Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #1  
Old 09-08-2010, 08:31 AM
Clinton Clinton is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 14,049
Default Cruise toggles with LED'S

I am looking for a good set of cruise toggles with green LED's in them for my 01 Ranger. If anyone has a how to on this I would do it myself but I need to find the right LED's for it as well. Any tips or how to's are more than welcomed here, Even if I were to just get the right size LED bulbs it would be a plus! Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-08-2010, 09:55 AM
Bird76Mojo Bird76Mojo is offline
troll extraordinaire
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 536
Default Re: Cruise toggles with LED'S

Search for "twist lock LED" on a couple different Ranger forums and you'll see a thread that I posted in. It explains it all.



GB
__________________
2001 Ranger Edge Regular cab, auto 4.0L 4x4 4.10LS

1989 Ranger Regular cab longbed, manual 2.9 4x4

Parts BroncoII's x 3
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-08-2010, 01:15 PM
99offroadrngr 99offroadrngr is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 945
Default Re: Cruise toggles with LED'S

u have to modify the twist locks to fit in the cruise pods. they're too long so u have to be very careful cutting the bottom of it
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-08-2010, 02:08 PM
Clinton Clinton is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 14,049
Default Re: Cruise toggles with LED'S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bird76Mojo View Post
Search for "twist lock LED" on a couple different Ranger forums and you'll see a thread that I posted in. It explains it all.



GB
I will take a look, thanks, I appreciate the help
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-08-2010, 08:45 PM
buggman buggman is offline
Do not touch the trim!
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,018
Default Re: Cruise toggles with LED'S

PM sent
__________________
'96 XLT, 4.0L, 4x4 Auto, Super Cab, K&N Filter, Dual Exhaust, 200a Alt, Clear Corners, BUGGMAN LED's, Expo Power Seats & Console, LED modded '01 Tails

Need LED's? Send me a PM
LINKS... Click 'em - - -> BUGGMAN PICS - - -BUGGMAN'S YouTube Channel - - -BUGGMAN'S FaceBook
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-08-2010, 08:49 PM
Bird76Mojo Bird76Mojo is offline
troll extraordinaire
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 536
Default Re: Cruise toggles with LED'S

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99offroadrngr View Post
u have to modify the twist locks to fit in the cruise pods. they're too long so u have to be very careful cutting the bottom of it

The only modification of the twist locks you have to do is to bend the electrical connection tabs down a little bit so that they make better contact with the circuit board. The circuit board is thinner than it needs to be for the twist locks. I explained all of that in the thread I'm speaking of. I'm just too lazy to look for it. As far as I know, from everyones responses, I was the guinea pig for the mod and it turned out great. Nice even lighting.

BE CAREFUL BENDING THE TABS. They break VERY easily.

GB
__________________
2001 Ranger Edge Regular cab, auto 4.0L 4x4 4.10LS

1989 Ranger Regular cab longbed, manual 2.9 4x4

Parts BroncoII's x 3

Last edited by Bird76Mojo; 09-08-2010 at 08:54 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-08-2010, 09:00 PM
Clinton Clinton is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 14,049
Default Re: Cruise toggles with LED'S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bird76Mojo View Post
The only modification of the twist locks you have to do is to bend the electrical connection tabs down a little bit so that they make better contact with the circuit board. The circuit board is thinner than it needs to be for the twist locks. I explained all of that in the thread I'm speaking of. I'm just too lazy to look for it. As far as I know, from everyones responses, I was the guinea pig for the mod and it turned out great. Nice even lighting.

BE CAREFUL BENDING THE TABS. They break VERY easily.

GB

Awesome man! Thanks!!!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-21-2010, 03:50 AM
Clinton Clinton is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 14,049
Default Re: Cruise toggles with LED'S

Bump, I'm not handy enough to do it myself!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Halo LED's C Jizzle Electrical Tech 9 08-05-2010 06:50 PM
Air Vent LED's RedPowerRanger Interior Tech 8 07-23-2010 11:04 PM
New LED's(Thanks to Shane) ranger101 Vehicle Snapshots 39 07-15-2010 09:11 AM
Front LED's mbushnell Electrical Tech 2 03-22-2010 02:50 PM
LED's or Glass Paint? Buddythetruck Interior Tech 4 12-23-2009 11:21 PM