Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #16  
Old 06-14-2011, 08:28 PM
Rango88 Rango88 is offline
N/A
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 9,031
Default Re: Ford Service ---NOT Impressed

ford services sucks just as much as a private diner with hannibal lector I went there once and they did f++k all in terms of warranty work that i had asked, so screw em. You might as well go to sears, i dont even know why they offer warranties those ducks
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 06-14-2011, 08:35 PM
knightmare1015 knightmare1015 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,010
Default Re: Ford Service ---NOT Impressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rango88 View Post
ford services sucks just as much as a private diner with hannibal lector I went there once and they did f++k all in terms of warranty work that i had asked, so screw em. You might as well go to sears, i dont even know why they offer warranties those ducks
No joke there man. I'd rather talk to a brick than a parts dept. or service rep. I can have a better conversation with brick any day of the week,twice on sunday than with those idiots.
__________________
SOLD: 2004 Ford Ranger Edge 3.0 V6 5 speed



www.knightmare1015.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 06-14-2011, 08:36 PM
Rango88 Rango88 is offline
N/A
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 9,031
Default Re: Ford Service ---NOT Impressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightmare1015 View Post
No joke there man. I'd rather talk to a brick than a parts dept. or service rep. I can have a better conversation with brick any day of the week,twice on sunday than with those idiots.
id rather face plant on a brick pathway lol, its total b+ll-Sh+t!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 06-14-2011, 08:41 PM
knightmare1015 knightmare1015 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,010
Default Re: Ford Service ---NOT Impressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rango88 View Post
id rather face plant on a brick pathway lol, its total b+ll-Sh+t!
I hear you man. Bullshit aint really the word for it. That's sugar coating it really.
__________________
SOLD: 2004 Ford Ranger Edge 3.0 V6 5 speed



www.knightmare1015.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 06-14-2011, 08:52 PM
prestidigitizer prestidigitizer is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 918
Default Re: Ford Service ---NOT Impressed

Well, can't argue much with the majority opinion I guess, but we must just be lucky here - our local Ford dealership rocks, from sales to parts to service. Been going there for 15 years and never been ripped off, hassled or had shoddy work done. Once, when I broke down (not in my Ranger) hours away from home, the garage I went to was trying to rip me off, and when I called my dealer back here to get their opinion, they had me stand by while they got on the phone with this garage and straightened them out. Sure, their rates aren't the lowest around, but they're not high enough to warrant looking elsewhere.
__________________

Ursus - 2009 Ford Ranger FX4
BedRug, BakFlip HD, Pop&Lock PL8200 tailgate lock, Sportz tent
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 06-14-2011, 08:56 PM
FX4OR FX4OR is offline
Ford Tough
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 417
Default Re: Ford Service ---NOT Impressed

^ jealous.
one of the ones around here "missed" the fact that my rotors were warped and that the pads were toast, and marked my brakes off as good
__________________
2002 Ranger FX4
4.0L SOHC, 5R55E Auto, 4.10 8.8 Torsen, 31x10.5/15 BFG ATs
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 06-14-2011, 08:59 PM
Rango88 Rango88 is offline
N/A
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 9,031
Default Re: Ford Service ---NOT Impressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by FX4OR View Post
^ jealous.
one of the ones around here "missed" the fact that my rotors were warped and that the pads were toast, and marked my brakes off as good
missed, yeah right, probably thought they were the new ford high performance flex brakes lol. TW+TS!
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 06-14-2011, 09:05 PM
knightmare1015 knightmare1015 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,010
Default Re: Ford Service ---NOT Impressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by prestidigitizer View Post
Well, can't argue much with the majority opinion I guess, but we must just be lucky here - our local Ford dealership rocks, from sales to parts to service. Been going there for 15 years and never been ripped off, hassled or had shoddy work done. Once, when I broke down (not in my Ranger) hours away from home, the garage I went to was trying to rip me off, and when I called my dealer back here to get their opinion, they had me stand by while they got on the phone with this garage and straightened them out. Sure, their rates aren't the lowest around, but they're not high enough to warrant looking elsewhere.

Mine was like that up until the 2 people that kept everything running like it should be ran, left. After that they got a couple of people who think they know it all, and in truth they don't know a piston head from their sister's titty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rango88 View Post
missed, yeah right, probably thought they were the new ford high performance flex brakes lol. TW+TS!
That's sounds like something my local dealership would say, L.O.L.
__________________
SOLD: 2004 Ford Ranger Edge 3.0 V6 5 speed



www.knightmare1015.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 06-14-2011, 09:20 PM
Rg1Baja Rg1Baja is offline
DirtFreeks Mtrspts #7299
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 180
Default Re: Ford Service ---NOT Impressed

Unfort more and more of these dealers are getting that way. Its hard to find a true mechanic at the dealer. They hire a lot of "parts changers" these days. I had a 6.0 diesel motor go out in my old superduty. Team Ford in Las Vegas quoted me $12,900 to r and r the motor. I agreed to have them do it. Could have got it a little cheaper but I figured Ford would be the best with having a new warranty. Go to pick it up a week later and the bill is $15,919. They changed so much crap on the motor that was unauthorized. Somehow my Rad shroud went back. Probably the moron removing it broke the tabs. They changed batteries, cables, etc etc without my permission. So when I pick it up its pay the bill or they wont release my truck. And of coarse the owner of the dealer is mia back in Detroit and cant be reached. So I paid. Filed a complaint with Ford and NOTHING. Never acknowledged me at all. So a month down the road my turbo supposedly goes out. I have it towed and Ill be damned they found a way to not warranty it. Then it turns out that wasnt the problem. I can go on and on but u get the point. Now I no longer buy new cars. I have a 2000 Excursion with a 7.3, a 2000 F 250 with a 7.3, a 96 Ranger with a 4.0, a 2001 Explorer Sport Trac with a 4.0, a 99 Ranger with a 3.0, and a Class 7200 with a 4.0. All paid for and all work down in my garage. No more ripoff A holes for me.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 06-14-2011, 11:31 PM
knightmare1015 knightmare1015 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,010
Default Re: Ford Service ---NOT Impressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rg1Baja View Post
Unfort more and more of these dealers are getting that way. Its hard to find a true mechanic at the dealer. They hire a lot of "parts changers" these days. I had a 6.0 diesel motor go out in my old superduty. Team Ford in Las Vegas quoted me $12,900 to r and r the motor. I agreed to have them do it. Could have got it a little cheaper but I figured Ford would be the best with having a new warranty. Go to pick it up a week later and the bill is $15,919. They changed so much crap on the motor that was unauthorized. Somehow my Rad shroud went back. Probably the moron removing it broke the tabs. They changed batteries, cables, etc etc without my permission. So when I pick it up its pay the bill or they wont release my truck. And of coarse the owner of the dealer is mia back in Detroit and cant be reached. So I paid. Filed a complaint with Ford and NOTHING. Never acknowledged me at all. So a month down the road my turbo supposedly goes out. I have it towed and Ill be damned they found a way to not warranty it. Then it turns out that wasnt the problem. I can go on and on but u get the point. Now I no longer buy new cars. I have a 2000 Excursion with a 7.3, a 2000 F 250 with a 7.3, a 96 Ranger with a 4.0, a 2001 Explorer Sport Trac with a 4.0, a 99 Ranger with a 3.0, and a Class 7200 with a 4.0. All paid for and all work down in my garage. No more ripoff A holes for me.
X2. God forbid they actually know how to reset the valve lash, or remove the pistons and crank without tearing it up. Most of the good techs that I know are getting way up there in age to the point to where they can no longer keep doing it. They'd run circles around alot of these new techs (if you can call them that). All I see anymore is a bunch of glorified part hangers and changers that can't even identify what a carb is. HUH? that's the reaction I get when trying to purchase a carb and intake manifold for an engine builder that I try to help out with parts and stuff when he's too busy to go and get them himself. Nascar Tech is really bad about no shop time until you get into certain classes. They'd rather lecture all day than to actually teach something in a shop.
__________________
SOLD: 2004 Ford Ranger Edge 3.0 V6 5 speed



www.knightmare1015.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 06-15-2011, 12:14 AM
S13minus1 S13minus1 is offline
Sideways? Sideways.
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,592
Send a message via AIM to S13minus1
Default Re: Ford Service ---NOT Impressed

hey
im a young tech. :<
__________________
-Alex
'10 Ranger XL 2.3L Manual
Mods: Stereo, Tint, Weatherguard rain shields, Intake silencer removal, LED brake, turn signal, reverse, license plate, and dome lights, DDM HID's (currently removed), lowered, 17" wheels with spacers, Explorer autodim mirror with Autolamps, Magnaflow exhaust, Buggman LED 3rd Brake Light...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinS View Post
awe come on alex be a man!
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 06-15-2011, 02:51 AM
Rango88 Rango88 is offline
N/A
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 9,031
Default Re: Ford Service ---NOT Impressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by S13minus1 View Post
hey
im a young tech. :<
PLZ DONT BE A FAIL then, prove us wrong
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 06-15-2011, 02:55 AM
S13minus1 S13minus1 is offline
Sideways? Sideways.
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,592
Send a message via AIM to S13minus1
Default Re: Ford Service ---NOT Impressed

i hope i can. i do everything myself, and have been trained in diagnostics from ford and bmw. and i love electrical >:]
__________________
-Alex
'10 Ranger XL 2.3L Manual
Mods: Stereo, Tint, Weatherguard rain shields, Intake silencer removal, LED brake, turn signal, reverse, license plate, and dome lights, DDM HID's (currently removed), lowered, 17" wheels with spacers, Explorer autodim mirror with Autolamps, Magnaflow exhaust, Buggman LED 3rd Brake Light...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinS View Post
awe come on alex be a man!
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 06-15-2011, 02:58 AM
Rango88 Rango88 is offline
N/A
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 9,031
Default Re: Ford Service ---NOT Impressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by S13minus1 View Post
i hope i can. i do everything myself, and have been trained in diagnostics from ford and bmw. and i love electrical >:]
good luck dude, I hope to have my truck serviced by you, lol at least if you do baracktacular job and fail me i know where to find you
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 06-15-2011, 05:30 AM
RAT Ranger RAT Ranger is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,397
Post Re: Ford Service ---NOT Impressed

First off, I'm not condonin anythin that happened to any of your dealerships.

Second: Ford has guidelines, as in they will not rebuild an engine with
internal damage no matter what. They decide whether it needs a shortblock or longblock.

Third: The oil bay guys are no "Techs" and do not do anythin but a
quick once over. They don't remove your wheels to see if you need brakes pads or rotors. If you wantem checked, you must tell your service writer & NO WORK will be performed with your OK!

Fourth: Your parts guys are generally very knowledgeable of PARTS,
not the mechanical aspect.....

But there are exception such as myself & my Parts Mgr. We both work on our own toys & have been doin it for alotta years......I've worked on cars since I was 10y/o and have worked in aftermarket parts houses & various dealerships prior to my military career and after.

I can tell you I've never touched a diesel & don't really want too, those things are to freakin PROBLEMATIC!

I believe theres a thread on here bout Parts Dept. & Parts house people that gives you their contact info, it may be on "The Ranger Station", but look at that & see who's in your area that you can contact & trust to get you took care of.

With all this said, you can PM me & I'll try to help ya as best I can, and if I don't have an answer, I'll get with our Master Tech & try to get you an answer in a day or so.

SORRY for all your bad experiences, I know that there are people around us that aren't happy with us either, but every situation is different.
__________________
ALL THROTTLE, NO BOTTLE!!!

Daily Driver: 98 Thunderbolt

TOY: Green 94 Pro Street
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Very Impressed !! kittboy81 General Ford Ranger Discussion 15 06-02-2011 05:15 PM
Ford Ranger online Service Manual T Rock STX Site Announcements, Comments and Suggestions 6 03-31-2011 04:24 AM
Service Schedule RandSand 4.0 SOHC / 4.0 OHV Tech 2 01-21-2011 09:02 PM
Super 44, not impressed TMO Exhaust and Mufflers 8 10-25-2010 08:49 PM
service recommendation? bordum128 3.0 Vulcan Tech 10 06-05-2010 07:37 PM