Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #1  
Old 02-20-2011, 06:30 AM
Josh494949 Josh494949 is offline
Like the Forums
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 35
Red face Need some one tonhold my hand lol

Ok not literally hold my hand BUT
As I'm new to the ranger scene I don't know much about my truck
Other than
It's a 2.5 none turbo DIESEL rear wheel drive super cab 99


Basically I need some one with some patients to walk me Turku certain things ( I'm currently looking through 3 forums for help but this seems to be my fav forum) I currency use the search feature but would still like a friendly hand

I want to know engine specs of my truck
If anything can be done mechanically such as turbo upgrade

I want styling tips been looking at a face lift (front end swap) but not sure if it can be done on my truck and what truck I'd have to take parts from

I really like the OHC mod but dont know where to start with it such as what truck to take the parts from

I really want fender flares but again being in uk parts are not that common so would need to know what truck there from

Iv looked through the how too section and there are some great ideas just not sure if there applicable to my truck?

Can any one play ball back and forth with me with my truck related questions?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-20-2011, 06:35 AM
STL STL is offline
...............

 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 23,398
Default Re: Need some one tonhold my hand lol

Sorry I dnt think we will be much help. Like stated in your other thread. 99% of all members here are from North America.

You would have to search the internet for most of that.
__________________
2005 Edge

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-20-2011, 06:39 AM
Ranger Sport Ranger Sport is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,137
Default Re: Need some one tonhold my hand lol

Seeing as you UK chaps put turbos on every imaginable diesel engines out there, i'd try the local scrap yards.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-20-2011, 06:42 AM
STL STL is offline
...............

 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 23,398
Default Re: Need some one tonhold my hand lol

There is more to then just throwing on a turbo. If you dont have the correct internal engine parts your engine wont last.
__________________
2005 Edge

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-20-2011, 06:48 AM
Josh494949 Josh494949 is offline
Like the Forums
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 35
Default Re: Need some one tonhold my hand lol

Lol sorry my thread has been taken wrong way
I was wandering if a turbo upgrade was possible as there is a 2.5 turbo model
Also
I can get All styling / lifting ideas from here just sourcing the parts is going to be tricky

I just don't know what parts I need from what truck such as the face lift, ohc and the fender flares
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-20-2011, 06:50 AM
Ranger Sport Ranger Sport is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,137
Default Re: Need some one tonhold my hand lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL View Post
There is more to then just throwing on a turbo. If you dont have the correct internal engine parts your engine wont last.
I know, but chances are, the manufactuer didn't produce 4 different 2.5l engines for the ranger that year.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-20-2011, 06:54 AM
oldcarfart oldcarfart is offline
Ford Tough
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 244
Default Re: Need some one tonhold my hand lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh494949 View Post
Ok not literally hold my hand BUT
As I'm new to the ranger scene I don't know much about my truck
Other than
It's a 2.5 none turbo DIESEL rear wheel drive super cab 99


Basically I need some one with some patients to walk me Turku certain things ( I'm currently looking through 3 forums for help but this seems to be my fav forum) I currency use the search feature but would still like a friendly hand

I want to know engine specs of my truck
If anything can be done mechanically such as turbo upgrade

I want styling tips been looking at a face lift (front end swap) but not sure if it can be done on my truck and what truck I'd have to take parts from

I really like the OHC mod but dont know where to start with it such as what truck to take the parts from

I really want fender flares but again being in uk parts are not that common so would need to know what truck there from

Iv looked through the how too section and there are some great ideas just not sure if there applicable to my truck?

Can any one play ball back and forth with me with my truck related questions?
No issues, mate <grin>, read the forums on the OHC, etc. and many give a vehicle source. Many of us have spares or access to the parts only negative is shipping, duty, VAT (if applicable). I started having parts shipped outside USA in '70 when stationed in military and still do it today (NO CHEMICALS!!!). I can be reached at oldcarfart@aol.com, make sure "RANGER PARTS" in email title block.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-20-2011, 06:59 AM
STL STL is offline
...............

 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 23,398
Default Re: Need some one tonhold my hand lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger Sport View Post
I know, but chances are, the manufactuer didn't produce 4 different 2.5l engines for the ranger that year.
Ya I know what you were saying. I Just wanted him to understand. I would imagine the 2.5 turbo diesel and the 2.5 non turbo diesel share the same internals.

I know from worki that non turbo diesels here in the states still get forged internals.
__________________
2005 Edge

Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-20-2011, 07:00 AM
oldcarfart oldcarfart is offline
Ford Tough
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 244
Default Re: Need some one tonhold my hand lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh494949 View Post
Lol sorry my thread has been taken wrong way
I was wandering if a turbo upgrade was possible as there is a 2.5 turbo model
Also
I can get All styling / lifting ideas from here just sourcing the parts is going to be tricky

I just don't know what parts I need from what truck such as the face lift, ohc and the fender flares
Most of the diesels I have worked on have forged pistons because of compression ratios (up to 22:1) but you may need a thicker head gasket to reduce compression to go from NA to turbo.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-20-2011, 07:01 AM
Josh494949 Josh494949 is offline
Like the Forums
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 35
Default Re: Need some one tonhold my hand lol

Thanks feel like I'm slowly getting to terms with this forum
My problem is lack of knowledge as iv only done show golf mk4 or a rabbit in the U.S lol

Sort if hoping to learn from you guys to get the truck up to scratch

Any links to any opines build thread that's the same shape truck admins and has done a face lift will be appreciated
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 02-20-2011, 07:02 AM
Ranger Sport Ranger Sport is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,137
Default Re: Need some one tonhold my hand lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL View Post
Ya I know what you were saying. I Just wanted him to understand. I would imagine the 2.5 turbo diesel and the 2.5 non turbo diesel share the same internals.

I know from worki that non turbo diesels here in the states still get forged internals.
Ooh gotcha

Let's hope for him he does, which will make a cheap mod with huge benefits
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-20-2011, 07:07 AM
Josh494949 Josh494949 is offline
Like the Forums
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 35
Default Re: Need some one tonhold my hand lol

RANGER SPORT and STL

Are you saying that a turbo upgrade can be possible as I thought the engines would be pretty much the same

I'm just lost with the fact iv only had the truck a week and haven't looked much in to the engine

I'm unsure if the fuel and are would be at all ecu controlled, I have noticed a obd port but I'm guessing that would be just for sensor readings??
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-20-2011, 07:11 AM
STL STL is offline
...............

 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 23,398
Default Re: Need some one tonhold my hand lol

Can you create a signature with the truck specs?

What year is your truck?

http://www.fordrangerforum.com/site-...signature.html<===CLICK he to see how to make one
__________________
2005 Edge

Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-20-2011, 07:12 AM
Josh494949 Josh494949 is offline
Like the Forums
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 35
Default Re: Need some one tonhold my hand lol

So any chance I can get more info about the fender flares, ohc and face lift?
Guess a good start would be would it fit and work with my model truck?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-20-2011, 07:17 AM
STL STL is offline
...............

 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 23,398
Default Re: Need some one tonhold my hand lol

So farf I have found this which you may wanna look at.

http://www.247spares.co.uk/ford/ranger
__________________
2005 Edge

Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Photoshop and boredum go hand in hand Sonic04edge Vehicle Snapshots 18 02-04-2011 09:12 AM
Hand washed and waxed TrndAssassin Vehicle Snapshots 12 01-26-2011 04:25 PM
Really? Why??? LOL bugz1racing Off Topic 30 12-25-2010 09:07 AM
Show your hand-held technology cwc ranger Music/Movies/Computers/etc. 56 08-26-2010 12:35 PM
Just did a heater core replacement now ABS and Hand Brake lights are on JSB87 4-Cylinder Tech 0 08-05-2010 07:35 PM