Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #1  
Old 04-27-2015, 11:47 AM
budm budm is offline
Learning to use the forums
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 8
Question Wheel backspacing with lift

I'm in the process of gathering parts to lift my ranger, and I'm debating between keeping the stock rims or getting some vic steelies and putting some mastercraft ATs on them and would like to avoid going with some fancy aftermarket's. So my question is will a wheel spacer say 1.5 in help the stock rims fit with a 6 in lift? I have noticed they say a backspacing of 3.75, and I thought OEM was 4.25? I'm gonna go with the wheelsnparts spindle lift so I just want some advice on this situation.
__________________
Current: 06 Ford Ranger STX 3.0 Auto 2WD
Soon: 6in lift

Last edited by budm; 04-27-2015 at 12:30 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-27-2015, 11:59 AM
Logan03CO Logan03CO is offline
No wire hangers, ever!

 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 10,309
Default Re: Wheel backspacing with lift

Quote:
Originally Posted by budm View Post
I'm in the process of gathering parts to lift my ranger, and I'm debating between keeping the stock rims or getting some vic steelies and putting some mastercraft ATs on them and would like to avoid going with some fancy aftermarket's. So my question is will a wheel spacer say 1.5 in help the stock rims fit with a 6 in lift? I have noticed they say a backspacing of 3.75, and I thought OEM was 4.25? I'm gonna go with the wheelsnparts spindle lift so I just want some advice on this situation.
Please make a signature with your truck information in order for members to better assist you.

Click: http://www.fordrangerforum.com/profi...=editsignature
__________________
Curent 2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1 owner - Build Thread for her: Logan's 2003 Mach 1

Former 2003 Ford Ranger owner - Build Thread for her: Project Budget Buster
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-22-2015, 11:41 AM
Murphy99 Murphy99 is offline
Learning to use the forums
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 4
Default Re: Wheel backspacing with lift

Hey I have seen you post many replies on this site. I'm new and maybe you can help me out. I am wondering if the 4" superlift is the best option for my 1999 4wd Ranger. The options are very slim and right now I have doestche tech shocks and maked out T-bar lift thats all. I am considering a lift because the ride is very jittery since the T-bars are under more than mornal load. I prefer a more free range of articulation. thanks
__________________
1999 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4, 5-speed, 4.0L V6. Mods include: T-bar lift with Doestche Tech shocks, Headlight/Taillight LED assy.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-22-2015, 09:02 PM
Tyler46 Tyler46 is offline
Ford Ranger Dismantler
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 6,992
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy99 View Post
Hey I have seen you post many replies on this site. I'm new and maybe you can help me out. I am wondering if the 4" superlift is the best option for my 1999 4wd Ranger. The options are very slim and right now I have doestche tech shocks and maked out T-bar lift thats all. I am considering a lift because the ride is very jittery since the T-bars are under more than mornal load. I prefer a more free range of articulation. thanks
A body lift might be more suitable for you. Much easier and for 10% of the cost.
__________________
2007 Regular Cab - 2.3 DOHC - 5 Speed Auto - 4.10 Gears - Maxtrac 7" Lift - Fiberwerx 3" Fenders - Bilstein 5100 Series - 15x10 Ultra 164's - 35x12.50x15 Red Letters - Custom dents

Quote:
Originally Posted by guell View Post
People like him make me believe that birth control needs to be put in the public water supply
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-26-2015, 01:42 PM
rangergambler rangergambler is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 790
Default

Body lifts suk ballzzz. Ugly gaps... poor handling or same as stock. Get a suspension lift and het new shocks in the process and itll ride better and less head aches.
__________________
2010 2.3 Stick Reg Cab XL - Maxtrac 2 inch coils - Bilstein 5100 front shocks - Bilstein yellow rear shocks
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-26-2015, 04:04 PM
vista4.0 vista4.0 is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,595
Default Re: Wheel backspacing with lift

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangergambler View Post
Body lifts suk ballzzz. Ugly gaps... poor handling or same as stock. Get a suspension lift and het new shocks in the process and itll ride better and less head aches.
Ugly gaps? Where? And suspension lifts for the 4wds are just drop brackets. Changes nothing ride wise. Unless the bars are decranked.
__________________
2007 Ford Ranger XLT Vista Blue
4x4 4.0L w/5 speed manual, 4.10 L/S
Double Lifted on Fox Coilovers
33x12.50 KO2s on 15x10 Steelies

1998 Ford Ranger XL - Daily Beater 2.5L Auto - Lowered 4/6 with c-notch
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-26-2015, 04:07 PM
Tyler46 Tyler46 is offline
Ford Ranger Dismantler
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 6,992
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vista4.0 View Post
Ugly gaps? Where? And suspension lifts for the 4wds are just drop brackets. Changes nothing ride wise. Unless the bars are decranked.
I've always wondered if the Superlift is just glorified fabricated metal which costs $1500
__________________
2007 Regular Cab - 2.3 DOHC - 5 Speed Auto - 4.10 Gears - Maxtrac 7" Lift - Fiberwerx 3" Fenders - Bilstein 5100 Series - 15x10 Ultra 164's - 35x12.50x15 Red Letters - Custom dents

Quote:
Originally Posted by guell View Post
People like him make me believe that birth control needs to be put in the public water supply
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-27-2015, 05:51 AM
Murphy99 Murphy99 is offline
Learning to use the forums
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 4
Default Re: Wheel backspacing with lift

I don't really like body lifts either but since they dont make the RCD 5" lift for the 99 ranger 4x4 anymore we are basically stuck with the superlift for a suspension lift anyway. I was wondering if a newer lift for 2000 and up ranger will fit on the 99 since there are more options?
__________________
1999 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4, 5-speed, 4.0L V6. Mods include: T-bar lift with Doestche Tech shocks, Headlight/Taillight LED assy.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-27-2015, 05:54 AM
Logan03CO Logan03CO is offline
No wire hangers, ever!

 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 10,309
Default Re: Wheel backspacing with lift

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyman46 View Post
I've always wondered if the Superlift is just glorified fabricated metal which costs $1500
That's all every lift really is.......



Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy99 View Post
I was wondering if a newer lift for 2000 and up ranger will fit on the 99 since there are more options?
"More options" ?

All 4WD Rangers from 1998-Death have the same amount of currently available suspension lifts.
__________________
Curent 2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1 owner - Build Thread for her: Logan's 2003 Mach 1

Former 2003 Ford Ranger owner - Build Thread for her: Project Budget Buster

Last edited by Logan03CO; 05-27-2015 at 06:19 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-27-2015, 06:42 AM
Vogenitz69 Vogenitz69 is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,161
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan03CO View Post
That's all every lift really is....... "More options" ? All 4WD Rangers from 1998-Death have the same amount of currently available suspension lifts.
death lol
__________________
2000 Ford Ranger GT 5.0 V8 ~ Work-in-progress, 4" Spindle, 2" Shackle, 2" AAL, Bilstein 4600's, 7/8" Hellwig Rear Sway Bar, 33x10.5r15, Torque Monster Headers, M5R2 5 Speed, ARE Bed Cap
1987 Ford F-150 Lariat 5.0 V8 ~ "Heavy" Hauler, 2" AAL, Stock otherwise
2006 Honda Civic LX 1.6 Totaled
2011 Acura TSX 2.4 ~Daily Driver
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 05-27-2015, 07:19 AM
Tyler46 Tyler46 is offline
Ford Ranger Dismantler
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 6,992
Default

Look on RCD's website, either im crazy or it's the coilover kit that they've always had. ---------- jk, I edited this you buffoons
__________________
2007 Regular Cab - 2.3 DOHC - 5 Speed Auto - 4.10 Gears - Maxtrac 7" Lift - Fiberwerx 3" Fenders - Bilstein 5100 Series - 15x10 Ultra 164's - 35x12.50x15 Red Letters - Custom dents

Quote:
Originally Posted by guell View Post
People like him make me believe that birth control needs to be put in the public water supply

Last edited by Tyler46; 05-27-2015 at 07:24 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-27-2015, 07:20 AM
Logan03CO Logan03CO is offline
No wire hangers, ever!

 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 10,309
Default Re: Wheel backspacing with lift

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyman46 View Post
Look on RCD's website, either im crazy or it's the coilover kit that they've always had.

----------

Click: http://rcdlift.com/shop/ranger/ford-...hold-10-42498/
That's not RCD's website.

This is: Race Car Dynamics - Official Website
__________________
Curent 2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1 owner - Build Thread for her: Logan's 2003 Mach 1

Former 2003 Ford Ranger owner - Build Thread for her: Project Budget Buster
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-27-2015, 07:23 AM
Tyler46 Tyler46 is offline
Ford Ranger Dismantler
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 6,992
Default

Huh. This BS Site copied all of their stuff. Even the item descriptions. I'm gonna edit that, it's probably a scam to steal money.
__________________
2007 Regular Cab - 2.3 DOHC - 5 Speed Auto - 4.10 Gears - Maxtrac 7" Lift - Fiberwerx 3" Fenders - Bilstein 5100 Series - 15x10 Ultra 164's - 35x12.50x15 Red Letters - Custom dents

Quote:
Originally Posted by guell View Post
People like him make me believe that birth control needs to be put in the public water supply
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-28-2015, 11:13 AM
Castleguard Castleguard is offline
Lurking in the Darkness
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 246
Default Re: Wheel backspacing with lift

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy99 View Post
I don't really like body lifts either but since they dont make the RCD 5" lift for the 99 ranger 4x4 anymore we are basically stuck with the superlift for a suspension lift anyway. I was wondering if a newer lift for 2000 and up ranger will fit on the 99 since there are more options?
You can go superlift and do the coil over conversion as well. That will help smooth out the ride.
__________________
2007 FX4 4.0l V6 | 5" RCD Suspension lift | Westin Stainless Sidesteps
33"x12.5" Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs | 15"x8" ATX Slot wheels
Superlift Front Driveshaft
Build Thread
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
lift, rims, spacer, wheel

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wheel backspacing/offset charts FX4 Wheels and Tires 12 11-05-2016 09:38 PM
wheel backspacing with djm 4/5 drop grzmnky Lowered Suspension 0 05-02-2013 06:56 PM
Wheel questions - offset backspacing moparenthuz Wheels and Tires 0 07-13-2012 09:23 AM
Wheel backspacing? Wiscy Wheels and Tires 6 04-06-2011 08:36 AM
is a body lift or a suspension lift better for a 2 wheel drive ford ranger? cooper c Lifted Suspension 2 11-29-2008 04:11 PM