Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 04:01 PM
JDMerk JDMerk is offline
Learning to use the forums
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 8
Default Strange intermittent A/C Issues

Hello all,
I have a 2003 Mazda B3000 DS
It has 186k on it and has had the engine replaced. When I bought it one of the A/C lines had been removed. I assumed this was done while they were replacing the engine. Anyway I had the system put on vacuum, the dryer replaced and the system charged back up with the correct amount of refrigerant and oil. Since I had this work done the A/C has worked great about 80% of the time (cools well, drys the air, does not freeze up, cycles correctly). The other 20% of the time it will run for 15-20sec while making a low groaning noise and eventually stall the truck out (if at idle). When it does this I can try it again later that same day and it usually works fine again.

WTF? Any ideas? I am fairly mechanically inclined but i'm lost when it comes to A/
2003 Mazda B3000 DS
31x10.5x15 BFG A/T KO
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Intermittent windshield wiper issues yellowbike General Tech 3 02-12-2010 06:20 PM
intermittent no spark on 95 ranger w/coilpac deranger 3.0 Vulcan Tech 0 12-07-2009 04:47 PM
Intermittent hard start when cold mj1287 4.0 SOHC / 4.0 OHV Tech 5 10-29-2009 12:26 PM
Intermittent problem with '94 4.0 MT rebel 4.0 SOHC / 4.0 OHV Tech 3 08-22-2009 02:05 PM
Intermittent Oil Pressure bbowler 4-Cylinder Tech 1 08-15-2009 05:00 AM