Re: Problems w/fuel pump fuse ?
Hello - I am new here, as well.
Not sure if my problem is similar or not. Have you taken it to a Computer readout machine? It may be there is an issue in the Computer control center.
My problem is that it will start, but then dies almost immediately.
Then, it won't start at all for almost 30 minutes (sometimes less or more)
After that, it just suddenly starts and runs flawlessly until the next time I try to use it.
- I've changed the Fuel pump (1st thing) - easy enuf, just pull the box off the back
- I've added two new Coils ($50/ea) on top of the engine - 8 spark plugs / 2.3 4cyl Engine
- eventually had the timing chain changed (180K miles), along with two sensors on back of engine
- truck ran fine for about 6 weeks, with only an occasional die-ing in traffic, only to start right back up
- I'm into this nonsense now for about $1,000.00 on this issue (still luv the truck)
The issue is - once it starts, I have no troubles - it runs as if there's nothing wrong
EVERYONE says - it's the fuel pump and you can buy pump after pump and they could all be bad
I say - bull$hit - the fuel filter and the fuel control valve on top of the engine are also brand new
It never loses so much juice that I need a jump to get it home
Starter, etc., all seem fine --- it's just not getting spark.....??
Or, it's losing pressure along the fuel line somewhere and gets an air bubble ???
As far as blowing fuses - that's totally electrical and could be your computer command module
But, my issue might be along the same lines, except when it starts, it never dies off on me
Either it starts and immediately dies or it doesn't start at all
If it does start, I can't seem to trust if I'll get back home safely - it's hit or miss
Anything? Anyone ??