Alright, well here are most of the pictures from the project. I am sorry for the wait, I've just been busy this past week. I have to admit I was very worried about this project and went back and forth with it. Now though I realized it was a great idea. Haha. It turned out awsome as far as I'm concerned. Total hours into it around 19, but well worth it. I know the biggest worry was probably the smell, yet after almost a week of curing the smell is 90% gone I would say. I prety well anticipate it to completely disapear with a few more days.
After removing the seats.
There was a padding down that had to go. Just used a razor and some WD40 and it came right off.
After the padding was removed. This was the "O $+!7" point for me.
All I can say is pre work is a must. I probably put in 3 hours on the prep alone. Atleast just sanding and cleaning. The scotch pads they include are a complete joke(atleast I didnt think they were doing much) I poured Acetone into the scratch pad and went over a section real quick the sanded the hell out of it and made my way around the truck. I sanded until everything was nice and dull. I took a cloth and wiped everything down with Acetone and allowed it to dry.
Alright, now my buddy asked me why tape everything off(around the edges) if your not gonna be able to see it anyway. My reasoning was just to keep it clean, I didnt want to go crazy and get everything messy. At first I hand tightned the seat bolts in and taped off around them, first coat sucked doing it like this. I recomend just cutting out tape and placing it over the holes. I did this on round two and not only did it make it faster it also made it easier.
For whatever you may use Herculiner for, just remember the first coat sucks. This stuff rolls on just like paint and the first coat is just that base coat. I let it dry for 2 hours just to be safe.
After the second coat. Nice and "full" coat. I layed it on pretty thick for this.
Here is a close up.
I've got a few more pictures I gotta upload and throw on here, but the little stuff is all your not seeing. Panels went back in like they were supposed to and matched up nice a flush. I ran the wires so that they were nice and hid. The only exception is the wires running down the center. Not enough slack, so just put a plastic coating on it. Also keep the Herculiner handy, I went back to put the panels back on and I missed a few spots and had to touch it up.