Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #5416  
Old 11-30-2013, 10:54 PM
joshquade joshquade is offline
pod racer
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,486
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeauJCope View Post

If the engine is modified its fine and understandable, but not when the engine doesnt have a significant increase of horse power and torque over stock
True I suppose you don't plan on modding to much on it... are you doing true duel or split?
__________________
The lug nuts on my truck require more torque than your import makes.

Cummins fun but girls like the strokin
  #5417  
Old 11-30-2013, 11:00 PM
nelson22 nelson22 is offline
RIP Conner Miles
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 645
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeauJCope View Post
After I get my 5.0 in, I'm going to get dual exhaust out the back. Don't know what muffler yet, gonna look at some vids of different ones on explorers. Also a CAI. Then after I get everything else done that I want to do to my interior, exterior, etc. Engine upgrades might happen.
Fucks cats. Headers, glasspacks, h-pipe, out the back. Ooooh weeee
__________________
2000 Ford Ranger XLT 3.0 2WD (sold)

SE Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordzilla80 View Post
You didn't fall in love with the Subaru. Only lesbians fall in love with Subarus.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshquade View Post
If it has tits or an engine it will give you problems.
  #5418  
Old 11-30-2013, 11:02 PM
BeauJCope BeauJCope is offline
My 3.0 Is Wounded
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3,319
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshquade View Post

True I suppose you don't plan on modding to much on it... are you doing true duel or split?
It would be nice to do true dual but I'm sure I'll end up doing split.
I wish torque monster headers were still available, and not so damn expensive Lol. My brothers dad own a welding company and the guy he gets all of his stuff material from, the guy precuts it, bend it and everything, if I could get my hands on some torque monster headers just foe him to replicate them, he probably could.
__________________
1999 Ford Ranger 5.0 AWD
35x12.50x18.
Many more mods!
  #5419  
Old 11-30-2013, 11:05 PM
joshquade joshquade is offline
pod racer
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,486
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeauJCope View Post

It would be nice to do true dual but I'm sure I'll end up doing split.
I wish torque monster headers were still available, and not so damn expensive Lol. My brothers dad own a welding company and the guy he gets all of his stuff material from, the guy precuts it, bend it and everything, if I could get my hands on some torque monster headers just foe him to replicate them, he probably could.
How much are they running?
__________________
The lug nuts on my truck require more torque than your import makes.

Cummins fun but girls like the strokin
  #5420  
Old 11-30-2013, 11:06 PM
BeauJCope BeauJCope is offline
My 3.0 Is Wounded
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3,319
Default

I think they were 8 or 900
__________________
1999 Ford Ranger 5.0 AWD
35x12.50x18.
Many more mods!
  #5421  
Old 11-30-2013, 11:08 PM
joshquade joshquade is offline
pod racer
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,486
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeauJCope View Post
I think they were 8 or 900
Holy shit... Dude that's gotta be pushing serious performance I don't think you'd quite need it.. and the cats and mufflers would mitigate the extra cash anyways
__________________
The lug nuts on my truck require more torque than your import makes.

Cummins fun but girls like the strokin
  #5422  
Old 11-30-2013, 11:11 PM
BeauJCope BeauJCope is offline
My 3.0 Is Wounded
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3,319
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshquade View Post

Holy shit... Dude that's gotta be pushing serious performance I don't think you'd quite need it.. and the cats and mufflers would mitigate the extra cash anyways
Well the torque monster headers pay for them selves technically. They'll add a few MPG. If you don't lead foot to feel the performance constantly lol
__________________
1999 Ford Ranger 5.0 AWD
35x12.50x18.
Many more mods!
  #5423  
Old 11-30-2013, 11:14 PM
joshquade joshquade is offline
pod racer
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,486
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeauJCope View Post

Well the torque monster headers pay for them selves technically. They'll add a few MPG. If you don't lead foot to feel the performance constantly lol
So will not having a cat or muffler lol... I like JBA man don't know if they make a true duel though.
__________________
The lug nuts on my truck require more torque than your import makes.

Cummins fun but girls like the strokin
  #5424  
Old 11-30-2013, 11:17 PM
BeauJCope BeauJCope is offline
My 3.0 Is Wounded
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3,319
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshquade View Post

So will not having a cat or muffler lol... I like JBA man don't know if they make a true duel though.
I feel like not having a cat and muffler would lower the MPG though since there's not as much back pressure.
__________________
1999 Ford Ranger 5.0 AWD
35x12.50x18.
Many more mods!
  #5425  
Old 11-30-2013, 11:24 PM
joshquade joshquade is offline
pod racer
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,486
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeauJCope View Post

I feel like not having a cat and muffler would lower the MPG though since there's not as much back pressure.
I gained MPGs cutting my muffler off. Back pressure means your engine has to push more out man...

----------

It increases low end torque though
__________________
The lug nuts on my truck require more torque than your import makes.

Cummins fun but girls like the strokin
  #5426  
Old 11-30-2013, 11:35 PM
BeauJCope BeauJCope is offline
My 3.0 Is Wounded
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3,319
Default

Oh, I was told when I cut my muffler off it could damage my valves and that I was losing MPG
__________________
1999 Ford Ranger 5.0 AWD
35x12.50x18.
Many more mods!
  #5427  
Old 11-30-2013, 11:47 PM
joshquade joshquade is offline
pod racer
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,486
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeauJCope View Post
Oh, I was told when I cut my muffler off it could damage my valves and that I was losing MPG
Lol not at all. Went from average of 270 per tank to 300. Back pressure isn't good man. If back pressure increased horsepower, saved your engine, or did anything good I think NASCAR, and formula ones would invest in mufflers. They don't. Your engine should make combustion and push it out as fast as possible hence why clogged mufflers and cats decrease power and increase damage to the engine. Its like jerking off with a rubber band holding your hand back. You might sprain something, it will be slower, but you'll get there.
__________________
The lug nuts on my truck require more torque than your import makes.

Cummins fun but girls like the strokin
  #5428  
Old 12-01-2013, 12:15 AM
BeauJCope BeauJCope is offline
My 3.0 Is Wounded
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3,319
Default

Lol nice example. I guess I never thought of it that way. I'd still want to run a muffler though. No cats. I don't want my truck to damn loud lol
__________________
1999 Ford Ranger 5.0 AWD
35x12.50x18.
Many more mods!
  #5429  
Old 12-01-2013, 12:21 AM
joshquade joshquade is offline
pod racer
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,486
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeauJCope View Post
Lol nice example. I guess I never thought of it that way. I'd still want to run a muffler though. No cats. I don't want my truck to damn loud lol
Yea and no muffler is illegal... as well as no cat. Youll be fine with a flow master or heart throb duel setup man. Heart throb has on for the rangers on autoanything.com for like 300
__________________
The lug nuts on my truck require more torque than your import makes.

Cummins fun but girls like the strokin
  #5430  
Old 12-01-2013, 12:32 AM
BeauJCope BeauJCope is offline
My 3.0 Is Wounded
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3,319
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshquade View Post

Yea and no muffler is illegal... as well as no cat. Youll be fine with a flow master or heart throb duel setup man. Heart throb has on for the rangers on autoanything.com for like 300
Im thinking flowmaster. I'm watchng exhaust vids on YouTube. I'll post the link of the vid that made me cream my pants knowing mine is going to sound like this

----------

Oooofta.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVxe...e_gdata_player
__________________
1999 Ford Ranger 5.0 AWD
35x12.50x18.
Many more mods!
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Minnesota Newbie loxmo Introduce Yourself 6 05-15-2011 06:16 AM
From Duluth Minnesota!! DeeDirta Introduce Yourself 10 04-08-2011 03:20 AM
hello from Minnesota! muddyranger Introduce Yourself 6 12-24-2009 10:15 AM
Rebel in Minnesota rebel Introduce Yourself 2 06-02-2009 12:14 PM