Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #1  
Old 06-08-2010, 07:38 PM
Jp7 Jp7 is offline
DISABLE ADBLOCK: LOLZ
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,438
Default White Face A/C HVAC Control Piece



Nu Image Diamond Series White AC Dash Panel - AC231 by Nu Image

does anyone have this? I was thinking of getting it to match my white cluster gauge faces. Any feedback or pictures of the install? Does it simply go over the face of the stock-black one, or can you actually replace the stock one with this white one?
__________________
Looking for a professional retrofitter to add HIDs or LEDs to your Ranger? PM me if your looking to have work done, and have cash to spend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireRanger View Post
I'm dying to see this at night. Someone go tell the sun to give up already.
Quote:
Originally Posted by beef08 View Post
Your the man, you bring our dreams to a reality within the lighting spectrum
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCobe View Post
Jp7 you always do AMAZING work! Hats off to you sir
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireRanger View Post
People so often confuse "hating" with "knowing better".
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-08-2010, 07:40 PM
smakes smakes is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,005
Default Re: White Face A/C HVAC Control Piece

i JUST put one in my truck today. pull the bezel, then take out the hvac unit and unclip all the bullshit attached to it, it makes it much easier. it replaces the stock one and clips right in.





Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-08-2010, 07:47 PM
smakes smakes is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,005
Default Re: White Face A/C HVAC Control Piece

all that work you did to put those amber leds in your hvac tho is gonna be wasted if you put one in. the stock cover is clear, and has a green colored thing between it and the light. on these theyre tinted blue, but mine also came with a blue thing between it and the plastic part aswell, wich i just left out.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-08-2010, 08:05 PM
Jp7 Jp7 is offline
DISABLE ADBLOCK: LOLZ
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,438
Default Re: White Face A/C HVAC Control Piece

Quote:
Originally Posted by smakes View Post
all that work you did to put those amber leds in your hvac tho is gonna be wasted if you put one in. the stock cover is clear, and has a green colored thing between it and the light. on these theyre tinted blue, but mine also came with a blue thing between it and the plastic part aswell, wich i just left out.
Your thinking of my 2003, I want to use this on my 2004. The 2004 has blue LEDs. I'm going to paint the buttons sonic-blue (you did yours white) with the white faces. Should match the cluster because I have white faces with body-matched blue painted needles.


it looks like the "see through" part of it is red in your pictures... am I wrong??




__________________
Looking for a professional retrofitter to add HIDs or LEDs to your Ranger? PM me if your looking to have work done, and have cash to spend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireRanger View Post
I'm dying to see this at night. Someone go tell the sun to give up already.
Quote:
Originally Posted by beef08 View Post
Your the man, you bring our dreams to a reality within the lighting spectrum
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCobe View Post
Jp7 you always do AMAZING work! Hats off to you sir
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireRanger View Post
People so often confuse "hating" with "knowing better".

Last edited by Jp7; 06-08-2010 at 08:12 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-08-2010, 08:06 PM
smakes smakes is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,005
Default Re: White Face A/C HVAC Control Piece

oooooooh... well then sir, go right ahead.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-08-2010, 08:12 PM
Fx4wannabe01 Fx4wannabe01 is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,058
Default Re: White Face A/C HVAC Control Piece

The only thing I never liked about those and ultimately was the reason I never got one, was the fact that during the daytime, the 'indicators'/the 'print' was blue as well. It matches those gay gauge cluster overlays, but nothing else.
__________________
'01 XLT disguised as a '03 Fx4 Level II.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-08-2010, 08:45 PM
Jp7 Jp7 is offline
DISABLE ADBLOCK: LOLZ
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,438
Default Re: White Face A/C HVAC Control Piece

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fx4wannabe01 View Post
The only thing I never liked about those and ultimately was the reason I never got one, was the fact that during the daytime, the 'indicators'/the 'print' was blue as well. It matches those gay gauge cluster overlays, but nothing else.
huh... but will it match my setup? I have the stock EDGE white faces...

and I need to understand if it is a "red-see-through" or "blue-see-through"..

It sure looks like a red one in smakes'es pictures.
__________________
Looking for a professional retrofitter to add HIDs or LEDs to your Ranger? PM me if your looking to have work done, and have cash to spend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireRanger View Post
I'm dying to see this at night. Someone go tell the sun to give up already.
Quote:
Originally Posted by beef08 View Post
Your the man, you bring our dreams to a reality within the lighting spectrum
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCobe View Post
Jp7 you always do AMAZING work! Hats off to you sir
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireRanger View Post
People so often confuse "hating" with "knowing better".
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-08-2010, 08:53 PM
smakes smakes is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,005
Default Re: White Face A/C HVAC Control Piece

well i have blue leds behind it, wich makes it look purple, but the "heat" part is for sure a red see thru.

each part is colored,parts of it are blue, and others are red. its not like the stock one wich has no color. i shouldve taken a picture of the back of it, but too late now.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-08-2010, 09:01 PM
Fx4wannabe01 Fx4wannabe01 is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,058
Default Re: White Face A/C HVAC Control Piece

^^Yeah. Not to sound like a know it all, but I've always thought those things look the same day and night. Some red icons, others blue. What you see will look like that at night. something to also note, Turb'z, the panel you linked and the panel smakes has appear to me different panels... The one you linked and pic'd is all blue except the heat red. Smakes is different with reds and blues scattered all around. So I would think the one in the OP would be perfect for you...it'd be similar to stock with just the red colored.

/end blahblahblah.
__________________
'01 XLT disguised as a '03 Fx4 Level II.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-08-2010, 09:05 PM
Jp7 Jp7 is offline
DISABLE ADBLOCK: LOLZ
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,438
Default Re: White Face A/C HVAC Control Piece

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fx4wannabe01 View Post
^^Yeah. Not to sound like a know it all, but I've always thought those things look the same day and night. Some red icons, others blue. What you see will look like that at night. something to also note, Turb'z, the panel you linked and the panel smakes has appear to me different panels... The one you linked and pic'd is all blue except the heat red. Smakes is different with reds and blues scattered all around. So I would think the one in the OP would be perfect for you...it'd be similar to stock with just the red colored.

/end blahblahblah.
Good eyes! - I never noticed that. His fonts look different than mine too. I don't mind if the heat part has red, I just don't want red anywhere else.
__________________
Looking for a professional retrofitter to add HIDs or LEDs to your Ranger? PM me if your looking to have work done, and have cash to spend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireRanger View Post
I'm dying to see this at night. Someone go tell the sun to give up already.
Quote:
Originally Posted by beef08 View Post
Your the man, you bring our dreams to a reality within the lighting spectrum
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCobe View Post
Jp7 you always do AMAZING work! Hats off to you sir
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireRanger View Post
People so often confuse "hating" with "knowing better".
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06-08-2010, 09:15 PM
Fx4wannabe01 Fx4wannabe01 is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,058
Default Re: White Face A/C HVAC Control Piece

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jp7 View Post
Good eyes! - I never noticed that. His fonts look different than mine too. I don't mind if the heat part has red, I just don't want red anywhere else.
HAHA....I'm one picky bastard... I'm weird, I notice tiny differences or when things look out of place. lol. Yeah...It appears the Nu Image or whatever one in the first post is exactly what you're after.
__________________
'01 XLT disguised as a '03 Fx4 Level II.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-08-2010, 09:22 PM
smakes smakes is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,005
Default Re: White Face A/C HVAC Control Piece

ya i see the differences now too, uploading night pics to show you.

and shane, you know quite a bit, but when your wrong, your wrong
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-08-2010, 09:31 PM
Fx4wannabe01 Fx4wannabe01 is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,058
Default Re: White Face A/C HVAC Control Piece

You got me once..... ONCE. lol.
__________________
'01 XLT disguised as a '03 Fx4 Level II.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-08-2010, 09:38 PM
smakes smakes is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,005
Default Re: White Face A/C HVAC Control Piece

how it lights up at night, the leds i used give it some really bad hot/cold spots




now my stock gauges need to be changed...

Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-09-2010, 10:52 AM
Topdog2007 Topdog2007 is offline
1996 2wd 5.0
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 34
Default Re: White Face A/C HVAC Control Piece

I have the New Image a/c panle like you want and it lights up blue..minus the heat part!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Climate Control(white face) Kingoverace Interior Tech 6 02-16-2010 02:58 PM
[SOLD] SOLD White face gauges 1995-2003 (Missouri) STL Interior Parts 18 12-31-2009 12:33 PM
White face gauge overlay how to. DieHard4rd Interior Tech 15 09-25-2009 06:45 PM
White face gauges DieHard4rd Interior Tech 4 09-09-2009 04:13 AM