Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #16  
Old 06-16-2010, 09:48 AM
smakes smakes is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,005
Default Re: Lowered ranger splash suspension on ranger xl

what the hell does lifting them have to do with this conversation?

http://www.rangerpowersports.com/for...splash+springs
http://www.rangerpowersports.com/for...splash+springs

splashes come with K code springs, here is my door sticker and it obviously shows i do NOT have k code springs

SPR is the part where it shows what springs ive got.


Last edited by smakes; 06-16-2010 at 09:52 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 06-16-2010, 10:13 AM
mjonesjr mjonesjr is offline
Is today the day?
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 254
Default Re: Lowered ranger splash suspension on ranger xl

Quote:
Originally Posted by smakes View Post
what the hell does lifting them have to do with this conversation?

http://www.rangerpowersports.com/for...splash+springs
http://www.rangerpowersports.com/for...splash+springs

splashes come with K code springs, here is my door sticker and it obviously shows i do NOT have k code springs

SPR is the part where it shows what springs ive got.

Your spring code is for the engine you have. Each engine had its own spring code. I would assume whoever told you they come with code K is because they were off a 4.0 Ranger Splash.

This fella seems to have the same height Ranger Splash as the specs in the second link show any other Ranger.

http://www.fordrangerforum.com/wheel...fications.html

http://consumerguideauto.howstuffwor...d-ranger-6.htm


Standard 1995 2wd Ranger Tire Sizes:
195/70-14 (24.7" Diameter)
215/70-14 (25.9" Diameter)
225/70-14 (26.4" Diameter)

Standard 1995 2wd Ranger Splash Tire Size:
235/60-15 (26.1" Diameter)
__________________
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
- Thomas Jefferson -

Support Our Troops!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 06-16-2010, 10:15 AM
smakes smakes is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,005
Default Re: Lowered ranger splash suspension on ranger xl

yea, none of that shows that splashes dont have lowered coils, my point still stands. splashes are 1 inch lower from the factory, its true, your wrong, end of discussion.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 06-16-2010, 10:19 AM
mjonesjr mjonesjr is offline
Is today the day?
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 254
Default Re: Lowered ranger splash suspension on ranger xl

Quote:
Originally Posted by smakes View Post
yea, none of that shows that splashes dont have lowered coils, my point still stands. splashes are 1 inch lower from the factory, its true, your wrong, end of discussion.
So I just PROVED to you that the ride height of a Splash is the same as any other 2wd Ranger and I am wrong? Huh, interesting.

Until you can come up with some proof that isn't "because so and so said it was this way", YOU are wrong.

I gave you proof.
__________________
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
- Thomas Jefferson -

Support Our Troops!
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 06-16-2010, 10:24 AM
smakes smakes is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,005
Default Re: Lowered ranger splash suspension on ranger xl

you can throw all kinds of useless bullshit into this, but splashes are one inch lower from the factory, and everybody that has one knows this. unfortunatley, SOME that are deemed "splash" are nothing more than dealer optioned xlt's with some stickers put on em, hence the discrepancy in the ride height.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 06-16-2010, 10:30 AM
mjonesjr mjonesjr is offline
Is today the day?
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 254
Default Re: Lowered ranger splash suspension on ranger xl

Quote:
Originally Posted by smakes View Post
you can throw all kinds of useless bullshit into this, but splashes are one inch lower from the factory, and everybody that has one knows this. unfortunatley, SOME that are deemed "splash" are nothing more than dealer optioned xlt's with some stickers put on em, hence the discrepancy in the ride height.
If it rolled off the assembly line with a flare side bed in '94-'97, it was a Splash.

There was NEVER a factory Splash that had Ranger XLT emblems. All Splash's had just Ranger on the fender.

If you look up the part numbers for the Ranger coil spring, there is NOT a spring that is specific for the Splash. They are the same part numbers.

The ONLY way they will be lower is if the springs have sagged over time. Ranger coil springs are BADLY known for sagging over time.

Throwing a bunch of bull shit into this? Seems I have shown nothing but proof. You keep telling yourself that they are lowered from the factory.
__________________
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
- Thomas Jefferson -

Support Our Troops!
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 06-16-2010, 10:41 AM
smakes smakes is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,005
Default Re: Lowered ranger splash suspension on ranger xl

yea im done arguing with you, they have lowered springs from the factory, and theres a ton of proof on RPS, and you choose to ignore it.

nowhere did i say they had XLT badges on them, i said they were xlts optioned by the dealer, and as we all know, its quite simple to change a fender badge.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 06-16-2010, 10:46 AM
DangerRanger01 DangerRanger01 is offline
COBRAZZZZ
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 313
Default Re: Lowered ranger splash suspension on ranger xl

wiki ftw!!! Smakes is right, read about splash in the third gen section:

__________________
2001 Ranger.
2.5l of passionate fury.
Big brake upgrade.
Cobra wheels
Hurst Equipped.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 06-16-2010, 10:47 AM
mjonesjr mjonesjr is offline
Is today the day?
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 254
Default Re: Lowered ranger splash suspension on ranger xl

You post a link to an OUTSIDE source other than what someone said that shows a Splash has lowered coil springs, then you might get some credit. However, all you have done is post links on where people SAY they have 1" lower springs from the factory.

Show us some good HARD proof and not word of keyboard proof.

I have give the posters on this topic PROOF to show that there are NOT any lowered springs from the factory.
__________________
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
- Thomas Jefferson -

Support Our Troops!
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 06-16-2010, 10:47 AM
smakes smakes is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,005
Default Re: Lowered ranger splash suspension on ranger xl

thank you grant, i totally forgot about wiki

Quote:
A new "Splash" model was introduced, which had a flare side bed, unique aluminum wheels, 1 inch lowering springs, and a special pin stripes. The 1993 Splash models were only available as a regular cab, later models could have either cab. The Mazda B-Series became a rebadged Ranger for the 1994 model year. For the 1995 model year, the Splash trim had options which all included; a lowered suspension, flare side bed, an extended cab, and unique aluminum wheels/paint job.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 06-16-2010, 10:48 AM
DangerRanger01 DangerRanger01 is offline
COBRAZZZZ
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 313
Default Re: Lowered ranger splash suspension on ranger xl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjonesjr View Post
You post a link to an OUTSIDE source other than what someone said that shows a Splash has lowered coil springs, then you might get some credit. However, all you have done is post links on where people SAY they have 1" lower springs from the factory.

Show us some good HARD proof and not word of keyboard proof.

I have give the posters on this topic PROOF to show that there are NOT any lowered springs from the factory.



__________________
2001 Ranger.
2.5l of passionate fury.
Big brake upgrade.
Cobra wheels
Hurst Equipped.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 06-16-2010, 10:49 AM
mjonesjr mjonesjr is offline
Is today the day?
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 254
Default Re: Lowered ranger splash suspension on ranger xl

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerRanger01 View Post
wiki ftw!!! Smakes is right, read about splash in the third gen section:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Ranger
Anyone can edit Wiki articles to say what they want, so Wiki is NOT credible.

Look see, I edited it to not have that.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Ra...2.80.931997.29

Proof besides Wiki will be required.
__________________
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
- Thomas Jefferson -

Support Our Troops!
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 06-16-2010, 10:51 AM
smakes smakes is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,005
Default Re: Lowered ranger splash suspension on ranger xl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjonesjr View Post
Anyone can edit Wiki articles to say what they want, so Wiki is NOT credible.

Look see, I edited it to not have that.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Ra...2.80.931997.29

Proof besides Wiki will be required.
no, it still says it right here

Quote:
For the 1995 model year, the Splash trim had options which all included; a lowered suspension, flare side bed, an extended cab, and unique aluminum wheels/paint job.
so far, your the only one who denys that splashes have lowered coils, so i want you to show me REAL proof that they dont. why dont YOU go measure some coils and get back to us.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 06-16-2010, 10:55 AM
smakes smakes is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,005
Default Re: Lowered ranger splash suspension on ranger xl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjonesjr View Post
You post a link to an OUTSIDE source other than what someone said that shows a Splash has lowered coil springs, then you might get some credit. However, all you have done is post links on where people SAY they have 1" lower springs from the factory.

Show us some good HARD proof and not word of keyboard proof.

I have give the posters on this topic PROOF to show that there are NOT any lowered springs from the factory.
your own point has just become invalid, wiki is an outside source, and you still deny it. lulz.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 06-16-2010, 10:56 AM
mjonesjr mjonesjr is offline
Is today the day?
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 254
Default Re: Lowered ranger splash suspension on ranger xl

Quote:
Originally Posted by smakes View Post
no, it still says it right here



so far, your the only one who denys that splashes have lowered coils, so i want you to show me REAL proof that they dont. why dont YOU go measure some coils and get back to us.
Genius, why didn't I think to edit the Wiki article to prove my point.

Here is what Edmunds has to say about the Splash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmunds
Halfway through the year, the perky Splash model (regular cab) debuted, featuring a stepside style (Flareside, in Ford lingo) bed and colorful graphics.
http://www.edmunds.com/ford/ranger/history.html

Nice try editing the Wiki article. Thus why Wiki is NOT a valid source in any discussion. A person can edit it to prove their point.
__________________
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
- Thomas Jefferson -

Support Our Troops!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
95 ranger splash 4.0 overheating problem blair683 4.0 SOHC / 4.0 OHV Tech 2 04-11-2010 10:16 AM
Rim and Tire Size - Lowered Ranger Ruiz631 Wheels and Tires 4 12-06-2009 02:30 PM
drywall in 94 ranger splash stacker20 General Ford Ranger Discussion 20 10-06-2009 01:22 PM
Lowered t-bar Ranger Clem Lowered Suspension 9 09-27-2009 09:27 PM
suspension lifts on a ranger splash? kcoffey2313 Lifted Suspension 1 06-08-2009 07:12 AM