Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #1  
Old 05-24-2009, 04:42 PM
RangerGirl RangerGirl is offline
Ford Ranger Owner
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 57
Send a message via AIM to RangerGirl
Default Just because I'm a girl who likes trucks...

If I talk to a guy on a forum about truck stuff, does that mean I'm trying to steal him away from his other half? A guy on here sent me a private message and he has a cool truck so I don't mind talking to him. The last reply I got had no message, but the title was "re: he has a girlfriend". lol really now. I'm married so it doesn't matter to me at all that he has a girlfriend. Am I allowed to talk to someone of the opposite sex without having accusations? Good grief. I grew up with a bunch of guys and my brother is a car freak. My husband used to drag race and work on race cars. I have no choice but to be a gearhead too.

So I'm sorry if I am starting trouble! For those of us who are more mature than that, and actually trust our other halves, thanks for the help so far and I'll be happy to share anything I can to help everyone else.

Thank you for listening to my rant... that is all
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-24-2009, 05:18 PM
DrivAPrerunner DrivAPrerunner is offline
Desert Vet.
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 15
Send a message via AIM to DrivAPrerunner
Default

Welcome to the site and it's good to see a different demographic on these kinds of forums.

Most women will feel threatened by another female's interest in their better half's hobbies because they aren't as involved as they should be in that hobby themselves. Don't worry about it too much, the other half will just have to learn to trust her partner and get over the jealousy bit. My fiance has no qualms about me hanging out with girls, it's just a trust thing that they'll have to deal with. Hell, my major is about %15 men and the rest women, haha. Do what you do and don't worry about it! It's your hobby too, you shouldn't have to be punished for it.
__________________
In the beginning of change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for it then costs nothing to be a patriot.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-24-2009, 06:04 PM
RangerGirl RangerGirl is offline
Ford Ranger Owner
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 57
Send a message via AIM to RangerGirl
Default

Thank you. I will be happy to give you my opinion any day lol. That is a good perspective as well. Maybe they should hang out and work on trucks too then there wouldn't be a problem. Before I met my husband, I don't think he had any guy friends. Everyone thought he just had all these ladies he dated and slept with, but the truth was, they were just his friends. I know its a concept few can understand. Anyway, thanks for encouragement.

PS I really like your quote. So true.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-24-2009, 07:23 PM
Old-skool1972 Old-skool1972 is offline
Ford Truck Driver
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 75
Default

Its COOL in my opinion that there are women on here thats into trucks other than my wife at home that i can talk to about things on my truck and how things look on it ! Keep gear'en girl ! ! ! ! !
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-24-2009, 07:23 PM
RangerGirl RangerGirl is offline
Ford Ranger Owner
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 57
Send a message via AIM to RangerGirl
Default

Thank you
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-24-2009, 09:32 PM
4evermodding 4evermodding is offline
Modding To Continue >>>>
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,114
Default

Ranger Girl alot of this has to do with ones insecurities. As you mentioned this is a hobby you like and even if you were talking back and forth with a guy on the form about car stuff. That does'nt make you a women who is trying to steel a girls guy. To be quite honest I would hope whoever it was to take another look at their relationship ; especially if they are not married to them. Its a sign of future issues and by the way Im going to your profile right now so I can check out your hot b......rod (kidding) GOTCHA!!! Keep doing what you do Gal and forget about insecure folks. I know I dont have room for anyone like that in my life at all thats why I have the perfect Gal. She adores me. lol
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-26-2009, 06:41 AM
RangerGirl RangerGirl is offline
Ford Ranger Owner
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 57
Send a message via AIM to RangerGirl
Default

You're too funny. My profile pic/avatar is probably the only pic you'll ever see with me in it. This is a Ranger forum after all
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-26-2009, 03:52 PM
RAT Ranger RAT Ranger is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,397
Post Well................

My Wife of 30+ years is one of those women who knows more bout vehicles than most guys (a mechanic Dad that owned a FULL service gas station, a mechanically inclined brother, AND married a MOTORHEAD husband) and as long as she can jump in the car & have no problems, she's HAPPY!
PLUS, she figures if I'm in the garage tinkerin with whatever projects I'm doin, Rangers for the past few years, then at least I'm not out a the t*tty bar drinkin & gettin in trouble!

So IMO, don't worry bout it and keep on buildin!!!
__________________
ALL THROTTLE, NO BOTTLE!!!

Daily Driver: 98 Thunderbolt

TOY: Green 94 Pro Street
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-26-2009, 04:25 PM
4evermodding 4evermodding is offline
Modding To Continue >>>>
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,114
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerGirl View Post
You're too funny. My profile pic/avatar is probably the only pic you'll ever see with me in it. This is a Ranger forum after all
R.GIRL u r d funny one. I was talking about your hot Ranger for crying out. now send me the link to your myspace or facebook. Nah kidding again as I always will unless I have a question for you when it comes to the Rangers.


back at ya. Oh yes I have a question where do I find the recycle switch for the ac in the engine compartment. you have 10 sec to answer. hahaha...............
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-27-2009, 06:13 AM
RangerGirl RangerGirl is offline
Ford Ranger Owner
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 57
Send a message via AIM to RangerGirl
Default

Hmmm, I'll have to ask my brother on that one. I will admit that I don't know a lot about engines and basically anything else under the hood. But I'm learning and that's what is important. I'm actually having some serious trouble with the AC so I may need to know that one day I do know where the low pressure and high pressure valves are, and that the clutch on my compressor doesn't turn anymore I don't have the money to take it anywhere so I think I may need to post a help topic!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 05-27-2009, 09:40 AM
YlwStrk2001 YlwStrk2001 is offline
*!Female Driver!*
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 38
Default

OK, woman to woman....this guy's girlfriend is definitely insecure and needs a reality check. Do you have any idea how few girls there are in truck forums/clubs? Heck, I'm the only girl and the longest member of the HRR club here. Don't pay that any mind and keep on truckin, literally. The dumbest thing in life that a person can do is cuss somone on cyberspace. I used to log into chat forums when I was 12 and pick fights with random people just to get them riled up, it was fun.

Point being....that's some grade school b.s., and if that girl finds you a threat, she has bigger issues to deal with.

I have been crusing Ranger forums since 2005 and have never been approached in such a way by a guys girlfriend on the forums or in person through the guys in the truck club here. My thing is, the guy sent you the private message....wouldn't make sense to yell at you, now would it? If she's gonna yell, go after him, and save the rest of us the trouble of getting involved or hearing about it. This is a truck forum....and the first time in 4 years I have EVER heard of this kind of thing happening. Grow up or shut up, that's what I'd say to her.
__________________
~Tiffany~

2001 V6 4.0L Ford Ranger Edge 4x4 Supercab

Silverstar headlamps/fogs~K&N Chrome intake/Filter~OHC intsall from Explorer~Jensen Flip-up DVD with Monster cable~10" Rockford Fosgate with Alpine Amp~Blue interior and Underground glow~A.R.E Hard Tonneau~Flowmaster (Super40 Series) with dual 12" Chrome tips.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-27-2009, 11:24 AM
Jilllyy Jilllyy is offline
Yellow Edge
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 34
Default

lol ... i know how you feel RangerGirl. With a bf who's into cars & races on the weekends ... it's only natural that I got into the hobby. You should see the looks I get at the track when I start talking with the guys. Don't give it a second thought. Hahah
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-27-2009, 03:01 PM
Trucker_Eric Trucker_Eric is offline
Florida Cracka
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 209
Send a message via Yahoo to Trucker_Eric
Default

hey! close to home, im in ft myers area. nice to meet ya
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-27-2009, 04:56 PM
RangerGirl RangerGirl is offline
Ford Ranger Owner
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 57
Send a message via AIM to RangerGirl
Default

Thanks girls! Nice to have some support on here. I sent a message back to the guy and told him that I would love to be his friend and talk to him on the forum, but that it was pretty apparent that his girlfriend has some serious insecurities and trust issues and I didn't want to be in a dispute with a 12 year old anymore. And I put him on my ignore list. I told him that he is going to miss out on some cool chicks who really do just want to be friends if he lets her control him. His loss.

My husband's mom always told him that he would know it was the right one when he found a girl with dirt under her fingernails and wore gasoline for perfume. He found me!


Nice to meet you too Eric!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-27-2009, 07:29 PM
4evermodding 4evermodding is offline
Modding To Continue >>>>
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,114
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YlwStrk2001 View Post
OK, woman to woman....this guy's girlfriend is definitely insecure and needs a reality check. Do you have any idea how few girls there are in truck forums/clubs? Heck, I'm the only girl and the longest member of the HRR club here. Don't pay that any mind and keep on truckin, literally. The dumbest thing in life that a person can do is cuss somone on cyberspace. I used to log into chat forums when I was 12 and pick fights with random people just to get them riled up, it was fun.

Point being....that's some grade school b.s., and if that girl finds you a threat, she has bigger issues to deal with.

I have been crusing Ranger forums since 2005 and have never been approached in such a way by a guys girlfriend on the forums or in person through the guys in the truck club here. My thing is, the guy sent you the private message....wouldn't make sense to yell at you, now would it? If she's gonna yell, go after him, and save the rest of us the trouble of getting involved or hearing about it. This is a truck forum....and the first time in 4 years I have EVER heard of this kind of thing happening. Grow up or shut up, that's what I'd say to her.


Thanks for validating my point... INSECURITIES....

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerGirl View Post
Thanks girls! Nice to have some support on here. I sent a message back to the guy and told him that I would love to be his friend and talk to him on the forum, but that it was pretty apparent that his girlfriend has some serious insecurities and trust issues and I didn't want to be in a dispute with a 12 year old anymore. And I put him on my ignore list. I told him that he is going to miss out on some cool chicks who really do just want to be friends if he lets her control him. His loss.

My husband's mom always told him that he would know it was the right one when he found a girl with dirt under her fingernails and wore gasoline for perfume. He found me!


LOL Thats a good one...........

Nice to meet you too Eric!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
do you like ranger trucks? Gangsta B Off Topic 24 09-05-2009 09:56 PM
New to trucks. Moving up from turbo civic... PwrRngr Introduce Yourself 6 05-15-2009 09:14 AM
Are Ford Rangers good trucks? Lynn General Ford Ranger Discussion 1 11-28-2008 12:10 PM
do girls like ranger trucks? Jason S General Ford Ranger Discussion 1 11-26-2008 11:57 PM