Check engine code - P0455 - Anybody have experience with this?
I need to fix this code ASAP as I'm already overdue for state inspection. There is no way I can pass when throwing a code, and unfortunately I can't just clear the code because they check the history.
This what I'm dealing with:
P0455 - EVAP Control : System Leak Detected (No Purge Flow or Large Leak)
*After-market EVAP hardware (such as fuel filler cap) non-conforming to required specifications
* Disconnected or racked fuel EVAP canister tube, EVAP canister purge outlet tube or EVAP return tube
* EVAP canister purge valve stuck closed
* Damaged EVAP canister :
* Damaged or missing fuel filler cap :
* Insufficient fuel filler cap installation :
* Loose fuel vapor hose/tube connections to EVAP system components
* Blockages or restrictions in fuel vapor hoses/tubes (items also isted under disconnections or cracks)
* Fuel vapor control valve tube assembly or fuel vapor vent valve assembly blocked
* Canister vent (CV) solenoid stuck open
* Mechanically inoperative fuel tank pressure (FTP) sensor
Does anybody know if I can check out the EVAP canister and it's components without taking the bed off of my truck? I tried checking the fuel filler line, but it's too hard to see with the stepside.
Also, does anybody know the part number for the fuel filler line and the grommet that connects it to the gas tank? Changing out the gas cap didn't help, so I feel that it is probably the issue that I am dealing with.
2004 Ford Ranger Edge manual 4.0 4x4 with 3" Body lift, 33x12.5 BFG A/T KO's, on Eagle Alloy 057 rims, and alot of mods
2011 Ford Mustang GT 5.0 manual with Flowmaster American Thunder exhaust
2005 Ford F250 automatic 5.4 4x4 with no mods