Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #31  
Old 03-10-2011, 11:46 PM
Rango88 Rango88 is offline
N/A
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 9,031
Default Re: The Ranger neglect...

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightmare1015 View Post
Yeah that would kool. Have you heard that new monster yet? it's awesome.
not in person just on car shows (like Car and driver) sounds sweet though, I wish my ranger would rumble like a grumpy V8
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 03-11-2011, 06:06 AM
sgtsandman sgtsandman is offline
Tank Diver
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,078
Default Re: The Ranger neglect...

The truck market runs in cycles just like any other vehicle market segment. If the fuel prices keep ratcheting up like they are, interest in a small truck will come back. I'm a skeptic concerning the 3.7L in the F-150 producing the mileage numbers they are advertising but I've been wrong before.

Edit: Correction, I meant the 3.5L Ecoboost.
__________________
Sgtsandman's Work in Progress
2011 Ranger XLT, 4X4, 4 door Super Cab. 4.0L, 5 Speed M50D-R1HD, 3.73:1, 8.8" open differential, Jason Pace cap
1999 Honda CR-V EX, RT4WD, 2.0L, 5 Speed MT, 4.56:1, open differential

Last edited by sgtsandman; 03-11-2011 at 06:30 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 03-11-2011, 06:16 AM
oldcarfart oldcarfart is offline
Ford Tough
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 244
Default Re: The Ranger neglect...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexl View Post
Clearly you are a homosexual.
I'm not homo, but tuna taco on half sheet with parmesan cheese gets old, espcially at zero-dark-thirty when the salt content high..........but freshly powdered p-hole my favorite snac(h)k (grin)

Last edited by oldcarfart; 03-11-2011 at 06:18 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 03-11-2011, 01:46 PM
knightmare1015 knightmare1015 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,010
Default Re: The Ranger neglect...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowd88 View Post
not in person just on car shows (like Car and driver) sounds sweet though, I wish my ranger would rumble like a grumpy V8
I finally got hear it in person. It sounds damn good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtsandman View Post
The truck market runs in cycles just like any other vehicle market segment. If the fuel prices keep ratcheting up like they are, interest in a small truck will come back. I'm a skeptic concerning the 3.7L in the F-150 producing the mileage numbers they are advertising but I've been wrong before.

Edit: Correction, I meant the 3.5L Ecoboost.
Yep, I'm forced to agree. The SUV market is about to hit rock bottom yet again, because the fuel mileage is terrible and people can't afford to keep putting fuel in their SUV's. Especially in this economy.
__________________
SOLD: 2004 Ford Ranger Edge 3.0 V6 5 speed



www.knightmare1015.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 03-12-2011, 09:25 AM
alliantdevil alliantdevil is offline
Learning to use the forums
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by More_Cowbell View Post
have you ever seen a 50's f-100 up close? my dad has a 54 in the garage and besides height wise they arent much bigger then a ranger so even tho it may be a full size truck in its day its tiny for today's standards
As a matter of fact you're right, my uncle recently did a build using the ranger chassis, v8 conversion but with an f100 body...looks badass and drives more like a modern truck. Now keep in mind he owns his own custom auto garage and took considerable modification to do. But it can be yours for only the cost of a new(ish) ranger, a crate engine, salvaged f100 body and the cash (or time / knowledge / space) for all the labor & parts....Lol

I will admit, I want one something fierce...it'd be cool to drive what looks like an old f100 but not have to pay the markup on " classic " parts....although I guess that might be offset by potential labor cost for non-standard locations on certain things.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 03-13-2011, 01:00 PM
knightmare1015 knightmare1015 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,010
Default Re: The Ranger neglect...

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliantdevil View Post
As a matter of fact you're right, my uncle recently did a build using the ranger chassis, v8 conversion but with an f100 body...looks badass and drives more like a modern truck. Now keep in mind he owns his own custom auto garage and took considerable modification to do. But it can be yours for only the cost of a new(ish) ranger, a crate engine, salvaged f100 body and the cash (or time / knowledge / space) for all the labor & parts....Lol

I will admit, I want one something fierce...it'd be cool to drive what looks like an old f100 but not have to pay the markup on " classic " parts....although I guess that might be offset by potential labor cost for non-standard locations on certain things.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Yep, I have a friend that done that with a LWB Ranger, his is a 1955. He used a 351 H.O. with a C6 tranny. He didn't like the sharktooth grill on 55 so he switched it to the 56 instead.
__________________
SOLD: 2004 Ford Ranger Edge 3.0 V6 5 speed



www.knightmare1015.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 03-14-2011, 06:25 PM
01B3000 01B3000 is offline
Needs moar chrome....
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,319
Default Re: The Ranger neglect...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CumminsFTW View Post
no offense but its becasue Ford finally realized that the ranger is a piece now. Its over priced. For the same price as a new one you can buy a nice fairly new normal sized truck. The new ones have had like 3 recalls already. They dont last as long as the old ones. Ford is Built ford tough and they cant live that with a ranger. They are known for there bad ass tough tonka trucks not for their grocery getters. Now a days everyone wants to go bigger not too many folk are buying small trucks anymore. And im not saying this cuz im a cummins fan im just saying what I think. Sorry for all yall ranger fans.
Look at your post. Back to mine. Back to yours NOW BACK TO MINE.Sadly,it isn't mine. But if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate crap it could LOOK like mine. Look down,back up, where are you?You're scrolling through the posts, finding the ones that your post could look like.Back at mine,what is it?It's a highly effective and happy Ranger owner. Look again,MY POST IS NOW DIAMONDS.Anything is possible when you think before you post.I'm on a computer


And besides, do you even own a Ranger, have you ever driven a ranger, I had an old ram, and I loved that truck, but I love my little ranger even more, the ranger was one of the best trucks ford built in my opinion. If your gonna be biased just because youve never driven one gtfo a ranger forum
__________________
2001 Mazda B-3000 CabPlus "FX2 Off Road"| 3.0 | 5 SPD | 3 In Spindle Lift | Belltech Shackles | UltraGauge |Alpine Head / 10" Kicker Setup | Air Box Mod | Add-A-Leaf| Thrush Welded B4 Rear Wheel | Kobalt Box | Cobra 19 DX IV | Custom PA Speaker | Front/Rear Tow Receiver | 2X Aux Lights | Hideaway Strobes | Back Rack Safety Rack | Amber LED Strobes | Blue LED Strobes | 265/75/R16 General Grabber AT2's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clinton View Post
I like little girls...........
RIP Jason
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 03-14-2011, 06:31 PM
richarddhoward richarddhoward is offline
Road Trippin' King!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 5,010
Send a message via MSN to richarddhoward
Default Re: The Ranger neglect...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01B3000 View Post
Look at your post. Back to mine. Back to yours NOW BACK TO MINE.Sadly,it isn't mine. But if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate crap it could LOOK like mine. Look down,back up, where are you?You're scrolling through the posts, finding the ones that your post could look like.Back at mine,what is it?It's a highly effective and happy Ranger owner. Look again,MY POST IS NOW DIAMONDS.Anything is possible when you think before you post.I'm on a computer


And besides, do you even own a Ranger, have you ever driven a ranger, I had an old ram, and I loved that truck, but I love my little ranger even more, the ranger was one of the best trucks ford built in my opinion. If your gonna be biased just because youve never driven one gtfo a ranger forum
This guy...has it!

The Ranger is a great truck. Ford doesn't see it. Toyota is making a killing with a CREW CAB and still able to get the manual in their trucks. Now if Ford would get the hint! Put the new v6 in from the Stang or even better the 5.0, or my personal favorite give me a MUTHER FRUCKIN DIESEL!!!! Must come with manual option!

Ford dealers will push you towards F150's because the business and salesman want to make more money on commission. I make dealers mad all the time browsing, they keep trying to convince me to buy, and that I need a fullsize, yes I miss the room inside the cab, but why the hell do I need the mileage of that? Or the crappy turning radius compared to the Ranger? No thanks, I don't need a large truck. I have nothing to prove, and you'll find me in the hills, wheeling with the big trucks, running around them.
__________________
97 Ranger - 4.0 V6 auto, 4wd, 31x10.5x15s Wild Country XTX Sport All Terrains, Warn locking hubs, Pioneer deck with iPod attachment, Snugtop Topper, K&N filter, scan gauge II, Hella 500 Lights, More parts coming, waiting for the paycheck to get bigger!

Truck built in loving memory of Norm Howard
Outcast Racing
PNW Crew!!!
Afterhours Clan!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron_ariens View Post
I think Henry just shit himself
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radness View Post
Its kind of like that carnival game "Whack A Mole" but with guns! Haha
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 03-14-2011, 06:41 PM
richarddhoward richarddhoward is offline
Road Trippin' King!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 5,010
Send a message via MSN to richarddhoward
Default Re: The Ranger neglect...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CumminsFTW View Post
no i have driven them. I have driven lots of them. I dont like them. If ford wanted to do something totally different they would make a little bigger one with four doors and a bigger motor that would turn heads.
Question: Why are you here then? Why aren't you on a Cummin's forum? I have a Sonoma, you could go try out one of those? Why are you here bashing the truck that works great for us, hence we spend our time here.
__________________
97 Ranger - 4.0 V6 auto, 4wd, 31x10.5x15s Wild Country XTX Sport All Terrains, Warn locking hubs, Pioneer deck with iPod attachment, Snugtop Topper, K&N filter, scan gauge II, Hella 500 Lights, More parts coming, waiting for the paycheck to get bigger!

Truck built in loving memory of Norm Howard
Outcast Racing
PNW Crew!!!
Afterhours Clan!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron_ariens View Post
I think Henry just shit himself
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radness View Post
Its kind of like that carnival game "Whack A Mole" but with guns! Haha
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 03-14-2011, 07:02 PM
richarddhoward richarddhoward is offline
Road Trippin' King!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 5,010
Send a message via MSN to richarddhoward
Default Re: The Ranger neglect...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CumminsFTW View Post
i put one post on here about how ford isnt makin rangers anymore and you get all butt hurt. Would it have made it better for you if I just said ford aint makin them anymore cuz no body likes them anymore except for the people that own one themselves. I have already said why im on these forums like 4 times so go read another post. Oh and heres somethin no body knows but I used to own a ranger way back in the day. yes yes I know me. And you know what it fell apart even know I took care of it.
I never got butt hurt, just curious as to why you are here, and I continually seem to see put downs from you on the Ranger. Let's all calm down meow...syrup?
__________________
97 Ranger - 4.0 V6 auto, 4wd, 31x10.5x15s Wild Country XTX Sport All Terrains, Warn locking hubs, Pioneer deck with iPod attachment, Snugtop Topper, K&N filter, scan gauge II, Hella 500 Lights, More parts coming, waiting for the paycheck to get bigger!

Truck built in loving memory of Norm Howard
Outcast Racing
PNW Crew!!!
Afterhours Clan!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron_ariens View Post
I think Henry just shit himself
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radness View Post
Its kind of like that carnival game "Whack A Mole" but with guns! Haha
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 03-14-2011, 07:10 PM
01B3000 01B3000 is offline
Needs moar chrome....
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,319
Default Re: The Ranger neglect...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CumminsFTW View Post
i put one post on here about how ford isnt makin rangers anymore and you get all butt hurt. Would it have made it better for you if I just said ford aint makin them anymore cuz no body likes them anymore except for the people that own one themselves. I have already said why im on these forums like 4 times so go read another post. Oh and heres somethin no body knows but I used to own a ranger way back in the day. yes yes I know me. And you know what it fell apart even know I took care of it.
Not to make it sound funny, but we have every right to get butt hurt, these are the trucks we love, so why are you coming on here and telling us otherwise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by richarddhoward View Post
I never got butt hurt, just curious as to why you are here, and I continually seem to see put downs from you on the Ranger. Let's all calm down meow...syrup?
$10 Bucks my syrup will be gone before yours.
__________________
2001 Mazda B-3000 CabPlus "FX2 Off Road"| 3.0 | 5 SPD | 3 In Spindle Lift | Belltech Shackles | UltraGauge |Alpine Head / 10" Kicker Setup | Air Box Mod | Add-A-Leaf| Thrush Welded B4 Rear Wheel | Kobalt Box | Cobra 19 DX IV | Custom PA Speaker | Front/Rear Tow Receiver | 2X Aux Lights | Hideaway Strobes | Back Rack Safety Rack | Amber LED Strobes | Blue LED Strobes | 265/75/R16 General Grabber AT2's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clinton View Post
I like little girls...........
RIP Jason
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 03-14-2011, 07:14 PM
richarddhoward richarddhoward is offline
Road Trippin' King!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 5,010
Send a message via MSN to richarddhoward
Default Re: The Ranger neglect...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01B3000 View Post
Not to make it sound funny, but we have every right to get butt hurt, these are the trucks we love, so why are you coming on here and telling us otherwise?

$10 Bucks my syrup will be gone before yours.
The schnozberries empower me!!!
__________________
97 Ranger - 4.0 V6 auto, 4wd, 31x10.5x15s Wild Country XTX Sport All Terrains, Warn locking hubs, Pioneer deck with iPod attachment, Snugtop Topper, K&N filter, scan gauge II, Hella 500 Lights, More parts coming, waiting for the paycheck to get bigger!

Truck built in loving memory of Norm Howard
Outcast Racing
PNW Crew!!!
Afterhours Clan!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron_ariens View Post
I think Henry just shit himself
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radness View Post
Its kind of like that carnival game "Whack A Mole" but with guns! Haha
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 03-14-2011, 07:18 PM
01B3000 01B3000 is offline
Needs moar chrome....
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,319
Default Re: The Ranger neglect...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CumminsFTW View Post
lol im not telling you otherwise. Listen you make it seem like I came on this post like this. "hey guys rangers are gay and all you fags that drive them get a real truck and burn that ranger." Now if I were saying stuff like that. Then I could see myself bashin you folks. I just wrote why I think ford dont care about the ranger anymore and I just ha d a little fun with it. So everyone just calm down now. Im not mad and Im not bashin.
Ok, but were out of syrup, would you like a liter of cola instead?
__________________
2001 Mazda B-3000 CabPlus "FX2 Off Road"| 3.0 | 5 SPD | 3 In Spindle Lift | Belltech Shackles | UltraGauge |Alpine Head / 10" Kicker Setup | Air Box Mod | Add-A-Leaf| Thrush Welded B4 Rear Wheel | Kobalt Box | Cobra 19 DX IV | Custom PA Speaker | Front/Rear Tow Receiver | 2X Aux Lights | Hideaway Strobes | Back Rack Safety Rack | Amber LED Strobes | Blue LED Strobes | 265/75/R16 General Grabber AT2's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clinton View Post
I like little girls...........
RIP Jason
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 03-14-2011, 07:23 PM
richarddhoward richarddhoward is offline
Road Trippin' King!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 5,010
Send a message via MSN to richarddhoward
Default Re: The Ranger neglect...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01B3000 View Post
Ok, but were out of syrup, would you like a liter of cola instead?
Does this look like spit in my burger? Truck it, where's my god damn liter of cola!
__________________
97 Ranger - 4.0 V6 auto, 4wd, 31x10.5x15s Wild Country XTX Sport All Terrains, Warn locking hubs, Pioneer deck with iPod attachment, Snugtop Topper, K&N filter, scan gauge II, Hella 500 Lights, More parts coming, waiting for the paycheck to get bigger!

Truck built in loving memory of Norm Howard
Outcast Racing
PNW Crew!!!
Afterhours Clan!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron_ariens View Post
I think Henry just shit himself
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radness View Post
Its kind of like that carnival game "Whack A Mole" but with guns! Haha
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 03-14-2011, 07:28 PM
01B3000 01B3000 is offline
Needs moar chrome....
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,319
Default Re: The Ranger neglect...

I think that chicken frucker has it
__________________
2001 Mazda B-3000 CabPlus "FX2 Off Road"| 3.0 | 5 SPD | 3 In Spindle Lift | Belltech Shackles | UltraGauge |Alpine Head / 10" Kicker Setup | Air Box Mod | Add-A-Leaf| Thrush Welded B4 Rear Wheel | Kobalt Box | Cobra 19 DX IV | Custom PA Speaker | Front/Rear Tow Receiver | 2X Aux Lights | Hideaway Strobes | Back Rack Safety Rack | Amber LED Strobes | Blue LED Strobes | 265/75/R16 General Grabber AT2's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clinton View Post
I like little girls...........
RIP Jason
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search