Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #16  
Old 07-03-2011, 03:13 PM
JesuSaves JesuSaves is offline
California Girl
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 107
Default Re: Are Ford Rangers overpriced in your opinion?

I don't think so. I just got a new 2011 with a $4500 rebate and 2.7% financing.

----------

Toyota doesn't put manual tranny's in very many of their trucks anymore, and they are waaay over priced. as are Nissan Frontiers. I think I got a good deal.
__________________
2011 Ford Ranger XLT Extended Cab/Oxford White/2.3DOHC/power windows,locks,cruise control, Satellite and MP3, 5-speed manual, tinted windows, leather wrapped steering wheel, Ford over-the-rail bed liner, custom seat covers. I think this is supposed to be a fleet truck, but now its just my truck.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 07-03-2011, 09:07 PM
Rango88 Rango88 is offline
N/A
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 9,031
Default Re: Are Ford Rangers overpriced in your opinion?

at $18K my ranger wasnt over priced brand new
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 07-03-2011, 09:10 PM
Drexl Drexl is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 752
Default Re: Are Ford Rangers overpriced in your opinion?

at $19,700 my fx4 definitely wasn't overpriced brand new.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 07-03-2011, 09:13 PM
Rango88 Rango88 is offline
N/A
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 9,031
Default Re: Are Ford Rangers overpriced in your opinion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexl View Post
at $19,700 my fx4 definitely wasn't overpriced brand new.
thats a steal as well
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 07-03-2011, 09:14 PM
Rg1Baja Rg1Baja is offline
DirtFreeks Mtrspts #7299
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 180
Default Re: Are Ford Rangers overpriced in your opinion?

Isnt ever car/truck over priced at a dealer?
__________________
DirtFreeks Motorsports
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 07-03-2011, 09:14 PM
Drexl Drexl is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 752
Default Re: Are Ford Rangers overpriced in your opinion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rango88 View Post
thats a steal as well
A-Plan ftw!
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 07-03-2011, 09:23 PM
canadiangurl canadiangurl is offline
You can't fix stupid
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 175
Default Re: Are Ford Rangers overpriced in your opinion?

Mine brand new sticker price was still at least $3000 less than a single cab colarado, base model 4x4.
__________________
2008 XLT 4.0 auto ext cab 4x4
Levelled, 265/75/16 ProComp Xtreme AT on ProComp wheels, dual exhaust, more to come
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 07-03-2011, 09:47 PM
north44 north44 is offline
Ford Truck Driver
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 77
Default Re: Are Ford Rangers overpriced in your opinion?

Check out the MSRP of any other comparably equipped compact truck - the offerings from GM, Dodge and then look at the imports (talk about overpriced!) - and see what they think a new truck is worth.

MSRP is Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price; the key is in the word "Suggested"; you always have room to haggle, and would be a fool not to; you should be able to knock off $1000 right off the bat - add in rebates, low interest loans, student discounts, etc., and the market is open for all kinds of bargains.

So to respond to the OP's question: No, not compared to anything else that's out there similarly equipped, and compared to what their asking price is.

BTW that's for new vehicles.

For used vehicles, there are way too many variables (condition of vehicle, how well it was maintained, how it was driven, used for, Mods, which can be improvements and in some cases, liabilities - because, face it, we've all seen Mods which can make us want to puke - and so on and so forth . . .) so that's more of a individual assessement.

Remember, it's only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, and that is not a simple assessment to make when you're the one selling it (and vice versa - it's only worth what the owner is willing to sell it for, and a buyer can't always easily determine what that price is).

In that respect, the used vehicle market seems more likely to ensure that a "fair price" is arrived at for a particular unit, but that price is often more heavily influenced by availability in a given geographical market (than a new vehicle is).

No simple answer really.
__________________
2003 Supercab Flareside
4 liter V6
4x4 FX4 Level I
5 speed Auto
4.10 LS Rear
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 07-04-2011, 03:12 AM
Rango88 Rango88 is offline
N/A
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 9,031
Default Re: Are Ford Rangers overpriced in your opinion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by north44 View Post
Check out the MSRP of any other comparably equipped compact truck - the offerings from GM, Dodge and then look at the imports (talk about overpriced!) - and see what they think a new truck is worth.

MSRP is Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price; the key is in the word "Suggested"; you always have room to haggle, and would be a fool not to; you should be able to knock off $1000 right off the bat - add in rebates, low interest loans, student discounts, etc., and the market is open for all kinds of bargains.

So to respond to the OP's question: No, not compared to anything else that's out there similarly equipped, and compared to what their asking price is.

BTW that's for new vehicles.

For used vehicles, there are way too many variables (condition of vehicle, how well it was maintained, how it was driven, used for, Mods, which can be improvements and in some cases, liabilities - because, face it, we've all seen Mods which can make us want to puke - and so on and so forth . . .) so that's more of a individual assessement.

Remember, it's only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, and that is not a simple assessment to make when you're the one selling it (and vice versa - it's only worth what the owner is willing to sell it for, and a buyer can't always easily determine what that price is).

In that respect, the used vehicle market seems more likely to ensure that a "fair price" is arrived at for a particular unit, but that price is often more heavily influenced by availability in a given geographical market (than a new vehicle is).

No simple answer really.
well said
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 07-04-2011, 08:21 AM
sgtsandman sgtsandman is offline
Tank Diver
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,078
Default Re: Are Ford Rangers overpriced in your opinion?

Timing is everything. I bought mine when there was a big Ranger promotion sale. I bought mine for 19,450. Ford Ranger Super Cab XLT, 4X4, 4.0L, 5 speed manual. I didn't do as well as Drexl.

Compare the price of a Ranger to a similarly equipped other truck.
__________________
Sgtsandman's Work in Progress
2011 Ranger XLT, 4X4, 4 door Super Cab. 4.0L, 5 Speed M50D-R1HD, 3.73:1, 8.8" open differential, Jason Pace cap
1999 Honda CR-V EX, RT4WD, 2.0L, 5 Speed MT, 4.56:1, open differential
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 07-04-2011, 08:23 AM
djfllmn djfllmn is offline
ford dealer parts guy
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 20,770
Send a message via AIM to djfllmn
Default Re: Are Ford Rangers overpriced in your opinion?

i bought my truck in feb of 09 when the car market was in the shitter and got my fully loaded 03 fx4 with 30K miles for $14,100 after tax tags and title
__________________
2016 F150 Supercrew XLT 5.0
1968 Ford Thunderbird Tudor 429 Thunderjet V8

(Click for Project Log)

traded-2007 F150 XLT Supercab 5.4
Sold:03 Sonic Blue FX4 Steppie 4.0SOHC 5spd
ranger free since 6/15/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan03CO View Post
These threads make me feel better about myself....
Quote:
Originally Posted by guell View Post
Welcome to the internet, if this is your first visit to it I suggest you stock up on a lot of preparation h cause you gonna be butt hurt a lot
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 07-04-2011, 09:05 AM
Ranger Sport Ranger Sport is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,137
Default Re: Are Ford Rangers overpriced in your opinion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rango88 View Post
well said
Actually, no.

He compares apples and oranges. When you pit a compact truck against a mid-size, and are happy to save a few hundred bucks, you deserve to be ripped off.

Also

Who cares about used trucks, they are completely irrelevant to this topic.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 07-04-2011, 10:02 AM
Rango88 Rango88 is offline
N/A
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 9,031
Default Re: Are Ford Rangers overpriced in your opinion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger Sport View Post
Actually, no.

He compares apples and oranges. When you pit a compact truck against a mid-size, and are happy to save a few hundred bucks, you deserve to be ripped off.

Also

Who cares about used trucks, they are completely irrelevant to this topic.
he isnt that far off topic, the topic is if rangers are overpriced and so that would apply to used ones as well I would think. as stated earlier every vehicle is pverpriced, the % of depreciation makes it a stupid investment but still worth it. you just got to haggle and not set your heart on anything to specific, Get what you need out of your (no frills like Nav, TVs, back up Cams, etc) and get out before you ring up your sticker price to double.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 07-04-2011, 12:25 PM
DisturbedESV DisturbedESV is offline
Original Grab-Her
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,430
Send a message via AIM to DisturbedESV
Default Re: Are Ford Rangers overpriced in your opinion?

No one should pay MSRP for any vehicle... whether it's a Ford or a Cadillac you're an idiot if you pay full price.
__________________
2008 XLT 4x4 - GRABBER ORANGE - 4.0 V6 - 5 spd
PNW CREW
Quote:
Originally Posted by camodown View Post
that's it, marie is pissed. game over
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 07-04-2011, 02:49 PM
Ranger Sport Ranger Sport is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,137
Default Re: Are Ford Rangers overpriced in your opinion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rango88 View Post
he isnt that far off topic, the topic is if rangers are overpriced and so that would apply to used ones as well I would think. as stated earlier every vehicle is pverpriced, the % of depreciation makes it a stupid investment but still worth it. you just got to haggle and not set your heart on anything to specific, Get what you need out of your (no frills like Nav, TVs, back up Cams, etc) and get out before you ring up your sticker price to double.
Quote:
Check out the MSRP of any other comparably equipped compact truck - the offerings from GM, Dodge and then look at the imports
Name another compact truck from GM, Dodge, or imports to compare the ranger with.

That's what i meant lol.

The basis of his argument being taken away, the rest fell apart (no offense north44 ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisturbedESV View Post
No one should pay MSRP for any vehicle... whether it's a Ford or a Cadillac you're an idiot if you pay full price.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New to Ford, Rangers, This site. Hi PurrNaK Introduce Yourself 13 04-22-2011 08:04 AM
i love ford rangers ranger1997 Introduce Yourself 11 03-18-2011 02:41 AM
Need an opinion...Ford Recycle your Ride Dantforth General Ford Ranger Discussion 8 05-22-2010 12:09 PM
Do most 94 Ford Rangers...? rockndrums07 General Ford Ranger Discussion 1 01-03-2009 07:40 PM
Ford Rangers in the snow? rockndrums07 General Ford Ranger Discussion 8 11-26-2008 11:43 PM