Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #1  
Old 02-23-2010, 07:22 AM
90fordranger 90fordranger is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 685
Talking 3"body lift

found a bodylift for pritty cheap 107$.
but i was wondering if there hard to install, for a 90 ranger?
also how do you install them?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-23-2010, 07:51 AM
1freaky1 1freaky1 is offline
Just crazy enough!
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 119
Send a message via Yahoo to 1freaky1
Default

The hardest part of the install usually is breaking the rusted body mounting bolts free then it is usually just using a jack to raise one side of the truck to insert the lift and then the other, generally the instructions are pretty good that come with them. A big plus is if you have access to a vehicle lift to raise the body level at one time.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-23-2010, 08:11 AM
STL STL is offline
...............

 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 23,398
Default

Lots of PB Blaster.

soak all body bolts for 1 week in it. may need a little propane torch to heat them so they will break free.
__________________
2005 Edge

Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-23-2010, 02:28 PM
XLT08 XLT08 is offline
Ford Rangers
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 220
Default

I haven't personally done it, but from reading the instructions, it sounds like a huge PITA.
__________________
08 XLT 4.0 V6
Awaiting 3" Body Lift + 33/12.50 MTs
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-23-2010, 02:36 PM
99offroadrngr 99offroadrngr is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 945
Default

its easy to do. As STL said, spray all body and bed bolts with PB blaster a week in advance. Only thing i should recommend is Mapp Gas (yellow bottle) instead of propane (blue bottle) torch. Mapp gas burns hotter and takes less time to heat the bolt up. i waited til the bolt was bright red then i blasted it out with the impact gun.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-23-2010, 02:42 PM
90fordranger 90fordranger is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 685
Default

thanks guys.
thinkin i should just save for a suspenison lift maybe. though i do want biger tires here soon, and the ones on it now are already kinda in the fenders
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-23-2010, 02:42 PM
camodown camodown is offline
I'm kind of a big deal
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 4,842
Default

not hard just time consuming. Like said above the hardest thing for you is just going to be dealing with 20 years of rust
__________________
Lifted and junk

Double Lifted Rangers
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-23-2010, 02:47 PM
STL STL is offline
...............

 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 23,398
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99offroadrngr View Post
its easy to do. As STL said, spray all body and bed bolts with PB blaster a week in advance. Only thing i should recommend is Mapp Gas (yellow bottle) instead of propane (blue bottle) torch. Mapp gas burns hotter and takes less time to heat the bolt up. i waited til the bolt was bright red then i blasted it out with the impact gun.
Where can you obtain one of those torches? All they have around here is the blue propane ones
__________________
2005 Edge

Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-23-2010, 09:25 PM
99offroadrngr 99offroadrngr is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 945
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL View Post
Where can you obtain one of those torches? All they have around here is the blue propane ones
should have them at your local hardware store, home depot, or lowes. should be right in the same section where the propane ones are just the yellow cans.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-23-2010, 10:08 PM
Lil-Ford Lil-Ford is offline
ordinary ranger
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 183
Default

thats alot of money hahaha
my body lift coost me 18 bucks

and they are super easy to install i did it to my 90 ranger
__________________
Just a slightly modified ford ranger
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 02-23-2010, 11:34 PM
2007BlackFX4 2007BlackFX4 is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 837
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil-Ford View Post
thats alot of money hahaha
my body lift coost me 18 bucks

and they are super easy to install i did it to my 90 ranger
$18??
nice
__________________
2007 Black FX4
Nitto Terra Grapplers - 285/75
Mickey Thompson Classic II's - 17"
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-24-2010, 10:52 AM
99offroadrngr 99offroadrngr is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 945
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil-Ford View Post
my body lift coost me 18 bucks
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-24-2010, 09:15 PM
walsh710 walsh710 is offline
Learning to use the forums
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL View Post
Lots of PB Blaster.

soak all body bolts for 1 week in it. may need a little propane torch to heat them so they will break free.
i have a 99' ranger and i want to put a 3" body lift on it do you ever have any probablems when you flex out. but i was thinking if i buy the nice kit it probably comes with everything i need so i wont have any probablems.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-24-2010, 09:30 PM
GeorgiaRanger GeorgiaRanger is offline
Bronco!
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,188
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99offroadrngr View Post
should have them at your local hardware store, home depot, or lowes. should be right in the same section where the propane ones are just the yellow cans.
DONT GO TO LOWES STL!! GO TO HOME DEPOT!!!! Home Depot is the place to go!!!
__________________
Bronco in the near future!

2002 Gold Ranger (46k miles) : Totaled May 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaddwalters View Post
Lmao like a good neighbor, FRF is there!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-28-2010, 07:34 PM
99offroadrngr 99offroadrngr is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 945
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by walsh710 View Post
i have a 99' ranger and i want to put a 3" body lift on it do you ever have any probablems when you flex out. but i was thinking if i buy the nice kit it probably comes with everything i need so i wont have any probablems.
both the summit and PA kits are the same and no, you wont have issues when u flex out. ive flexed mine to have a tire in the air and nothing happens
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SOLD] CHEAP 3" Performance Accessories body lift 2001-2005 STL Suspension Parts 2 01-24-2010 08:06 PM
Want to Buy: '03 4x4 3" body lift kit Harleymedic53 Suspension Parts 7 01-19-2010 11:33 AM
[SOLD] BRAND NEW 3" body lift $60.00 + S&H STL Suspension Parts 10 11-29-2009 07:57 AM
1"-3" body lift RangerLuc Lifted Suspension 22 11-25-2009 06:50 PM
is a body lift or a suspension lift better for a 2 wheel drive ford ranger? cooper c Lifted Suspension 2 11-29-2008 04:11 PM