instead of visa versa, I just dont see it worth it. Good for you if you do it, Be sure to post the vid of you rolling it....entertainment at the expense of others is the best kind.
That's because you never go full retard.. NEVER!!

Reply With Quote
  #364  
Old 09-25-2010, 01:57 AM
Radarmy088 Radarmy088 is offline
Ford Ranger Owner
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 69
Default Re: forum wars

Well my truck gets 18-22mpg depending on how I drive and I have a company car and gas that stays with me 24-7 so gas mileage I don't care about. I take turns at 70+ in my lowered rado. I know I will not be doing that in a lifted truck. My pops has a 06 silvy crew dually with a 6" lift and 35's so driving lifted trucks is nothing new me

Eventually I will swap out my 5cyl for a 6.0 so just bolt ons for now engine wise.
__________________
08 Chevy Colorado 3.7L
too many mods

Last edited by Radarmy088; 09-25-2010 at 02:06 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #365  
Old 09-25-2010, 02:13 AM
Coleosis Coleosis is offline
The Sickest
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 451
Default Re: forum wars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radarmy088 View Post
I take turns at 70+ in my lowered rado. .
vids or it didnt happen...Ive gone around curves (not turns) in a vibe at 70+mph and could feel it wanting to get squirly...I call bullshit on you taking turns at 70mph+


What happens if you lose your job? Then no more gas card...Its just not practical...A chevelle with 30inch rims is more capable than a monstertruck in life outside of monstertruck shows/competitions....Unless you plan on competing with it...It is absolutely useless...When you cant make it to walmart and back without running out of gas, its fucking retarded.
Reply With Quote
  #366  
Old 09-25-2010, 02:50 AM
Radarmy088 Radarmy088 is offline
Ford Ranger Owner
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 69
Default Re: forum wars

I have some vides I'll post for you guys soon. The turns I should say are freeway on ramps or interchanges to be specific. My job isn't going anywhere and I'm too important to the company for them to get rid of me. Not to put myself on a petastool but I play a huge roll for my company.

Like I said I don't worry about gas $$$ or mpg or maintenance. I just want a big fucking truck...lol that I put together and when it's done I can look back and enjoy the time, effort, $$$ I put into it. Just like how we all spend thousands of dollars on our cars and trucks.
__________________
08 Chevy Colorado 3.7L
too many mods
Reply With Quote
  #367  
Old 09-25-2010, 03:03 AM
Coleosis Coleosis is offline
The Sickest
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 451
Default Re: forum wars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radarmy088 View Post
I have some vides I'll post for you guys soon. The turns I should say are freeway on ramps or interchanges to be specific. My job isn't going anywhere and I'm too important to the company for them to get rid of me. Not to put myself on a petastool but I play a huge roll for my company.

Like I said I don't worry about gas $$$ or mpg or maintenance. I just want a big fucking truck...lol that I put together and when it's done I can look back and enjoy the time, effort, $$$ I put into it. Just like how we all spend thousands of dollars on our cars and trucks.
The difference is...If I need to get outta town, I can do it in my truck...you wouldnt make it in a monster truck...but whatever, now we're just repeating ourselves...And you never know, your company could flop...look at blockbuster...they are filing for bancruptcy...once the biggest (probably) video rental place in the country.

A monster truck is just where I draw the line in useless shit...Id much rather put $40-$60k in a house than a vehicle I cant even drive everyday if I wanted to.

And an on/offramp aint a turn...thats a curve and pretty simple to get up to 70+mph on...Shit, the one I get on everymorning omw home from work is a big circle and the offramp otw to work is an S curve...You can go 70 on that easy until the final curve of the S...that one is like a 90 degree turn. Still feel free to post the vids.
Reply With Quote
  #368  
Old 09-25-2010, 03:11 AM
Radarmy088 Radarmy088 is offline
Ford Ranger Owner
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 69
Default Re: forum wars

I have my Colorado, company car, and I'm wAnting a f350. So it's not my only means of transportation. These turns are 90 degree turns but in our trucks I have the suspension set up real nice. But hey to everyone if it's one thing I enjoy is just simple conversation like this. We all have a preference, I see cars/trucks like women, ford, chevy, dodge, lifted, bagged, lowered....one guy can like fake tits, one likes fat, skinny, blonde, young, old the list goes on not everyone gf or wife is beautiful in everyones eyes but most importantly is what you see with your own eyes. Not trying to go back and forth on this lifted truck but just so you guys can see why I want such an extreme lift.
__________________
08 Chevy Colorado 3.7L
too many mods
Reply With Quote
  #369  
Old 09-25-2010, 03:11 AM
canadiangurl canadiangurl is offline
You can't fix stupid
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 175
Default Re: forum wars

I've never really understood the Chevy vs Ford vs whatever arguments. A truck is a truck, it gets you from A to B, and does what it needs to do in between. Its really all personal preference.

Anyways, the past few posts remind me of a funny/sad story about a lifted truck. Every year down around Kelowna there is a huge mud bogging weekend. People bring their trucks, quads and camp and party. I think it was 2 years ago now, some guy brought in his insanely lifted truck. I think it might have been a F250 or F350, crew cab long box, and probably about 26" of lift. Show truck only, he even said. Gorgeous truck (haha I know, only a girl would call a truck gorgeous!!). Roads weren't bad getting in there, well maintained logging roads really. Quite a few cars, motorhomes made it in no problem. Buddy rolled his truck on the way out, combination of too much lift and probably didn't know how to drive it. Totalled it. Didn't get any pictures of it but here's one to give you guys an idea of the atmosphere.




Sorry about getting off topic!!
__________________
2008 XLT 4.0 auto ext cab 4x4
Levelled, 265/75/16 ProComp Xtreme AT on ProComp wheels, dual exhaust, more to come
Reply With Quote
  #370  
Old 09-25-2010, 03:15 AM
Radarmy088 Radarmy088 is offline
Ford Ranger Owner
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 69
Default Re: forum wars

I don't think I'll take it off roading the wheelbase is really long. I have a 61 vw Baja for a reason...hehehe
__________________
08 Chevy Colorado 3.7L
too many mods
Reply With Quote
  #371  
Old 09-25-2010, 03:17 AM
canadiangurl canadiangurl is offline
You can't fix stupid
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 175
Default Re: forum wars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radarmy088 View Post
I don't think I'll take it off roading the wheelbase is really long. I have a 61 vw Baja for a reason...hehehe
Haha good plan, we all thought he was a bit of an idiot bringing it off paved roads. He would freak out a little anytime it got a little mud splatter on it too. Quite amusing really...
__________________
2008 XLT 4.0 auto ext cab 4x4
Levelled, 265/75/16 ProComp Xtreme AT on ProComp wheels, dual exhaust, more to come
Reply With Quote
  #372  
Old 09-25-2010, 03:19 AM
Coleosis Coleosis is offline
The Sickest
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 451
Default Re: forum wars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radarmy088 View Post
I have my Colorado, company car, and I'm wAnting a f350. So it's not my only means of transportation. These turns are 90 degree turns but in our trucks I have the suspension set up real nice. But hey to everyone if it's one thing I enjoy is just simple conversation like this. We all have a preference, I see cars/trucks like women, ford, chevy, dodge, lifted, bagged, lowered....one guy can like fake tits, one likes fat, skinny, blonde, young, old the list goes on not everyone gf or wife is beautiful in everyones eyes but most importantly is what you see with your own eyes. Not trying to go back and forth on this lifted truck but just so you guys can see why I want such an extreme lift.
Ok, if you are saying 90 degree turns at 70+mph, I am calling bullshit again. You can have $100,000 in your suspension and it wont alter the laws of physics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiangurl View Post
I've never really understood the Chevy vs Ford vs whatever arguments. A truck is a truck, it gets you from A to B, and does what it needs to do in between. Its really all personal preference.

Sorry about getting off topic!!
Nah, Its just an excuse to get childish and possibly fight (if IRL)...Guys love reasons to scuffle and feel like men...Too much pansy shit in day to day life...You cant punch your coworker in the face for eating your sammich out the fridge...but some hill billy in a chevy pulls up talkin shit...Give him a few words of your own, and have a little fun.
Reply With Quote
  #373  
Old 09-25-2010, 03:22 AM
Radarmy088 Radarmy088 is offline
Ford Ranger Owner
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 69
Default Re: forum wars

Im not one for custom paint or a lot of chrome if anything I'll powdercoat the suspension since it's so exposed but it's just for when I don't feel like thrown sparks in my Colorado or I just wanna be high....lol no I don't smoke...lol perhaps I'll take it to a car show or not. I want it just for myself. I don't even want steps for it...lol

My videos are on another computer I'll post them tomorrow.
__________________
08 Chevy Colorado 3.7L
too many mods
Reply With Quote
  #374  
Old 09-25-2010, 03:23 AM
Ranger Sport Ranger Sport is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,137
Default Re: forum wars

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiangurl View Post
A truck is a truck, it gets you from A to B
With Toyotas, it takes you from A to Z, Z being the wall you can't stop from hitting once you run out of road that is.
Reply With Quote
  #375  
Old 09-25-2010, 03:25 AM
Radarmy088 Radarmy088 is offline
Ford Ranger Owner
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 69
Default Re: forum wars

Lol^^^^^^^^^
__________________
08 Chevy Colorado 3.7L
too many mods
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
new to forum monkeytoes Introduce Yourself 6 02-21-2010 01:55 AM
New to forum Sirthrashalot Introduce Yourself 11 01-03-2010 03:41 PM
new to this forum PowerRanger Introduce Yourself 11 12-24-2009 01:15 PM
New To this forum, tmatkins2 Introduce Yourself 18 09-24-2009 02:55 PM