Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #31  
Old 01-06-2010, 01:46 PM
STRanger STRanger is offline
Ford Tough
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 282
Default

If I had space on my desktop I'd probably use it, but its on my laptop and that thing is just one problem after another... And my desktop is already "overloaded" with other stuff... I may put it on a thumbdrive and save it til later on when I can do something with it - or figure it out...
  #32  
Old 01-06-2010, 10:04 PM
STRanger STRanger is offline
Ford Tough
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 282
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjsouth View Post
Probably when he copied it over he copied all the files but forgot to copy the setup which unzips all the files and puts them into a folder. So if you have the icon on your destop and you click on it, you're probably missing a file that links the program.

That's my guess.
i have no idea what you're tlaking about here... all i have is a blank page on my computer... STL gave me a link to winRAR and when i got that it chagned to something else... then when i got that and clicked it i still didnt understand what to do with it... so thats why i dont need somethign i cant understand...

i see lots of people who use photo shop but i'm not that mentally advanced I don't think - I sat here for an hour and i never could get it to do anything with a picture after i opened that program when i downloaded win.RAR - it just didn't do anything - or i didn't understand it...

I think I'm just beyond learning new stuff like that - or its just too advanced for my brain... haha...
  #33  
Old 01-06-2010, 10:28 PM
Jay FX4 Jay FX4 is offline
▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,511
Default

WinRAR is used for decompressing archives. If you have a file with the .rar extension, that's the one you need to extract the files from.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger Dave (B25) View Post
Our foreign policy is laughable at best. As is the recipient of this years Cracker-Jacks prize for 'peace.'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toms984x4 View Post
NOS for teh horse powaz!!!
ɹǝʌo ǝɯ dılɟ
  #34  
Old 01-06-2010, 10:36 PM
STRanger STRanger is offline
Ford Tough
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 282
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay FX4 View Post
WinRAR is used for decompressing archives. If you have a file with the .rar extension, that's the one you need to extract the files from.
i extracted the files and it made a folder with all these other folders - groups of folders... but when i opened them were just blank pages... i took the w. rar thing off (uninstalled it) because its not a program that came with my computer) it has three little books like icon - not a regular icon that belongs with the other stuff... when it was ready to download it gave me a ?? deal like it was possible that it might be dangerous, so anyways, i got rid of it after i unpacked the folder and ran my virus controls to make sure it didnt have anything that was dangerous in it...

but i had this one folder that said photo shop c3 with all these other folders upon more folders but they all had blank pages insdie themm... so i just deletd them off - and ran the disk cleanup to get it off my computer...

talk about a mess- i wish that guy never gave it to me now.... i been for 2 hours getting it deleted out and all that win.rrr thingy off here too...

edit: it didnt have the regular zip deal like my old computer on this new one - so i dont think this program is for this computer... this one is vista my old one was xp...
  #35  
Old 01-07-2010, 07:30 AM
turbo turbo is offline
Rocket Scientist
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 672
Send a message via AIM to turbo
Default

Why are we even discussing this here?

Sorry, Mark... but if you want to pirate software, you should probably find a pirated software support forum somewhere. Even in "off topic", this thread is off topic.

User Manuals, Tutorials, Help Guides, and even Technical Support all come along with legally purchased software. Pirated software comes with none of that (usually), and often includes computer viruses and/or trojans.

If you wonder why the cost of computer software is so expensive, you might consider what effect software piracy has on the retail price...

As for your photo/image editing needs, if you cannot afford the several hundred dollars for a legal copy of Photoshop, you might look into a program called GIMP. It will allow you to do the same things you can do with Photoshop, without undermining the financial outlooks of programmers that depend on software sales to maintain their paychecks. ...and, GIMP is free. ...and, you can use it with a clear conscience.
__________________
2001 Ranger XLT 4.0L SOHC
Silver Frost w/ Dark Graphite interior


Modifications
Summit 3" Body Lift
31x10.50 A/T tires
Explorer overhead console
Explorer auto-dim mirror
Explorer auto-headlights
Aux1 & Aux2 inputs on factory AM/FM/CD/Cassette
Door-dinger silencer button
Seamless retractable roof and passenger-side ejection seat with steering wheel mounted controls and safety interlock
  #36  
Old 01-07-2010, 10:27 AM
STRanger STRanger is offline
Ford Tough
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 282
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo View Post
Why are we even discussing this here?

Sorry, Mark... but if you want to pirate software, you should probably find a pirated software support forum somewhere. Even in "off topic", this thread is off topic.

User Manuals, Tutorials, Help Guides, and even Technical Support all come along with legally purchased software. Pirated software comes with none of that (usually), and often includes computer viruses and/or trojans.

If you wonder why the cost of computer software is so expensive, you might consider what effect software piracy has on the retail price...

As for your photo/image editing needs, if you cannot afford the several hundred dollars for a legal copy of Photoshop, you might look into a program called GIMP. It will allow you to do the same things you can do with Photoshop, without undermining the financial outlooks of programmers that depend on software sales to maintain their paychecks. ...and, GIMP is free. ...and, you can use it with a clear conscience.

huh?? its not pirated software...

EDIT: is the reason you're questioning me, is that perhaps you're related to bill gates or BIG Al Gore?? otherwise, don't worry about me... I've made it all these years by myself without your help... and I think I can manage the remaining years of my life without your assistance.... Good day sir...

Last edited by STRanger; 01-07-2010 at 11:14 AM.
  #37  
Old 01-07-2010, 12:37 PM
turbo turbo is offline
Rocket Scientist
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 672
Send a message via AIM to turbo
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STRanger View Post
huh?? its not pirated software...

EDIT: is the reason you're questioning me, is that perhaps you're related to bill gates or BIG Al Gore?? otherwise, don't worry about me...
It's not pirated software? ...really? I'm pretty sure that Adobe doesn't send out their software in .rar archives on thumb drives without documentation or technical support. In fact, I know they don't.

No, the reason I'm questioning you is not because I'm related to Bill Gates or Al Gore. The reason I'm questioning you is because you've come on this public forum and are trying to recruit others into assisting you in the use of your stolen software.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STranger View Post
I've made it all these years by myself without your help...
...and, apparently, I and several other software developers have made it all these years without your help, either.


Quote:
Originally Posted by STranger View Post
and I think I can manage the remaining years of my life without your assistance.... Good day sir...
Look, I don't care if you're a thief, whether you're proud of it or not. I don't think you should be polluting a public forum (or, at least, not this public forum) asking for help with your stolen software.
__________________
2001 Ranger XLT 4.0L SOHC
Silver Frost w/ Dark Graphite interior


Modifications
Summit 3" Body Lift
31x10.50 A/T tires
Explorer overhead console
Explorer auto-dim mirror
Explorer auto-headlights
Aux1 & Aux2 inputs on factory AM/FM/CD/Cassette
Door-dinger silencer button
Seamless retractable roof and passenger-side ejection seat with steering wheel mounted controls and safety interlock
  #38  
Old 01-07-2010, 12:54 PM
STRanger STRanger is offline
Ford Tough
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 282
Default

^^^
i'm not a thief - and if you keep insisting as so, we need have a talk... I"ll give you my address and we'll talk personally - not on here....
  #39  
Old 01-07-2010, 01:45 PM
turbo turbo is offline
Rocket Scientist
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 672
Send a message via AIM to turbo
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STRanger View Post
^^^
i'm not a thief - and if you keep insisting as so, we need have a talk... I"ll give you my address and we'll talk personally - not on here....
Perhaps I mis-read some of what you wrote earlier in the thread and I'm not fully understanding the situation. Why don't you take advantage of the free Technical Support from Adobe, and ask them why your copy of Photoshop didn't come with any User Manuals or Tutorial information, or why it came "packaged" in a .rar archive?
Adobe's Technical Support number is (800) 833-6687, or you can access their Support Portal online.

Regarding your thinly veiled threat, it is superficially easy to obtain my home address, if you feel that personal confrontation would be more satisfactory for you.
__________________
2001 Ranger XLT 4.0L SOHC
Silver Frost w/ Dark Graphite interior


Modifications
Summit 3" Body Lift
31x10.50 A/T tires
Explorer overhead console
Explorer auto-dim mirror
Explorer auto-headlights
Aux1 & Aux2 inputs on factory AM/FM/CD/Cassette
Door-dinger silencer button
Seamless retractable roof and passenger-side ejection seat with steering wheel mounted controls and safety interlock

Last edited by turbo; 01-07-2010 at 01:48 PM.
  #40  
Old 01-07-2010, 02:03 PM
STRanger STRanger is offline
Ford Tough
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 282
Default

^^^
look man, i did not steal anything.... end of discussion....
  #41  
Old 01-07-2010, 02:28 PM
STRanger STRanger is offline
Ford Tough
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 282
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo View Post
Perhaps I mis-read some of what you wrote earlier in the thread and I'm not fully understanding the situation. Why don't you take advantage of the free Technical Support from Adobe, and ask them why your copy of Photoshop didn't come with any User Manuals or Tutorial information, or why it came "packaged" in a .rar archive?
Adobe's Technical Support number is (800) 833-6687, or you can access their Support Portal online.

Regarding your thinly veiled threat, it is superficially easy to obtain my home address, if you feel that personal confrontation would be more satisfactory for you.
and you got what you wanted i figure - i'm not coming back on here... i'm gone - i think you were after me all along to get me off this forum...


well you did it - i'm out........ enjoy the forum - and your friends...
  #42  
Old 01-07-2010, 02:38 PM
Jay FX4 Jay FX4 is offline
▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,511
Default

Turbo, I find it hard to believe that you're the only person in the history of the civilized world who hasn't downloaded a song, copied a CD from a friend, etc.

I'm not trying to get in the middle of an argument (an argument that is trivial and shouldn't even be taking place) but he even stated from the get-go that it was given to him. It's not like he took the initiative to go hunt down a bootlegged copy.

There are two sides to the never-ending debate. There are the software makers, who claim that prices are high because of pirating, and thee are the pirates themselves, who claim they do what they do because the prices are so high.

I appreciate all the hard work from many intelligent people that goes into developing software as complex as Photoshop, but $600 or whatever the hell it costs is nothing short of rape.

I'm not condoning software piracy, I don't do it, but as long as there are people who can develop cracks and key generators, this is always going to be an issue.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger Dave (B25) View Post
Our foreign policy is laughable at best. As is the recipient of this years Cracker-Jacks prize for 'peace.'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toms984x4 View Post
NOS for teh horse powaz!!!
ɹǝʌo ǝɯ dılɟ

Last edited by Jay FX4; 01-07-2010 at 02:41 PM.
  #43  
Old 01-07-2010, 02:47 PM
Jay FX4 Jay FX4 is offline
▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,511
Default

For what it's worth (probably nothing), nobody should get attacked simply because they have a piece of software in their possesion. This is a Ranger forum, and it's nobodys business how they acquired it. It's not affecting you in any way whatsoever. Let it go.

And nobody should leave said Ranger forum simply because someone is giving them a hard time. You're only hurting yourself and letting someone get the best of you. If you insist on leaving, that's your choice, but you don't have to. You could simply not reply, or put the offending person on your ignore list.

This is ridiculous.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger Dave (B25) View Post
Our foreign policy is laughable at best. As is the recipient of this years Cracker-Jacks prize for 'peace.'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toms984x4 View Post
NOS for teh horse powaz!!!
ɹǝʌo ǝɯ dılɟ
  #44  
Old 01-07-2010, 02:50 PM
Dcrymes99ranger Dcrymes99ranger is offline
Explorer seats are in
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 6,176
Default

I was gonna get the program from mark but after reading all the post im not so sure. I mean its the internet u can't trust anyone. I dont want any viruses or cops coming to my ouse or computer lol. So i think i'll pass.
__________________
1999 Ford Ranger 3.0xl


My Build Thread!!!
  #45  
Old 01-07-2010, 03:18 PM
Tom Tom is offline
Ranger Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 6,829
Default

Thread locked as requested by the thread starter.
__________________
2006 Ford Ranger Sport 4.0 2WD on 32x11.50R15s
-3" Doetsch Spindle Lift


Using the forum:
How to Post on the Forum
Creating a signature (do this before asking any questions)
Upload an Avatar (image of your Ranger)
How to Post Pictures on the Forum
Switch the site layout: Light Theme or Dark Theme

Things to do:
Participate in Truck of the Month
Participate in the Ranger Photo Contest
Participate in the Non-Automotive Photo Contest
Become a Site Contributor
Shop at the FordRangerForum.com Store
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
photoshop anyone? Trucker_Eric Photoshop Board 19 04-17-2010 02:23 AM
Someone with photoshop skills STL Photoshop Board 11 12-17-2009 04:19 PM