Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > Ford Ranger Technical > General Tech
Forgot Password? Join Us!


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #1  
Old 07-07-2013, 06:37 PM
Ford Truck Driver
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 75
Default IAC Valve, Coolant and Squeaking

First off, I cleaned the IAC valve and holy shit! It idles like it's brand new. Upon cleaning my IAC, I noticed that the coolant reservoir was empty so I checked the radiator and noticed that it was bone dry. The cap was rusted shut and looked like it was coming apart, so I replaced it and refilled the radiator to full.

So, here's my real question. When I was filling the coolant, I spilled a little because I'm clumsy and I think it landed on one of the belts. Now the belt is making some terrible squeaking noise. Will this go away when the belt dries off?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-07-2013, 06:40 PM
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 6,138
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bplturner View Post
First off, I cleaned the IAC valve and holy shit! It idles like it's brand new. Upon cleaning my IAC, I noticed that the coolant reservoir was empty so I checked the radiator and noticed that it was bone dry. The cap was rusted shut and looked like it was coming apart, so I replaced it and refilled the radiator to full.

So, here's my real question. When I was filling the coolant, I spilled a little because I'm clumsy and I think it landed on one of the belts. Now the belt is making some terrible squeaking noise. Will this go away when the belt dries off?

Thanks!
yup
You could always take the belt off and clean it

sent from my iPhone 5....PSH!!! I don't have money for a iPhone 5
__________________
95 Ranger XLT 4x2 2.3 I4 5 speed 206,000 *dead*
96 Ranger XLT 4x4 4.0 V6 5 speed 173,000 *alive*
D35 front, 8.8 rear, 3.73 gears, limited slip rear diff
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-07-2013, 07:01 PM
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,528
Default Re: IAC Valve, Coolant and Squeaking

Buy a new Goodyear gatorback.

Where did the coolant go? My guess is you still have a coolant issue.
__________________
2004 Ext Cab, 4WD, 4.0, Auto, 137k. (4.0 engine is out of a 2009 Ranger w/87k)

2004 Ranger, Ext Cab, 2WD, 3.0, 5 speed , 4WABS, crank windows, no cruise, Edge 116k.(6/5,2014) (SOLD).

1999 Ford Ranger, Reg Cab, 2.5, 5 speed, 2WD, no AC, 150k (SOLD).
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-07-2013, 07:05 PM
Ford Tough
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 364
Default

Where is the iac and how do u clean it and what do u clean it with?

1993 Ford Ranger STX 4x4 4.0L 5 speed 181,000 miles
__________________
1993 Ford ranger 4x4
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-07-2013, 07:24 PM
Ford Truck Driver
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 75
Default Re: IAC Valve, Coolant and Squeaking

Quote:
Originally Posted by modelageek View Post
Buy a new Goodyear gatorback.

Where did the coolant go? My guess is you still have a coolant issue.
That's the million dollar question and one kind of afraid to answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1993ranger4x4 View Post
Where is the iac and how do u clean it and what do u clean it with?

1993 Ford Ranger STX 4x4 4.0L 5 speed 181,000 miles
The IAC is the idle air control valve. There's a howto on this forum. I used mass air flow sensor cleaner but you can use brake, sensor or electronic cleaner. I just sprayed some in there and used several q-tips to scrape out the carbon and associated gunk.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-07-2013, 07:25 PM
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 6,138
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bplturner View Post

That's the million dollar question and one kind of afraid to answer.

The IAC is the idle air control valve. There's a howto on this forum. I used mass air flow sensor cleaner but you can use brake, sensor or electronic cleaner. I just sprayed some in there and used several q-tips to scrape out the carbon and associated gunk.
when I bought my truck tank was bone dry
flushed the whole system filled it to the proper level and haven had a issue

when I flushed the coolant it was black btw

sent from my iPhone 5....PSH!!! I don't have money for a iPhone 5
__________________
95 Ranger XLT 4x2 2.3 I4 5 speed 206,000 *dead*
96 Ranger XLT 4x4 4.0 V6 5 speed 173,000 *alive*
D35 front, 8.8 rear, 3.73 gears, limited slip rear diff
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to clean the IAC valve big green How-To Submissions 20 04-27-2014 01:09 PM
IAC valve. angelo1994 4.0 SOHC / 4.0 OHV Tech 3 03-21-2013 04:54 PM
IAC valve change out sacalait59 4.0 SOHC / 4.0 OHV Tech 7 12-24-2010 03:46 PM
IAC Valve Prunedale 4x4 General Tech 0 11-27-2010 10:32 PM
IAC Valve Problem ZWilson07 4.0 SOHC / 4.0 OHV Tech 3 05-03-2010 10:00 PM



Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.