Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #16  
Old 03-08-2013, 11:23 AM
thatranger thatranger is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,061
Default Re: Ford Loyalty Incentive of $1000. for Rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by skytop View Post
When the time comes to trade up to a full size Ford truck, Ford will give you $1000. incentive.

Ranger Owner Loyalty

$1000 Cash Incentive. Ranger Owner Loyalty to customers who currently own or lease a 1995 or newer Ranger and purchase or lease. NOT OK with RCL/RCO Renewal or Owner Loyalty Programs. Customer does NOT have to be original owner.
Show me proof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guell View Post
I'll keep my ranger and tell them where to shove the 150
+1 ^
__________________
2002 Ranger 3.0 XLT | 5Speed | Flareside | 2wd | 3.73open |
__________________________________________________

Quote:
"You rev it, and rev it, and rev it until the valves come out and dance on top of the bonnet. And then you change gear" - James May
Quote:
"9,000rpms into third!"- Jeremy Clarkson
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-08-2013, 11:28 AM
gcextreme gcextreme is offline
Sept. TOTM
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12,248
Default Re: Ford Loyalty Incentive of $1000. for Rangers

Yes but they will jack up the price $2000...lol
__________________
1999 Ranger 3.0FFV-ExtCab-4x4-My 99 Build
1998 Ranger 3.0-ExtCab-4x4-PROJECT TRUCK-My 98 Build

GC-EXTREME GRAPHICS
NEED CUSTOM DECALS, APPAREL, or GLASS MUGS?
Visit My Thread!
Custom Stuff, Great Quality, & Great Prices!
These Graphics ROCK!

Buggman LEDS & GC-Extreme Graphics Joint Venture Mod Products Coming Soon!
Are you READY?!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-08-2013, 11:55 AM
WyldeChild WyldeChild is offline
Religion sucks
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,335
Default Re: Ford Loyalty Incentive of $1000. for Rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcextreme View Post
If the ranger wasnt profitable they wouldnt have made and sold them for about 30 yrs.
If the ranger lost profits and sales its because ford decided not to improve it and decided they want to force buyers to buy the larger more expensive f150.
If the ranger sales dropped it could be due to the fact that rangers stay on the road longer and their owners keep them running instead of dropping cash for a new one.

If i had a car business and i offered a car that was small and with a price tag of $8000 and another car thats large with a price tag of $25000....i would eventually stop selling the small car and force buyers to buy the larger expensive car.

Who here really really knows how much it costs ford to make one ranger???
What about the f150?
You dont know how much it costs so u dont know what the profit is.
You assume they were losing money on the ranger.
Unless you are fords accountant bookkeeper all u can do is assume.
What people want changes. Sure, they sold well enough for 30 years that they kept selling them. Clearly Ford doesn't want to lose money...so if they were selling THAT well, they would have kept them around.

They aren't going to take a great selling vehicle that pulls huge profit margins and discontinue it. That would be tarded. There is more of a need/want for the F150...and to be honest...you can probably get into one for close to or around the same price as a brand new Ranger (before they discontinued them). I saw some FX4 Rangers selling for 30k+ on the lots around here. Hell, I saw one 2wd XLT extended cab going for 24k!!!!

Why drive around in a small truck that gets below average MPG's, when you can drive around in a fullsize truck with more power, better or similar MPG's, and all for around the same price??? 95% of the population has no interest in wheeling their brand new rigs....or wheeling in general for that matter. They buy trucks to haul/tow/DD/whatever...and the Fiddy is better for that. I don't care what any of you say.
__________________
2005 XLT Ranger
4.0, 5spd, 4x4, 3" BL, 15x8 MB 72's, 33x12.50 Goodyear Duratracs, 10% Tint all around, Panasonic Deck, 2 12" Alpine Type E's, Kenwood Amp, FX4 Shifter with knob, Silver Husky Low Pro Box, Color matched Topper with Yakima Racks, XCAL 2 w/ La Sota 91 performance tune, dual exhaust with Flo Pro Super V muffler, Manik Brush Guard, Uniden PC78Elite CB, 4 foot firestick, Airbox mod, Throttle cable mod
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-08-2013, 12:36 PM
ford4thot ford4thot is offline
2019 SSVT Ford 'Maro
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 14,638
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemgreen99 View Post
I will trade mine for a $5,000 incentive. $1,000? No thanks.

2009 ford ranger xl regular cab 5 speed manual.
I wouldn't trade my ranger for an F-150 ever. If I ever buy an F-150, it would be out of necessity for my (hopefully) growing construction business, but I would not trade the ranger. I bought my 2011 brand new and could never get a brand new ranger again, no matter the incentive
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-08-2013, 06:06 PM
Shakedown Shakedown is offline
Gimme your money
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 147
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyldeChild View Post

What people want changes. Sure, they sold well enough for 30 years that they kept selling them. Clearly Ford doesn't want to lose money...so if they were selling THAT well, they would have kept them around.

They aren't going to take a great selling vehicle that pulls huge profit margins and discontinue it. That would be tarded. There is more of a need/want for the F150...and to be honest...you can probably get into one for close to or around the same price as a brand new Ranger (before they discontinued them). I saw some FX4 Rangers selling for 30k+ on the lots around here. Hell, I saw one 2wd XLT extended cab going for 24k!!!!

Why drive around in a small truck that gets below average MPG's, when you can drive around in a fullsize truck with more power, better or similar MPG's, and all for around the same price??? 95% of the population has no interest in wheeling their brand new rigs....or wheeling in general for that matter. They buy trucks to haul/tow/DD/whatever...and the Fiddy is better for that. I don't care what any of you say.
I've heard this argument before, but considering the Tacoma outsells the tundra, I think your wrong.
__________________
2004 FX4 4.0L SOHC 5 speed manual. Mod list: Throttle cable, blinker, headlight, torsion bar (1.5"), intake mod, Pioneer DEH 9400, RF 10" shallow punch DVC 300 watt rms, retrofit bixenon projectors, red painted calipers and drums, red painted tow hooks, bull bar, 2" shackle lift.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 03-08-2013, 06:16 PM
CitySlick CitySlick is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,250
Default Re: Ford Loyalty Incentive of $1000. for Rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifedigger View Post
They are improving them for highway use yes, take any of them off road for any amount of time they won't hold up like the rangers do. even the newer rangers are getting cheaper, my 2000 is twice as dependable as my brother's 05. The new f-150 is great for pavement use and an occasional trip down a gravel road but anything serious causes it to rattle apart. the 96-2001 rangers can't be beat.
um, bud, the newer rangers are the exact same shit as your precious 2000.

not to mention, the 98-2000.5 rangers had shitty vacuum operated 4x4. 2000.5+ have live axle, MUCH more reliable. so, dont know where you get the idea the newer ones are worse.


as for the $1K incentive, whats so bad about that? its pretty friggin awesome ford would be willing to give their customers an extra grand when they upgrade.....

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakedown View Post
I've heard this argument before, but considering the Tacoma outsells the tundra, I think your wrong.
that's because the tindra is a complete turd, and people that what a half ton go with ford, chevy, or ram.

and the reason the tundra does so well lately, is because there are really no other options if you want a brand new mid size truck.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-08-2013, 06:21 PM
01RangerEdge 01RangerEdge is offline
Scrambles the DeathDealer
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,847
Default Re: Ford Loyalty Incentive of $1000. for Rangers

When my parents were shopping for a new Explorer they called me and said "The dealer is offering an extra $1000 because you have a Ranger."

I didn't care to investigate further, I just thought it was nice gesture since they're discontinued.
__________________
2001 Ranger Edge 4.0L 4x4 Build Thread
Interior: OHC w/ LED lighting, Alpine S speakers, Eclipse 10" sub w/ custom box, Rockford amp, black interior, Expo console & leathers seats, LED gauges, Kenwood KDC-794, JL Audio 4ch amp, Cobra 19
Exterior: CAI, PA speaker, Flowmaster 40, modded corners, 06 tails, LED brake & reverse lights, Level II hooks, front hitch, black billet grill
Drivetrain: D30 SAS, 35" Toyo Open Country MT, 20x12 Fuel Mavericks
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 03-08-2013, 09:21 PM
teemgreen99 teemgreen99 is offline
Ford Tough
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 389
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford4thot View Post

I wouldn't trade my ranger for an F-150 ever. If I ever buy an F-150, it would be out of necessity for my (hopefully) growing construction business, but I would not trade the ranger. I bought my 2011 brand new and could never get a brand new ranger again, no matter the incentive
I love my ranger to death however i had an 05 and 06 crew cab F-150 and will tell you i would much rather have them back. I bought my ranger because i went bankrupt after a bad divorce. I still needed a truck and im a ford guy.

2009 ford ranger xl regular cab 5 speed manual.
__________________
2009 ford ranger xl regular cab 2.3litre 4 cylinder 5 speed manual 79,000 miles.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 03-08-2013, 09:34 PM
gcextreme gcextreme is offline
Sept. TOTM
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12,248
Default Re: Ford Loyalty Incentive of $1000. for Rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by CitySlick View Post
um, bud, the newer rangers are the exact same shit as your precious 2000.

not to mention, the 98-2000.5 rangers had shitty vacuum operated 4x4. 2000.5+ have live axle, MUCH more reliable. so, dont know where you get the idea the newer ones are worse.


as for the $1K incentive, whats so bad about that? its pretty friggin awesome ford would be willing to give their customers an extra grand when they upgrade.....

----------



that's because the tindra is a complete turd, and people that what a half ton go with ford, chevy, or ram.

and the reason the tundra does so well lately, is because there are really no other options if you want a brand new mid size truck.

Vacuum hubs easy fix...switch to manuals...better mpgs and less wear and tear than a live axle setup.

$1000 dollar incentive isnt nothing....it costs like $700 for a spark plug job in the new f150s so ford will get that $1000 and more back out of u from maintenance at dealerships.
__________________
1999 Ranger 3.0FFV-ExtCab-4x4-My 99 Build
1998 Ranger 3.0-ExtCab-4x4-PROJECT TRUCK-My 98 Build

GC-EXTREME GRAPHICS
NEED CUSTOM DECALS, APPAREL, or GLASS MUGS?
Visit My Thread!
Custom Stuff, Great Quality, & Great Prices!
These Graphics ROCK!

Buggman LEDS & GC-Extreme Graphics Joint Venture Mod Products Coming Soon!
Are you READY?!
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 03-08-2013, 09:51 PM
01RangerEdge 01RangerEdge is offline
Scrambles the DeathDealer
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,847
Default Re: Ford Loyalty Incentive of $1000. for Rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcextreme View Post
Vacuum hubs easy fix...switch to manuals...better mpgs and less wear and tear than a live axle setup
The live axle is actually a stronger setup. But I agree it would be nice to unlock it
__________________
2001 Ranger Edge 4.0L 4x4 Build Thread
Interior: OHC w/ LED lighting, Alpine S speakers, Eclipse 10" sub w/ custom box, Rockford amp, black interior, Expo console & leathers seats, LED gauges, Kenwood KDC-794, JL Audio 4ch amp, Cobra 19
Exterior: CAI, PA speaker, Flowmaster 40, modded corners, 06 tails, LED brake & reverse lights, Level II hooks, front hitch, black billet grill
Drivetrain: D30 SAS, 35" Toyo Open Country MT, 20x12 Fuel Mavericks
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 03-09-2013, 04:41 AM
djfllmn djfllmn is offline
ford dealer parts guy
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 20,946
Send a message via AIM to djfllmn
Default Re: Ford Loyalty Incentive of $1000. for Rangers

yea the live axle is what kills the ranger MPG...oh well i still get better in my F150
__________________
2021 F150 5.0 Screw

Past:18 F150 2.7, 16 F150 5.0, 14 F150 5.0, 07 F150 5.4, 03 Ranger 4.0

Master Certified Ford Parts / Warranty Admin
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 03-09-2013, 06:42 AM
ford4thot ford4thot is offline
2019 SSVT Ford 'Maro
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 14,638
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djfllmn View Post
i still get better in my F150
No one cares dj!
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 03-09-2013, 07:09 AM
djfllmn djfllmn is offline
ford dealer parts guy
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 20,946
Send a message via AIM to djfllmn
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford4thot View Post

No one cares dj!
Lol

Sent from my HTC One X using FRF App so you can hate on my F150 no matter where I am
__________________
2021 F150 5.0 Screw

Past:18 F150 2.7, 16 F150 5.0, 14 F150 5.0, 07 F150 5.4, 03 Ranger 4.0

Master Certified Ford Parts / Warranty Admin
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 03-09-2013, 07:32 AM
FX4level2 baja FX4level2 baja is offline
project BTR
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,066
Default Re: Ford Loyalty Incentive of $1000. for Rangers

Considering my trade in valve is rated at 8k and they sell the raptor for 68k that incentive is bs
__________________
2004 FX4 level 2 (sold)
2006 350z 6spd, agency power twin turbo, stillen exhaust, tien coilovers, aem gauges, kenwood dvd head unit. 550hp
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 03-09-2013, 10:55 AM
cranger11 cranger11 is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 584
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FX4level2 baja View Post
Considering my trade in valve is rated at 8k and they sell the raptor for 68k that incentive is bs
Lol ya ur short 59k still:

Sent from my iPhone using FRF App
__________________
2009 Ford Ranger FX4
-4.10's, Black Leather Interior, Magnaflow Dual Turndowns Exhaust, K&N Air Filter, Torsion Bar Crank, PIAA Xtreme Headlights, Throttle Cable Mod, Air Silencer Mod, Pioneer 6x9s, Black Plastidipped Rims
-265/75/16 Wild Country XTX Sports
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
$1000 for Ford to change my fuel pump. Seriously? kman101 General Tech 21 12-14-2013 08:03 AM
Where does your loyalty lie Greenroomsurfer General Ford Ranger Discussion 127 10-20-2012 06:29 AM
Craigslist / eBay Find: 1993 Ford ranger XL- long, 138mi, black, 2dr, 5speed! - $1000 (Wheeling, IL 60090) 94mtx Trucks 0 09-06-2011 04:53 PM
Best lift kit for under 1000$ apreda Lifted Suspension 4 05-25-2010 07:13 PM
One month = < $1000 whitedge Vehicle Snapshots 25 01-31-2010 08:07 PM