Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #1  
Old 04-12-2016, 12:38 PM
olred94 olred94 is offline
Liking the Ford Ranger Forum
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 22
Default

Does anybody have a roof console like the one below? I need blueprints or dimensions or just a simple step by step process of anybody has them. Thank you!

Would also like to keep my dome light!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image-1202901348.jpg (20.9 KB, 127 views)
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-13-2016, 02:29 PM
TB-9862 TB-9862 is offline
"How hard could it be?"
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,179
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by olred94 View Post
Does anybody have a roof console like the one below? I need blueprints or dimensions or just a simple step by step process of anybody has them. Thank you!

Would also like to keep my dome light!
Yep, that's actually my truck you've got pictured there lol

Two things to keep in mind are that this OHC is designed to fit WITHOUT a headliner and it mounts using four 3/8" bolts THRU the roof. I'm sure you could alter it to fit your needs tho. I'll look around and see if I have any sort of plans, altho I think I may have written them down on a piece of cardboard and since thrown it away
__________________
Dennis Brady

Black 2001 4x2 XLT Supercab 3.0 "Shadow" - WIA

Black 2001 4x4 EDGE Supercab 4.0 ('Body donor' for Shadow lol)

Build thread:
http://www.fordrangerforum.com/proje...adow-redo.html
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-14-2016, 12:25 PM
olred94 olred94 is offline
Liking the Ford Ranger Forum
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB-9862 View Post
Yep, that's actually my truck you've got pictured there lol Two things to keep in mind are that this OHC is designed to fit WITHOUT a headliner and it mounts using four 3/8" bolts THRU the roof. I'm sure you could alter it to fit your needs tho. I'll look around and see if I have any sort of plans, altho I think I may have written them down on a piece of cardboard and since thrown it away
I do really like the console set up! I'd do something very similar but try to keep my headliner as well, if not I'll just cut it and then work with it!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-20-2016, 01:26 PM
christiandevin97@gmail.co christiandevin97@gmail.co is offline
Ford Tough
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 243
Default

Hey I'd be interested in how you sealed the through the roof holes
__________________
Hey, I have a 2000 ford ranger XLT, off-road edition, 4.0L, V6 engine and I'm 17
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-23-2016, 05:45 AM
TB-9862 TB-9862 is offline
"How hard could it be?"
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,179
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by olred94 View Post
I do really like the console set up! I'd do something very similar but try to keep my headliner as well, if not I'll just cut it and then work with it!
If all depends on what you want to put in there. Mine houses switches, more interior lights, backup camera monitor, CB external speaker, GPS, medkit, and a place to mount my handheld radio. It works great for everything. Decide what you want to put in there and where you want to put it, then cut up some cardboard and draw a rough template. I can give you rough overall dimensions for mine next time I'm in the truck

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by christiandevin97@gmail.co View Post
Hey I'd be interested in how you sealed the through the roof holes
DAP automotive/marine silicone, the clear stuff. That's what I've used to seal all the holes in my rig and believe me there are plenty lol.

From the top of the truck: 3/8" hex head bolt with fender washer goes thru the roof. Silicone bolt head to washer and washer to roof. Inside there is another fender washer and a 3/8 nut; again silicone washer to inside roof. The nut clamps it all together and seals the hole. There should still be an inch or better thread left after the nut, and this is where you mount the console. Slide up a regular washer onto the stud, then your console, another washer, and finally a nut. I only bolted the TOP panel on my OHC, so the nuts are inside and don't compress the console when tightened. This holds the console in place and allows for it to be removed without opening the holes in your roof.
__________________
Dennis Brady

Black 2001 4x2 XLT Supercab 3.0 "Shadow" - WIA

Black 2001 4x4 EDGE Supercab 4.0 ('Body donor' for Shadow lol)

Build thread:
http://www.fordrangerforum.com/proje...adow-redo.html
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Roof baskets and roof bars pk9298 Exterior Tech 972 01-28-2018 04:52 PM
Mounting roof basket to topper without roof rack ckirsebom Exterior Tech 7 09-08-2014 08:50 PM
Does anyone know what this is on my roof? Foyil848 Exterior Tech 10 05-14-2013 06:10 PM
For Trade: Explorer Full Length Console for FX4 Shorty Console HoustonM Interior Parts 5 04-10-2011 05:55 PM
roof console in 92 ranger tadpole33 Interior Tech 5 01-28-2011 10:01 AM