Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #1  
Old 10-06-2018, 07:51 AM
jkelley1001 jkelley1001 is offline
Learning to use the forums
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 3
Default Aftermarket Seats

I"m looking to replace the seats in my 99 Ranger XLT Standard cab. Does anyone have an idea as to what would be the most comfortable? I"ve seen "Racing Seats" advertised on both Ebay and Amazon, but am leery of the low price. I"d rather pay a little more for a quality comfortable seat.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-07-2018, 07:02 AM
Old Jim Old Jim is offline
Learning to use the forums
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 12
Default Re: Aftermarket Seats

When the drivers seat got uncomfortable in my 2000 XLT Ranger, I found several sets in junk yards, but not electric versions. Good luck,
__________________
2011 XLT 4x4, Super Cab 4.0, auto, General Grabber AT-2s, working on it!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-08-2018, 01:22 AM
Undrstm8ed Undrstm8ed is offline
Habenae Est Dominatus
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,864
Default Re: Aftermarket Seats

Unless you're looking for a race type seat, they'll hold you in great but def not comfortable for long periods of time, if you of any substantial size, over 6ft even less. If you CCW or Open carry they def arent comfy at all.

You would be better to find Mustang GT seats, Escort pr Escort GT seats, XR4Ti, or dabble in the Explorer/Sport Trak/mountaneer avenues for closer to stock fit but with some upgrades..
__________________
_______________________

My Build Pg. Threads
+ 93' Ranger Overlanding Build
+ 94' Ranger Bed Overlanding Trailer Build
+ 12 North Industries ~ I Support
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-14-2019, 04:15 PM
SBh2oMan SBh2oMan is offline
Ford Ranger Owner
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 68
Default Re: Aftermarket Seats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undrstm8ed View Post
Unless you're looking for a race type seat, they'll hold you in great but def not comfortable for long periods of time, if you of any substantial size, over 6ft even less. If you CCW or Open carry they def arent comfy at all.

You would be better to find Mustang GT seats, Escort pr Escort GT seats, XR4Ti, or dabble in the Explorer/Sport Trak/mountaneer avenues for closer to stock fit but with some upgrades..
I'm fairly sure Explorer seats are a direct bolt-in replacement. Might be kinda cool to find some leather seats that are powered. Those would be comfy... (and easy to wire up - they would just require power).

Yup, just found this:
http://www.rangerforum.com/threads/s...ur-ranger.781/

I just did a quick online search of salvage yards in California and it looks like the going rate for a set of leather seats in "A" condition is $250 or so.

Last edited by SBh2oMan; 01-14-2019 at 04:37 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-06-2019, 05:42 PM
LITEONE LITEONE is offline
Learning to use the forums
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 1
Default Re: Aftermarket Seats

I am also looking for replacement seats for our 1998 Standard Cab Ranger. Some one told us the Extend Cab Ranger Seats are not compatible with standard cab seats. I have been to six or more junk yards, and all the seats there, are always worn out on driver side left rear corner, were a steel rod has worn it way out of the fabric.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-06-2019, 06:03 PM
IA Transplant IA Transplant is offline
Spray Painted Ranger
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 71
Default Re: Aftermarket Seats

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkelley1001 View Post
I"m looking to replace the seats in my 99 Ranger XLT Standard cab. Does anyone have an idea as to what would be the most comfortable? I"ve seen "Racing Seats" advertised on both Ebay and Amazon, but am leery of the low price. I"d rather pay a little more for a quality comfortable seat.
If you're into that kind of stuff, Im sure you can swap in some nice explorer seats. idk how much better they will be though
__________________
2001 Ranger XLT 2wd | 18" TSW Sonomas
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-06-2019, 10:20 PM
Bird76Mojo Bird76Mojo is offline
troll extraordinaire
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 614
Default Re: Aftermarket Seats

Quote:
Originally Posted by LITEONE View Post
I am also looking for replacement seats for our 1998 Standard Cab Ranger. Some one told us the Extend Cab Ranger Seats are not compatible with standard cab seats. I have been to six or more junk yards, and all the seats there, are always worn out on driver side left rear corner, were a steel rod has worn it way out of the fabric.
They're not directly compatible. I swapped 2004 extended cab seats in to my 2001 standard cab. It was a long, two-full-day day swap. It involved a lot of cutting of the seat tracks and re-welding in various spots. The tracks were too long and the mounts were in the wrong spot. The tracks wouldn't just swap between the seats either. Also, the seat belt latches, the bolts that hold them to the seat, were not a direct swap. The bolt had to be turned down on the shank.

There's also less room in the cab and the seats don't lay back quite as much due to the thicker 2004 headrests. The 2001 standard cab headrest portion of the seats were much thinner.

I wouldn't attempt that swap ever again.



GB
__________________
2001 Edge Regular cab, auto 4.0L 4x4 4.10LS 8.8

1987 standard cab w/92 5.0/T5Z 31 spline 8.8 w/Torsen

1989 Regular cab longbed, manual 2.9 4x4 - Parts BroncoII's x 3

Last edited by Bird76Mojo; 03-07-2019 at 12:14 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-07-2019, 06:32 AM
Mikerider Mikerider is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,805
Default Re: Aftermarket Seats



I went with corbeau Baja XRS seats mounted to explorer seat tracks. They have worked great over the years


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Supercharged and DBR long travel 2003 FX4 on 305/70R16 MTRs, Torsen LS FR ECTED RR 4.56 Yukons with cobra brakes, lots of expo parts and other mods

Build thread http://www.fordrangerforum.com/proje...cue-truck.html

Support Search and Rescue ... GET LOST!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bucket seats, seats

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Aftermarket seats (with 5 point harness) or Explorer/Mustang seats? Carpe Demon Interior Tech 9 05-26-2013 01:05 AM
Aftermarket seats and air bags functioning SGB Interior Tech 2 01-20-2012 04:32 PM
2003 Level II Seats, or 2008 Seats TomN Interior Tech 13 01-06-2012 04:10 PM
For Trade: EXPLORER Sport Trac Seats for Ranger Seats HoustonM Misc Items 6 02-22-2011 05:49 AM
I need to find seats for a 1990 Ford Ranger. How can I make seats from another... Jesse Interior Tech 2 02-17-2011 02:57 PM