Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #31  
Old 02-04-2010, 05:52 PM
TrePaul86 TrePaul86 is offline
All LED and HID
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 607
Send a message via AIM to TrePaul86 Send a message via MSN to TrePaul86
Default

John if you drive here, I can get you the superlift installed with the shaft for roughly $1800. That's cuz I went to HS with the guy that owns the shop down the street from me. lol
__________________
FXEdgeplorer Level II
Part 01-03
Part 06

Geared Locked Bright Loud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl
your like a guru.... like a little ranger boodah... covered in hair and knowlege
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 02-04-2010, 07:04 PM
2007BlackFX4 2007BlackFX4 is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 837
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrePaul86 View Post
John if you drive here, I can get you the superlift installed with the shaft for roughly $1800. That's cuz I went to HS with the guy that owns the shop down the street from me. lol
dude oregon is literally on the opposite corner of the united states... I'm in the bottom right and your in the top left... I would do that in a heartbeat tho.. I'm probably gonna be lookin at a little under $2000 just to get the lift installed no shaft...
__________________
2007 Black FX4
Nitto Terra Grapplers - 285/75
Mickey Thompson Classic II's - 17"
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 02-04-2010, 08:55 PM
TrePaul86 TrePaul86 is offline
All LED and HID
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 607
Send a message via AIM to TrePaul86 Send a message via MSN to TrePaul86
Default

Do it yourself man... It's not hard... I swear.
__________________
FXEdgeplorer Level II
Part 01-03
Part 06

Geared Locked Bright Loud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl
your like a guru.... like a little ranger boodah... covered in hair and knowlege
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 02-04-2010, 09:06 PM
2007BlackFX4 2007BlackFX4 is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 837
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrePaul86 View Post
Do it yourself man... It's not hard... I swear.
dude i'm 16... give me a list of tools i would need and the hardest parts... me and my dad MIGHT be able to tackle it over the summer...

EDIT: dude your insane if you think i can do that.. i just went and read how to disassemble the front suspension and i dont know what every other word even means... it says take this and that off and unbolt that and this and the problem is i have no clue what this and that are... haha
__________________
2007 Black FX4
Nitto Terra Grapplers - 285/75
Mickey Thompson Classic II's - 17"

Last edited by 2007BlackFX4; 02-04-2010 at 09:23 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 02-04-2010, 09:31 PM
TrePaul86 TrePaul86 is offline
All LED and HID
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 607
Send a message via AIM to TrePaul86 Send a message via MSN to TrePaul86
Default

Well if you're any good with taking things apart, it's the same thing. When I was younger, I would take stuff apart to see how it worked, then put it back together. The key to everything is remember in what order you took stuff apart and where it goes, to know where to put it when it's time to put it back on... Ya know?

Being 16 has nothing to do with it...

We lifted austins truck, Me Shane and Austin, in 1 night... Without having even done a Superlift prior. And he was 17 when we did his...
__________________
FXEdgeplorer Level II
Part 01-03
Part 06

Geared Locked Bright Loud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl
your like a guru.... like a little ranger boodah... covered in hair and knowlege
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 02-04-2010, 09:40 PM
2007BlackFX4 2007BlackFX4 is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 837
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrePaul86 View Post
Well if you're any good with taking things apart, it's the same thing. When I was younger, I would take stuff apart to see how it worked, then put it back together. The key to everything is remember in what order you took stuff apart and where it goes, to know where to put it when it's time to put it back on... Ya know?

Being 16 has nothing to do with it...

We lifted austins truck, Me Shane and Austin, in 1 night... Without having even done a Superlift prior. And he was 17 when we did his...
yeah but its scary stuff man. what happens when you pull something off thats not supposed to come off? What happens when you pull something off and it all just starts falling apart? I'm with you man i love taking stuff apart and putting it back together but this is no toy. This is a $12,000 dollar truck that'll be my car for the next 10 years probably. I mean i would love more than anything to install it myself but i just don't know. Is there an in depth (pictures included) how-to on installing the 4" superlift?
__________________
2007 Black FX4
Nitto Terra Grapplers - 285/75
Mickey Thompson Classic II's - 17"
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 02-04-2010, 09:55 PM
TrePaul86 TrePaul86 is offline
All LED and HID
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 607
Send a message via AIM to TrePaul86 Send a message via MSN to TrePaul86
Default

It does come with instructions... They don't leave you high and dry... And from what I remember with Austy's, Shane's and Cory's installs, it has some good pictures in the instructions. lol
__________________
FXEdgeplorer Level II
Part 01-03
Part 06

Geared Locked Bright Loud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl
your like a guru.... like a little ranger boodah... covered in hair and knowlege
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 02-04-2010, 10:00 PM
2007BlackFX4 2007BlackFX4 is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 837
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrePaul86 View Post
It does come with instructions... They don't leave you high and dry... And from what I remember with Austy's, Shane's and Cory's installs, it has some good pictures in the instructions. lol
well the instructions i looked at did have some pictures but not real pictures of the truck which always helps. i'm going to print out the instructions and go over the whole thing and see if its possible. it would be fun to do and i would feel like a badass to say i installed it myself
__________________
2007 Black FX4
Nitto Terra Grapplers - 285/75
Mickey Thompson Classic II's - 17"
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Coilovers with a 4in Superlift RangerNVS Vehicle Snapshots 10 03-31-2012 04:52 AM
Superlift Lift Kit pmac Lifted Suspension 27 06-26-2011 06:52 PM
Superlift pmac Lifted Suspension 16 12-04-2009 03:00 PM
Thinking 3" SuperLift, Please help. 02'4.04x4 Lifted Suspension 15 09-24-2009 11:03 PM
Superlift 3-4in question apmurphy Lifted Suspension 1 05-22-2009 05:38 AM