FordRangerForum.com and I do not take any responsibility for injuries/death in accident because seat belt was not worn. You should always wear your seat belt
Discussion Thread:How To: deactivating activating beltminder feature (seatbelt chime)
Deactivating/activating the BeltMinder feature
Read steps 1 - 9 thoroughly before proceeding with the
deactivation/activation programming procedure.
The BeltMinder feature can be deactivated/activated by performing the
Before following the procedure, make sure that:
The parking brake is set.
The gearshift is in P (Park) (automatic transmission) or the neutral
position (manual transmission).
The ignition switch is in the OFF position.
All vehicle doors are closed.
The drivers safety belt is unbuckled.
The parklamps/headlamps are in OFF position (If vehicle is equipped
with Autolamps, this will not affect the procedure).
1. Turn the ignition switch to the RUN (or ON) position. (DO NOT
START THE ENGINE.)
2. Wait until the safety belt warning light turns off. (Approximately 12
Steps 35 must be completed within 60 seconds or the procedure will
have to be repeated.
3. Buckle then unbuckle the safety belt three times, ending with the
safety belt unbuckled. This can be done before or during BeltMinder
4. Turn on the parklamps/headlamps, turn off the parklamps/headlamps.
5. Buckle then unbuckle the safety belt three times, ending with the
safety belt unbuckled.
After step 5 the safety belt warning light will be turned on for three
6. Within seven seconds of the safety belt warning light turning off,
buckle then unbuckle the safety belt.
This will disable BeltMinder if it is currently enabled, or enable
BeltMinder if it is currently disabled.
7. Confirmation of disabling BeltMinder is provided by the safety belt
warning light flashing four times per second for three seconds.
8. Confirmation of enabling BeltMinder is provided by:
The safety belt warning light flashing four times per second for three
Followed by three seconds with the safety belt warning light off.
Once again, the safety belt warning light will flash four times per
second for three seconds.
9. After receiving confirmation, the deactivation/activation procedure is