| | 83 Ranger 4x4 >> need diff upgrade advice & 2-4" suspen lift advice
Sorry to have so many questions…
I have a stock 83 Ranger 4x4 2.8 automatic.
I upgraded to Milemarker manual hubs.
I was thinking of putting a mild lift and slightly bigger tires.
I was thinking maybe 32 or 33 inch tires and a 4" lift.
I guess I'll have to upgrade the rims too.
1) Who makes the best lift?
2) Do you recommend body lift or suspension lift? What are the differences?
3) Will my small Dana 28 front be ok with that size tire?
4) Will the 7.5 rear end hold up as well?
5) How weak are those stock differentials?
6) If I swap and upgrade, will the driveshafts work?
7) Is the Explorer 8.8 rear wider than the Ranger 8.8? I'd be nice to have disk brakes in the rear.
8) What years Dana 35 will bolt into my 1983?
The truck runs fine (I just put it on the road) and the front & rear axles are fine. How weak are the stock axles? How necessary is it to upgrade them? I do some light hauling, sometimes commuter and 4x4 camping in sand dunes every now and then.
Any advice would be appreciated!!