Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #121  
Old 02-13-2015, 10:28 AM
LI Ranger 00 LI Ranger 00 is offline
Murica
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 139
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan03CO View Post
I stayed at a Holiday Inn express last night.
Hotel motel holiday inn?
__________________

INSTAGRAM: DATRANGERDOE

00 XLT 2WD 6" LIFT ON 32" FALKEN WILDPEAKS, 42" LIGHTBAR FROM OLB, KICKER L7, 04 FX4 BUMPER SWAP, 3" REVERSE CUBES WITH FLUSH PLATES, STEPSIDE 3.0
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 06-18-2015, 09:15 PM
Project_Cheese Project_Cheese is offline
Liking the Ford Ranger Forum
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 18
Default Re: How To: 3" Doetsch Spindle Install

hey im buying a 4" spindle lift from wheelznparts off of amazon. has anyone put them on before?
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 06-19-2015, 04:22 AM
Logan03CO Logan03CO is offline
No wire hangers, ever!

 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 10,310
Default Re: How To: 3" Doetsch Spindle Install

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project_Cheese View Post
hey im buying a 4" spindle lift from wheelznparts off of amazon. has anyone put them on before?
Yes.
__________________
Curent 2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1 owner - Build Thread for her: Logan's 2003 Mach 1

Former 2003 Ford Ranger owner - Build Thread for her: Project Budget Buster
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 06-19-2015, 09:33 AM
Project_Cheese Project_Cheese is offline
Liking the Ford Ranger Forum
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 18
Default Re: How To: 3" Doetsch Spindle Install

okay cool. the only thing im scared of is do i for sure have to cut the LCA and the spindle, and also do i have to cut off the bump stops? and do i need longer breaklines?
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 06-28-2015, 11:38 AM
Tyler46 Tyler46 is offline
Ford Ranger Dismantler
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 6,995
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project_Cheese View Post
okay cool. the only thing im scared of is do i for sure have to cut the LCA and the spindle, and also do i have to cut off the bump stops? and do i need longer breaklines?
I'm doing the grinding as we speak, it's really not that bad.
__________________
2007 Regular Cab - 2.3 DOHC - 5 Speed Auto - 4.10 Gears - Maxtrac 7" Lift - Fiberwerx 3" Fenders - Bilstein 5100 Series - 15x10 Ultra 164's - 35x12.50x15 Red Letters - Custom dents

Quote:
Originally Posted by guell View Post
People like him make me believe that birth control needs to be put in the public water supply
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old 06-28-2015, 06:27 PM
Project_Cheese Project_Cheese is offline
Liking the Ford Ranger Forum
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 18
Default

Had a buddy do it for me all he had to do was grind the LCA and that's it turns perfectly fine
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 06-28-2015, 06:30 PM
Fordzilla80 Fordzilla80 is offline
Welcome to FRF!
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,952
Default Re: How To: 3" Doetsch Spindle Install

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project_Cheese View Post
Had a buddy do it for me all he had to do was grind the LCA and that's it turns perfectly fine
Have you done a U-turn yet? You might want to try that before you assume it's fine. Also, try braking while turning. That might need work too if you didn't cut off that little thing on the side of the control arms, or loosen up your brake lines.
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 06-28-2015, 07:13 PM
Tyler46 Tyler46 is offline
Ford Ranger Dismantler
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 6,995
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordzilla80 View Post
Have you done a U-turn yet? You might want to try that before you assume it's fine. Also, try braking while turning. That might need work too if you didn't cut off that little thing on the side of the control arms, or loosen up your brake lines.
You really don't even need to cut the bump stops, the steering rack and pinion maxes out before the calipers get pinched.

I ground off the lip all the way to the bump stop and went to the same point on the front side as well. I'll try and get some pics.
__________________
2007 Regular Cab - 2.3 DOHC - 5 Speed Auto - 4.10 Gears - Maxtrac 7" Lift - Fiberwerx 3" Fenders - Bilstein 5100 Series - 15x10 Ultra 164's - 35x12.50x15 Red Letters - Custom dents

Quote:
Originally Posted by guell View Post
People like him make me believe that birth control needs to be put in the public water supply
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 06-28-2015, 07:19 PM
Project_Cheese Project_Cheese is offline
Liking the Ford Ranger Forum
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyman46 View Post
You really don't even need to cut the bump stops, the steering rack and pinion maxes out before the calipers get pinched. I ground off the lip all the way to the bump stop and went to the same point on the front side as well. I'll try and get some pics.
I'll try to as well
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old 06-28-2015, 08:08 PM
Fordzilla80 Fordzilla80 is offline
Welcome to FRF!
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,952
Default Re: How To: 3" Doetsch Spindle Install

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyman46 View Post
You really don't even need to cut the bump stops, the steering rack and pinion maxes out before the calipers get pinched.

I ground off the lip all the way to the bump stop and went to the same point on the front side as well. I'll try and get some pics.
Maybe the coil trucks are different, but my calipers were getting pinched on my truck.
Reply With Quote
  #131  
Old 10-24-2015, 02:36 AM
NewShockerGuy NewShockerGuy is offline
2001 XLT
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,164
Default Re: How To: 3" Doetsch Spindle Install

So that I am reading this thread correctly:

* When doing a spindle lift no extended shocks or springs are needed (for coil spring suspension)

* One needs to address the bump stops because of POSSIBLE brake line tightness and or no brakes at full lock.

* Alignment will most likely NOT be perfect


Next questions are the following:
* One uses the same standard ball joints that Ranger's normally use correct?
* Wheel bearings would also be the same? (I've read reviews on other sites where people say the normal wheel bearings will no longer work with the spindle lifts.


Thanks
-Nigel
__________________
_____

2001 Ranger XLT 2.3L Auto: Bunch of misc mods.
Little lift: 4" Spindle Lift w/ 2" shackles and 2" oem blocks.OEM Ranger Sport Wheels: Tires=245x75x16

~NSG~
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old 10-24-2015, 04:44 AM
2000rangermg 2000rangermg is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,965
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewShockerGuy View Post
So that I am reading this thread correctly: * When doing a spindle lift no extended shocks or springs are needed (for coil spring suspension) * One needs to address the bump stops because of POSSIBLE brake line tightness and or no brakes at full lock. * Alignment will most likely NOT be perfect Next questions are the following: * One uses the same standard ball joints that Ranger's normally use correct? * Wheel bearings would also be the same? (I've read reviews on other sites where people say the normal wheel bearings will no longer work with the spindle lifts. Thanks -Nigel
correct you can use the same shocks, I didn't have and brake line problems, my alignment is pretty close, most spindles people are running uses the same ball joint and bearings
__________________
2000 xlt 5 speed 2wd 2007 bed and seats, flowmaster orignial 40 series dumped, led reverse lights, LED grill lights, LED cluster bulbs, mustang dome, recon smoked cab lights, cb with dual 3 foot whips, 35% tint, 5% 8 inch banner, Rigid Industries duallys wired to factory fog light switch, Throttle cable mod
Build Thread
http://www.fordrangerforum.com/proje...rmg-build.html
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old 10-24-2015, 10:20 AM
Tyler46 Tyler46 is offline
Ford Ranger Dismantler
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 6,995
Default

In order of which you asked

- Same springs and shocks
-I didn't grind off my steering stops but you can punch them out from the backside
-Get an alignment after
-Re-use your bearings and ball joints
-The people that need larger bearings are the people who order Edge spindles for a coil spring model.
__________________
2007 Regular Cab - 2.3 DOHC - 5 Speed Auto - 4.10 Gears - Maxtrac 7" Lift - Fiberwerx 3" Fenders - Bilstein 5100 Series - 15x10 Ultra 164's - 35x12.50x15 Red Letters - Custom dents

Quote:
Originally Posted by guell View Post
People like him make me believe that birth control needs to be put in the public water supply
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old 10-24-2015, 03:57 PM
bigfisher bigfisher is offline
Mustang Owner
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 14,054
Default

For the 98-00 you have to get new rotors and bearings.
__________________
2017 Lightning Blue Mustang GT PP
SR X-pipe | Roush Axleback | CJ Springs
2013 F150 FX4 5.0 - Sold
1998 Jeep Wrangler TJ 4.0 5spd - Sold
2001 Mustang Bullitt - Sold
2005 Level II - Sold
2001 Integra GSR - Sold
1999 XLT - May 2013 TOTM - Totaled

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004 fx4 level II
fuckin Nissan shhhiitttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old 10-24-2015, 04:04 PM
07XL 07XL is offline
Socially awkward.
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 6,327
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfisher View Post
For the 98-00 you have to get new rotors and bearings.
Depending on the spindle, yes
__________________
Blue 1998 Ford Ranger XLT stepside, single cab, 2.5L.
If you like LOLZ, click HERE for the best thread FRF has ever seen!
#BringbackHOI
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
3 inch Doetsch Spindle Lift Questions Clay_Breck Lifted Suspension 8 02-18-2015 01:13 AM
Doetsch spindle slammagedammage Lifted Suspension 17 10-29-2013 06:17 PM
Maxtrac 4 inch Spindle Lift install 2wdMuddin Introduce Yourself 1 07-30-2013 05:50 AM
Doetsch spindle lift jjstudy Lifted Suspension 3 10-23-2012 04:27 PM
3" BL or 3" doetsch spindle lift chrisranger Lifted Suspension 6 06-03-2012 07:05 PM