Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #46  
Old 01-23-2010, 04:15 PM
Steviejay Steviejay is offline
Ford Motor Company
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 149
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL View Post
Notice the gap that 32" tires and 33" tires have the 35's dont have as much wheel to fender gap making it look as it is stuffed
Gotcha, nothing like a good stuffing!! I think 32 is about right like yours so you can still off road if you want to?
__________________
==========================
Knowledge is often mistaken for intelligence. This is like mistaking a cup of milk for a cow.


2006 UK Ranger Wildtrak Double Cab 4x4/2x4 2.5Td, Titanium Grey, tinted windows, Blacked out Rear, rear sjs hard cover, sportz Blue bulbs, LED side lights, BFG KM2 MT - 31/10.5/15's
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 01-23-2010, 04:20 PM
STL STL is offline
...............

 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 23,398
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steviejay View Post
Gotcha, nothing like a good stuffing!! I think 32 is about right like yours so you can still off road if you want to?
I got 31's

32's will be coming eventually when these wear out. 32 is as big as I ever wanna go
__________________
2005 Edge

Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 01-23-2010, 04:24 PM
2007BlackFX4 2007BlackFX4 is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 837
Default

haha i have 33s with just a torsion bar crank!!
there 33x11.5 tho.
they dont rub at all though even at full lock and even if i drive up curbs and stuff at full lock.
If i get a 3" body i will get new tires but i wont go bigger. i will definitely get a 33x12.5 though..

EDIT: thanks for those pictures btw
__________________
2007 Black FX4
Nitto Terra Grapplers - 285/75
Mickey Thompson Classic II's - 17"
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 01-23-2010, 04:29 PM
Steviejay Steviejay is offline
Ford Motor Company
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 149
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL View Post
I got 31's

32's will be coming eventually when these wear out. 32 is as big as I ever wanna go

Why?

I'm keen on 32's think it's just about right.

x 10.5 or 11.5?
__________________
==========================
Knowledge is often mistaken for intelligence. This is like mistaking a cup of milk for a cow.


2006 UK Ranger Wildtrak Double Cab 4x4/2x4 2.5Td, Titanium Grey, tinted windows, Blacked out Rear, rear sjs hard cover, sportz Blue bulbs, LED side lights, BFG KM2 MT - 31/10.5/15's
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 01-23-2010, 05:23 PM
STL STL is offline
...............

 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 23,398
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steviejay View Post
Why?
I'm keen on 32's think it's just about right.
x 10.5 or 11.5?
Well the wife has a hard time getting in it as it sits. So 32's will be really pushing it. 33's look nice and all but I want some fender gap and with 33's it takes up more than I would like
__________________
2005 Edge

Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 01-23-2010, 08:32 PM
talkington talkington is offline
Ford Pickup
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 123
Default




only pic i have on here of my body lift
__________________
1999 ford ranger 4.0l v6 4wd
-3 inch body lift
-custom ultra type 50 15x8 rims -31x10.5r15 bighorn maxxis MT tires -stock stereo with line output converter and 500 watt jensen amp with a 12" Mtx thunder 4500 sub-custom white neon blue guage overlays-pro-comp explorer stainless fog lights
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 01-23-2010, 10:03 PM
Steviejay Steviejay is offline
Ford Motor Company
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 149
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL View Post
Well the wife has a hard time getting in it as it sits. So 32's will be really pushing it. 33's look nice and all but I want some fender gap and with 33's it takes up more than I would like
Makes sense!
__________________
==========================
Knowledge is often mistaken for intelligence. This is like mistaking a cup of milk for a cow.


2006 UK Ranger Wildtrak Double Cab 4x4/2x4 2.5Td, Titanium Grey, tinted windows, Blacked out Rear, rear sjs hard cover, sportz Blue bulbs, LED side lights, BFG KM2 MT - 31/10.5/15's
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 01-24-2010, 07:10 PM
Harleymedic53 Harleymedic53 is offline
03 Ranger xlt, 4.0L, 4x4
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 416
Default

This is a 3" Bl with 35's
[/QUOTE]

Can someone tell me what exactly this truck has.. it says 3" bl and tbar crank and 35's. I want this setup.. screw gettin 33's. unless i'm missin something? how does he keep all his bumper and fender flairs?
__________________
The {EVOLUTION} Continues
!:::My Ride:::!
[SIZE="1"]2003 FX4 Ext cab 4x4.
4.0L V6, 4.10 axel 8.8 l/s, CAI, 2.25" Exhaust w/ turbo muffler.
T-bar crank, 33x12.5 Firestone Destination A/T on 15x8 Soft 8's.
3" BL, 6400 Shackels
Red LED's:Under dash and behind Grill, 6" fogs behind grill, painted headlights and flairs
Truxxedo Lo-pro Tonneu Cover and Chrome bed rails
Mods to come:DIY bedliner.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 01-24-2010, 07:15 PM
Fx4wannabe01 Fx4wannabe01 is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,058
Default

That paricular person is a member of Ranger-Forums....and they're not a true 35" tire. They're more like a 34".....metric 35". He has what is described....maxed out bars, 3" BL, sucked inish wheels(like 8" with 5" backspace), and like 315/70r16's or something similar. I don't recall his screen name...maybe shoot a PM to sonic04edge, the one who originally posted that pic here(that's his blue true in the background).

He probably keeps his flares because he still has all his sway bars and doesn't actually twawk the truck out on trails...plus wheel choice helps him there too. Keep valence is easy...just a box cutter away from clearing. Rear axle gets enough articulation, it WILL pound sheetmetal. Shit...I do and I've got 3" lift ontop of him.
__________________
'01 XLT disguised as a '03 Fx4 Level II.

Last edited by Fx4wannabe01; 01-24-2010 at 07:17 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 01-24-2010, 07:22 PM
Harleymedic53 Harleymedic53 is offline
03 Ranger xlt, 4.0L, 4x4
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 416
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fx4wannabe01 View Post
That paricular person is a member of Ranger-Forums....and they're not a true 35" tire. They're more like a 34".....metric 35". He has what is described....maxed out bars, 3" BL, sucked inish wheels(like 8" with 5" backspace), and like 315/70r16's or something similar. I don't recall his screen name...maybe shoot a PM to sonic04edge, the one who originally posted that pic here(that's his blue true in the background).

He probably keeps his flares because he still has all his sway bars and doesn't actually twawk the truck out on trails...plus wheel choice helps him there too. Keep valence is easy...just a box cutter away from clearing. Rear axle gets enough articulation, it WILL pound sheetmetal. Shit...I do and I've got 3" lift ontop of him.
Oh because my rims i got are 15x8's and they have 4in backspacing.. and i think 35's would be sick. i'm already planning on taking off my front valence that holds the stock foglights anyway. and i don't do major offroading but when i get the chance some... You think it would work? Im prolly gonna do the chevy drop shackel in the back also while im at it
__________________
The {EVOLUTION} Continues
!:::My Ride:::!
[SIZE="1"]2003 FX4 Ext cab 4x4.
4.0L V6, 4.10 axel 8.8 l/s, CAI, 2.25" Exhaust w/ turbo muffler.
T-bar crank, 33x12.5 Firestone Destination A/T on 15x8 Soft 8's.
3" BL, 6400 Shackels
Red LED's:Under dash and behind Grill, 6" fogs behind grill, painted headlights and flairs
Truxxedo Lo-pro Tonneu Cover and Chrome bed rails
Mods to come:DIY bedliner.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 01-25-2010, 11:54 AM
Sonic04edge Sonic04edge is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,086
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fx4wannabe01 View Post
That paricular person is a member of Ranger-Forums....and they're not a true 35" tire. They're more like a 34".....metric 35". He has what is described....maxed out bars, 3" BL, sucked inish wheels(like 8" with 5" backspace), and like 315/70r16's or something similar. I don't recall his screen name...maybe shoot a PM to sonic04edge, the one who originally posted that pic here(that's his blue true in the background).

He probably keeps his flares because he still has all his sway bars and doesn't actually twawk the truck out on trails...plus wheel choice helps him there too. Keep valence is easy...just a box cutter away from clearing. Rear axle gets enough articulation, it WILL pound sheetmetal. Shit...I do and I've got 3" lift ontop of him.
Shane's got it right
__________________
No ride ATM
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 01-25-2010, 07:15 PM
Fx4wannabe01 Fx4wannabe01 is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,058
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleymedic53 View Post
Oh because my rims i got are 15x8's and they have 4in backspacing.. and i think 35's would be sick. i'm already planning on taking off my front valence that holds the stock foglights anyway. and i don't do major offroading but when i get the chance some... You think it would work? Im prolly gonna do the chevy drop shackel in the back also while im at it
I think you may be fine....but idk. I found 35's and 3" bl w/ maxed bars to ride a little rougher than I wanted, but otherwise I found the truck to be a perfect size and a nice daily driver(aside from 4.10's and 35's being a total and complete dog). BUT...I was never comfortable enough to actually go play with hte truck on the trail at all. On the street, I rubbed the inner fender at full lock and you probably will too. I would've thrown flares left and right if I had 'em on there iwth my 10's. 4.10s and 35's sucked major ass and if Auto, while it's 'manageable', the trans'll be toast within 50k. The additional wear on the bars being maxed don't help either. I only ran the 35's and the BL because I had the 35's and wheels mounted and knew they somewhat "fit" and was antsy to see 'em on it. A week later the Superlift was under it.

IMO....it's a gamble. It's up to you. It's stuffed. It'll still have stock gears. And 35's aren't comfortable on just a bodylifted truck. I'd much rather prefer a confirmed setup by literally thousands: 33's.
__________________
'01 XLT disguised as a '03 Fx4 Level II.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 01-25-2010, 07:27 PM
Harleymedic53 Harleymedic53 is offline
03 Ranger xlt, 4.0L, 4x4
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 416
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fx4wannabe01 View Post
I think you may be fine....but idk. I found 35's and 3" bl w/ maxed bars to ride a little rougher than I wanted, but otherwise I found the truck to be a perfect size and a nice daily driver(aside from 4.10's and 35's being a total and complete dog). BUT...I was never comfortable enough to actually go play with hte truck on the trail at all. On the street, I rubbed the inner fender at full lock and you probably will too. I would've thrown flares left and right if I had 'em on there iwth my 10's. 4.10s and 35's sucked major ass and if Auto, while it's 'manageable', the trans'll be toast within 50k. The additional wear on the bars being maxed don't help either. I only ran the 35's and the BL because I had the 35's and wheels mounted and knew they somewhat "fit" and was antsy to see 'em on it. A week later the Superlift was under it.

IMO....it's a gamble. It's up to you. It's stuffed. It'll still have stock gears. And 35's aren't comfortable on just a bodylifted truck. I'd much rather prefer a confirmed setup by literally thousands: 33's.
I just ordered 33x12.5 Firestone Discovery A/T's today. Im mounting them on my new black Soft 8's. Im super excited.. I no wat ya mean and thank you for all your advice
__________________
The {EVOLUTION} Continues
!:::My Ride:::!
[SIZE="1"]2003 FX4 Ext cab 4x4.
4.0L V6, 4.10 axel 8.8 l/s, CAI, 2.25" Exhaust w/ turbo muffler.
T-bar crank, 33x12.5 Firestone Destination A/T on 15x8 Soft 8's.
3" BL, 6400 Shackels
Red LED's:Under dash and behind Grill, 6" fogs behind grill, painted headlights and flairs
Truxxedo Lo-pro Tonneu Cover and Chrome bed rails
Mods to come:DIY bedliner.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 01-28-2010, 08:07 PM
sullys_ranger sullys_ranger is offline
Ford Tough
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 474
Default



Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 01-28-2010, 10:44 PM
camoranger camoranger is offline
Ford Pickup
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 107
Default

you can fit any size tire you want if you dont mind rubbing im goin with 37's or 38's after my 4in rc supension lift comes in 3in body and 4in suspension i should clear 37's.
__________________
97 ford ranger
sas d44 front 5.13 gears welded front an rear 35in super swamper tsl sx's
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PIC REQUEST: 33"x12.5" tire on 10" Wheel DisturbedESV Wheels and Tires 21 09-27-2011 10:16 AM
Want to Buy: '03 4x4 3" body lift kit Harleymedic53 Suspension Parts 7 01-19-2010 11:33 AM
[SOLD] BRAND NEW 3" body lift $60.00 + S&H STL Suspension Parts 10 11-29-2009 07:57 AM
1"-3" body lift RangerLuc Lifted Suspension 22 11-25-2009 06:50 PM
Pic request - 2.3L intake mani and throttle body yippee 4-Cylinder Tech 8 11-13-2009 01:57 AM