Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #2731  
Old 08-27-2013, 04:16 AM
joshquade joshquade is offline
pod racer
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,486
Default

You guys are right. I couldn't get rid of the golden turd she's family.
__________________
The lug nuts on my truck require more torque than your import makes.

Cummins fun but girls like the strokin
  #2732  
Old 08-27-2013, 05:18 AM
gcextreme gcextreme is offline
Sept. TOTM
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12,248
Default Re: Minnesota

Yeah we care Travis....we are all ranger family here man....

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshquade View Post
You guys are right. I couldn't get rid of the golden turd she's family.
Thats good..m

Hell if i damaged my truck id be pissed....but i would save up to get it fixed...as long as it was still driveable...
But i also have full coverage insurance....
Only way i would get rid of it is if i totaled it....hell and i might even buy it back from the insurance company..lol.
__________________
1999 Ranger 3.0FFV-ExtCab-4x4-My 99 Build
1998 Ranger 3.0-ExtCab-4x4-PROJECT TRUCK-My 98 Build

GC-EXTREME GRAPHICS
NEED CUSTOM DECALS, APPAREL, or GLASS MUGS?
Visit My Thread!
Custom Stuff, Great Quality, & Great Prices!
These Graphics ROCK!

Buggman LEDS & GC-Extreme Graphics Joint Venture Mod Products Coming Soon!
Are you READY?!
  #2733  
Old 08-27-2013, 06:38 AM
94AubergineXLT 94AubergineXLT is offline
Ford's Rule!
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 947
Default Re: Minnesota

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshquade View Post
12 on a good day :/ its a 01 so it probably gets 15-19
If it has a 5.4 it'll probably get less than that. They're thirsty!
__________________
94 3.0L 5 spd 4x4 Ranger XLTSOLD
2004 Mustang Cobra Convertible 453/471
2013 1.6 Tuxedo Black Ford Escape
  #2734  
Old 08-27-2013, 07:48 AM
gcextreme gcextreme is offline
Sept. TOTM
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12,248
Default Re: Minnesota

Anyone here looking for a cheap fiberglass tonno cover?? A coworker has one for sale off his ranger...he wants $100 for it.
Its in great shape...black in color, well worth $200+.
__________________
1999 Ranger 3.0FFV-ExtCab-4x4-My 99 Build
1998 Ranger 3.0-ExtCab-4x4-PROJECT TRUCK-My 98 Build

GC-EXTREME GRAPHICS
NEED CUSTOM DECALS, APPAREL, or GLASS MUGS?
Visit My Thread!
Custom Stuff, Great Quality, & Great Prices!
These Graphics ROCK!

Buggman LEDS & GC-Extreme Graphics Joint Venture Mod Products Coming Soon!
Are you READY?!
  #2735  
Old 08-27-2013, 09:07 AM
joshquade joshquade is offline
pod racer
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,486
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcextreme View Post
Anyone here looking for a cheap fiberglass tonno cover?? A coworker has one for sale off his ranger...he wants $100 for it.
Its in great shape...black in color, well worth $200+.
I may know someone. Short bed???
__________________
The lug nuts on my truck require more torque than your import makes.

Cummins fun but girls like the strokin
  #2736  
Old 08-27-2013, 09:21 AM
Travesty96 Travesty96 is offline
Ford Tough
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 226
Default

Alright I guess here they are.

1. I got a second job so i have two jobs now and I'm usually always working and putting 50 to 60 hours a week. When I'm not working I'm usually always tired now.
2. My parents got a divorce and me being 17 and still living at home that hit me really hard. So I pretty much put my technology down for the longest time so people would stop asking about it. And since they got the divorce I've pretty much been living at a friends house cause I don't want to see my mom or dad.

3. I bought a car to bring my happyniss back that I have always wanted ever since I was a kid. I've started to like this car almost more then my ranger. I never thought this would happen but it has and that's why I haven't been on here that much cause I haven't driving my ranger farther then 10 miles in the past month.

4. My mom told me 2 months ago that we are going to be moving to a small town home in STMA because he can't afford to keep the house we live in now. This really hurts me because this town home is like 1/4 size of the house I live in now and the only land ill have is about a 10"x10" patch of grass they call a yard.

5. I have to sell my four wheeler because their wont be any room for it in the small garage and the worst of all I have to sell my car that I've owned for a little bit or my ranger. So I'm In a shit hole deciding which one I'm going to have to sell

Here is my car that I bought. It's a 2006 Chrysler 300 touring with now only 90,349 thousand miles. It only has the 3.5 liter v6. I wanted the 5.7 liter hemi v8 but for insurance reasons an gas I stuck with the 3.5 liter v6

image-3277298877.jpg
__________________
2001 Edge Ext. Cab 4.0v6 SOHC, Oxferdwhite all stock cept my interor that i put in a new plaid headliner and blue L.E.D.s
wish list
3 inch bodylift
3 inch suspension lift
and lastly 18inch Vision 375 Warrior wheels

Last edited by Travesty96; 08-27-2013 at 09:44 AM.
  #2737  
Old 08-27-2013, 10:14 AM
gcextreme gcextreme is offline
Sept. TOTM
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12,248
Default Re: Minnesota

Thats a nice car man....

It seems your'e at the point where soon u will be moving out and living on your own...but it seems you have collected alot of stuff, and when living out on your own you may not be able to afford or keep that stuff..or have somewhere to put it..

I didn't get all my stuff till after i was out of my parents and done with college.

If you had your own place, you can always buy one of them $300 sheds at Fleet Farm or Menards, thats what i have and i store my toys in that..cuz it all wont fit in the garage.
3 motorcycles, 2 atvs, 1 riding lawnmower, 1 push mower, 1 weedeater, tons of tools, a welder, tons of ranger truck parts, etc..

The car probably gets better gas mileage...but how well will that handle in the snow???
In the end, the ranger will probably cost less to maintain and insure, so u may want to keep that over the car.....

Life is tuff...it can throw u curve balls...sometimes u strike out..

My mom has been married 5 times..im her only son from her 2nd marriage, so im on my 3rd stepdad....

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshquade View Post
I may know someone. Short bed???
regular bed....not the long bed...so yeah short bed...lol
__________________
1999 Ranger 3.0FFV-ExtCab-4x4-My 99 Build
1998 Ranger 3.0-ExtCab-4x4-PROJECT TRUCK-My 98 Build

GC-EXTREME GRAPHICS
NEED CUSTOM DECALS, APPAREL, or GLASS MUGS?
Visit My Thread!
Custom Stuff, Great Quality, & Great Prices!
These Graphics ROCK!

Buggman LEDS & GC-Extreme Graphics Joint Venture Mod Products Coming Soon!
Are you READY?!
  #2738  
Old 08-27-2013, 10:35 AM
Travesty96 Travesty96 is offline
Ford Tough
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 226
Default

Thanks for the complment. The car does get a lot better gas milage then my ranger. I'm filling up every 8 to 10 days rather than 4 days like I had to do with my ranger. Surprisingly my insurance only went up 15 dollars with full coverage. The guy said the car handles decent in winter cause its a pretty big heavy car. I'm probably going to pay the extra money to keep my ranger till after winter just incase the car is a bitch to drive in the winter. I should mention to that I have a little over a grand saved up to buy some really nice snow tires for my car so that should help a lot for the handling. And thanks for everything I'm glad you are all here for me.
__________________
2001 Edge Ext. Cab 4.0v6 SOHC, Oxferdwhite all stock cept my interor that i put in a new plaid headliner and blue L.E.D.s
wish list
3 inch bodylift
3 inch suspension lift
and lastly 18inch Vision 375 Warrior wheels

Last edited by Travesty96; 08-27-2013 at 10:44 AM.
  #2739  
Old 08-27-2013, 02:25 PM
joshquade joshquade is offline
pod racer
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,486
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travesty96 View Post
Thanks for the complment. The car does get a lot better gas milage then my ranger. I'm filling up every 8 to 10 days rather than 4 days like I had to do with my ranger. Surprisingly my insurance only went up 15 dollars with full coverage. The guy said the car handles decent in winter cause its a pretty big heavy car. I'm probably going to pay the extra money to keep my ranger till after winter just incase the car is a bitch to drive in the winter. I should mention to that I have a little over a grand saved up to buy some really nice snow tires for my car so that should help a lot for the handling. And thanks for everything I'm glad you are all here for me.
Nice car, my brother has the same car and yes you will need snow tires. He gets no traction whatsoever in the winter. He pays $115 for insurance and I pay $70 so mines at least a lot cheaper. Sorry to hear your story man. My mom left when I was 11 and didn't hear from her for 5 years. I'm only 18 now and she lives 9 hours away so I don't see her much.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcextreme View Post
Thats a nice car man....

It seems your'e at the point where soon u will be moving out and living on your own...but it seems you have collected alot of stuff, and when living out on your own you may not be able to afford or keep that stuff..or have somewhere to put it..

I didn't get all my stuff till after i was out of my parents and done with college.

If you had your own place, you can always buy one of them $300 sheds at Fleet Farm or Menards, thats what i have and i store my toys in that..cuz it all wont fit in the garage.
3 motorcycles, 2 atvs, 1 riding lawnmower, 1 push mower, 1 weedeater, tons of tools, a welder, tons of ranger truck parts, etc..

The car probably gets better gas mileage...but how well will that handle in the snow???
In the end, the ranger will probably cost less to maintain and insure, so u may want to keep that over the car.....

Life is tuff...it can throw u curve balls...sometimes u strike out..

My mom has been married 5 times..im her only son from her 2nd marriage, so im on my 3rd stepdad....

----------

regular bed....not the long bed...so yeah short bed...lol
I'll go talk to him now I know he was looking for a soft one but he may be interested considering its only $100.
__________________
The lug nuts on my truck require more torque than your import makes.

Cummins fun but girls like the strokin
  #2740  
Old 08-27-2013, 03:21 PM
Minnesota2001Ranger Minnesota2001Ranger is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,433
Default

Is it a step side or regular bed?
__________________
2001 4.0 xlt off road, step side. 102,xxx miles. K&N drop in filter. 2006+ tail lights, black headlights and corners, buggman's custom emblems, front and back, plastidipped grille, front valance, and rear bumper plastic. P265/70 R17 Wrangler at/s on painted black MB rims CLICK HERE FOR MUDDING TRIP PICS http://www.gcextreme.com/FordRanger/...eets/Oct_2012/
  #2741  
Old 08-27-2013, 04:25 PM
gcextreme gcextreme is offline
Sept. TOTM
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12,248
Default Re: Minnesota

Regular bed.....pssh stepsides suck to find that stuff for u know that lol.
__________________
1999 Ranger 3.0FFV-ExtCab-4x4-My 99 Build
1998 Ranger 3.0-ExtCab-4x4-PROJECT TRUCK-My 98 Build

GC-EXTREME GRAPHICS
NEED CUSTOM DECALS, APPAREL, or GLASS MUGS?
Visit My Thread!
Custom Stuff, Great Quality, & Great Prices!
These Graphics ROCK!

Buggman LEDS & GC-Extreme Graphics Joint Venture Mod Products Coming Soon!
Are you READY?!
  #2742  
Old 08-27-2013, 04:55 PM
joshquade joshquade is offline
pod racer
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,486
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcextreme View Post
Regular bed.....pssh stepsides suck to find that stuff for u know that lol.
What do you mean Glen. I was thinking about replacing mine with step side when I get a new box..
__________________
The lug nuts on my truck require more torque than your import makes.

Cummins fun but girls like the strokin
  #2743  
Old 08-27-2013, 07:00 PM
TerrenceStuart TerrenceStuart is offline
Old man driver.
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 14,895
Default Re: Minnesota

there was a reason ford discontinued the Flareside ranger in 2006. More people wanted the Styleside and there are more aftermarket parts that fit the styleside
__________________
some kind of vehicle.
  #2744  
Old 08-27-2013, 07:06 PM
joshquade joshquade is offline
pod racer
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,486
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by machine View Post
there was a reason ford discontinued the Flareside ranger in 2006. More people wanted the Styleside and there are more aftermarket parts that fit the styleside
Is it worth getting a step side?
__________________
The lug nuts on my truck require more torque than your import makes.

Cummins fun but girls like the strokin
  #2745  
Old 08-27-2013, 07:14 PM
gcextreme gcextreme is offline
Sept. TOTM
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12,248
Default Re: Minnesota

They are harder to find toppers and tonno covers for.
__________________
1999 Ranger 3.0FFV-ExtCab-4x4-My 99 Build
1998 Ranger 3.0-ExtCab-4x4-PROJECT TRUCK-My 98 Build

GC-EXTREME GRAPHICS
NEED CUSTOM DECALS, APPAREL, or GLASS MUGS?
Visit My Thread!
Custom Stuff, Great Quality, & Great Prices!
These Graphics ROCK!

Buggman LEDS & GC-Extreme Graphics Joint Venture Mod Products Coming Soon!
Are you READY?!
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Minnesota Newbie loxmo Introduce Yourself 6 05-15-2011 06:16 AM
From Duluth Minnesota!! DeeDirta Introduce Yourself 10 04-08-2011 03:20 AM
hello from Minnesota! muddyranger Introduce Yourself 6 12-24-2009 10:15 AM
Rebel in Minnesota rebel Introduce Yourself 2 06-02-2009 12:14 PM