Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #3421  
Old 10-10-2015, 01:26 PM
Gainaxx Gainaxx is offline
IBEW Local 1340
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 162
Default Re: The "what do you hate about your Ranger today" thread

I hate that I dont have a toolbox in the bed and have to have my work tools and stuff in the cab behind my seats

Hate the fact I dont have a subwoofer because I dont have room in the cab because of issue one

All in due time though lol
__________________
'03 Edge 3.0 V6 M5OD
K&N Filter, Air box Mod, zXe Bulbs
Line-X Bedliner, Kobalt Toolbox (61.5x12x13)
Reply With Quote
  #3422  
Old 10-10-2015, 01:46 PM
TB-9862 TB-9862 is offline
"How hard could it be?"
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,179
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gainaxx View Post
I hate that I dont have a toolbox in the bed and have to have my work tools and stuff in the cab behind my seats

Hate the fact I dont have a subwoofer because I dont have room in the cab because of issue one

All in due time though lol
Get a flatbox powered sub, I have one in the rear of the cab and a set of drawers on the floor and I can still jam people back there!
__________________
Dennis Brady

Black 2001 4x2 XLT Supercab 3.0 "Shadow" - WIA

Black 2001 4x4 EDGE Supercab 4.0 ('Body donor' for Shadow lol)

Build thread:
http://www.fordrangerforum.com/proje...adow-redo.html
Reply With Quote
  #3423  
Old 10-10-2015, 02:15 PM
Gainaxx Gainaxx is offline
IBEW Local 1340
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 162
Default Re: The "what do you hate about your Ranger today" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB-9862 View Post
Get a flatbox powered sub, I have one in the rear of the cab and a set of drawers on the floor and I can still jam people back there!
A box isnt the problem lol

The problem is I have my tool bag, waist pouch, ratchet set, hard hat, and a few miscellaneous items behind my seats

Should have specified its a standard cab
__________________
'03 Edge 3.0 V6 M5OD
K&N Filter, Air box Mod, zXe Bulbs
Line-X Bedliner, Kobalt Toolbox (61.5x12x13)
Reply With Quote
  #3424  
Old 10-11-2015, 08:58 PM
HPDave HPDave is offline
Like the Forums
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 35
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gainaxx View Post
A box isnt the problem lol The problem is I have my tool bag, waist pouch, ratchet set, hard hat, and a few miscellaneous items behind my seats Should have specified its a standard cab
This is what I'm saying. I have found a flat box but I have tools behind my seats, single cab.
__________________
1967 Mustang Coupe 289
1989 Mustang LX SSP 5.0
1994 Ranger XLT 2.3L
Reply With Quote
  #3425  
Old 10-12-2015, 02:38 PM
Garfield Garfield is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 843
Default Re: The "what do you hate about your Ranger today" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gainaxx View Post
A box isnt the problem lol

The problem is I have my tool bag, waist pouch, ratchet set, hard hat, and a few miscellaneous items behind my seats

Should have specified its a standard cab
Buy a toolbox? Mine is like my trunk, couldn't do without it.
__________________
My Build Thread
Reply With Quote
  #3426  
Old 10-12-2015, 05:28 PM
GSF1200S GSF1200S is offline
Wrist Twister
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 990
Default Re: The "what do you hate about your Ranger today" thread

I hate that my Ranger is cursed. Every %$&#*!@ traffic light: "STOP! You and the 15 other cars on the main road of traffic need to STOP so this one car that just pulled up can turn left." Then of course, the light stays green for 2 minutes with noone else going through it.

Then of course, the left turn light and main light of the traffic travelling opposite goes green; it doesnt matter which side im on. After Ive idled for 5 minutes, I get a green. Just as I get up to the next light, "STOP!"

It doesnt matter whether I take off slowly or floor it complete with quick shifts- result is the same.

My hatred for the traffic light burns with the intensity of a million suns. I lie awake at night wondering if hell is downtown Austin.

__________________
2002 Ford Ranger XLT Supercab, 2.3L Duratec I4, 5-speed manual, 4.10 gears, ~100,000 miles
Power nothing with air conditioning; crank windows for life!
Throttle cable mod, retained accessory power mod, 2006 thermostat w/resistor mod
Headlight relay harness, Philips xtreme-vision bulbs
P235/75R15 Michelin LTX M/S2s
Reply With Quote
  #3427  
Old 10-12-2015, 05:48 PM
Skylark65 Skylark65 is offline
"Race Internals"
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,717
Default Re: The "what do you hate about your Ranger today" thread

I hate that my seatbelt won't stay buckled.
__________________
2000 XLT 4X4, 3.0, Auto, regular cab - throttle cable mod, K&N drop in filter, taylor thundervolt 8.2 plug wires, autolite sparkplugs, Accel coil pack, AVS Ventshades, Rampage LED tailgate light bar, BFGoodrich All Terrain T/A tires, Trail F/X toolbox, cruse control pod light fix, Cobra 19 ultra II CB, lil wil antenna, pioneer door speakers, expo woodgrain radio bezal, 06+ mirrors & tails, powerdome hood

2000 XLT 4X4 Offroad, 4.0 / auto, supercab - the project truck!
Reply With Quote
  #3428  
Old 10-12-2015, 06:35 PM
GLH GLH is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 8,818
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSF1200S View Post
I hate that my Ranger is cursed. Every %$&#*!@ traffic light: "STOP! You and the 15 other cars on the main road of traffic need to STOP so this one car that just pulled up can turn left." Then of course, the light stays green for 2 minutes with noone else going through it. Then of course, the left turn light and main light of the traffic travelling opposite goes green; it doesnt matter which side im on. After Ive idled for 5 minutes, I get a green. Just as I get up to the next light, "STOP!" It doesnt matter whether I take off slowly or floor it complete with quick shifts- result is the same. My hatred for the traffic light burns with the intensity of a million suns. I lie awake at night wondering if hell is downtown Austin.
What's your hurry dude ?
Reply With Quote
  #3429  
Old 10-12-2015, 08:25 PM
GSF1200S GSF1200S is offline
Wrist Twister
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 990
Default Re: The "what do you hate about your Ranger today" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLH View Post
What's your hurry dude ?
Its not that I'm in a hurry. It even happens when I am just going out for a drive. It gets so bad sometimes I laugh. I'm talking no cars on the road except me- light turns red and I sit there for 5 minutes.

I mean, I know some lights are timed and all that, but damn does it get annoying after awhile.
__________________
2002 Ford Ranger XLT Supercab, 2.3L Duratec I4, 5-speed manual, 4.10 gears, ~100,000 miles
Power nothing with air conditioning; crank windows for life!
Throttle cable mod, retained accessory power mod, 2006 thermostat w/resistor mod
Headlight relay harness, Philips xtreme-vision bulbs
P235/75R15 Michelin LTX M/S2s
Reply With Quote
  #3430  
Old 10-12-2015, 11:08 PM
GLH GLH is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 8,818
Default

OK, but have you ever noticed when you pass someone, they are always behind you or beside you at the next light. JS.
Reply With Quote
  #3431  
Old 10-13-2015, 04:37 AM
GSF1200S GSF1200S is offline
Wrist Twister
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 990
Default Re: The "what do you hate about your Ranger today" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLH View Post
OK, but have you ever noticed when you pass someone, they are always behind you or beside you at the next light. JS.
What is this "pass someone" that you speak of? Trust me when I say I drive the Ranger pretty damn slow- passing people is something reserved for the bikes I have.

I get what youre saying- but it seems like my truck has a chip that tells lights to turn red whether other cars are on the road with me or not
__________________
2002 Ford Ranger XLT Supercab, 2.3L Duratec I4, 5-speed manual, 4.10 gears, ~100,000 miles
Power nothing with air conditioning; crank windows for life!
Throttle cable mod, retained accessory power mod, 2006 thermostat w/resistor mod
Headlight relay harness, Philips xtreme-vision bulbs
P235/75R15 Michelin LTX M/S2s
Reply With Quote
  #3432  
Old 10-13-2015, 07:41 AM
tredeh tredeh is offline
I almost bought a chevy
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 3,727
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSF1200S View Post
What is this "pass someone" that you speak of? Trust me when I say I drive the Ranger pretty damn slow- passing people is something reserved for the bikes I have. I get what youre saying- but it seems like my truck has a chip that tells lights to turn red whether other cars are on the road with me or not
#cityproblems

I stick to back roads if I can
__________________
1996 ranger 3.0 extended cab 2wd straight shift SOLD 6/13/15

2003 f150 4.2 regular cab 2wd straight shift still in the driveway

1998 f150 4.2 regular cab 2wd automatic daily driver
Reply With Quote
  #3433  
Old 10-13-2015, 06:31 PM
LilRanger93 LilRanger93 is offline
Go ahead, make my day
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,841
Default Re: The "what do you hate about your Ranger today" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by tredeh View Post
#cityproblems

I stick to back roads if I can
Where I live, if you stick to major streets, you will be sitting in traffic. It's all about the side street shortcuts .
__________________
93 Ranger XL 3.0 V6
-Tint, wheels, K&N filter, Flowmaster super 44.
04 Mustang GT Vert.
-Tons of mods, supercharged 392/393
Quote:
Originally Posted by stateranger View Post
If want real power you need to Plasti-Dip the entire engine including the valves and bearings, that's good for up to 150 horsepower.
Reply With Quote
  #3434  
Old 10-13-2015, 07:15 PM
camodown camodown is offline
I'm kind of a big deal
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 4,842
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSF1200S View Post
I lie awake at night wondering if hell is downtown Austin.
For driving, yes it is.
__________________
Lifted and junk

Double Lifted Rangers
Reply With Quote
  #3435  
Old 10-13-2015, 07:40 PM
TheArcticWolf1911 TheArcticWolf1911 is offline
Occasional.
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 728
Send a message via Skype™ to TheArcticWolf1911
Default Re: The "what do you hate about your Ranger today" thread

^ You guys should drive on the east side of Evansville for a day. They didn't nickname it 'stoplight city' for nothing. You got moron drivers, green lights that last for a few seconds, people that don't move when it does turn green (see no. 1), rows of stoplights that aren't timed in sync with each other, and not to mention the roads themselves. Pothole here, a pothole there, crappy patch work and manholes oh my. Just cross the bridge into Henderson Kentucky and you immediately see a difference. It's pathetic.

EDIT: To build on that, the exit to my neighborhood right now is blocked off by sewer work. Two things wrong with this. One, sewer work. Stinks to high heaven. And two, for some reason, they made it so you cannot make a left turn. There's a second exit three blocks down or so from the first one, and guess what? That one is blocked off too. You can only go to the right. However, every place we go to requires you to go left. This is a four lane road, mind you. Help me!
__________________
Fourth Gen, Harvest Gold, 1999 Ford Ranger; 3.0 V6 Vulcan; 4x4 Automatic
Limited Edition, Wolf Series

NEVER use pipe cleaners! They BREAK! Ask me how I know that.

Last edited by TheArcticWolf1911; 10-13-2015 at 08:46 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Armrest console: I hate it! Dang Interior Tech 65 09-05-2013 06:06 PM
cars you love to hate mr.ranger Off Topic 229 10-25-2011 12:37 PM
Saw a lifted ranger today Ranger01 General Ford Ranger Discussion 9 02-22-2011 08:13 PM
I hate Chevrolet joebillygoat Introduce Yourself 41 04-07-2010 11:25 AM
Don't hate me cuz I'm from NorCal LasPulgas Introduce Yourself 10 12-15-2009 09:11 PM