Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #1  
Old 08-29-2010, 07:14 PM
rescueranger rescueranger is offline
Learning to use the forums
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 12
Default Best way to lift a ranger?

Ive got a 2006 4.0L 4wd. I want to give it at least 2inches of lift. My main focus is leveling it out. I don't want to break the bank, sacrifice ride quality, or increase wear and tear on the suspension. I do not want to put a crappy lift on it to save money either. If you understand what Im saying please help me out!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-29-2010, 07:15 PM
Clinton Clinton is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 14,049
Default Re: Best way to lift a ranger?

What about a body lift?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-29-2010, 07:22 PM
rescueranger rescueranger is offline
Learning to use the forums
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 12
Default Re: Best way to lift a ranger?

if i do that then won't the rear end still sit heigher than the front?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-29-2010, 07:32 PM
Clinton Clinton is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 14,049
Default Re: Best way to lift a ranger?

Not if you crank the torsion bars to level it
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-29-2010, 07:33 PM
Demon-FX4 Demon-FX4 is offline
I'm a Demon, So F off!
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 6,075
Send a message via Skype™ to Demon-FX4
Default Re: Best way to lift a ranger?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clinton View Post
Not if you crank the torsion bars to level it
x2
__________________
2003 FX4 LEVEL II
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03 SB FX4 View Post
My D-max - will pull the Cummin' Stroke it all night long!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99RangerAlfredo View Post
Nooo Demon does badd things to me when no one looks!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdawall View Post
Don't worry I next time I will just buy bolt ons so I can be just like you. Then I can drive around with unpainted fender flares and have a real prerunner
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-29-2010, 07:33 PM
rescueranger rescueranger is offline
Learning to use the forums
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 12
Default Re: Best way to lift a ranger?

thanks very true...do you think using the aftermarket torsion keys would be better?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-29-2010, 07:35 PM
Clinton Clinton is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 14,049
Default Re: Best way to lift a ranger?

http://www.fordrangerforum.com/exter...sion-bars.html click that
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-29-2010, 08:12 PM
stephen stephen is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,274
Default Re: Best way to lift a ranger?

i hear keys = very bad.
__________________
2008 Sport Black 3.0 V6 2WD.
Build Thread

Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-29-2010, 08:33 PM
abq02ranger abq02ranger is offline
Like the Forums
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 48
Default Re: Best way to lift a ranger?

only suspension lift available for your ranger is Superlift which, with drive shaft, is about 2k. body lift is 150. torsion keys are awful unless you like replacing front end parts with a passion, ie cvs ball joints etc. save up for superlift or crank your bars a little bit to level, other than that you're SOL man just like the rest of us. LOL
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-29-2010, 08:37 PM
Demon-FX4 Demon-FX4 is offline
I'm a Demon, So F off!
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 6,075
Send a message via Skype™ to Demon-FX4
Default Re: Best way to lift a ranger?

Quote:
Originally Posted by abq02ranger View Post
only suspension lift available for your ranger is Superlift which, with drive shaft, is about 2k. body lift is 150. torsion keys are awful unless you like replacing front end parts with a passion, ie cvs ball joints etc. save up for superlift or crank your bars a little bit to level, other than that you're SOL man just like the rest of us. LOL
actully i talked with bds suspension lifts and they are in the works with making a 6 inch lift for 01 to 03 and 06 to 10 this guy knows alot of people high up in bds so i took it seriusly i sooooo want a 6 inch and would wait for it
__________________
2003 FX4 LEVEL II
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03 SB FX4 View Post
My D-max - will pull the Cummin' Stroke it all night long!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99RangerAlfredo View Post
Nooo Demon does badd things to me when no one looks!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdawall View Post
Don't worry I next time I will just buy bolt ons so I can be just like you. Then I can drive around with unpainted fender flares and have a real prerunner
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 08-29-2010, 08:57 PM
RangerLuc RangerLuc is offline
yup
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,407
Default Re: Best way to lift a ranger?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon-FX4 View Post
actully i talked with bds suspension lifts and they are in the works with making a 6 inch lift for 01 to 03 and 06 to 10 this guy knows alot of people high up in bds so i took it seriusly i sooooo want a 6 inch and would wait for it
wtf?! so much for ur sas. looks like ur lifting it the easy and unconventional way.....pussy
__________________
2001 XLT 4x4 V6 4.0L auto
SAS'd D44 and 8.8. dual lockers, 38s, 12 bolt h1's, some other odds and ends
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-29-2010, 09:07 PM
Demon-FX4 Demon-FX4 is offline
I'm a Demon, So F off!
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 6,075
Send a message via Skype™ to Demon-FX4
Default Re: Best way to lift a ranger?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerLuc View Post
wtf?! so much for ur sas. looks like ur lifting it the easy and unconventional way.....pussy
i said i would wait would lol
__________________
2003 FX4 LEVEL II
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03 SB FX4 View Post
My D-max - will pull the Cummin' Stroke it all night long!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99RangerAlfredo View Post
Nooo Demon does badd things to me when no one looks!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdawall View Post
Don't worry I next time I will just buy bolt ons so I can be just like you. Then I can drive around with unpainted fender flares and have a real prerunner
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Want to Buy: 1999 Ranger 4" lift or 3" body lift MFDTRK1 Suspension Parts 4 03-09-2012 04:00 PM
03 Ranger Edge 2wd lift or not to lift? 03RedRanger Lifted Suspension 16 08-27-2010 06:46 AM
Want to Buy: 1999 Lift or Stock Coil Springs and other Lift items.... Nosetackle63 Suspension Parts 1 01-18-2010 12:19 PM
'01 Ranger Lift BSho Lifted Suspension 2 05-14-2009 07:23 AM
is a body lift or a suspension lift better for a 2 wheel drive ford ranger? cooper c Lifted Suspension 2 11-29-2008 04:11 PM