Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #1  
Old 02-21-2011, 09:44 AM
geekfreek95 geekfreek95 is offline
Learning to use the forums
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 3
Default need to convince my dad to let me lift my ranger

Hey I need some help convincing my dad to let me lift my 2wd ranger and put a ford 8.8 limited slip axle in and maybe some bfg all-terrains
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-21-2011, 09:47 AM
ben10 ben10 is offline
slut life
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,014
Default Re: need to convince my dad to let me lift my ranger

Tell him its a truck you plan on keeping for a while, and its something you have been looking at doing for a while as well. You have done heaps and heaps of research (if you haven't you better start now) and you know all the pluses and minuses of the type of lift you want, including mileage dropping, handling characteristics, change in value. And that your willing to work for it and ask him what you need to do to convince him.
__________________
99 extended cab, 4.0, auto, 33s, 4x4 lifted with some stuff done

98 2wd 2.5, 5 speed, dropped with some stuff done
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-21-2011, 10:17 AM
99rangerguy 99rangerguy is offline
Sold out for a Focus
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,580
Default Re: need to convince my dad to let me lift my ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben10 View Post
Tell him its a truck you plan on keeping for a while, and its something you have been looking at doing for a while as well. You have done heaps and heaps of research (if you haven't you better start now) and you know all the pluses and minuses of the type of lift you want, including mileage dropping, handling characteristics, change in value. And that your willing to work for it and ask him what you need to do to convince him.
Couldn't have said it any better myself.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-21-2011, 10:36 AM
ben10 ben10 is offline
slut life
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,014
Default Re: need to convince my dad to let me lift my ranger

a few of the other things to consider are figure out which lift you want and how much its gonna cost you, and if you can do it yourself, try to get the money together for it, so when your dad comes at you with something about how he doesnt wanna pay for it, you can tell him you have the money set aside for it. also be aware of when you ask him, get on his good side for a while, make sure to do your chores, go the extra mile, be a good kid, and make sure your grades in school are good. being a good kid makes it a lot harder for your pops to say no, and bring those to the table early, tell him you have been working really hard to show how responsible and hard working you can be and you feel you deserve it and let him know you will continue to do good.
__________________
99 extended cab, 4.0, auto, 33s, 4x4 lifted with some stuff done

98 2wd 2.5, 5 speed, dropped with some stuff done
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-21-2011, 10:42 AM
Ranger_EDGE Ranger_EDGE is offline
SVT
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,522
Default Re: need to convince my dad to let me lift my ranger

im 20 and my dad watch's my truck like a hawk. Up to here though with it and don't know how much more i can keep taking it. I have wanted to take my mud flaps off for ever and he would kill me if i took them off. And i would like to dump my exhaust and get my large funky looking tip off. But his house his rules. Even though the truck is mine %100. Once you guys see me not on here for a couple days you will know i got kicked out of the house lol and i agree with ben! research is key to everything! i've been researching bfg's and come to find out there the best rated all terrain tire out there for the price. But like i said my dad says he like my p235's so i'm still trying to get him on board with the 31's bfg's. Its been a war here for the last couple of months with this tire topic. Taking a blade to my tires so i have to get new tires is a possibility right now
__________________
-1995 ford ranger prerunner, 4.0, 4x4, 5-speed, 62k original miles, 2.5 radflo bypass front and 2.5 radflo triple bypass rear, deavers f23, 4.56 gears front and back, 07 seats, 07 mirrors, 35x12.50 bfg a/t, 4" fiberwerk glass front and rear, eagle alloy rims, 6k hid heads, two 8k hid off road lights, 34" led light bar, bed/roll cage/engine cage, 25 gallon fuel cell, cut and extended beams/radius arms
-2000 ford SVT f150 lightning -SOLD Lifted 2001 Ford Ranger EDGE, April's 2012 TOTM
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-21-2011, 10:47 AM
ben10 ben10 is offline
slut life
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,014
Default Re: need to convince my dad to let me lift my ranger

hahahaha hey ranger edge do you do a lot of long distance commuting? if so bring that to the table, a larger diameter tire will bring the RPMs down which on the highway could lead to better mileage. it will go down some driving in town and going slow, but leave that part out.
__________________
99 extended cab, 4.0, auto, 33s, 4x4 lifted with some stuff done

98 2wd 2.5, 5 speed, dropped with some stuff done
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-21-2011, 10:51 AM
Ranger_EDGE Ranger_EDGE is offline
SVT
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,522
Default Re: need to convince my dad to let me lift my ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben10 View Post
hahahaha hey ranger edge do you do a lot of long distance commuting? if so bring that to the table, a larger diameter tire will bring the RPMs down which on the highway could lead to better mileage. it will go down some driving in town and going slow, but leave that part out.

to work and back is less then 10 miles a day. But gas milage is not my problem at all. I fill up once every 2 weeks and when i was going to school twice a week which still didn't bother me. and i would leave that part out about the worse gas millage out though LOL!
__________________
-1995 ford ranger prerunner, 4.0, 4x4, 5-speed, 62k original miles, 2.5 radflo bypass front and 2.5 radflo triple bypass rear, deavers f23, 4.56 gears front and back, 07 seats, 07 mirrors, 35x12.50 bfg a/t, 4" fiberwerk glass front and rear, eagle alloy rims, 6k hid heads, two 8k hid off road lights, 34" led light bar, bed/roll cage/engine cage, 25 gallon fuel cell, cut and extended beams/radius arms
-2000 ford SVT f150 lightning -SOLD Lifted 2001 Ford Ranger EDGE, April's 2012 TOTM
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-21-2011, 10:54 AM
pooleo pooleo is offline
Ban Survivor. (x2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 6,764
Default Re: need to convince my dad to let me lift my ranger

tell him that a couple of "fat" chicks are after you and the only way you feel they will leave you alone is to lift your truck. Tell him you feel they only want you because of your truck and if you lift it they will be discouraged that they wont be able to jump in it. And will leave you alone.

(no offense to anyone who is "overweight" I my self am heavy.
__________________
1999 | Ext. Cab | 4.0 | 4x4 | 4.10's
Quote:
A Gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Each time he enters the arena, he slips his c0ck in the mouth of the beast, and prays to thrust home before the jaws snap shut. - Oenomaus
Ball Joints/Upper A-Arms How To
Replace Door pin/bushing
Repair broken dome light tabs
VIDEO OHC Install
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-21-2011, 10:56 AM
FireRanger FireRanger is offline
Blinded by the light
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 7,674
Send a message via AIM to FireRanger
Default Re: need to convince my dad to let me lift my ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekfreek95 View Post
Hey I need some help convincing my dad to let me lift my 2wd ranger and put a ford 8.8 limited slip axle in and maybe some bfg all-terrains
Lets start with something else...
1. Who paid for your truck / who is paying for it now?
2. Who will be paying for all the various mods you mentioned?
__________________
(Formerly)
FireRanger
2003 Edge 4.0 4wd

How to: Aux light wiring, relays, & fuses
Info: 300+ intake threads here on FRF
Info: HID Projectors
How To: NO HEAT Troubleshooting Guide
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-21-2011, 11:02 AM
pooleo pooleo is offline
Ban Survivor. (x2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 6,764
Default Re: need to convince my dad to let me lift my ranger

^^^ I like were this is going!
__________________
1999 | Ext. Cab | 4.0 | 4x4 | 4.10's
Quote:
A Gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Each time he enters the arena, he slips his c0ck in the mouth of the beast, and prays to thrust home before the jaws snap shut. - Oenomaus
Ball Joints/Upper A-Arms How To
Replace Door pin/bushing
Repair broken dome light tabs
VIDEO OHC Install
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 02-21-2011, 11:13 AM
01B3000 01B3000 is offline
Needs moar chrome....
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,319
Default Re: need to convince my dad to let me lift my ranger

Hell do what im doing, let him know after its done
__________________
2001 Mazda B-3000 CabPlus "FX2 Off Road"| 3.0 | 5 SPD | 3 In Spindle Lift | Belltech Shackles | UltraGauge |Alpine Head / 10" Kicker Setup | Air Box Mod | Add-A-Leaf| Thrush Welded B4 Rear Wheel | Kobalt Box | Cobra 19 DX IV | Custom PA Speaker | Front/Rear Tow Receiver | 2X Aux Lights | Hideaway Strobes | Back Rack Safety Rack | Amber LED Strobes | Blue LED Strobes | 265/75/R16 General Grabber AT2's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clinton View Post
I like little girls...........
RIP Jason
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-21-2011, 11:18 AM
Ranger_EDGE Ranger_EDGE is offline
SVT
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,522
Default Re: need to convince my dad to let me lift my ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01B3000 View Post
Hell do what im doing, let him know after its done
done that a few times lmao!!
__________________
-1995 ford ranger prerunner, 4.0, 4x4, 5-speed, 62k original miles, 2.5 radflo bypass front and 2.5 radflo triple bypass rear, deavers f23, 4.56 gears front and back, 07 seats, 07 mirrors, 35x12.50 bfg a/t, 4" fiberwerk glass front and rear, eagle alloy rims, 6k hid heads, two 8k hid off road lights, 34" led light bar, bed/roll cage/engine cage, 25 gallon fuel cell, cut and extended beams/radius arms
-2000 ford SVT f150 lightning -SOLD Lifted 2001 Ford Ranger EDGE, April's 2012 TOTM
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-21-2011, 04:26 PM
fordboy95 fordboy95 is offline
Ford Motor Co
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 158
Default Re: need to convince my dad to let me lift my ranger

tell him you want a father&son project. And offer to pay for it.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-21-2011, 04:29 PM
oldcarfart oldcarfart is offline
Ford Tough
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 244
Default Re: need to convince my dad to let me lift my ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger_EDGE View Post
im 20 and my dad watch's my truck like a hawk. Up to here though with it and don't know how much more i can keep taking it. I have wanted to take my mud flaps off for ever and he would kill me if i took them off. And i would like to dump my exhaust and get my large funky looking tip off. But his house his rules. Even though the truck is mine %100. Once you guys see me not on here for a couple days you will know i got kicked out of the house lol and i agree with ben! research is key to everything! i've been researching bfg's and come to find out there the best rated all terrain tire out there for the price. But like i said my dad says he like my p235's so i'm still trying to get him on board with the 31's bfg's. Its been a war here for the last couple of months with this tire topic. Taking a blade to my tires so i have to get new tires is a possibility right now
move out! you are fighting over this crap? just be glad your old man doesn't take his stress out on you every night, I joined Navy as soon as I could sign papers on my own to get away.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-21-2011, 04:38 PM
WildlandFirefighter WildlandFirefighter is offline
Blut und Ehre
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 394
Default Re: need to convince my dad to let me lift my ranger

Hearing gas prices is going up. This will be an issue among everyone.

----------

And don't let a damn truck ruin you and your dad's relationship with each other.
__________________
1979 Ford F150 4X4, 7.5L, C6, 38s Super Swampers TSL

1978 Ford Courier 4x4, 2.3L carbed, 5 spd manual, dry-rotted tires

1985 Ford Ranger 4x4, 2.3L FI, 5 spd manual, 29s Power Kings

1990 Ford Bronco 4x4, 4.9L, 5 spd manual, 31s Maxxis Bighorns
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I just found out I'm going to be a dad! 01_ranger_4x4 Off Topic 78 01-11-2011 01:15 PM
Looking into the V8 swap.. convince me.. 02BlueRanger 8-Cylinder Tech 3 11-22-2010 04:27 PM
Caught my dad with my gf... wtf do i do? So messed up... caught red-handed. Superlifted06FX4 Laugh Factory 54 09-27-2010 09:13 AM
I don't have a Ranger, my dad does. TibFreak Introduce Yourself 26 12-30-2009 08:15 AM
is a body lift or a suspension lift better for a 2 wheel drive ford ranger? cooper c Lifted Suspension 2 11-29-2008 04:11 PM