Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #1  
Old 06-13-2011, 05:04 PM
OvaZ OvaZ is offline
Breathe.
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 95
Default Got pulled over today.

If you guys haven't seen my truck, I have a pretty nice system in it. Anyways I was on my way to the pawn shop to check out Subs/Amps When I passed a cop who was in a parking lot he was a cop on a motorcycle, I kept going down the road then pulled up behind me. I always have my system full blast he was behind me for a little then turned on his lights. I pull into the parking lot and turned my system down. He told me I had a fancy stereo asked for my drivers license and insurance. Went back to hit bike came back and told me he could hear me a 1/2 a mile away which is bullshit. He gave me a warning then said if he sees a red Ranger bumping he will give me a ticket.

Anyone else have this happen to them?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-13-2011, 05:07 PM
HazardousRanger HazardousRanger is offline
Hazardous to Your Health!
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 9,995
Default Re: Got pulled over today.

my mom always says that will happen lol and im STOCK sound wise HAHAHAHA


sorry bout that bro
__________________
Ford Ranger Edge Supercab, 2004 3.0 Auto, 2WD, 4.10 Axle 31x10.5x15 BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A KO's


My Truck Is My Mountain Bike's Ride!

Class III hitch, Rhino Bedliner, Almost Maxed T-Bar Crank, Tuff Country Add A Leaf, Custom Low Anchor Points, OEM ('99) Tow Hooks, Pro Comp Offroad Lights , Mustang Dome Light, Clear Corners, Slim Toolbox, Blinker Mod,Cargo Brake Light Mod,Expo Lighted Visors, Ultra Silverstar heads/fogs, Fog/high mod, Reverse/switched lights, Bike Fork Mounts
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-13-2011, 05:07 PM
GeorgiaRanger GeorgiaRanger is offline
Bronco!
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,188
Default Re: Got pulled over today.

I havent but my friend has a shitty MTX Thunder package thing and he got pulled over. But ive pulled by cops with my system and i havent been pulled over. I think its just the cop. People say they can hear me 1/2 mile away lol
__________________
Bronco in the near future!

2002 Gold Ranger (46k miles) : Totaled May 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaddwalters View Post
Lmao like a good neighbor, FRF is there!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-13-2011, 05:08 PM
2004xlmiller 2004xlmiller is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 12,689
Default Re: Got pulled over today.

i always try n turn mine down when i see cops. its not worth the trouble. but yea, my friends have been pulled over for loud subs/.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-13-2011, 05:08 PM
Fordzilla80 Fordzilla80 is offline
Welcome to FRF!
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,952
Default Re: Got pulled over today.

There are noise laws for a reason. Just because you like your music loud doesn't mean everybody else does. No sympathy from me here. If you absolutely have to break the noise limits, be a better lookout for cops.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-13-2011, 05:14 PM
STL STL is offline
...............

 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 23,398
Default Re: Got pulled over today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordzilla80 View Post
There are noise laws for a reason. Just because you like your music loud doesn't mean everybody else does. No sympathy from me here. If you absolutely have to break the noise limits, be a better lookout for cops.
X's 2

Also how can you hear a emergency vehicle if your radio is up so loud?
__________________
2005 Edge

Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-13-2011, 05:14 PM
HazardousRanger HazardousRanger is offline
Hazardous to Your Health!
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 9,995
Default Re: Got pulled over today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordzilla80 View Post
There are noise laws for a reason. Just because you like your music loud doesn't mean everybody else does. No sympathy from me here. If you absolutely have to break the noise limits, be a better lookout for cops.
some of us cant hear all that well

no but seriously i turn my music down MOST of the time in residential areas...all others..fuck noise laws (unless u see a cop then u shit ur pants and turn the music down haha) i dont tho cuz im stock lol
__________________
Ford Ranger Edge Supercab, 2004 3.0 Auto, 2WD, 4.10 Axle 31x10.5x15 BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A KO's


My Truck Is My Mountain Bike's Ride!

Class III hitch, Rhino Bedliner, Almost Maxed T-Bar Crank, Tuff Country Add A Leaf, Custom Low Anchor Points, OEM ('99) Tow Hooks, Pro Comp Offroad Lights , Mustang Dome Light, Clear Corners, Slim Toolbox, Blinker Mod,Cargo Brake Light Mod,Expo Lighted Visors, Ultra Silverstar heads/fogs, Fog/high mod, Reverse/switched lights, Bike Fork Mounts
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-13-2011, 05:15 PM
01_ranger_4x4 01_ranger_4x4 is offline
OIF Veteran

 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 6,043
Default Re: Got pulled over today.

Yeah its common to get pulled over when you break the law. I will admit Im guilty of this, I have a decent system in my truck and when I was younger I thought it was cool to blast it as loud as it would go with no regard to any bystanders (or cops) that didnt care to hear whatever music I was blasting into their eardrums. I got pulled over once, thats all it took for me to realize that I was not the only person on the road and that not everyone thinks youre cool because you have a stupid loud system, not to mention it illegal in most areas. Around the same time I got stopped for that I decided I also liked my hearing and if I continued at the rate I was I wouldnt have it much longer. I still enjoy cranking it once and a while if a good song comes on or if I just want to rattle my windows for a bit but I am considerate of others around me, which is probably the point that officer was trying to get across to you.
__________________
2001 Ranger 4x4 Stepside
-RCD Suspension lift
-33x12.5 BFG KM2's on Mickey Thomson classic locks
-4:56 gears
-Auburn gear LS
-James Duff traction bars
-Headers
-Flowmaster duals
-SCT X-Cal2 and some small exterior mods

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2321189

2005 F-150 Lariat 4x4
-LED third brake light
-Weathertech floor liners
-Edge tuner
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-13-2011, 05:15 PM
HazardousRanger HazardousRanger is offline
Hazardous to Your Health!
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 9,995
Default Re: Got pulled over today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL View Post
X's 2

Also how can you hear a emergency vehicle if your radio is up so loud?
we have mirrors that were supposed to check like every 5 seconds...i almost never hear the sirens (with or without my music on) until theyre pretty close so mirrors are good to use
__________________
Ford Ranger Edge Supercab, 2004 3.0 Auto, 2WD, 4.10 Axle 31x10.5x15 BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A KO's


My Truck Is My Mountain Bike's Ride!

Class III hitch, Rhino Bedliner, Almost Maxed T-Bar Crank, Tuff Country Add A Leaf, Custom Low Anchor Points, OEM ('99) Tow Hooks, Pro Comp Offroad Lights , Mustang Dome Light, Clear Corners, Slim Toolbox, Blinker Mod,Cargo Brake Light Mod,Expo Lighted Visors, Ultra Silverstar heads/fogs, Fog/high mod, Reverse/switched lights, Bike Fork Mounts
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-13-2011, 05:15 PM
Tom Tom is offline
Ranger Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 6,829
Default Re: Got pulled over today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordzilla80 View Post
There are noise laws for a reason. Just because you like your music loud doesn't mean everybody else does. No sympathy from me here. If you absolutely have to break the noise limits, be a better lookout for cops.
x2. He probably would not have pulled you over if you turned down the radio once he got behind you, but by ignoring his presence you likely made him think that you either were clueless about the law, or just completely disrespecting him. Thus he pulled you over.

Since you say you got a warning, I'm guessing you're young and didn't give him attitude, thus he figured your actions were not intended to be disrespectful but that you just didn't know the law.
__________________
2006 Ford Ranger Sport 4.0 2WD on 32x11.50R15s
-3" Doetsch Spindle Lift


Using the forum:
How to Post on the Forum
Creating a signature (do this before asking any questions)
Upload an Avatar (image of your Ranger)
How to Post Pictures on the Forum
Switch the site layout: Light Theme or Dark Theme

Things to do:
Participate in Truck of the Month
Participate in the Ranger Photo Contest
Participate in the Non-Automotive Photo Contest
Become a Site Contributor
Shop at the FordRangerForum.com Store
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06-13-2011, 05:17 PM
HazardousRanger HazardousRanger is offline
Hazardous to Your Health!
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 9,995
Default Re: Got pulled over today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01_ranger_4x4 View Post
Yeah its common to get pulled over when you break the law. I will admit Im guilty of this, I have a decent system in my truck and when I was younger I thought it was cool to blast it as loud as it would go with no regard to any bystanders (or cops) that didnt care to hear whatever music I was blasting into their eardrums. I got pulled over once, thats all it took for me to realize that I was not the only person on the road and that not everyone thinks youre cool because you have a stupid loud system, not to mention it illegal in most areas. Around the same time I got stopped for that I decided I also liked my hearing and if I continued at the rate I was I wouldnt have it much longer. I still enjoy cranking it once and a while if a good song comes on or if I just want to rattle my windows for a bit but I am considerate of others around me, which is probably the point that officer was trying to get across to you.
i can totally understand and respect that
__________________
Ford Ranger Edge Supercab, 2004 3.0 Auto, 2WD, 4.10 Axle 31x10.5x15 BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A KO's


My Truck Is My Mountain Bike's Ride!

Class III hitch, Rhino Bedliner, Almost Maxed T-Bar Crank, Tuff Country Add A Leaf, Custom Low Anchor Points, OEM ('99) Tow Hooks, Pro Comp Offroad Lights , Mustang Dome Light, Clear Corners, Slim Toolbox, Blinker Mod,Cargo Brake Light Mod,Expo Lighted Visors, Ultra Silverstar heads/fogs, Fog/high mod, Reverse/switched lights, Bike Fork Mounts
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-13-2011, 05:23 PM
STL STL is offline
...............

 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 23,398
Default Re: Got pulled over today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HazardousRanger View Post
we have mirrors that were supposed to check like every 5 seconds...i almost never hear the sirens (with or without my music on) until theyre pretty close so mirrors are good to use
That is true. However if you are sitting at a intersection and one is coming from the left or right.

Just saying even with my radio and my subs I can hear them coming.
__________________
2005 Edge

Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-13-2011, 05:24 PM
HazardousRanger HazardousRanger is offline
Hazardous to Your Health!
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 9,995
Default Re: Got pulled over today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL View Post
That is true. However if you are sitting at a intersection and one is coming from the left or right.

Just saying even with my radio and my subs I can hear them coming.
got it
__________________
Ford Ranger Edge Supercab, 2004 3.0 Auto, 2WD, 4.10 Axle 31x10.5x15 BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A KO's


My Truck Is My Mountain Bike's Ride!

Class III hitch, Rhino Bedliner, Almost Maxed T-Bar Crank, Tuff Country Add A Leaf, Custom Low Anchor Points, OEM ('99) Tow Hooks, Pro Comp Offroad Lights , Mustang Dome Light, Clear Corners, Slim Toolbox, Blinker Mod,Cargo Brake Light Mod,Expo Lighted Visors, Ultra Silverstar heads/fogs, Fog/high mod, Reverse/switched lights, Bike Fork Mounts
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-13-2011, 05:24 PM
FireRanger FireRanger is offline
Blinded by the light
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 7,674
Send a message via AIM to FireRanger
Default Re: Got pulled over today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OvaZ View Post
If you guys haven't seen my truck, I have a pretty nice system in it

... I always have my system full blast

... told me he could hear me a 1/2 a mile away which is bullshit.

... He gave me a warning then said if he sees a red Ranger bumping he will give me a ticket.
I removed all the meaningless fluff that was in your post. The short version is you were illegally and obnoxiously blasting your stereo in excess of the city or state's noise laws. The result was the cop was nice to you and gave you a warning instead of a ticket. And yet, you whine. If it is such bullshit, you should keep doing it everyday and see if any other cops agree its bullshit.
__________________
(Formerly)
FireRanger
2003 Edge 4.0 4wd

How to: Aux light wiring, relays, & fuses
Info: 300+ intake threads here on FRF
Info: HID Projectors
How To: NO HEAT Troubleshooting Guide
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-13-2011, 05:25 PM
OvaZ OvaZ is offline
Breathe.
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 95
Default Re: Got pulled over today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL View Post
X's 2

Also how can you hear a emergency vehicle if your radio is up so loud?
I look for the flashing lights..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Got pulled over yesterday! tom56 General Ford Ranger Discussion 27 05-03-2011 04:29 PM
Sheesh! I screwed up! Pulled relays. burrissa Electrical Tech 2 05-01-2011 01:29 PM
pulled a fusion out of a ditch today! FX4 Mike General Ford Ranger Discussion 10 01-26-2011 09:28 PM
Pulled Inner Shifter Out....Issue T Rev Drivetrain Tech 5 08-13-2010 08:13 AM
Pulled the f450 into the driveway today! Ranger01 Vehicle Snapshots 16 02-14-2010 11:39 PM