Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #1  
Old 06-25-2011, 01:28 AM
knightmare1015 knightmare1015 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,010
Default A bad dealer exp.......

This dealer exp. left a bad stain on my vacation this past week. The prick tried his absolute best to get me into an F150 or an Explorer. WTF do I want with a truck that is beyond what I would need, and for damn sure I don't want an SUV. If I had known the pricks were staying later than normal I wouldn't have stopped by at all. Another salesman came out and let me test drive a new 2011 ranger with the 2.4 D.O.H.C 16 valve engine. I didn't like it at all. The thing virtually had no torque and it struggled to to climb some small hills. It also looked alot smaller than what I have now too. When I got back, the bastards were trying to get me to sign some paperwork for a truck that I didn't even drive. The last straw was when I had to scream at him the following words: "I DON'T WANT A NEW VEHICLE OF ANY KIND". Then I asked him why would I trade my current ranger in to have a monthly payment I can't possibly afford and the truck I have now is paid for. If something goes wrong, I'll have it fixed. He says "But sir"... I cut him off at that moment and said hell no. I aint signing a thing cause I don't want a new vehicle. They even followed me as I left the parking lot. They were practically begging me to buy an F150 or the Explorer. One was going for the SUV the other was going for the F150.
__________________
SOLD: 2004 Ford Ranger Edge 3.0 V6 5 speed



www.knightmare1015.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-25-2011, 01:30 AM
Munki Munki is offline
2003 Edge 3.0
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 145
Default Re: A bad dealer exp.......

What did you actually go to the dealer for? Just a test drive? Just looking at the new models? Or picking up a replacement part? Those guys can be ridiculous at times. As soon as I tell them I can't afford a new truck they make one last push and bail though lol
__________________
2003 Black 3.0 Edge-Manual trans-8.8in 4.10-15x8s w/31x10.50s Magnaflow exhaust
Sonar projector housings and 6000k Hids, Sonar LED tails, LED 3rd brake light & 10" Brembo brake drums, shoes, new valance, & grille, and removed pinstripes
eventually changing to black rims & fixing my o2 sensor, cruise ctrl, & adding buckets
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-25-2011, 01:38 AM
knightmare1015 knightmare1015 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,010
Default Re: A bad dealer exp.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munki View Post
What did you actually go to the dealer for? Just a test drive? Just looking at the new models? Or picking up a replacement part? Those guys can be ridiculous at times. As soon as I tell them I can't afford a new truck they make one last push and bail though lol

Basicly to avoid the the leaches I usually go at night to look at the new models. Which was all I wanted to do. I had no idea that they're staying till 8 pm these days is what really happened. These guys were way beyond that "final push". If I didn't know better I'd swear that they would've followed me all over town if someone hadn't stopped them. A State cop pulled in and they didn't even give him a chance to even get out of his car, L.O.L. That's basicly what went down really.
__________________
SOLD: 2004 Ford Ranger Edge 3.0 V6 5 speed



www.knightmare1015.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-25-2011, 01:51 AM
Munki Munki is offline
2003 Edge 3.0
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 145
Default Re: A bad dealer exp.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightmare1015 View Post
Basicly to avoid the the leaches I usually go at night to look at the new models. Which was all I wanted to do. I had no idea that they're staying till 8 pm these days is what really happened. These guys were way beyond that "final push". If I didn't know better I'd swear that they would've followed me all over town if someone hadn't stopped them. A State cop pulled in and they didn't even give him a chance to even get out of his car, L.O.L. That's basicly what went down really.
Thats crazy man. Your guys sound even worse than ours. And I do the same thing sometimes lol The dealership is right in between home and work and I like to walk through they have three sports out right now with a bunch of different options.
__________________
2003 Black 3.0 Edge-Manual trans-8.8in 4.10-15x8s w/31x10.50s Magnaflow exhaust
Sonar projector housings and 6000k Hids, Sonar LED tails, LED 3rd brake light & 10" Brembo brake drums, shoes, new valance, & grille, and removed pinstripes
eventually changing to black rims & fixing my o2 sensor, cruise ctrl, & adding buckets
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-25-2011, 02:05 AM
knightmare1015 knightmare1015 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,010
Default Re: A bad dealer exp.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munki View Post
Thats crazy man. Your guys sound even worse than ours. And I do the same thing sometimes lol The dealership is right in between home and work and I like to walk through they have three sports out right now with a bunch of different options.
I swear that's the first time I've ever seen a grown man beg for someone to buy something, ever. It's too bad that they don't offer the "thunderbolt" package anymore. I thought that was a fresh aproach towards the old ranger. I did see a body kit listed somwhere on the web that lets you turn your ranger into a cobra basicly. I just can't remember where I seen it though.
__________________
SOLD: 2004 Ford Ranger Edge 3.0 V6 5 speed



www.knightmare1015.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-25-2011, 04:08 AM
Rango88 Rango88 is offline
N/A
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 9,031
Default Re: A bad dealer exp.......

thats why I drive the lot before i get out, just when you think its closed you pass by and you just see all the salesman get their hand out of their pants and ready to sell, I just drive away and got at later time and then get out to look at the newer models. One day I went to an audi dealership. I made sure to wear old clothes and the Ranger was dirty, no salesman ever came out to see me lol it was great .
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-25-2011, 04:21 AM
knightmare1015 knightmare1015 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,010
Default Re: A bad dealer exp.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rango88 View Post
thats why I drive the lot before i get out, just when you think its closed you pass by and you just see all the salesman get their hand out of their pants and ready to sell, I just drive away and got at later time and then get out to look at the newer models. One day I went to an audi dealership. I made sure to wear old clothes and the Ranger was dirty, no salesman ever came out to see me lol it was great .
Here's the thing Andy. I did do just that and didn't see anyone at all. I wasn't expecting them to be there after 7 pm. They're staying open alot later than they normally do around here. They're sneaky to say the least. Oh, I started a new thread over in the media section paying tribute to Ford's greatest vehicle of all time, The T-Bucket. I also have a video posted as well. Too bad Ford dealers don't sell these any more.




But if they did, it would cost a fortune to say the least.
__________________
SOLD: 2004 Ford Ranger Edge 3.0 V6 5 speed



www.knightmare1015.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-25-2011, 04:34 AM
Rango88 Rango88 is offline
N/A
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 9,031
Default Re: A bad dealer exp.......

They stay open till about 9PM here in the summer months
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-25-2011, 04:38 AM
knightmare1015 knightmare1015 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,010
Default Re: A bad dealer exp.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rango88 View Post
They stay open till about 9PM here in the summer months
Now that's bad. Did you check out the video I posted? Why would a Ford dealer stay open that late is beyond me. It's ridiculous to say the least.
__________________
SOLD: 2004 Ford Ranger Edge 3.0 V6 5 speed



www.knightmare1015.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-25-2011, 04:51 AM
Botta Ranger Botta Ranger is offline
Ford Tough
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 240
Default Re: A bad dealer exp.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightmare1015 View Post
Now that's bad. Did you check out the video I posted? Why would a Ford dealer stay open that late is beyond me. It's ridiculous to say the least.
Dealerships make millions.
They do that by doing things that don't work?
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06-26-2011, 12:34 AM
S13minus1 S13minus1 is offline
Sideways? Sideways.
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,592
Send a message via AIM to S13minus1
Default Re: A bad dealer exp.......

lucky you. when i was looking for a car i had to force people to talk to me. but to them im just some long haired punk kid
__________________
-Alex
'10 Ranger XL 2.3L Manual
Mods: Stereo, Tint, Weatherguard rain shields, Intake silencer removal, LED brake, turn signal, reverse, license plate, and dome lights, DDM HID's (currently removed), lowered, 17" wheels with spacers, Explorer autodim mirror with Autolamps, Magnaflow exhaust, Buggman LED 3rd Brake Light...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinS View Post
awe come on alex be a man!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-26-2011, 06:02 PM
knightmare1015 knightmare1015 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,010
Default Re: A bad dealer exp.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botta Ranger View Post
Dealerships make millions.
They do that by doing things that don't work?
Yeah I know from my own personal exp. Auto sales is pure profit. That is exactly what a dealership owner told us when we got to work in a dealership when I attended Nascar Tech.


Quote:
Originally Posted by S13minus1 View Post
lucky you. when i was looking for a car i had to force people to talk to me. but to them im just some long haired punk kid
That wouldn't matter to me, but it does prove that they pick their prey if you know what I mean. It's not right IMO.
__________________
SOLD: 2004 Ford Ranger Edge 3.0 V6 5 speed



www.knightmare1015.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-26-2011, 07:52 PM
oldcarfart oldcarfart is offline
Ford Tough
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 244
Default Re: A bad dealer exp.......

The wife unit and I cruised thru a dealer lot just to see dash layout on new Ford Flex, the morons actually ran out of building chasing us down and did not understand "NO!", I actually threarened to call cops so they would move out of way so we could drive away, this is unbelieveable!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-26-2011, 08:10 PM
knightmare1015 knightmare1015 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,010
Default Re: A bad dealer exp.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldcarfart View Post
The wife unit and I cruised thru a dealer lot just to see dash layout on new Ford Flex, the morons actually ran out of building chasing us down and did not understand "NO!", I actually threarened to call cops so they would move out of way so we could drive away, this is unbelieveable!
It seems like they're desperate these days don't it.
__________________
SOLD: 2004 Ford Ranger Edge 3.0 V6 5 speed



www.knightmare1015.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-26-2011, 08:30 PM
btm757 btm757 is offline
In Memory of Jason Finn
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 748
Default Re: A bad dealer exp.......

I hate salesman, I worked at a chrysler dealer and made them aware of my feelings towards chrysler and they never once tried to sell me something.... Also when I was looking for a newer Ranger a few of the dealers I went to I practically had to beg a salesman to help me, I finally found one where the dealer worked with me and gave me a great deal. But I told the salesman upfront when I asked to test drive it not to try to sell the truck to me, I will decide for myself if I want the truck. Tell me the maintenance you've done, and the history of the vehicle not one bit more... He tried to and I had to correct his "Facts" that he was trying to tell me. hahaha dumb salesman.

Also they helped me more when I was driving my Girlfriends 08 Escape than when I was driving my car at the time 86 Pontiac Parisienne which was a piece of shiz that I was given till I found a new Ranger to drive.


You can tell when a salesman lying when he opens his mouth.
__________________
This is Ford Country and On a quiet Night you can Hear a Chevy Rust.
2004 XLT SUPER CAB STEPSIDE 4.0l 4x4 3"BL W/ 33/12.5 KM2s on Black Procomps and I Haz ______/--------- <Cutoff FTW
Facebook
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bad timing chain cassette/tensioner cause bad gas mileage? xDARKGUITARISTx 4.0 SOHC / 4.0 OHV Tech 10 09-18-2012 01:47 PM
For Sale: Dealer Fail? Fordzilla80 Humorous Classified Finds 4 05-21-2011 12:33 PM
Thought I would share my axle swap exp. pooleo Solid Axle Swap 1 05-08-2011 08:51 PM
need some thoughts b4 i take her to the dealer lovemud General Tech 0 02-20-2011 08:37 PM
Exp 3 08xlt Vehicle Snapshots 1 03-10-2010 07:09 AM