Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #31  
Old 05-23-2011, 10:31 PM
knightmare1015 knightmare1015 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,010
Default Re: Caution! 15% ethanol gasoline already...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireRanger View Post
What were they trying to accomplish regarding antique autos? I would have liked to see that too.
They were trying to get the aftermarket/antique auto professions to buy their line of shit they call rules that apply to modern day vehicles. They wanted all vehicles to have emission standards that are damn near impossible to pass with any fuel really. They also tried to get Black Paint on vehicles banned in the U.S. That went over with the judges like a turd in a punch bowl.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RAT Ranger View Post
==============================
Are you runnin alcohol carbs on those classics?

I've been told by a local racer, that you have to change any rubber gaskets, rubber lines, & any paper gaskets to poly ones, as the E85 will deteriate them & cause serious damage.
You were told right. I looked into making alcohol fuel when gasoline was damn near $4 bucks a gallon as an alternative. The amount of mods need to fix my truck to run alcohol fuel would've cost more than the truck was worth.


Quote:
Originally Posted by FordDude1991 View Post
on my ranger gas cap it says no e20-e85 so i guess the newer ones can handle up to 20%?

fuck this ethanol shit and go back to REAL gas.

damn treehuggers.
You damn right. I'd love to kill them all, but it would be a waste of ammo. You ought to have heard the supreme court judges laughing when they tried to get black paint banned in the U.S. Not to worry the video of the joker's laugh is only 10 seconds.


__________________
SOLD: 2004 Ford Ranger Edge 3.0 V6 5 speed



www.knightmare1015.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 05-24-2011, 04:04 AM
TenSilver TenSilver is offline
The Old Man
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,066
Default Re: Caution! 15% ethanol gasoline already...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordDude1991 View Post
on my ranger gas cap it says no e20-e85 so i guess the newer ones can handle up to 20%?
My gas cap has the same thing printed on it.

My manual says:
Use only UNLEADED fuel or UNLEADED fuel blended with a maximum of 10% ethanol. Do not use fuel ethanol (E85), diesel, methanol, leaded fuel or any other fuel.

Normally I look for the 10% ethanol pump sticker before pumping gas.
__________________
2010 Silver Ford Ranger XLT 2.3L 2WD StyleSide Reg Cab Auto, Open 7.5" - 4.10 diff.
TruxEdo tonneua cover, rubber bed mat, Ranger all weather floor mats.

Last edited by TenSilver; 05-24-2011 at 06:26 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 05-24-2011, 05:18 AM
FireRanger FireRanger is offline
Blinded by the light
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 7,674
Send a message via AIM to FireRanger
Default Re: Caution! 15% ethanol gasoline already...

I remember the black paint thing. I laughed too.
__________________
(Formerly)
FireRanger
2003 Edge 4.0 4wd

How to: Aux light wiring, relays, & fuses
Info: 300+ intake threads here on FRF
Info: HID Projectors
How To: NO HEAT Troubleshooting Guide
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 05-24-2011, 01:15 PM
knightmare1015 knightmare1015 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,010
Default Re: Caution! 15% ethanol gasoline already...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireRanger View Post
I remember the black paint thing. I laughed too.
I know right. When I first heard about that, I thought to myself Henry Ford would be spinning in his grave if he heard that. What was even better is when the tree huggers got laughed out of the court room by everyone including the judges, the clerks, the balifs, I mean everyone laughed at them about that one. How stupid can they get, I don't want to know to be honest. What's next? Plastic turds to go into portable punch bowls? Henry Ford use to say and I quote: "You can have any color you want as long as it's black." The tree huggers need to leave our fuel and other automotive interests alone and go hump a rock or something on an abandoned island somewhere away from us.
__________________
SOLD: 2004 Ford Ranger Edge 3.0 V6 5 speed



www.knightmare1015.blogspot.com

Last edited by knightmare1015; 05-24-2011 at 01:22 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 05-26-2011, 12:17 PM
Show Show is offline
Ford Ranger Owner
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 74
Default Re: Curious

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAT Ranger View Post
==============================
Are you runnin alcohol carbs on those classics?

I've been told by a local racer, that you have to change any rubber gaskets, rubber lines, & any paper gaskets to poly ones, as the E85 will deteriate them & cause serious damage.
The '70 is running Holley MPFI and the '72 has a big Quadrajet set up for alcohol. I also carry a second carb for regular gas for when I'm out of town and can't get E85.
__________________
1995 Ranger XLT 4.0L/TH700-R4/4.3 Atlas II

D44HP/D60FF, 4.88s, ARBs
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 05-26-2011, 12:46 PM
FireRanger FireRanger is offline
Blinded by the light
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 7,674
Send a message via AIM to FireRanger
Default Re: Caution! 15% ethanol gasoline already...

Maybe we can move them all to Bikini Islands in the pacific. Lovely remote island full of nature, trees, and no other people. Lots of natural and man-made underwater reefs. The occasional warmer than normal breeze....
__________________
(Formerly)
FireRanger
2003 Edge 4.0 4wd

How to: Aux light wiring, relays, & fuses
Info: 300+ intake threads here on FRF
Info: HID Projectors
How To: NO HEAT Troubleshooting Guide
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 05-27-2011, 09:10 AM
knightmare1015 knightmare1015 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,010
Default Re: Caution! 15% ethanol gasoline already...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireRanger View Post
Maybe we can move them all to Bikini Islands in the pacific. Lovely remote island full of nature, trees, and no other people. Lots of natural and man-made underwater reefs. The occasional warmer than normal breeze....
That's sounds like a good idea. I also learned this. What ever you do, please don't mention global warming around those bastards. I almost had to phyiscally shut one of them up at a local carshow. I called him a hypocrit and told him to get lost and he still wouldn't leave me alone. A cop ended up taking him to jail for disturbing the peace and he almost got his ass whipped by one of the people in the carshow. He should've just left well enough alone, the damn tree hugger that he is. That kid gave new meaning to the term, dumb ass.
__________________
SOLD: 2004 Ford Ranger Edge 3.0 V6 5 speed



www.knightmare1015.blogspot.com

Last edited by knightmare1015; 05-27-2011 at 09:14 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 05-27-2011, 09:28 AM
01B3000 01B3000 is offline
Needs moar chrome....
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,319
Default Re: Caution! 15% ethanol gasoline already...

Me and my friend were testing the new engine in his 64 galaxie. A tree hugger came up to use at the pump and started bitching about why cars like this were ruining our environment. Me and my friend were about to start ranting on him but the station owner told him to get off the property because he was disrespecting a piece of american History.

But all this ethanol gas is bs. I need to look at what it is at the station i go to soon, Ive been felling that my trucks been running like shit really..
I think im going to have to start looking for that 4bt a little sooner than I expected.
__________________
2001 Mazda B-3000 CabPlus "FX2 Off Road"| 3.0 | 5 SPD | 3 In Spindle Lift | Belltech Shackles | UltraGauge |Alpine Head / 10" Kicker Setup | Air Box Mod | Add-A-Leaf| Thrush Welded B4 Rear Wheel | Kobalt Box | Cobra 19 DX IV | Custom PA Speaker | Front/Rear Tow Receiver | 2X Aux Lights | Hideaway Strobes | Back Rack Safety Rack | Amber LED Strobes | Blue LED Strobes | 265/75/R16 General Grabber AT2's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clinton View Post
I like little girls...........
RIP Jason
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 05-28-2011, 12:36 AM
knightmare1015 knightmare1015 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,010
Default Re: Caution! 15% ethanol gasoline already...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01B3000 View Post
Me and my friend were testing the new engine in his 64 galaxie. A tree hugger came up to use at the pump and started bitching about why cars like this were ruining our environment. Me and my friend were about to start ranting on him but the station owner told him to get off the property because he was disrespecting a piece of american History.

But all this ethanol gas is bs. I need to look at what it is at the station i go to soon, Ive been felling that my trucks been running like shit really..
I think im going to have to start looking for that 4bt a little sooner than I expected.
Yeah that's about the typical response of a tree hugger and the fact that you guys most likely have a newer engine in there seemed to have slipped by him. That leaded gasoline and pure gasoline with no ethanol in it, is a thing of the past now unfortunately. Some stations don't even change their stickers either concerning the ethanol content within the gasoline. A couple of stations are now getting sued and fined for not informing the public and ruining peoples vehicles, and false advertisment is what they're getting fined for.
__________________
SOLD: 2004 Ford Ranger Edge 3.0 V6 5 speed



www.knightmare1015.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 05-28-2011, 01:06 AM
Coleosis Coleosis is offline
The Sickest
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 451
Default Re: Caution! 15% ethanol gasoline already...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenSilver View Post
My gas cap has the same thing printed on it.

My manual says:
Use only UNLEADED fuel or UNLEADED fuel blended with a maximum of 10% ethanol. Do not use fuel ethanol (E85), diesel, methanol, leaded fuel or any other fuel.

Normally I look for the 10% ethanol pump sticker before pumping gas.
They are getting tricky about it...Ive seen those 10% stickers kind of hidden on the side of the pump before and lately Ive even seen a sticker that was obviously made to look like the ethanol free stickers but says it contains ethanol...Next time im bored and driving around I will take some pics of the gas stations I know of that pulled some of these BS tricks.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05RangerEdge View Post
Nobody won here today but I am pretty sure you just lost.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 05-28-2011, 01:18 AM
knightmare1015 knightmare1015 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,010
Default Re: Caution! 15% ethanol gasoline already...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coleosis View Post
They are getting tricky about it...Ive seen those 10% stickers kind of hidden on the side of the pump before and lately Ive even seen a sticker that was obviously made to look like the ethanol free stickers but says it contains ethanol...Next time im bored and driving around I will take some pics of the gas stations I know of that pulled some of these BS tricks.
I would. Cause if I hadn't looked when I did and if they hadn't had new pumps installed my truck would most likely be in a shop somewhere and I'd be cussing at the moment. Here's another saying that you should keep in mind too, "the older they are, the sneakier they are". This pertains to elderly gas station owners who've been doing business forever and know all of the tricks of the trade. There aint too many of them left though so be careful.
__________________
SOLD: 2004 Ford Ranger Edge 3.0 V6 5 speed



www.knightmare1015.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 05-28-2011, 03:44 AM
FireRanger FireRanger is offline
Blinded by the light
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 7,674
Send a message via AIM to FireRanger
Default Re: Caution! 15% ethanol gasoline already...

I don't think there is anything sinister about stations having ethanol in gas. It's been a nationwide thing for years and before that, it was MTBE. 15% is odd, few, and far between. Every station will have 10%. Who cares where they put the sticker, you should know it is there.
__________________
(Formerly)
FireRanger
2003 Edge 4.0 4wd

How to: Aux light wiring, relays, & fuses
Info: 300+ intake threads here on FRF
Info: HID Projectors
How To: NO HEAT Troubleshooting Guide
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 05-28-2011, 03:47 AM
knightmare1015 knightmare1015 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,010
Default Re: Caution! 15% ethanol gasoline already...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireRanger View Post
I don't think there is anything sinister about stations having ethanol in gas. It's been a nationwide thing for years and before that, it was MTBE. 15% is odd, few, and far between. Every station will have 10%. Who cares where they put the sticker, you should know it is there.
Yeah I know that, but what I'm trying to say is that sticker might not be accurate.
__________________
SOLD: 2004 Ford Ranger Edge 3.0 V6 5 speed



www.knightmare1015.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 05-28-2011, 04:09 PM
TenSilver TenSilver is offline
The Old Man
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,066
Default Re: Caution! 15% ethanol gasoline already...

On the pumps at the gas station I frequent it says "Contains Up To 10% Ethanol
It makes me wonder if they put less than 10% ethanol. I doubt it! Lol!
__________________
2010 Silver Ford Ranger XLT 2.3L 2WD StyleSide Reg Cab Auto, Open 7.5" - 4.10 diff.
TruxEdo tonneua cover, rubber bed mat, Ranger all weather floor mats.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 05-28-2011, 07:15 PM
knightmare1015 knightmare1015 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,010
Default Re: Caution! 15% ethanol gasoline already...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenSilver View Post
On the pumps at the gas station I frequent it says "Contains Up To 10% Ethanol
It makes me wonder if they put less than 10% ethanol. I doubt it! Lol!
Usually yeah that is the case here, except for 2 stations here that got caught puting in the 15% crap in their tanks without changing the content stickers.
__________________
SOLD: 2004 Ford Ranger Edge 3.0 V6 5 speed



www.knightmare1015.blogspot.com

Last edited by knightmare1015; 05-28-2011 at 08:25 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
STA-BIL ethanol treatment SB03Ranger General Ford Ranger Discussion 17 03-23-2011 01:28 PM
Gasoline/Octane Questions ranger4.0 4.0 SOHC / 4.0 OHV Tech 26 02-05-2011 09:34 PM
Caution: Adrenalin Crossing Al Pal 4 Life Introduce Yourself 10 10-17-2010 01:21 PM
Song By A Maine Comedian (caution tons of swears) unclebernie Laugh Factory 0 03-17-2010 12:30 AM
Caution locking doors finplayer13 General Ford Ranger Discussion 3 02-16-2010 11:29 PM