Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #286  
Old 12-12-2012, 07:50 AM
sole sole is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 6,279
Default

When im not going to school i usually have my 10 gerber be side my seat

image-2567775298.jpg

This is the only pic I've got, this is where i krpt it over the summer

Sent from my iPhone 4 using FRF App
__________________
Black 2008 ranger sport 4.0 SOHC SAS'd and converted to 4x4 riding on a Dana 50 up front and a sterling 10.50 in the rear regeared with 5.13's, mickey thompson classic 3's rapped in 37x12.50 maxxis creepy crawlers
Reply With Quote
  #287  
Old 12-12-2012, 07:51 AM
Cletus HRFD Cletus HRFD is offline
FireFighting Ranger
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 168
Default Re: What weapons are in your Ranger?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooleo View Post
I have a 15" cresent wrench. I also have a 3-ton jack handle in my tool box. Incae things get real bad
i carry a 15" cresent wrench too with cuple knives
__________________
97 ranger xlt, 2wd, reg cab, stepside, levelled 3 inch in the front, 31 inch tires, soft 8 black wheels, hideaway strobes, code3 dashlight, led lights in dash, led taillights and turnsignals hooked up to a pattern box, kenwood radio, 400 watt 6x9 door speakers, a 12 behind seat in custom box with 400 watt amp, flowmaster exhaust.
Reply With Quote
  #288  
Old 12-12-2012, 03:04 PM
Spidey2011 Spidey2011 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,958
Default Re: What weapons are in your Ranger?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanPride! View Post
That's a DAO trigger.
The SD40 is single action. With the length and weight though, it feels a lot like a double action revolver.

And striker fired pistols are not DAO. They are almost always single action, with the exception of a few (Taurus's milpro series comes to mind). Go dry fire your Glock and try to fire it again without racking the slide. It won't work, because it's single action. It requires the slide to **** the striker back.

And actually, if you really want to get technical, Glocks are neither SA or DA. The recoil of the slide partially ****s the gun, and the trigger finishes ****ing it, before releasing it. Most of the time, though, it's just referred to as SA.

Last edited by Spidey2011; 12-12-2012 at 03:08 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #289  
Old 12-12-2012, 03:53 PM
sgtsandman sgtsandman is offline
Tank Diver
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,078
Default Re: What weapons are in your Ranger?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey2011 View Post
The SD40 is single action. With the length and weight though, it feels a lot like a double action revolver.

And striker fired pistols are not DAO. They are almost always single action, with the exception of a few (Taurus's milpro series comes to mind).
It depends on the year the Mil Pro was made. Some are DAO, some are SA/DA, and some are SAO. I believe the first generation models were SAO, then they went DAO, before making them SA/DA. The SA/DA allows for a lighter trigger but also gives the option of a second strike in a fail to fire situation. With a SAO, you have to rack the slide and discard the failed round.

I actually have come to prefer the SA semi-automatics with the exposed hammer for that reason. You an still get a second strike and it adds a little bit more safety having to pull the hammer back for that first shot. Not that I hate my SA/DA Mil Pro...
__________________
Sgtsandman's Work in Progress
2011 Ranger XLT, 4X4, 4 door Super Cab. 4.0L, 5 Speed M50D-R1HD, 3.73:1, 8.8" open differential, Jason Pace cap
1999 Honda CR-V EX, RT4WD, 2.0L, 5 Speed MT, 4.56:1, open differential
Reply With Quote
  #290  
Old 12-12-2012, 04:54 PM
AmericanPride! AmericanPride! is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 6,710
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanPride! View Post

A striker fired pistol (most anyway these days) ie Glock, FNS, XD's, etc...are DAO.

Some now have kind of a single action setup. Still striker fired, but the striker is basically pulled back and locked in place. Like a 1911 ˘ocked - hammer back
Sorry for the wording. I was tired as hell when I typed it. But I did mention new models being SAO




Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey2011 View Post
Go dry fire your Glock and try to fire it again without racking the slide.
Thankfully I never have or ever would own a glock. Maybe to "torture test" like FPS Russia did. Lol
Reply With Quote
  #291  
Old 12-12-2012, 05:25 PM
RoberticusMaximus RoberticusMaximus is offline
<<< Husky the High Dog!
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 6,974
Default Re: What weapons are in your Ranger?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanPride! View Post
Thankfully I never have or ever would own a glock.


blasphemy!!! Shun the non-believer! lol!
Reply With Quote
  #292  
Old 12-12-2012, 05:33 PM
AmericanPride! AmericanPride! is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 6,710
Default

I'll take a FNS before a glock any day if I went striker fired
Reply With Quote
  #293  
Old 12-12-2012, 05:35 PM
RoberticusMaximus RoberticusMaximus is offline
<<< Husky the High Dog!
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 6,974
Default Re: What weapons are in your Ranger?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanPride! View Post
I'll take a FNS before a glock any day if I went striker fired
just kidding! why so serious?!
Reply With Quote
  #294  
Old 12-12-2012, 09:52 PM
Spidey2011 Spidey2011 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,958
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtsandman

It depends on the year the Mil Pro was made. Some are DAO, some are SA/DA, and some are SAO. I believe the first generation models were SAO, then they went DAO, before making them SA/DA. The SA/DA allows for a lighter trigger but also gives the option of a second strike in a fail to fire situation. With a SAO, you have to rack the slide and discard the failed round.

I actually have come to prefer the SA semi-automatics with the exposed hammer for that reason. You an still get a second strike and it adds a little bit more safety having to pull the hammer back for that first shot. Not that I hate my SA/DA Mil Pro...
The first gens werent milpros. They had the plain pt's, the milleniums, and the mil pros. The mil pros were SA, but capable of DA if a round failed to fire. I believe the milleniums were DA/SA.

And having an exposed hammer in the un****ed position on a SA gun is actually fairly dangerous. Unless you have a gun with a firing pin block, the pin is actually resting on the primer, and a sharp blow to the hammer could potentially fire the weapon. This is why DA/SA guns with a de****er dont completely de**** the gun. If you look closely, the hammer is actually between de****ed amd half-****, so that it doesnt touch the pin.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanPride!
I'll take a FNS before a glock any day if I went striker fired
If my life depended on one handgun, my Glock would be the front runner.

----------

Also, this forum is **** blocking me.
Reply With Quote
  #295  
Old 12-13-2012, 07:49 AM
RoberticusMaximus RoberticusMaximus is offline
<<< Husky the High Dog!
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 6,974
Default Re: What weapons are in your Ranger?

my 22 revolver & my glock 17 have never failed/jammed while target practicing... that's all i ask from my weapon (i'm know other guns are just as dependable )
Reply With Quote
  #296  
Old 12-13-2012, 09:18 AM
sgtsandman sgtsandman is offline
Tank Diver
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,078
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey2011

The first gens werent milpros. They had the plain pt's, the milleniums, and the mil pros. The mil pros were SA, but capable of DA if a round failed to fire. I believe the milleniums were DA/SA.

And having an exposed hammer in the un****ed position on a SA gun is actually fairly dangerous. Unless you have a gun with a firing pin block, the pin is actually resting on the primer, and a sharp blow to the hammer could potentially fire the weapon. This is why DA/SA guns with a de****er dont completely de**** the gun. If you look closely, the hammer is actually between de****ed amd half-****, so that it doesnt touch the pin.

----------

If my life depended on one handgun, my Glock would be the front runner.

----------

Also, this forum is **** blocking me.
All the ones I've seen that have an external hammer have a manual safety and many also have a grip safety. If I were to get a semi-auto with an exposed hammer, it would be one with both. They aren't cheap though...

Sent from my DROID X2 using FRF App
'98 XLT, 2.5, 5MT, RWD
'11 XLT, 4.0, 5MT, 4X4
__________________
Sgtsandman's Work in Progress
2011 Ranger XLT, 4X4, 4 door Super Cab. 4.0L, 5 Speed M50D-R1HD, 3.73:1, 8.8" open differential, Jason Pace cap
1999 Honda CR-V EX, RT4WD, 2.0L, 5 Speed MT, 4.56:1, open differential
Reply With Quote
  #297  
Old 12-14-2012, 12:14 PM
jack7481 jack7481 is offline
Ford Tough
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 227
Default Re: What weapons are in your Ranger?

My 40 cal. Springfield
__________________
03 ranger 4x4 4.0 LTX v6 sohc super cab xlt
Reply With Quote
  #298  
Old 12-15-2012, 07:54 AM
Jatoman23 Jatoman23 is offline
Ford Pickup
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 109
Default Re: What weapons are in your Ranger?

My fists and steel toe encased feet.
__________________
2003 Ford Ranger XLT 4.0 SOHC
Reply With Quote
  #299  
Old 12-15-2012, 09:14 AM
RangerSport4x2 RangerSport4x2 is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,669
Default

The gas pedal... And a walther pk380 just in case I want to keep my front bumper.
__________________
2016 Mustang GT
2016 370Z
Reply With Quote
  #300  
Old 12-15-2012, 12:43 PM
CBuck CBuck is offline
Coffee & SeaFoam Junkie
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 100
Default Re: What weapons are in your Ranger?

SOG Throwing Hatchet, machette, my bowie knife, another buck knife, two throwers, a K-bar, the end of a pool stick that I ended up sanding and adding finger grips to, two extra Firestick CB antennas on spring mounts (believe me, they could be weapons) and the .38 special.

I was pulled over in Oregon with all of these in here, and the cop checked them all out. The look on his face was priceless, but he was the first person who didn't think I was crazy for having them all. "These are in here for just-in-case purposes, aren't they? You think like I do.. "

You never know when you'll want/need some knives in any situation, be it self defense, or survival.

/end Bear Grylls voice
__________________
Black '93 Ford Ranger XLT, 4.0 V6. Paladin

A salute and my utmost respect to anyone of these forums that has served in the United States Military, or a foreign military. God bless you, and thank you.

/Salute
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search