Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #1  
Old 04-23-2018, 08:48 PM
idahoRedRanger idahoRedRanger is offline
Broke Car Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 444
Default Removing jump seats to add storage

What kind of things can I make or get for adding some decent storage from removing the jump seats?
__________________
Project log
99 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 3.0L
Autobot name:Rubeo Bestia(latin for little red beast)
135 amp alternator, 4.0 air intake tube, air box mod, 235/75-15 Hankook Dynapro, 01-03 conversion, buggman LEDs, throttle cable mod
I take photos for fun
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-24-2018, 12:34 AM
Undrstm8ed Undrstm8ed is offline
Habenae Est Dominatus
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,450
Default Re: Removing jump seats to add storage

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahoRedRanger View Post
What kind of things can I make or get for adding some decent storage from removing the jump seats?
  • 8" Sub in a sealed enclosure (passenger side recommended)
  • Moderate sized mobile first responder first aid kit (driver side recommended)
  • Locking Fiberglass lined cavity made to look like the jump seat (driver side recommended)
  • DC/AC power inverter & 12V panel (passenger side recommended)
  • Dual Locking Fiberglass lined cavities made to look like Jump seat (both sides)
  • Custom basket meant to hold recovery gear

Off the cuff... I need to think more.
__________________
"The slave is held most securely when he is held by the chains of his own will and of his own fears, and when he is locked down by his own slavish desires for a comfortable life." - Michael Bunker

- 93' Ranger, Overland Build thread http://www.fordrangerforum.com/proje...ing-build.html - 12 North Industries
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-24-2018, 08:29 PM
idahoRedRanger idahoRedRanger is offline
Broke Car Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 444
Default Re: Removing jump seats to add storage

Funny you make mention of a sub.. my friend gave me a 10 or 12 inch(not sure which) sub the other day. Not sure it'll be for this truck though lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undrstm8ed View Post
  • 8" Sub in a sealed enclosure (passenger side recommended)
  • Moderate sized mobile first responder first aid kit (driver side recommended)
  • Locking Fiberglass lined cavity made to look like the jump seat (driver side recommended)
  • DC/AC power inverter & 12V panel (passenger side recommended)
  • Dual Locking Fiberglass lined cavities made to look like Jump seat (both sides)
  • Custom basket meant to hold recovery gear

Off the cuff... I need to think more.
----------

Do you happen to have any of the interior stuff you talked about in your truck?
__________________
Project log
99 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 3.0L
Autobot name:Rubeo Bestia(latin for little red beast)
135 amp alternator, 4.0 air intake tube, air box mod, 235/75-15 Hankook Dynapro, 01-03 conversion, buggman LEDs, throttle cable mod
I take photos for fun
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-25-2018, 01:41 AM
Undrstm8ed Undrstm8ed is offline
Habenae Est Dominatus
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,450
Default Re: Removing jump seats to add storage

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahoRedRanger View Post
Funny you make mention of a sub.. my friend gave me a 10 or 12 inch(not sure which) sub the other day. Not sure it'll be for this truck though lol

----------

Do you happen to have any of the interior stuff you talked about in your truck?
Yes, or in progress and entirely in a different manner. I'm a standard cab.

So progress is a 19 layer/NO standing waves sub enclosure for a single 8" sub.. Done the 10" I've done but enclosure type and size makes a huge difference. Ive had to put it on the back burner waiting for special tooling and other small fires centered around bits and pieces needed first or in intervals of the work.

Already have a first responders trauma kit and a first aid kit. among a host of other items meant for disappearing into the desert or mountain wilderness for a few weeks at a time if needed.

Recovery gear also being another project in lieu of new windows in the Flip-pac allowing for side access to the topper. And in the custom drawer setup plans, there's an provision for an DC/AC Pure sine wave inverter that has not only solar-input to help with feeding the 3 batteries but a Shore plug as well in the power system... lots of cool gadgets.
__________________
"The slave is held most securely when he is held by the chains of his own will and of his own fears, and when he is locked down by his own slavish desires for a comfortable life." - Michael Bunker

- 93' Ranger, Overland Build thread http://www.fordrangerforum.com/proje...ing-build.html - 12 North Industries
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-25-2018, 07:10 AM
idahoRedRanger idahoRedRanger is offline
Broke Car Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 444
Default Re: Removing jump seats to add storage

Do you mind sharing some photos or links for the stuff?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undrstm8ed View Post
Yes, or in progress and entirely in a different manner. I'm a standard cab.

So progress is a 19 layer/NO standing waves sub enclosure for a single 8" sub.. Done the 10" I've done but enclosure type and size makes a huge difference. Ive had to put it on the back burner waiting for special tooling and other small fires centered around bits and pieces needed first or in intervals of the work.

Already have a first responders trauma kit and a first aid kit. among a host of other items meant for disappearing into the desert or mountain wilderness for a few weeks at a time if needed.

Recovery gear also being another project in lieu of new windows in the Flip-pac allowing for side access to the topper. And in the custom drawer setup plans, there's an provision for an DC/AC Pure sine wave inverter that has not only solar-input to help with feeding the 3 batteries but a Shore plug as well in the power system... lots of cool gadgets.
__________________
Project log
99 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 3.0L
Autobot name:Rubeo Bestia(latin for little red beast)
135 amp alternator, 4.0 air intake tube, air box mod, 235/75-15 Hankook Dynapro, 01-03 conversion, buggman LEDs, throttle cable mod
I take photos for fun
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-26-2018, 12:21 AM
Undrstm8ed Undrstm8ed is offline
Habenae Est Dominatus
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,450
Default Re: Removing jump seats to add storage

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahoRedRanger View Post
Do you mind sharing some photos or links for the stuff?
Quite a bit of it to start in my build page in my signature. New things added relatively often. Shortened revision/rewrite can be found on https://ford-rangers.com/forum45/74.html I generally update there first last few months then here but I'm sure I've left a thing or two out.

always in/out of a ongoing project for progress. Takes me longer because I'm stubborn and won't cut a corner if there is something I really want to have as a feature or a particular product.. Usually affixed with a cost penalty and because of that.. yea
__________________
"The slave is held most securely when he is held by the chains of his own will and of his own fears, and when he is locked down by his own slavish desires for a comfortable life." - Michael Bunker

- 93' Ranger, Overland Build thread http://www.fordrangerforum.com/proje...ing-build.html - 12 North Industries

Last edited by Undrstm8ed; 04-26-2018 at 12:23 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-26-2018, 06:14 PM
idahoRedRanger idahoRedRanger is offline
Broke Car Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 444
Default Re: Removing jump seats to add storage

Fair enough. I'll start digging through and see if i can find anything
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undrstm8ed View Post
Quite a bit of it to start in my build page in my signature. New things added relatively often. Shortened revision/rewrite can be found on https://ford-rangers.com/forum45/74.html I generally update there first last few months then here but I'm sure I've left a thing or two out.

always in/out of a ongoing project for progress. Takes me longer because I'm stubborn and won't cut a corner if there is something I really want to have as a feature or a particular product.. Usually affixed with a cost penalty and because of that.. yea
__________________
Project log
99 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 3.0L
Autobot name:Rubeo Bestia(latin for little red beast)
135 amp alternator, 4.0 air intake tube, air box mod, 235/75-15 Hankook Dynapro, 01-03 conversion, buggman LEDs, throttle cable mod
I take photos for fun
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mount amp in jump seat storage pocket Convict1997 Audio / Video 1 09-28-2016 06:05 PM
Installing Jump Seats in a Non-Jump Seat Truck 2004xlmiller Interior Tech 26 02-27-2014 11:30 PM
Subs in the jump seat storage holes? Striker36 Audio / Video 20 08-26-2012 08:38 PM
Removed jump seats first try at storage conversion osage201 General Ford Ranger Discussion 0 06-30-2012 11:50 AM
Removing the Jump Seats HP Lefler Interior Tech 5 05-26-2011 10:00 PM