Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #1  
Old 11-11-2010, 07:45 PM
RangerNDog RangerNDog is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 535
Default To all you BlackBerry users......

How do you like your phones?

I just got an Epic 4g about a month ago and its an awesome phone but there are a few things that bug me. The battery life sucks. I can't go more than a day with out having to charge it. I have to run a program just to have the phone repeat reminders when I miss any notifications.

My buddy has a 8530 I think. With me being on Sprint I have been looking at Curve 9330's and the Bold 9650's. I have looked at the tech specks and know that the bold has a higher res camera, flash and higher res screen. The one thing that I did notice is that the 9650 doesn't have chat style messaging. Any input will be appreciated.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-11-2010, 07:50 PM
tmbrockett tmbrockett is offline
Shaggy McNasty
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 322
Default Re: To all you BlackBerry users......

ive got the BB curve 8900 wit AT&T..i love the phone...the camera is good, depending on how i use the phone i can get a couple of days out of the battery, and i havent turned it off in several months and no lag at all
__________________
2001 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4
Bone Stock 4.0 Liter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clinton View Post
Cool..I must warn you, Last time I heard the word contracted, it burned when I went pee
http://500px.com/tmbrockett
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-11-2010, 08:23 PM
dixie_boysles dixie_boysles is offline
5.Oh All the way

 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 6,581
Send a message via Yahoo to dixie_boysles
Default Re: To all you BlackBerry users......

I love my Blackberry tour man! BEST BLACKBERRY imo! Its fast, if I use Opera Mini as my browser and its fast as well. It is the ultimate messaging/internet machine!

plus if you seach on here "blackberry" we have a blackberry messenger groups chat
__________________
2014 F150 SuperCrew XLT 4x4
275/65/17 Falken Wildpeak AT3W | Shorty Antenna | Tinted Windows | ProClip Phone Mount |5.0 v8 |Tow Package | Oxford White


Sold/Totaled: 2006 Ranger XLT 2D SuperCap 4x4 Torch Red
15x8 Pacer 164P Polished Wheels | 31x10.50 BFG ATs | Level II Tow Hooks | FX4 Red Insert Seats
Tinted Windows | 6000K HIDs | Kobalt Low Profile Toolbox | Pioneer Speakers
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-11-2010, 08:52 PM
RangerNDog RangerNDog is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 535
Default Re: To all you BlackBerry users......

Its nice to hear good reviews. Now its comming down to if its worth the extra $100 for the Bold or if I should just go with the Curve 3G.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-11-2010, 09:35 PM
Outcast Outcast is offline
Someone cool.
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 162
Default Re: To all you BlackBerry users......

anyone hear anything about the storm or storm2?
__________________
1999 Ranger Steppie
2006+ Taillights ~ Blinker Mod ~ SilverStar 6k Headlights ~ Dumped exhaust

1964 VW - The Mistress
4" Chop top ~ 8" Section (length) ~ 3" Channel
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-11-2010, 10:49 PM
Demon-FX4 Demon-FX4 is offline
I'm a Demon, So F off!
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 6,075
Send a message via Skype™ to Demon-FX4
Default Re: To all you BlackBerry users......

i have sprint and i had the battery issue with my evo 4g but there is widgets that stop the battery loss annnnnd turn ur gps off when not useing it that is the main thing that drains batteries in these 4g phones. i love my evo i tried the blackberry and hated it and switched to this and omg i love it
__________________
2003 FX4 LEVEL II
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03 SB FX4 View Post
My D-max - will pull the Cummin' Stroke it all night long!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99RangerAlfredo View Post
Nooo Demon does badd things to me when no one looks!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdawall View Post
Don't worry I next time I will just buy bolt ons so I can be just like you. Then I can drive around with unpainted fender flares and have a real prerunner
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-12-2010, 05:22 AM
dixie_boysles dixie_boysles is offline
5.Oh All the way

 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 6,581
Send a message via Yahoo to dixie_boysles
Default Re: To all you BlackBerry users......

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerNDog View Post
Its nice to hear good reviews. Now its comming down to if its worth the extra $100 for the Bold or if I should just go with the Curve 3G.
get the Bold! Its the updated version of the Tour. Basically it got a trackpad instead of the rollie ball and they are so nice! My fiance has the curve and its just not on the same level as the bold/tour. My screes resolution is SOOOOOO clear, hers is not. My buttons are nice and feel easier to press whereas hers feel cheap when you hit them. Also, my phone seems sooooo much faster. GET THE BOLD-enough said
__________________
2014 F150 SuperCrew XLT 4x4
275/65/17 Falken Wildpeak AT3W | Shorty Antenna | Tinted Windows | ProClip Phone Mount |5.0 v8 |Tow Package | Oxford White


Sold/Totaled: 2006 Ranger XLT 2D SuperCap 4x4 Torch Red
15x8 Pacer 164P Polished Wheels | 31x10.50 BFG ATs | Level II Tow Hooks | FX4 Red Insert Seats
Tinted Windows | 6000K HIDs | Kobalt Low Profile Toolbox | Pioneer Speakers
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-12-2010, 06:58 AM
05RangerEdge 05RangerEdge is offline
I'm a sell out
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,299
Default Re: To all you BlackBerry users......

The epic is Garbage IMO if you would have got a real power house android/google phone (EVO4G) I don't think you would even be considering the switch. I am on Verizon and have the DroidX and absolutely love this thing!
__________________
SOLD: 2005 Ranger EDGE+ Supercab (2dr) 4x2
SOLD: 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 QC 5.7 HEMI
CURRENT: 2015 Tacoma DCLB TRD Sport
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-12-2010, 10:17 AM
Demon-FX4 Demon-FX4 is offline
I'm a Demon, So F off!
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 6,075
Send a message via Skype™ to Demon-FX4
Default Re: To all you BlackBerry users......

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05RangerEdge View Post
The epic is Garbage IMO if you would have got a real power house android/google phone (EVO4G) I don't think you would even be considering the switch. I am on Verizon and have the DroidX and absolutely love this thing!
exactly the droid is alittle diff than the evo 4g but the droid does not have 4g speed lol
__________________
2003 FX4 LEVEL II
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03 SB FX4 View Post
My D-max - will pull the Cummin' Stroke it all night long!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99RangerAlfredo View Post
Nooo Demon does badd things to me when no one looks!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdawall View Post
Don't worry I next time I will just buy bolt ons so I can be just like you. Then I can drive around with unpainted fender flares and have a real prerunner
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-12-2010, 11:01 AM
RangerNDog RangerNDog is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 535
Default Re: To all you BlackBerry users......

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixie_boysles View Post
get the Bold! Its the updated version of the Tour. Basically it got a trackpad instead of the rollie ball and they are so nice! My fiance has the curve and its just not on the same level as the bold/tour. My screes resolution is SOOOOOO clear, hers is not. My buttons are nice and feel easier to press whereas hers feel cheap when you hit them. Also, my phone seems sooooo much faster. GET THE BOLD-enough said
I will get the Bold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05RangerEdge View Post
The epic is Garbage IMO if you would have got a real power house android/google phone (EVO4G) I don't think you would even be considering the switch. I am on Verizon and have the DroidX and absolutely love this thing!
I have played with the EVO and was less than impressed. I'm not one for on screen keyboards and that is what pushed me away from the EVO. The extra $10/month for 4G is just one more thing pushing me away from the Epic. I knew about it when I got the phone and didn't think it would bother me, but it does. The closest 4G area is 2+ hours away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon-FX4 View Post
i have sprint and i had the battery issue with my evo 4g but there is widgets that stop the battery loss annnnnd turn ur gps off when not useing it that is the main thing that drains batteries in these 4g phones. i love my evo i tried the blackberry and hated it and switched to this and omg i love it
I have installed numerous programs to help with the battery, but it usually comes at a cost(not $$ wise but feature wise). As far as GPS is concerned I have maybe had it on maybe 5 times(Not really a need to have it on. I have a Garmin that I use.). I keep everything off except for WiFi when I am at home.

Now I understand that the BB's are no magical phone where I can play with it all the time and never have to charge, but it would be nice not having to worry about playing with the phone before I go to work and worry if it has enough juice to make it until I go home or at least to the car where I have a charger.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 11-12-2010, 11:03 AM
Demon-FX4 Demon-FX4 is offline
I'm a Demon, So F off!
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 6,075
Send a message via Skype™ to Demon-FX4
Default Re: To all you BlackBerry users......

blackberrys hold a charge for a very long time atleast my girls does
__________________
2003 FX4 LEVEL II
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03 SB FX4 View Post
My D-max - will pull the Cummin' Stroke it all night long!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99RangerAlfredo View Post
Nooo Demon does badd things to me when no one looks!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdawall View Post
Don't worry I next time I will just buy bolt ons so I can be just like you. Then I can drive around with unpainted fender flares and have a real prerunner
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-12-2010, 11:07 AM
dixie_boysles dixie_boysles is offline
5.Oh All the way

 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 6,581
Send a message via Yahoo to dixie_boysles
Default Re: To all you BlackBerry users......

the only downfall to a blackberry is every once in a while, you have to pull the battery to speed the phone back up. They sometimes slow down and stuff like a computer. Just turning them off does not fully shut them down, so in comes the battery pull which restores memory. Also with blackberries, to extend battery life, turn off GPS and bluetooth and that will help battery life
__________________
2014 F150 SuperCrew XLT 4x4
275/65/17 Falken Wildpeak AT3W | Shorty Antenna | Tinted Windows | ProClip Phone Mount |5.0 v8 |Tow Package | Oxford White


Sold/Totaled: 2006 Ranger XLT 2D SuperCap 4x4 Torch Red
15x8 Pacer 164P Polished Wheels | 31x10.50 BFG ATs | Level II Tow Hooks | FX4 Red Insert Seats
Tinted Windows | 6000K HIDs | Kobalt Low Profile Toolbox | Pioneer Speakers
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-12-2010, 11:08 AM
05RangerEdge 05RangerEdge is offline
I'm a sell out
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,299
Default Re: To all you BlackBerry users......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon-FX4 View Post
blackberrys hold a charge for a very long time atleast my girls does
My girl too...wait do we see a pattern forming here lol..............jk

I got nothing bad to say about BB I just love my android phone

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixie_boysles View Post
the only downfall to a blackberry is every once in a while, you have to pull the battery to speed the phone back up. They sometimes slow down and stuff like a computer. Just turning them off does not fully shut them down, so in comes the battery pull which restores memory. Also with blackberries, to extend battery life, turn off GPS and bluetooth and that will help battery life
Same goes for mine
__________________
SOLD: 2005 Ranger EDGE+ Supercab (2dr) 4x2
SOLD: 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 QC 5.7 HEMI
CURRENT: 2015 Tacoma DCLB TRD Sport
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-12-2010, 11:10 AM
Demon-FX4 Demon-FX4 is offline
I'm a Demon, So F off!
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 6,075
Send a message via Skype™ to Demon-FX4
Default Re: To all you BlackBerry users......

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05RangerEdge View Post
My girl too...wait do we see a pattern forming here lol..............jk

I got nothing bad to say about BB I just love my android phone

----------



Same goes for mine
lol i don't know man but i LOVE my EVO 4G
__________________
2003 FX4 LEVEL II
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03 SB FX4 View Post
My D-max - will pull the Cummin' Stroke it all night long!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99RangerAlfredo View Post
Nooo Demon does badd things to me when no one looks!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdawall View Post
Don't worry I next time I will just buy bolt ons so I can be just like you. Then I can drive around with unpainted fender flares and have a real prerunner
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-12-2010, 11:34 AM
RangerNDog RangerNDog is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 535
Default Re: To all you BlackBerry users......

Good too see that most people have good battery life with the BB's. I just pulled the trigger on a Bold 9650. I'm hoping its here before next Friday as I am going out of town.

I can't say anything bad about Andriod OS phones. They are powerhouses and you can do almost anything you want with them.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Blackberry users edgeman4.0 Music/Movies/Computers/etc. 29 01-04-2011 07:46 AM
PSA: Shell Gas Users in the San Diego and LA Areas RangerJustin General Ford Ranger Discussion 11 10-29-2010 12:59 AM
For Sale: Blackberry bold 9700 LV NV Tys 4x4 FTW Misc Items 1 09-23-2010 04:30 PM
something all droid users must have! Ranger01 Music/Movies/Computers/etc. 6 05-08-2010 07:08 PM
this site is jacked on my blackberry bigtoys2004 Site Announcements, Comments and Suggestions 23 12-07-2009 10:28 AM