Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #16  
Old 11-25-2009, 08:14 AM
blueovelboy blueovelboy is offline
GO SHARKS
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,523
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay FX4 View Post
Undercover covers are neither plastic nor fiberglass. It's a polymer. That's the advantage of Unndercover over fiberglass tonneaus. Ultra strong and ultra lightweight. I was able to take it off/on by myself...2 weeks after back surgery.
I obviously had issues with mine peeling, but I haven't heard of anyone else having that problem. My situation was probably just a fluke, and it was already on the truck when I bought it used, so I don't know the story behind it. But Undercover is definitely the best hard cover out there, IMO.
oh polymer sorry what did i say plastic? ok could you post picks? and dude at mikes trucks outfitters said the only reason he had to repaint was thay didn't get all the armor all or su 2000 or back to black off the top. and this made the paint bubble and pop off. so i would think prep was key to this. i might do it still get the cover and paint it to match!
__________________
Jay's
09 XL reg cab
L4 2.3 , 40 series flowmaster , tinted windows 5% back 35% sides ,muffler removed from air box mod ,and ac on off switch mod , blinker mod, avs window vent shades
coming soon! k&n drop in/fiberglass bed cover/bed sprayed liner
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-25-2009, 08:20 AM
olfordtruck olfordtruck is offline
Ford Enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 501
Default

Quote:
I was able to take it off/on by myself...2 weeks after back surgery.
Amazing how light that sucker is!

Quote:
I obviously had issues with mine peeling, but I haven't heard of anyone else having that problem. My situation was probably just a fluke, and it was already on the truck when I bought it used, so I don't know the story behind it. But Undercover is definitely the best hard cover out there, IMO.
I havent had any peelig problems at all. The previous owner might have put something on t and it didnt adhere to it very well. And hell yes... it is 100% the best!!! Especially when you have half naked girls dancing on it! lol
__________________
2003 Ford Ranger Edge 3.0L Vulcan Auto Tranny
MAC Performance Ram Air Intake
Flowmaster Super 44 w/ tailpipe before the wheel
Interior and Exterior LED w/ music interface
Ford Racing front and rear Sway Bars
Limited Slip with 4.10 gears


http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3114321
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-25-2009, 09:13 AM
Buddythetruck Buddythetruck is offline
Eat-Sleep-Mod
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 235
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by olfordtruck View Post
Especially when you have half naked girls dancing on it! lol
One avantage of a fiberglass cover, it keeps fat chicks off. Where as your undercover could support quite a few fat chicks :P.
__________________
1997 Ranger XLT GREEN SOLD.
Sony HU: Infinity 6X8's: painted interior vinyl: reupholstered and painted door panels: new vinyl floor: fo-diamond plate behind seats: Suede headliner: Two tone black/tan interior: fiberglass OHC: Black Explorer visors w/ upgraded mirrors: painted grill w/ mesh in grill: locking tonneau: 10" kicker sub: pioneer amp: racing stripes: blacked out tailights: custom paint on rims and hubcaps: Painted bumpers: rocker stripes: More mods that won't fit
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-25-2009, 09:17 AM
olfordtruck olfordtruck is offline
Ford Enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 501
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddythetruck View Post
One avantage of a fiberglass cover, it keeps fat chicks off. Where as your undercover could support quite a few fat chicks :P.
touche to that! haha I hung out with all the good ole southern girls of the high school that wore the, oh so nice, daisy duke shorts and short skirts! lol

Good times at Ocean Lakes HS!
__________________
2003 Ford Ranger Edge 3.0L Vulcan Auto Tranny
MAC Performance Ram Air Intake
Flowmaster Super 44 w/ tailpipe before the wheel
Interior and Exterior LED w/ music interface
Ford Racing front and rear Sway Bars
Limited Slip with 4.10 gears


http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3114321
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 11-25-2009, 10:02 AM
Jay FX4 Jay FX4 is offline
▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,511
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueovelboy View Post
oh polymer sorry what did i say plastic? ok could you post picks? and dude at mikes trucks outfitters said the only reason he had to repaint was thay didn't get all the armor all or su 2000 or back to black off the top. and this made the paint bubble and pop off. so i would think prep was key to this. i might do it still get the cover and paint it to match!
There are pics on the previous page. Post #9. I'm still going to take better pics of the finished product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by olfordtruck View Post
I havent had any peelig problems at all. The previous owner might have put something on t and it didnt adhere to it very well. And hell yes... it is 100% the best!!! Especially when you have half naked girls dancing on it! lol
Yeah it's possible it's something the previous owner did. I did a lot of searching online, and couldn't find anything about anyone else having the same problem.

I haven't had any half naked chicks dancing on mine....yet.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger Dave (B25) View Post
Our foreign policy is laughable at best. As is the recipient of this years Cracker-Jacks prize for 'peace.'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toms984x4 View Post
NOS for teh horse powaz!!!
ɹǝʌo ǝɯ dılɟ
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 11-25-2009, 05:18 PM
blueovelboy blueovelboy is offline
GO SHARKS
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,523
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by olfordtruck View Post
And hell yes... it is 100% the best!!! Especially when you have half naked girls dancing on it! lol
that goes for any thing !
__________________
Jay's
09 XL reg cab
L4 2.3 , 40 series flowmaster , tinted windows 5% back 35% sides ,muffler removed from air box mod ,and ac on off switch mod , blinker mod, avs window vent shades
coming soon! k&n drop in/fiberglass bed cover/bed sprayed liner
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Interior Paint RangerGirl Interior Tech 35 05-31-2010 10:22 PM
paint color? 96splash/09sport Interior Tech 7 10-05-2009 08:15 PM
bolt key under dash furball2119 Interior Tech 5 10-03-2009 02:40 PM
what do i paint it with blueovelboy Exterior Tech 8 09-22-2009 08:23 AM
Behind the dash Clem Interior Tech 0 08-25-2009 04:42 AM