Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #1  
Old 05-09-2010, 01:34 PM
js250 js250 is offline
Ford Tough
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 318
Default what you guys think about this

well guys i have been wanting one for awail and this is right up my price range just something for me and the gf to go out on some weekends i think we will be fine for it being a 250 it will be my first bike and we anit but 300 houndred pounds together so let me know good or bad before i go to get one this week or next

http://www.kawasaki.com/Products/pro...ns.aspx?id=359
__________________
1999 2 wd4 cyl2.5l5 spd135k
MODS:5% tint all around Night Shades (Extra Dark)Corners Thrid BrakeTails Air silence removed 2006 Mirrors Flowmaster Super 44 (Weld on & Turn down)
35W 5000K Hids
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-09-2010, 03:26 PM
Nosetackle63 Nosetackle63 is offline
OLY LOWLIFE
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 54
Default Re: what you guys think about this

You would have to uprgade the rear shock, and stiffen the forks. And It will pull 2 people, but not very fast. Get the 500, it is WELL worth it.
__________________
"My truck is lowered, so fat chicks can't get in"
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-09-2010, 03:44 PM
TurdFX4 TurdFX4 is offline
Sept. 2011 TOTM
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,771
Default Re: what you guys think about this

I'd go for something bigger than a 250, but if its in your price range, go for it. It's probably a good beginner bike
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-09-2010, 05:36 PM
trcothorn trcothorn is offline
Ford Tough
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 238
Default Re: what you guys think about this

just as long as you are not planning to go fast i think it might go 70 with just 1 person good beginner bike though
__________________
2004 ford ranger 2.3 2wd. flowmaster 40. sony xplode head unit. 30x9.50x15 turbostar ATs. stock jeep wrangler wheels, painted black. ebay taillights. few more cosmetic upgrades
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-09-2010, 06:08 PM
West West is offline
Ford Tough
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 288
Default Re: what you guys think about this

I would probably spring for a 500. A buddy of mine had a 03 Ninja 250 and he's only 140-150 lbs. He couldn't even really get the front wheel of the ground more than a foot at the best. I really don't think that it could carry two people comfortably or safely. Forget about passing anybody with a little 250 with 2 people.
__________________
1996 Ford Ranger STX 4x4 4.0L
1983 Honda Shadow VT750C
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-09-2010, 06:11 PM
Ranger Sport Ranger Sport is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,137
Default Re: what you guys think about this

Its a good bike, and you don't really need a bigger engine unless you plan to drag it, then, i'd suggest zx1400 with nos.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-09-2010, 07:45 PM
ObsoleteE ObsoleteE is offline
I'm an F-18, bro
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,972
Send a message via AIM to ObsoleteE
Default Re: what you guys think about this

If you want a street bike, and have any fun at all, you NEED to go bigger than 250cc. My buddy has a Kawasaki KLR 250 Enduro and it struggles to go 70.
__________________
1999 B2500 5 Speed
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-09-2010, 08:05 PM
Ranger Sport Ranger Sport is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,137
Default Re: what you guys think about this

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsoleteE View Post
If you want a street bike, and have any fun at all, you NEED to go bigger than 250cc. My buddy has a Kawasaki KLR 250 Enduro and it struggles to go 70.
Oh i don't know about that.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sN6FGVDIZZU&feature=related[/YT]

Quick enough to kill himself imo
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-09-2010, 08:11 PM
ObsoleteE ObsoleteE is offline
I'm an F-18, bro
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,972
Send a message via AIM to ObsoleteE
Default Re: what you guys think about this

^^^^^ I know that I have ridden his bike numerous times, and street bikes, and it has NO soul at all as a street bike. Its great for a dirt bike, but for a street bike 250cc is shit.

That's only 105 mph, not a big deal for a street bike. I was referring to an enduro.
__________________
1999 B2500 5 Speed

Last edited by ObsoleteE; 05-09-2010 at 08:15 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-09-2010, 08:41 PM
Ranger Sport Ranger Sport is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,137
Default Re: what you guys think about this

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsoleteE View Post
^^^^^ I know that I have ridden his bike numerous times, and street bikes, and it has NO soul at all as a street bike. Its great for a dirt bike, but for a street bike 250cc is shit.

That's only 105 mph, not a big deal for a street bike. I was referring to an enduro.
Well i took into account two things; the first one was that you said he needed to get a bigger engine because a 250 wasn't enough, and then you spoke of barely pushing 70. This one rockets up to 105, which is 40 more than the max limit, more than enough wouldn't you say?

Of course, if fun means certain death, i'd go to a modified zx14 .
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 05-09-2010, 11:41 PM
Nosetackle63 Nosetackle63 is offline
OLY LOWLIFE
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 54
Default Re: what you guys think about this

If you have NEVER ridden before, and dont plan to go very far, get the 250. But, if you want to keep the bike for a while, get the 500 or the 650. Either way, you just need to have some self control with your right hand.
__________________
"My truck is lowered, so fat chicks can't get in"
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-09-2010, 11:48 PM
Ranger Sport Ranger Sport is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,137
Default Re: what you guys think about this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosetackle63 View Post
If you have NEVER ridden before, and dont plan to go very far, get the 250. But, if you want to keep the bike for a while, get the 500 or the 650. Either way, you just need to have some self control with your right hand.
Not to sound too argumentative (i guess its too late for that huh...lol), but why do you guys keep pushing bigger bikes on him? It's like someone asking if a mustang is good enough for an occasional drive, and you guys tell him he has to buy zonda.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-10-2010, 12:34 AM
Nosetackle63 Nosetackle63 is offline
OLY LOWLIFE
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 54
Default Re: what you guys think about this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger Sport View Post
Not to sound too argumentative (i guess its too late for that huh...lol), but why do you guys keep pushing bigger bikes on him? It's like someone asking if a mustang is good enough for an occasional drive, and you guys tell him he has to buy zonda.
Because the Ninja 250 is more compareable to a Ford Festiva, whereas the bigger bikes will be the Nissan GT-R's. They can be good to learn on, but will ALWAYS have the power when needed. Simply put, it is NOT safe to ride 2 up on a 250. The power will lag enough to where he might not be able to avoid an accident. The 250 is for 14yr olds riding around their neighborhood, or girls. Us being Men, we will always want to go bigger and badder. The aftermarket lineup for the 250 is limited, and the market for the 650 is expanding somewhere around the speed of light. Its just a better choice to get a bigger bike. Im not saying to go out and drop $20,000 on a ZX14 with a wet shot ect ect, but just think ahead.
__________________
"My truck is lowered, so fat chicks can't get in"
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-10-2010, 12:49 AM
Ranger Sport Ranger Sport is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,137
Default Re: what you guys think about this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosetackle63 View Post
Because the Ninja 250 is more compareable to a Ford Festiva, whereas the bigger bikes will be the Nissan GT-R's. They can be good to learn on, but will ALWAYS have the power when needed. Simply put, it is NOT safe to ride 2 up on a 250. The power will lag enough to where he might not be able to avoid an accident. The 250 is for 14yr olds riding around their neighborhood, or girls. Us being Men, we will always want to go bigger and badder. The aftermarket lineup for the 250 is limited, and the market for the 650 is expanding somewhere around the speed of light. Its just a better choice to get a bigger bike. Im not saying to go out and drop $20,000 on a ZX14 with a wet shot ect ect, but just think ahead.
By your argument, only girls should be driving rangers, and we should all be in at least F250s. I don't mean to insult you in any way, it's just that bigger doesn't always mean better. The only argument for the 500+ bikes in here so far is that they have more hps, which is great on a racetrack, but mean nothing in everyday riding. Btw the author of the video i posted states that the bike can hold two with no problem.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-10-2010, 03:11 AM
Coleosis Coleosis is offline
The Sickest
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 451
Default Re: what you guys think about this

Doesnt matter what kind of bike you get. You're going to fall eventually. If you're ready to take that chance...Then get whatever bike you are most comfortable on. I wouldnt get on anything with 2 wheels that goes over 45mph, but if thats what you want to do, Have fun.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What do you guys think? beef08 Wheels and Tires 23 04-05-2010 10:10 PM
what's up guys! Ranger343 Introduce Yourself 7 03-15-2010 09:17 AM
hello guys thunderbolt984 General Ford Ranger Discussion 5 03-03-2010 09:02 AM
guys i need your help mb128 Off Topic 24 02-09-2010 10:34 PM
Sup guys! one1 Introduce Yourself 10 01-13-2010 05:18 PM