Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #256  
Old 05-16-2014, 02:42 PM
Savage03 Savage03 is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 701
Default Re: buggman's Plug-in LED's leds (KY)

Ha funny, it will look like that again soon as those switches come! Cant wait to see those in.
__________________
Yellow 2001 Ford Ranger Edge 4x4 Ext. cab, 4.0 Automatic, Rancho Shocks, OHC w/buggman leds, mustang dome, Pioneer AVH-X4700BS, Hertz components up front,Rockford fosgate in the rear doors,Sony XM-GS400 4ch Amp, Sony XM-GS-100 Mono Amp. Line-x
Reply With Quote
  #257  
Old 05-23-2014, 01:25 PM
white_ranger white_ranger is offline
Like the Forums
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 49
Default

I have a 2000 ranger and would like to swap all my halogen bulbs with LED bulbs. Is this even possible without getting a whole new light assembly? I've searched carID.com but I'm not confident I'm getting what I'm looking for.
Reply With Quote
  #258  
Old 05-24-2014, 09:20 PM
Savage03 Savage03 is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 701
Default Re: buggman's Plug-in LED's leds (KY)

Got my 4x4 and headlight leds from Buggman other day! Tore into the dash again and these are nice, red isnt a super bright color but I like it and my headlight one was burnt out anyways so better then nothing haha.
Did the hvac ones to while I was in there. PIcs dont come out good on these but in person much nicer.

__________________
Yellow 2001 Ford Ranger Edge 4x4 Ext. cab, 4.0 Automatic, Rancho Shocks, OHC w/buggman leds, mustang dome, Pioneer AVH-X4700BS, Hertz components up front,Rockford fosgate in the rear doors,Sony XM-GS400 4ch Amp, Sony XM-GS-100 Mono Amp. Line-x
Reply With Quote
  #259  
Old 06-04-2014, 10:01 AM
Vorticitys Vorticitys is offline
Ranger Owner
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 207
Default Re: buggman's Plug-in LED's leds (KY)

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggman View Post
I've got 2 mustang dome lights (I have no idea what years they are) but they both use the same 3 festoon bulbs.

The blue led bulbs (4x & 7x leds) did have some hot/dim spots when I tested them in my cluster:

The hot/dim spots look worse in the pics than they did in real life. Even with the hot/dim areas, they were a TON brighter than the old incandescent bulbs.

I've since changed to a different style of plug-in led for my cluster:

These are more expensive led's, but I like them much better.
Howd you get all of your numbers to light up blue like that? I put in all new expensive blue LEDs that are super bright but they dont light up the numbers. The stock white LEDs lit up the number but they have that green tint. Did you replace that panel that has the green tint on it? Please reply as soon as possible
Reply With Quote
  #260  
Old 06-04-2014, 11:24 AM
Savage03 Savage03 is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 701
Default Re: buggman's Plug-in LED's leds (KY)

Green tint has to be removed, think they sand it off. Somewhere in this thread he mentions it.
__________________
Yellow 2001 Ford Ranger Edge 4x4 Ext. cab, 4.0 Automatic, Rancho Shocks, OHC w/buggman leds, mustang dome, Pioneer AVH-X4700BS, Hertz components up front,Rockford fosgate in the rear doors,Sony XM-GS400 4ch Amp, Sony XM-GS-100 Mono Amp. Line-x
Reply With Quote
  #261  
Old 06-04-2014, 12:08 PM
Vorticitys Vorticitys is offline
Ranger Owner
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 207
Default Re: buggman's Plug-in LED's leds (KY)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage03 View Post
Green tint has to be removed, think they sand it off. Somewhere in this thread he mentions it.
Alrighty. Thanks for the reply I will be working on this later today :P
Reply With Quote
  #262  
Old 06-05-2014, 07:56 AM
rbaugh rbaugh is offline
Learning to use the forums
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 2
Default Re: buggman's Plug-in LED's leds (KY)

White 7x led T10 base bulbs. (I have about 15 of them). Standard T10 base bulbs. SUPER bright.
PRICING: $1.50 each + shipping

I am interested in purchasing 6 of these via pay pal. I am new to Ranger Forum can you tell me how to proceed

rbaugh
Reply With Quote
  #263  
Old 06-05-2014, 09:50 AM
Yeller Yeller is offline
Wow.So cobra.Very Ranger.
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 5,699
Default Re: buggman's Plug-in LED's leds (KY)

Methinks my new buggman LEDs will waiting on me when I get home from work tonight!!!
__________________
Chrome Yellow 2001 Ranger Edge 3.0L V6/5spd
Reply With Quote
  #264  
Old 06-05-2014, 03:59 PM
hermdiggle hermdiggle is offline
Like the Forums
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 41
Default Re: buggman's Plug-in LED's leds (KY)

PM sent buggman.
Reply With Quote
  #265  
Old 06-05-2014, 10:27 PM
Yeller Yeller is offline
Wow.So cobra.Very Ranger.
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 5,699
Default buggman's Plug-in LED's leds (KY)

Welp, I was correct! LEDs were waiting on me when I got home.

Guys, buggman's knowledgeable customer service and packaging is superb and speaks volumes about the quality of his stuff! He cares about the customer and his product(s). This is my second set of LEDs from him...my first set, which consisted of a foglight switch LED, headlight switch LED and some 194 LEDs, is still going strong today...over one year later! Oh, also have some of his custom ford ovals and his custom fog light switch harness. Both of which work/look great.

I haven't gotten the chance to put these in yet, but I have no doubt they will work just as well as the other buggman products I have!

And no, this is not some testimony I'm being paid or reimbursed for...100% my own honest opinion.

If you need some cool stuff for your truck, buggman is the MAN!!
__________________
Chrome Yellow 2001 Ranger Edge 3.0L V6/5spd

Last edited by Yeller; 06-05-2014 at 10:39 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #266  
Old 06-06-2014, 12:50 AM
buggman buggman is offline
Do not touch the trim!
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,018
Default Re: buggman's Plug-in LED's leds (KY)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorticitys View Post
Howd you get all of your numbers to light up blue like that? I put in all new expensive blue LEDs that are super bright but they dont light up the numbers. The stock white LEDs lit up the number but they have that green tint. Did you replace that panel that has the green tint on it? Please reply as soon as possible
In 99.999% of the trucks the gauge overlays need to be removed & the filtering color sanded off the back so when you use new colored led's, the new led color will shine through properly.
My truck was the 0.0001% where I didn't sand the green filtering, I just used some of my blue led's & it came out pretty nice. I CANNOT guarantee anyone will have the same results without modding their overlays though. Mine are likely so old (it's a 96 after all) and the filtering is probably faded so the blue led's lit up pretty well... not perfectly but good enough that I'm probably not going to mess with it... they've been in there for several years now & still working just fine

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeller View Post
Welp, I was correct! LEDs were waiting on me when I got home.

Guys, buggman's knowledgeable customer service and packaging is superb and speaks volumes about the quality of his stuff! He cares about the customer and his product(s). This is my second set of LEDs from him...my first set, which consisted of a foglight switch LED, headlight switch LED and some 194 LEDs, is still going strong today...over one year later! Oh, also have some of his custom ford ovals and his custom fog light switch harness. Both of which work/look great.

I haven't gotten the chance to put these in yet, but I have no doubt they will work just as well as the other buggman products I have!

And no, this is not some testimony I'm being paid or reimbursed for...100% my own honest opinion.

If you need some cool stuff for your truck, buggman is the MAN!!

I appreciate the kind words Yeller !

I'm just a guy who got tired of looking at a dim, dark & bland truck and started looking for ways to make it look better that didn't cost a fortune

Sometimes I may be a little slow to respond as my inbox stays pretty full or if I'm not up to getting on the computer for a day or so, but I try to get back with everyone as soon as I can

Knowing that I'm helping others get their trucks lit up & modded is pretty cool too

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbaugh View Post
White 7x led T10 base bulbs. (I have about 15 of them). Standard T10 base bulbs. SUPER bright.
PRICING: $1.50 each + shipping

I am interested in purchasing 6 of these via pay pal. I am new to Ranger Forum can you tell me how to proceed

rbaugh
Drop me a PM & I'll be glad to help get you set up.
I should have some of those style led's left... I've updated & upgraded a lot of my older led's & my newest version of those are my 5smd led's.
They're even brighter & throw light in all directions, the 5smd led's run $3 each +sh.
__________________
'96 XLT, 4.0L, 4x4 Auto, Super Cab, K&N Filter, Dual Exhaust, 200a Alt, Clear Corners, BUGGMAN LED's, Expo Power Seats & Console, LED modded '01 Tails

Need LED's? Send me a PM
LINKS... Click 'em - - -> BUGGMAN PICS - - -BUGGMAN'S YouTube Channel - - -BUGGMAN'S FaceBook
Reply With Quote
  #267  
Old 06-08-2014, 02:44 PM
leviranger leviranger is offline
Ford Tough
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 283
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggman View Post

In 99.999% of the trucks the gauge overlays need to be removed & the filtering color sanded off the back so when you use new colored led's, the new led color will shine through properly.
My truck was the 0.0001% where I didn't sand the green filtering, I just used some of my blue led's & it came out pretty nice. I CANNOT guarantee anyone will have the same results without modding their overlays though. Mine are likely so old (it's a 96 after all) and the filtering is probably faded so the blue led's lit up pretty well... not perfectly but good enough that I'm probably not going to mess with it... they've been in there for several years now & still working just fine

----------

I appreciate the kind words Yeller !

I'm just a guy who got tired of looking at a dim, dark & bland truck and started looking for ways to make it look better that didn't cost a fortune

Sometimes I may be a little slow to respond as my inbox stays pretty full or if I'm not up to getting on the computer for a day or so, but I try to get back with everyone as soon as I can

Knowing that I'm helping others get their trucks lit up & modded is pretty cool too

----------

Drop me a PM & I'll be glad to help get you set up.
I should have some of those style led's left... I've updated & upgraded a lot of my older led's & my newest version of those are my 5smd led's.
They're even brighter & throw light in all directions, the 5smd led's run $3 each +sh.
My Leds didn't last a year some of them want even come on.
__________________
2000 3.0 4by4 ext.cab
Reply With Quote
  #268  
Old 06-11-2014, 12:04 PM
Yeller Yeller is offline
Wow.So cobra.Very Ranger.
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 5,699
Default Re: buggman's Plug-in LED's leds (KY)

Who's LEDs?
__________________
Chrome Yellow 2001 Ranger Edge 3.0L V6/5spd
Reply With Quote
  #269  
Old 06-11-2014, 04:39 PM
pk9298 pk9298 is offline
Love me some Axels
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 10,456
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeller View Post
Who's LEDs?
not buggmans!
__________________
2001 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4
Extended Cab Stepside. Offroad package Tow Package
4.0 SOHC V6. Full synthetic. 85,000 miles
Goodyear Wrangler Authorities A/T 245/75/R16.
Deezee Bull Bar, Led Lights.
The Lone Ranger
Reply With Quote
  #270  
Old 06-14-2014, 09:32 AM
LiveLifeChill LiveLifeChill is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,420
Default

Hey did you ever get brake light/tail light LEDs in?
__________________
2006 XLT 4.0SOHC
Herculiner>Cab&Bed A.R.E. Camper Shell> 2 Yakima Racks. Pioneer Sound System>Head Unit/6x8's/10" Sub 300 Watt 4-Channel Amp + 2 Marine Speakers
in the Shell.Aftermarket Fuse Box All the Extras Run Off Their Own Fuse Box. Various other mods. Near future plans are a solar panel system and deep cell battery.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Easy Spark Plug Change on 8-plug 4 Banger BenGone 4-Cylinder Tech 12 01-03-2012 01:32 PM
Led's for 2005 barnburner General Ford Ranger Discussion 7 02-08-2011 05:39 AM
Halo LED's C Jizzle Electrical Tech 9 08-05-2010 06:50 PM
New LED's(Thanks to Shane) ranger101 Vehicle Snapshots 39 07-15-2010 09:11 AM
Front LED's mbushnell Electrical Tech 2 03-22-2010 02:50 PM