Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #76  
Old 03-24-2013, 12:17 PM
knightmare1015 knightmare1015 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,010
Default Re: 2015 Ford F-100....?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01RangerEdge View Post
I'm sad that instead of a discussion about a prototype Ford truck being tested a bunch of wannabe engineers decided to derail a potentially worthwhile read.

I'm not even going to weigh in on your physics class, but I will say that before you guys start spouting off your 'facts', do yourself a favor and take engineering classes. And before you jump all over me about being misinformed, I'm a Mechanical Engineer for Toyota, I've taken these classes.

Anyway, I look forward to what the future of Ford trucks has for us.
The engineering definately has changed over the years. It's gotten alot better and they're alot more safer than they were 20 years ago. That was one of the reasons that alot of the manufacturers decided to "retool" their factories. I wouldn't mind seeing the return of the ranger or the F-100, but we all know that Ford would have to retool their factory again for both of these platforms and both of those platforms just don't have the numbers behind them for Ford to retool for these 2 models. I will say that I'd start with the frame/Chassis on the Ranger. It needed upgrading and "re-engineering" 20+ years ago.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon587 View Post
Yea, you can make a 5, 000 pound truck pull 30, 000 pounds just as well as a 10, 000 pound truck could power wise, but when its windy on the interstate and your pulling a 50 ft fifth wheel, id rather be in the 10, 000 lbs truck, cause the 5, 000 pound one will make you have a long scary ride. Or imagine passing a rig on the interstate, it will blow you around more in the smaller truck. So, really you do need a heavier truck to pull heavier things, not cause a lighter one cant do it as well power wise, but because of handleing in the biggest factor of wind for the two sizes of trucks.
^ Exactly. Also the shorter wheelbase on the smaller truck would become a huge problem in terms of starting and stopping if you're on a local highway or driving in town as appossed to driving on interstate.
__________________
SOLD: 2004 Ford Ranger Edge 3.0 V6 5 speed



www.knightmare1015.blogspot.com

Last edited by knightmare1015; 03-24-2013 at 12:20 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 03-24-2013, 01:08 PM
Nightmare Nightmare is offline
Ford Tough
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 399
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011_Sport View Post
Hey gcextreme, show me one single post anywhere on this entire forum with this exact link posted in it for discussion....oh wait a second, there isn't. Do me a favor and go suck a bag of dicks!! You want to talk about beating a dead horse, 50% of the posts on this forum are "will these tires fit?" "can I make my gas mileage better" I'm sorry for trying to bring in fresh links and discussions to this forum. Most people on here would rather bicker than discuss any topics of importance or interest.

Lone-ranger, I also think that it looks very similar to the current f-150 from what we can see under the camo. However ford is getting pretty smart with testing certain elements of new vehicles on existing platforms. For example there are pictures of a 2013 mustang body, with a new platform clearly underneath. Maybe this is ford testing new rear ends and differentials, new power plants? Who knows. However I find any new truck very exciting to speculate over. I appreciate your point of view.
Hahahaha

Sent from my iPhone using FRF App
__________________
I have a 99 3.0 xlt FORD ranger 2wd I replaced the heads on it wires, plugs, water pump, timing chain, cam position sensor,coil pack,rear end,ball joints all 4,rack n pinion,left spindle, two rotors pads, speedometer, all new speakers kenwood 500 wats,hood,fender,grill,blinker,headlight,bumper,ta il light,3inch lift in back, 2 inch lift in front,air box mod, fuel filter, egr valve, o2 sensors,starter,front wheel bearings,radio harness,neons in and under, subs,new radio,
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 03-24-2013, 01:58 PM
Vogenitz69 Vogenitz69 is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,161
Default

Here is an example that supports both sides!

This f350 holds way less than the modern 350. HOWEVER it is also a fraction of the size! My ranger is about the same size as this thing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image-2177496167.jpg (61.3 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg image-2813518805.jpg (75.8 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg image-911785711.jpg (89.3 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg image-1280548790.jpg (77.5 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg image-4201271598.jpg (89.2 KB, 35 views)
__________________
2000 Ford Ranger GT 5.0 V8 ~ Work-in-progress, 4" Spindle, 2" Shackle, 2" AAL, Bilstein 4600's, 7/8" Hellwig Rear Sway Bar, 33x10.5r15, Torque Monster Headers, M5R2 5 Speed, ARE Bed Cap
1987 Ford F-150 Lariat 5.0 V8 ~ "Heavy" Hauler, 2" AAL, Stock otherwise
2006 Honda Civic LX 1.6 Totaled
2011 Acura TSX 2.4 ~Daily Driver
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 03-25-2013, 09:20 PM
toyoracing toyoracing is offline
Lovin' the Ranger
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 412
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01RangerEdge View Post
I'm sad that instead of a discussion about a prototype Ford truck being tested a bunch of wannabe engineers decided to derail a potentially worthwhile read.

I'm not even going to weigh in on your physics class, but I will say that before you guys start spouting off your 'facts', do yourself a favor and take engineering classes. And before you jump all over me about being misinformed, I'm a Mechanical Engineer for Toyota, I've taken these classes.

Anyway, I look forward to what the future of Ford trucks has for us.
Because we've all been at this before. Great, a possible replacement for the ranger or a cheaper version of the bloated f150. That's the gist. Pandering to a topic still related to the original but isn't exactly a discussion is well...still on topic. You're not seeing the reason why people originally started the other topic. Basically the reason behind why ford discontinued the ranger and never considered a redesign, and why they would consider a lesser version of the f150. Honestly if its just another f150 version I could give two cat shits less as I'm seriously not interested in them. I would rather buy a used or older model or a newer ranger before considering one because whenever I do need a full size, I always need more capability than a half ton, hence why I'm buying a older one ton later this week. 3200 bucks and I get a truck that's happy towing 15k pounds and gets better mileage loaded or unloaded than a half ton gasser would ever dream of.
__________________
2001 Ranger xl 2wd 2DR with a 3.0.

Mods: CAI, exhaust, tune, ported/polished heads,, ported/honed intake manifold, 3.73 Limited slip differential, Pyle double din head unit, kicker TSV10 subwoofer, Hifonics 800W amplifier, 18'' Forged Ravage series wheels, Kumho tires, blue colored cluster, under dash interior lighting, Rhino liner, tow hitch and Pioneer door speakers. Hopes and dreams.
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 03-26-2013, 12:47 AM
bobbywalter bobbywalter is offline
Like the Forums
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 47
Default Re: 2015 Ford F-100....?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSCblow View Post
The Ecoboost would be sweet in a ranger but it sure wouldnt be a cheap setup, eck the company doing the mod for the Raptor I saw on Spike Tv said they were buying the F150 ecoboost then doing a frame swap with a Raptor as it was cheaper to do that way.... Might be cheaper but without the tool that seem way too labor intensive. Id like to see the Escape 4cyl boosted one tho in a Ranger, crank the boost and have a go.

theres quite a few reasons for that. the number one being simplification and the ease of using just normal tools.---bolt/go---plug/play. this is easier and faster. makes it cost effective. theres pro and con.














the raging debate on the sizes is silly though.

my ranger weighs more then a regular cab 79 f350 and when i have the big springs can haul more and tow more. when i drop the fresh engine in it, it will be more powerful and get better economy then any 70's-mid-80's ford. likely better mpg even towing 6k.

currently it goes and stops and gets better economy then when it rolled off the assembly line with its 2.9 v6 and a4ld failomatic....thats on top of it lifted 8 inches and when its on 33inch tires verse factory height and 225's. add its doing that with a 6.5 liter engine with 70's tech captain cave pig engine technology by comparison and things really look bad.

its also a horrid ugly pos with the manners of a conestoga wagon...
maybe a conestoga wagon would actually be nicer.


a modern f150 woulld kill a 70's 350 truck and weighs much more as well.

the 99 lightening....which is not really a truck for towing like a ranger......was the first pickup with a gas engine to crack 400 ft pounds factory.

think about that.


relatives are a different factor.

you can easily make a modern turbo diesel ranger safely tow 8000 pounds.


they come able to do over 7 k. stock and get 35 mpg unloaded.

think about that. that is fawking ruthless.

those pics from the op thread start are likely just 2015 prototype 150s...but a light more compact 100 would be nice with 27 mpg or better. i am sure all would agree.


but a modern 150 is a huge hiside mother fawker to drive and i like the size of the ranger for most stuff.

since the ****suckers wont build what i need and want i just have to do it myself.

the only reason the ranger is gone is because ford sucks...no real updates for 15 years and it still sold well. if they would have simply brought the world ranger diesel powertrain and the ecoboost engines to it, it would have destroyed 150 sales knocking the f series as the sales leader for a billion years running

....so i say rename slightly restyle the world ranger and call it a f100....winnie win win.
__________________
88 ranger ext cab....propelled via a 6.5 diesel tickling 4l80 cog box, with a f208 hanging on for dear life trying to spin 1 tons turning from 33 to 44 inch tires depending on the days agenda.


sooo....how a like me now
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 06-17-2013, 09:55 AM
toyoracing toyoracing is offline
Lovin' the Ranger
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 412
Default

Anyone who tows more than their truck is rated deserves glazed over clutch disks, melted blocks and worn out brakes/suspension.
__________________
2001 Ranger xl 2wd 2DR with a 3.0.

Mods: CAI, exhaust, tune, ported/polished heads,, ported/honed intake manifold, 3.73 Limited slip differential, Pyle double din head unit, kicker TSV10 subwoofer, Hifonics 800W amplifier, 18'' Forged Ravage series wheels, Kumho tires, blue colored cluster, under dash interior lighting, Rhino liner, tow hitch and Pioneer door speakers. Hopes and dreams.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Craigslist / eBay Find: 1973 Ford F-100 bodkin1 Trucks 0 02-17-2013 07:45 PM
2015 mustang Bossrange02 Off Topic 107 11-06-2012 06:41 PM
99 Ford Ranger for 100 bucks exclucid Introduce Yourself 14 10-06-2011 03:56 PM
Craigslist / eBay Find: 4.0 V-6 ford motor blown headgasket - $100 94mtx Engine & Drivetrain Parts 3 09-02-2011 10:40 PM
For Sale: Ford Ranger Running Boards $100 Wa/Or BryFin83 Exterior Parts 5 02-11-2010 08:13 AM