Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #481  
Old 09-04-2015, 09:18 AM
noflers noflers is offline
Ford Motor Co
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 171
Default Re: Seats that fit in the Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeymike101 View Post
If I am readin this right which i hope i am, any mustang seats will fit in a ranger. so my question is will those mustang seats fit in a mazda 2002 b4000
I need to know also, I'm in basically the same situation. Picking up some 02 mustang buckets today so I can put them in my 99 xlt standard cab. Driver seat is powered, passenger is not. I'm hearing things about air bag sockets and what not. What can I expect?
__________________
1999 Ranger, Automatic
Reply With Quote
  #482  
Old 09-23-2015, 10:10 AM
thorr97 thorr97 is offline
Learning to use the forums
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 11
Default Re: Seats that fit in the Ranger

Hello all!

I just replaced the driver's seat on my 96 XLT supercab. Again. This is the fifth? sixth? time I've done so. She's got over a quarter mil on her so I'm not terribly surprised at the number of times I've had to replace the driver's seat. The passenger's is still stock.

I'm faced with a problem though that all of the junkyard seats are also now just about as old as my truck and thus they're all pretty worn out.

The more recent seats - the ones which have more life left in them - don't fit my '96. I think I could go up to a '97 to drop in.

So, where to buy either an entirely new seat or at least the replacement parts to make the current seat "sit-able" again?

Ford has "obsoleted" the seat back and seat cushion parts so this can no longer be from Ford.

Any suggestions here? I'm not looking to mod my truck or to go for bucket seats and thus have to make some replacement center cosole thing. I simply want to keep what I've got but make it bearable whilst driving.

Thanks,

Madoc
__________________
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I've a green 2WD '96 XLT Supercab with a standard bed and the standard (i.e. weak) engine. It's my baby though and I'm pretty happy with it!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Reply With Quote
  #483  
Old 09-23-2015, 03:08 PM
Bob C. of Indiana Bob C. of Indiana is offline
Older Than Dirt !
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 4,860
Default Re: Seats that fit in the Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorr97 View Post
Hello all!

I just replaced the driver's seat on my 96 XLT supercab. Again. This is the fifth? sixth? time I've done so. She's got over a quarter mil on her so I'm not terribly surprised at the number of times I've had to replace the driver's seat. The passenger's is still stock.

I'm faced with a problem though that all of the junkyard seats are also now just about as old as my truck and thus they're all pretty worn out.

The more recent seats - the ones which have more life left in them - don't fit my '96. I think I could go up to a '97 to drop in.

So, where to buy either an entirely new seat or at least the replacement parts to make the current seat "sit-able" again?

Ford has "obsoleted" the seat back and seat cushion parts so this can no longer be from Ford.

Any suggestions here? I'm not looking to mod my truck or to go for bucket seats and thus have to make some replacement center cosole thing. I simply want to keep what I've got but make it bearable whilst driving.

Thanks,

Madoc
Sounds like a simple fix at a reputable upholstery shop could handle.
Reply With Quote
  #484  
Old 09-25-2015, 12:27 AM
ZacktheBlackRanger ZacktheBlackRanger is offline
Sure, why not.
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 183
Default

I've only got 4 minutes left on my break so I don't have time to read 33 pages of replies to see if anyone has asked about newer model Rangers. If I want new buckets for my 2007 XLT ext cab that currently has 60/40 split bench, what are my options?
__________________
2007 XLT Supercab 4X4 V6 4.0L SOHC 5 Speed - KHUMO 265/75/R16 Road Venture A/T's - PA 3" Body Lift - 2" Tbar crank - Cherry Bomb side exit exhaust - Air box mod - Various blue painted interior - Blue headlight mod - Blinker mod - Throttle cable mod.

------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordzilla80 View Post
If a chart said you were straight, but you know you like dick, would you still believe the chart?
Reply With Quote
  #485  
Old 09-25-2015, 12:33 AM
sole sole is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 6,277
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZacktheBlackRanger View Post
I've only got 4 minutes left on my break so I don't have time to read 33 pages of replies to see if anyone has asked about newer model Rangers. If I want new buckets for my 2007 XLT ext cab that currently has 60/40 split bench, what are my options?
expo seats from 96-2001 is about the easiest you can get. Idk if your truck has the keyed passenger air bag switch but if it doesn't it's a pressure switch in the seat itself. And when you swap seats the whole system will disable itself.
__________________
Black 2008 ranger sport 4.0 SOHC SAS'd and converted to 4x4 riding on a Dana 50 up front and a sterling 10.50 in the rear regeared with 5.13's, mickey thompson classic 3's rapped in 37x12.50 maxxis creepy crawlers
Reply With Quote
  #486  
Old 09-25-2015, 12:38 AM
ZacktheBlackRanger ZacktheBlackRanger is offline
Sure, why not.
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 183
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sole View Post
expo seats from 96-2001 is about the easiest you can get. Idk if your truck has the keyed passenger air bag switch but if it doesn't it's a pressure switch in the seat itself. And when you swap seats the whole system will disable itself.
Mine has the switch. I may just swap driver side. I'm gonna have seat covers at all times. I'm just not sure yet. But thank you for clearing that up.
__________________
2007 XLT Supercab 4X4 V6 4.0L SOHC 5 Speed - KHUMO 265/75/R16 Road Venture A/T's - PA 3" Body Lift - 2" Tbar crank - Cherry Bomb side exit exhaust - Air box mod - Various blue painted interior - Blue headlight mod - Blinker mod - Throttle cable mod.

------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordzilla80 View Post
If a chart said you were straight, but you know you like dick, would you still believe the chart?
Reply With Quote
  #487  
Old 09-25-2015, 12:38 PM
sole sole is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 6,277
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZacktheBlackRanger View Post
Mine has the switch. I may just swap driver side. I'm gonna have seat covers at all times. I'm just not sure yet. But thank you for clearing that up.
as far as just to get rid of the center console? There's a mod for that lol. If you flip your seat over there's a single "u" shaped metal bar that you can cut out, then remove the foam in the seat and safety clip the extra seat fabric down.
__________________
Black 2008 ranger sport 4.0 SOHC SAS'd and converted to 4x4 riding on a Dana 50 up front and a sterling 10.50 in the rear regeared with 5.13's, mickey thompson classic 3's rapped in 37x12.50 maxxis creepy crawlers
Reply With Quote
  #488  
Old 09-25-2015, 02:55 PM
ZacktheBlackRanger ZacktheBlackRanger is offline
Sure, why not.
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 183
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sole View Post
as far as just to get rid of the center console? There's a mod for that lol. If you flip your seat over there's a single "u" shaped metal bar that you can cut out, then remove the foam in the seat and safety clip the extra seat fabric down.
I am for sure doing that. In the future, I'm thinking seat swap to possibly leather. Easier to clean when you work in a dirt factory.
__________________
2007 XLT Supercab 4X4 V6 4.0L SOHC 5 Speed - KHUMO 265/75/R16 Road Venture A/T's - PA 3" Body Lift - 2" Tbar crank - Cherry Bomb side exit exhaust - Air box mod - Various blue painted interior - Blue headlight mod - Blinker mod - Throttle cable mod.

------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordzilla80 View Post
If a chart said you were straight, but you know you like dick, would you still believe the chart?
Reply With Quote
  #489  
Old 09-30-2015, 01:14 PM
UltraHDGames UltraHDGames is offline
B2300 Dual Sport
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 1,049
Default Re: Seats that fit in the Ranger

Has anyone made power mountaineer seats work in a regular cab? Found a pair in mint shape but unsure if they'll fit
__________________
31" Dc Fun Country | Pro comp 51 15" 3.75 B/S | 4" Lift | Bilstein Shocks | Century Cap/Explorer Rails | 8.8 4:10 Torsen Lsd
Kenwood Double Din | Amped Jl C2 5X7 Speakers | Kicker 10" Bass station | Explorer OHC/Full Length Console/Visors/ Silver Hvac
Reply With Quote
  #490  
Old 09-30-2015, 08:11 PM
UltraHDGames UltraHDGames is offline
B2300 Dual Sport
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 1,049
Default Re: Seats that fit in the Ranger

amyone? Need to know by tomorrow
__________________
31" Dc Fun Country | Pro comp 51 15" 3.75 B/S | 4" Lift | Bilstein Shocks | Century Cap/Explorer Rails | 8.8 4:10 Torsen Lsd
Kenwood Double Din | Amped Jl C2 5X7 Speakers | Kicker 10" Bass station | Explorer OHC/Full Length Console/Visors/ Silver Hvac
Reply With Quote
  #491  
Old 10-21-2015, 05:38 AM
graveskiel graveskiel is offline
Ford Ranger Owner
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 58
Default Re: Seats that fit in the Ranger

Okay I have a 2005 ext cab and I picked up a pair of 98 explorer power seats. From what I've read on this post (over and over and over again), these seats should bolt right in. Not true, at least for me. The holes don't line up at all. I started drilling the holes that didn't quite line up, and after looking at it again, there is no way this can be done. I would have to drill the hole all the way out to the point that it would be a U instead of an O, if that makes any sense. I have also read that 93-97 seat tracks will bolt on to the seats to be installed, and those will bolt right into the floor. Is this true for my truck? I just spent $100 on these badass leather seats, and I would love to actually be able to use them.
__________________
2005 XLT 2x4 3.0L V6 Ext. Cab. 5/4 drop, Mustang rims, green leds under dash and seats, dual touchscreen head unit, 2 JL Audio 12w1v2-8 12" subs, Kenwood amp, Kicker KSS5 5.25" components, Kicker DX 200.4 amp, k&n 57-2560 CAI, Halo CCFL headlights, smoked LED tail lights, Explorer leather power seats
Reply With Quote
  #492  
Old 01-10-2016, 08:34 AM
epicelite epicelite is offline
How do I drove car?
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 729
Default Re: Seats that fit in the Ranger

01 Explorer -> 02 Ranger swap

"Swap the tracks." but the tracks arent swap-able...?

Do you mean just the bottom of the tracks, just the pieces that bolt to the floor and re-use the rest of the Explorer seat tracks?
So I still need the Explorer seat tracks?

Because I was told "Just swap the tracks" so when I got my Explorer seats at the junkyard I took the tracks off so they would be cheaper. How silly of me to think I wouldn't need them.
__________________
2002 Ranger XL - Regular Cab - 2.3 - Automatic - ~200,000 Mi
MODIFICATIONS: Mustang Dome / Stepside bed / Mustang mesh headliner thing / Oh-Shit handles / Expedition Rear View Mirror / Explorer Sport-Trac wheels
COMING EVENTUALLY: OHC / Engine bay LED light strips / Front Crossmember+Tow hooks
Reply With Quote
  #493  
Old 01-10-2016, 11:49 AM
Kealel Kealel is offline
Bringing hell to the city
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 2,013
Default Re: Seats that fit in the Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by epicelite View Post
01 Explorer -> 02 Ranger swap

"Swap the tracks." but the tracks arent swap-able...?

Do you mean just the bottom of the tracks, just the pieces that bolt to the floor and re-use the rest of the Explorer seat tracks?
So I still need the Explorer seat tracks?

Because I was told "Just swap the tracks" so when I got my Explorer seats at the junkyard I took the tracks off so they would be cheaper. How silly of me to think I wouldn't need them.
Ok... If you have an extended cab you can just bolt up the seats from the expo (if it was a 4 door) to your truck.

If you have a single cab or the seats are not from a 4 door, the tracks come off of the expo seats (bolted on) but you need Ranger seats older than 97 to use as in 98+ they are welded on...
__________________
If you're looking for fun, follow the rednecks
Baby Girl: 2006 White Ranger XL with many memories. R.I.P. 1/26/15
Penguin: 2002 Black Ranger XLT 3.SLOW Birthday Buddy ~ Dad's DD >Penguin's Build<
River: 2003 Blue Ranger EDGE 5 speed STICK 3.GO >Building my Girl<
He said it not me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan03CO View Post
I knew you were an alright guy!
Reply With Quote
  #494  
Old 01-10-2016, 01:00 PM
Mike69 Mike69 is offline
Another old fart
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 6,439
Default Re: Seats that fit in the Ranger

My last 2000 Ranger I put Explorer bucket seats in it from a 2 door Explorer Sport & did not have to change the seat tracks.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kealel View Post
Ok... If you have an extended cab you can just bolt up the seats from the expo (if it was a 4 door) to your truck.

If you have a single cab or the seats are not from a 4 door, the tracks come off of the expo seats (bolted on) but you need Ranger seats older than 97 to use as in 98+ they are welded on...
No seat tracks are welded on.
__________________
2000 Ranger Extd Cab XLT, 4X4 Off Road, 4.0L, Auto, L/S 8.8 - 4.10's, PW, PL, PM, Cruise, Tilt, Bucket Seats, & Shorty Console (My DD)
Build thread http://www.fordrangerforum.com/proje...oad-build.html
69 Mustang(project) 5.0, T-5, 9" rear.
99 Explorer Sport, 4.0 SOHC, Auto, 8.8 - 4.10's, PW, PL, PM, Cruise, Tilt. (Wife's DD)
Build thread http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/...=429940&page=4
Reply With Quote
  #495  
Old 01-10-2016, 01:03 PM
Kealel Kealel is offline
Bringing hell to the city
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 2,013
Default Re: Seats that fit in the Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike69 View Post
My last 2000 Ranger I put Explorer bucket seats in it from a 2 door Explorer Sport & did not have to change the seat tracks.

----------



No seat tracks are welded on.
Sorry if I am not completely accurate, I studied this a lot when I was getting new seats for my 02, but only ever messed with my Ranger seats... And you're right, they aren't welded... I can't exactly remember what makes them different but they are hard to swap
__________________
If you're looking for fun, follow the rednecks
Baby Girl: 2006 White Ranger XL with many memories. R.I.P. 1/26/15
Penguin: 2002 Black Ranger XLT 3.SLOW Birthday Buddy ~ Dad's DD >Penguin's Build<
River: 2003 Blue Ranger EDGE 5 speed STICK 3.GO >Building my Girl<
He said it not me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan03CO View Post
I knew you were an alright guy!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Will explorer seats fit in to a ranger Jamie Interior Tech 16 11-22-2012 04:15 PM
Want to Buy: Seats to fit a 97 Ranger Dan Woodland Interior Parts 0 09-28-2010 10:56 AM
what seats fit 2000 ranger? JakeR Interior Tech 3 06-04-2010 08:01 PM
Will exployer sport trac seats fit in my 99 Ranger? uajosh Interior Tech 8 04-06-2010 10:23 PM
1998 ranger seats do fit in a 1989 ranger............With modification STL Exhaust and Mufflers 0 07-15-2009 07:11 PM