Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #2356  
Old 06-26-2015, 04:20 PM
Cliff51 Cliff51 is offline
Liking the Ford Ranger Forum
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 24
Default Re: How many miles do you have on your Ranger?

I hit 83K last Saturday hauling stuff to the transfer station.
__________________
2002 Mazda B4000
4.0L V6 SOHC, 5-speed auto, Cab Plus 4WD
2008 Subaru Forester X
1999 Mercury Mystique GS
1967 Mustang, 289 auto
Reply With Quote
  #2357  
Old 06-26-2015, 05:26 PM
casey.mikl casey.mikl is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 9,677
Default

New lights came in today to replace the huge 7 inch his spot lights on my truck
__________________
1997 B2300 reg cab 2.3 Lima, 15x8.5 Mickey Thompson classic 2, 31x10.50 cooper discover at3, 7.5 open 4.10 rear, dynomax super turbo catback, alpine iva-w200 w/ nav, kicker 6x8s, alpine type R 8, alpine 250W mono amp, power bass 400.4, tool box & camper shell, compustar alarm/remote start.
1956 Ford F100 rust bucket with big plans!
Reply With Quote
  #2358  
Old 06-26-2015, 05:37 PM
bigfisher bigfisher is offline
Mustang Owner
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 14,051
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by casey.mikl View Post
New lights came in today to replace the huge 7 inch his spot lights on my truck
Wrong thread buddy
__________________
2017 Lightning Blue Mustang GT PP
SR X-pipe | Roush Axleback
2013 F150 FX4 5.0 - Sold
1998 Jeep Wrangler TJ 4.0 5spd - Sold
2001 Mustang Bullitt - Sold
2005 Level II - Sold
2001 Integra GSR - Sold
1999 XLT - May 2013 TOTM - Totaled

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004 fx4 level II
fuckin Nissan shhhiitttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #2359  
Old 06-27-2015, 08:49 AM
MdubG MdubG is offline
Here we go again!
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,093
Default Re: How many miles do you have on your Ranger?

Just hit 172,000 last night. Im gonna end up running it into the ground before something ever truly breaks
__________________
2003 Red Danger Ranger extended cab
3.0L V6 2WD w/ Overdrive
Pioneer Radio
Sound Ordinance Amp
Diamond Audio 10" Sub
Air Box Mod
Reply With Quote
  #2360  
Old 06-30-2015, 04:26 PM
Bigbirdranger Bigbirdranger is offline
Ford Ranger Owner
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 64
Default Re: how many miles on your ranger?

154000 on mine transmission took a shit got a new one to swap woohoo
Reply With Quote
  #2361  
Old 06-30-2015, 05:30 PM
bodkin1 bodkin1 is offline
Ford Tough
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 328
Default Re: How many miles do you have on your Ranger?

156,xxx and still runs like a champ

Work truck has 251,xxx and still has no issues, but the rear main seal may soon need replacement.
__________________
DD- 2002 Ranger 4x4 4.0
Reply With Quote
  #2362  
Old 06-30-2015, 08:24 PM
GSF1200S GSF1200S is offline
Wrist Twister
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 989
Default Re: how many miles on your ranger?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbirdranger View Post
154000 on mine transmission took a shit got a new one to swap woohoo
Seems like alot of the autos last between 150 and 200k before needing work. I drove in a company's work truck which was a 2.3l ranger with an auto- it had about 180k and the trans was shifting really hard. The manuals seem to last shorter or longer depending on the driver (and the clutches seem to last about 150k; slave about 85k-160k). Not too bad but its a shame new trannys havent been engineered to match the engine in life. I can remember old turbo hydramatics that would go 200k with good care, and longer if they were built up.
__________________
2002 Ford Ranger XLT Supercab, 2.3L Duratec I4, 5-speed manual, 4.10 gears, ~100,000 miles
Power nothing with air conditioning; crank windows for life!
Throttle cable mod, retained accessory power mod, 2006 thermostat w/resistor mod
Headlight relay harness, Philips xtreme-vision bulbs
P235/75R15 Michelin LTX M/S2s
Reply With Quote
  #2363  
Old 06-30-2015, 08:26 PM
Bigbirdranger Bigbirdranger is offline
Ford Ranger Owner
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 64
Default Re: how many miles on your ranger?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSF1200S View Post
Seems like alot of the autos last between 150 and 200k before needing work. I drove in a company's work truck which was a 2.3l ranger with an auto- it had about 180k and the trans was shifting really hard. The manuals seem to last shorter or longer depending on the driver (and the clutches seem to last about 150k; slave about 85k-160k). Not too bad but its a shame new trannys havent been engineered to match the engine in life. I can remember old turbo hydramatics that would go 200k with good care, and longer if they were built up.
Well mine was because my relative never changed the tranny fluid at 150k it was still the original hahahaha
Reply With Quote
  #2364  
Old 07-02-2015, 09:51 AM
msarnovsky70 msarnovsky70 is offline
Ford Truck Driver
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 92
Default Re: how many miles on your ranger?

Was really hoping for well over 200,000 on my 99 4X2 xlt. Had 190 and some change on it. Just spent a couple weeks replacing the rusted out back half of the frame with a really nice donor from a 03. por15 the whole thing, new rear shackles and hangers, new shocks all around.. Last big snow of the season and moved over to avoid a snow plow truck that was way over the yellow line, lost it in the slush.. Slid broadside into oncoming traffic and got tboned by a full size..
Reply With Quote
  #2365  
Old 07-02-2015, 10:09 AM
Tyler46 Tyler46 is offline
Ford Ranger Dismantler
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 6,992
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by msarnovsky70 View Post
Was really hoping for well over 200,000 on my 99 4X2 xlt. Had 190 and some change on it. Just spent a couple weeks replacing the rusted out back half of the frame with a really nice donor from a 03. por15 the whole thing, new rear shackles and hangers, new shocks all around.. Last big snow of the season and moved over to avoid a snow plow truck that was way over the yellow line, lost it in the slush.. Slid broadside into oncoming traffic and got tboned by a full size..
Holy crap dude are you okay??
__________________
2007 Regular Cab - 2.3 DOHC - 5 Speed Auto - 4.10 Gears - Maxtrac 7" Lift - Fiberwerx 3" Fenders - Bilstein 5100 Series - 15x10 Ultra 164's - 35x12.50x15 Red Letters - Custom dents

Quote:
Originally Posted by guell View Post
People like him make me believe that birth control needs to be put in the public water supply
Reply With Quote
  #2366  
Old 07-02-2015, 10:18 AM
sirwheels sirwheels is offline
Craw
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 412
Default Re: How many miles do you have on your Ranger?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob C. of Indiana View Post
Lee it had 82,000 when I bought in 2012.
My grandpa got a new car in 2012. He recently traded it in with over 120,000 on it.
__________________
2000 Ford Ranger XLT 2WD 3.0
3" Doetsch spindles and 2" blocks with 31x10.50r15 Toyo Open Country A/T II
Roll on bedliner - LEDs all over - Chrome lo-pro UWS toolbox - 06 mirrors - Tint - 21.5" SeaToughLED dual color lightbar - 06 tails - clear corners - Other goodies
Build Thread
Reply With Quote
  #2367  
Old 07-02-2015, 10:57 AM
eaglelaker eaglelaker is offline
Learning to use the forums
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1
Default Re: How many miles do you have on your Ranger?

273,771
Items replaced since May 2000: 3-water pumps,3 set's shocks,4-complete exhaust,7-set's of tires,4-set's of brakes,1-alternator,4-batteries,1-heater core,1-camshaft position sensor,1-rear main seal,1-front bumper w/valance,2-set's of fog lights,1-rear bumper,1-column shift linkage,2-grills,2-set's ball joints, 4-transmission filters,
1-egr tube, 3-set's spark plgs, 1-fuel injector, 2-co2 sensors, 1-left front fender and after all that it still runs great!
Reply With Quote
  #2368  
Old 07-02-2015, 11:25 AM
GSF1200S GSF1200S is offline
Wrist Twister
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 989
Default Re: How many miles do you have on your Ranger?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglelaker View Post
273,771
Items replaced since May 2000: 3-water pumps,3 set's shocks,4-complete exhaust,7-set's of tires,4-set's of brakes,1-alternator,4-batteries,1-heater core,1-camshaft position sensor,1-rear main seal,1-front bumper w/valance,2-set's of fog lights,1-rear bumper,1-column shift linkage,2-grills,2-set's ball joints, 4-transmission filters,
1-egr tube, 3-set's spark plgs, 1-fuel injector, 2-co2 sensors, 1-left front fender and after all that it still runs great!
What engine and transmission? Im assuming its a 2000 model bought new?

Seems about right. The exhaust systems a surprise- must be the salt up there?
__________________
2002 Ford Ranger XLT Supercab, 2.3L Duratec I4, 5-speed manual, 4.10 gears, ~100,000 miles
Power nothing with air conditioning; crank windows for life!
Throttle cable mod, retained accessory power mod, 2006 thermostat w/resistor mod
Headlight relay harness, Philips xtreme-vision bulbs
P235/75R15 Michelin LTX M/S2s
Reply With Quote
  #2369  
Old 07-02-2015, 11:31 AM
Tyler46 Tyler46 is offline
Ford Ranger Dismantler
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 6,992
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSF1200S View Post
What engine and transmission? Im assuming its a 2000 model bought new? Seems about right. The exhaust systems a surprise- must be the salt up there?
He has a 3.0 with an automatic.

He says "camshaft position sensor" found on 3.0
He says "column shifter" for autos

That's a lot of stuff to replace in just 15 years.
__________________
2007 Regular Cab - 2.3 DOHC - 5 Speed Auto - 4.10 Gears - Maxtrac 7" Lift - Fiberwerx 3" Fenders - Bilstein 5100 Series - 15x10 Ultra 164's - 35x12.50x15 Red Letters - Custom dents

Quote:
Originally Posted by guell View Post
People like him make me believe that birth control needs to be put in the public water supply
Reply With Quote
  #2370  
Old 07-02-2015, 11:33 AM
GSF1200S GSF1200S is offline
Wrist Twister
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 989
Default Re: how many miles on your ranger?

Quote:
Originally Posted by msarnovsky70 View Post
Was really hoping for well over 200,000 on my 99 4X2 xlt. Had 190 and some change on it. Just spent a couple weeks replacing the rusted out back half of the frame with a really nice donor from a 03. por15 the whole thing, new rear shackles and hangers, new shocks all around.. Last big snow of the season and moved over to avoid a snow plow truck that was way over the yellow line, lost it in the slush.. Slid broadside into oncoming traffic and got tboned by a full size..
Jeebus!

That really sucks. I dont think ive ever seen a ranger that smashed. Good to hear youre still here!
__________________
2002 Ford Ranger XLT Supercab, 2.3L Duratec I4, 5-speed manual, 4.10 gears, ~100,000 miles
Power nothing with air conditioning; crank windows for life!
Throttle cable mod, retained accessory power mod, 2006 thermostat w/resistor mod
Headlight relay harness, Philips xtreme-vision bulbs
P235/75R15 Michelin LTX M/S2s
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2001 Ranger 532,000 Miles (Half a million miles) audyjl Introduce Yourself 25 09-16-2014 01:34 PM
most miles on a 2010 or 2011 miles... batter up!!! 2010 General Ford Ranger Discussion 20 06-23-2014 05:25 PM
How many miles on your Ranger? mikee111 General Ford Ranger Discussion 93 07-09-2013 07:47 PM